New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[New Baby Time]

"He's super cute." Lucy grins and rubs his head more. "Wait! Was I bald when I was a baby?" She's shocked at the prospect.

Meanwhile, another face looks into the room. It's Gwydion in his pajamas. "Hey, why's Lucy get to see the baby?"

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Halfling in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

"He is, right? And yeah, you were. For just a little bit." Adir reaches over and ruffles Lucy's flowers. "Gorgeous girl."

Adir looks over at his son. He grins wide, but complains. "Gods! They're endless! Come on, if you really wanna see. Come on PJ boy, climb up here."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

Lucy touches her voluminous flowers. Horrifying.

Gwydion comes over and carefully climbs onto the bed. He scurries over so he can get a closer look. Closer than he was able to get earlier. He doesn't have any verbal comments right now, just content to watch the baby for a moment.

4. - Top - End - #1324

[New Baby Time]

"Whaddya think Gwyd? Good? Can ya love him like a little brother?" Adir reaches over and tickles Gwydion's belly. Then for good measure he rolls over and blows a raspberry against Lucy's stomach. "His name's Finian by the way."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

Oh no! Gwydion laughs and squirms away from his dad. Lucy likewise shrieks as she's attacked! The jostling and noise has a dread consequence, though. Finian wakes up, and he starts crying immediately. What's worse, Sakura comes marching into the room. She doesn't look too impressed. "What is going on in here?" She looks specifically at Adir.

6. - Top - End - #1326

[New Baby Time]

"Oh, uh," Adir looks between Finian and Sakura as he tries to rock the baby to calm him down. "They did it."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

The two kids loudly start to protest Adir's claim and profess their innocence, until Sakura clears her throat and their immediately cut off. Of course Sakura is still giving Adir the disapproving look. "You two need to get to bed. You can see your brother tomorrow."

"But mommy I got school tomorrow." Lucy complains.

"Lucy, it's past your bed time and Finian needs to sleep." A point very well made over the sound of his crying. "If you don't get going you're gonna be in trouble." The dryad warns.

8. - Top - End - #1328

[New Baby Time]

Adir flashes an innocent and winning grin. Of course his attention is quickly centered on Finian, who is rocked and quietly spoken to so he can hopefully be calmed down.

"Kid, kid, kid," Adir touches Lucy's shoulder. "Do like your mom says. I'll get you up a little early and let you take a peek at him, okay? If he's up you can even hold him."

The stag glances at his older son. "You too, boy."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

Lucy pouts. Her nostrils flair, but she relents. "Okay..." She leans over to give the fussy baby a kiss on the forehead. "Night night, Finian." She slides off the bed and runs out of the room.

Gwydion at the very least has his pajamas on, so he's a step ahead of his sister. He nods. "I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." He then flees from the crying.

Now it's only three. Sakura gives Adir an unimpressed look. The last thing you do is wake the baby. Thankfully the full force of the crying has subsided, but he's not just going down again.

10. - Top - End - #1330

[New Baby Time]

Adir watches them go, then tries to flash Sakura another smile. This one looks more like a wince. "Haha. Good kids," he says. He continues fussing over the little newborn, looking from Sakura to Finian and back again. "How are you feeling? You gotta be exhausted. They said this kid weighs eleven pounds! Lookit the size of him! And the lung capacity already! Incredible."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2021-01-28 at 11:04 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Playing Around

Blanche gets up to follow, inwardly a little happy for the excuse to stand up and do something besides gossip. Her eyebrows raise - so that's what "lego" was? Didn't seem too familiar, but that didn't make what the kid had built so far any less impressive. "Dang, you've certainly got a lot of patience. It's already looking like it's coming together, too."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #1332

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Playing Around]

"Mmhm!" Jillian nods.

Bastion smiles and leads the ay to the other side of the play room. He pushes a few things out of the way, including a large toy bucket and a chair, to reveal his creation. It's actually quite an ambitious project. It appears he's part way through making a large keep and he has the outline of outer walls. He's also pretty careful to use bricks in an appropriate colour range for the various components. "I'm still working on it. It's gonna take a long time. I'm using a book so I know what to do." The boy retrieves a large book and flips it open to a large. He turns it around so the two can see a two page spread of an overhead view of a castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Playing Around

Blanche gets up to follow, inwardly a little happy for the excuse to stand up and do something besides gossip. Her eyebrows raise - so that's what "lego" was? Didn't seem too familiar, but that didn't make what the kid had built so far any less impressive. "Dang, you've certainly got a lot of patience. It's already looking like it's coming together, too."
    [Playing Around]

Cessie is smiling porudly as Blanche and Anika are inspecting the keep her son as built. "Yes, he's been working on it for quite a while now. It's impressive, isn't it?"

Anika has to lean leans over quite a bit to be able to see the book. She also needed to duck to not slam her head into some of the door frames so perhaps that wasn't that big a surprise. "Wow." She remarks, her eyes widening as she sees the full scale of it.
    Then she shifts her attention to the lego-structure itself and gives one of the towers a gentle poke as she's looking over it. "Yikes kid, so are you gonna play out a siege with it once you finish it? Like, with little soldiers and all that stuff? Since this would be a pretty badass battlefield. I can just picture all those little dudes fighting against one another, awesome."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-01-30 at 08:04 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

[Playing Around]

"I can't right now, because my box of lego doesn't have lots of lego people. I need to get more." Bastion glances at his mom, the arbiter of new toys, but looks back at their guests in a moment. "But I have lots of work to do before that anyway. I have to finish the walls, and I want to make the keep bigger." He gestures to the areas in question.

[New Baby Time]

"I don't think he was that much different than the others." She comes over and sits on the bed. She strokes Finian's head and the boy calms down almost immediately. "But I guess I'm used to it by now."

14. - Top - End - #1334

[New Baby Time]

"I was going to say," Adir smiles as he watches Sakura touch the new baby. She's like magic. He reaches over and gently lays a hand flat against her stomach. "You've practically got a conveyer belt in here. I bet you hardly even feel them."

There's a little pause. Adir looks down at Finian's tiny face. His ears droop by the sides of his head, relaxed. He softens his voice to a murmur. "Welcome home, Finian. I'm sorry. I promise it's not so noisy all the time. Your dad just can't help himself sometimes."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #1335

Playing Around

"Wow, how large are you aiming for? Is there some sort of scale you're trying to reach, or?" Blanche isn't really sure about the general layout of a keep, so she can't tell what might be missing. There's plenty of space to fill in there, but it's not like she can presume Bastion plans to go end-to-end or anything.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

"Don't lie to him now." Sakura giggles. Their home hasn't been quiet in years, she's certain. "And I can promise you I feel them. I hope you don't think I'm not doing any work." She teases.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Playing Around

"I'm sure you'll get some more eventually." Cessie remarks with a cryptic smile once lego figures are mentioned. "But Cora and Jillian have helped with some parts, haven't they?" She had been under the impression they had at least.

"Like this dude?" Anika gestures at a lego figure standing at the dawnbridge of the keep. They're decked out in full armor with a silver sword in each hand which they're holding in as much of a fighting pose you can get from a lego figure.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-02-09 at 06:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1338

[New Baby Time]

"Just a white lie! If he figures out how loud it is in here he's gonna crawl out of here the first chance he gets!" Adir whispers.

He raises his eyebrows when she teases him. "Really?" Adir draws out the word. He leans towards her with a silly smirk. "Are you sure you aren't just playing up all that huffing and puffing so you can get free favors out of me? 'Oh, I bet if it looks like I'm all sweaty and exhausted he'll wait on me hand and foot for days.'" He pipes the last in an absolutely ridiculous impression of Sakura's voice.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

[Playing Around]

"A little bit." Bastion admits to his mom reluctantly. "But it's my castle." He clarifies.

The boy walks to the side of the castle, gesturing along the wall. "The walls are where they're going to be, but the keep needs a part sticking out the side here." He then nods to Anika. "Yeah, that one's a knight. I need more knights, but other sorts of people too."

[New Baby Time]

The dryad looks up from stroking their son's head and her eyebrows shoot up. Doesn't Adir know he's already in trouble? "Pretty sure I don't need to put on a show to get you to wait on me hand and foot, hm?" She smiles.

20. - Top - End - #1340

[New Baby Time]

Adir just can't help his mouth. When he gets himself into some trouble he tends to rapidly accrue more of it. It's just the story of his life. Heedless of his surely dire situation, he looks down from Sakura and into Finian's drowsy little eyes. "How can I argue with this woman, Fin? She's just too smart. I'm helpless."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

Sakura giggles and puts a finger on her chin. "Hm, I like the sound of that." The dryad settles into bed more comfortably, leaning against Adir. She looks downright sleepy it must be said. Not surprising, really. Just because she's out of the hospital doesn't mean she's not going to be recovering for a while longer.

22. - Top - End - #1342

[New Baby Time]

"Hm, I bet you do," Adir says with a ripple of laughter. He watches the dryad with hooded eyes as she settles against him. "Hey, hey sleepyhead. Don't drift off on me yet. I've gotta put your new darling in his baby cage first." Unless he doesn't. It might be okay to just let Sakura and Finian rest on him a while. It's what he's there for after all.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

"Hm, no, he can sleep here tonight." Sakura decides. It's not the first time they've coslept with a new baby, though it tends to be tougher when they have twins. That's not an issue this time, though. She starts to shift to make space between them to lay Finian.

24. - Top - End - #1344

[New Baby Time]

"If you want," Adir agrees, moving his big body to make some room as well. He lies on his side and lowers the little guy down between them. He smiles across the little space at her, his head propped up on one hand.

"Does it ever just... hit you? All these little kids we've got... they're whole lives we've made. Just you and me. And they're gonna grow up and touch so many other people. And have their own little kids with their own little lives..." Adir sighs through his nose. He watches Finian from behind hooded eyes and strokes the top of his head.

"It's exhausting to think about. But I can't think of anything else more... what's the word..." His ears wiggle in separate directions. "Fulfilling."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Baby Time]

Sakura grins. "It's pretty wonderful, isn't it? Sometimes I can hardly believe that Laela is almost nine, and we've been together ten years. It doesn't feel that long ago that we just started our little family." She pauses, then giggles. "Hasn't been little for a long time, but you know."

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Dorota is on her way to the Mithar Keep. It's been a while since she was here and indeed since she spoke to Cessie at all. But a lot has happened since then, so Dorota visits once more. She heads directly towards the keep and knocks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #1347

[Visiting Alchemist]

The keep is largely unchanged at the very least, the gate to the inner courtyard is open and inside it she can find Garn cleaning off the inner side of the walls with a rag. Someone must have left a mess there. His attention immidiately shifts to Dorota as she approaches however and he quickly finishes off his duties and puts away his equipment to be able to properly greet her.

"Mrs Seregon." Garn states, not quite getting the pronoucation right, thought it's a miracle he even remembers her last name all after all this time. "Miss Mithar is having a guest. How can I help?"

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Hello, Garn." Dorota nods to the gargoyle. She does remember him, especially due to how she met him shortly after creating Sizewell herself. "I actually came to speak with Cessie, though I don't want to intrude if she has a guest already. Could you tell her I'm here?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

29. - Top - End - #1349

[Visiting Alchemist]

Garn nods. "I will tell her." He then gestures at the ground. "Stay here. Wait. Will be back soon." Then the gargoyle will go and tell Cessie of her presence, however...

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Dorota settles in to wait. Seems she might have come at a bad time. But she'll see what Garn says when he's back.