New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Visiting Alchemist]

"I can make many, but there are still many others that I don't know." Dorota hopes it sounds suitably impressive. "There's a potion I made that makes you see in the dark, like a cat."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Interview]

"Exactly! We're not looking for a maid," Adir says, making a 'what she said' gesture towards his wife. "Just an extra set of hands. And that's so nice to hear. You've got no idea. Um, do you have any questions for us?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Interview]

While Adir asks that question, Sakura leads the way back down the hall toward the front door. She turns back toward the others just past the intersection between the study and the living room. "We try to get the kids to pick up after themselves and each other. It works sometimes." The dryad laughs. "Kissa cleans after up herself, right sweetie?"

The girl's head whips toward her mom and she nods eagerly. "I'm clean!"
    Calanthe smiles in amusement as much as understanding, nodding. "Nothing on my end, no! I guess perhaps if there's anything I should know about any of the kids specifically, but perhaps that's getting ahead of ourselves?" Kissa's response evokes a stifled giggle behind a gloved hand - the one Lucy shook, she realizes a little too late with embarrassment.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Wooow, really? That's super cool!" Lucy bounces on her heels. "Can you make a potion that makes you super fast?"

"Hmmm." Cora purses her lips, but then she nods. "Yeah they're kinda the same. Maybe I can try that." She looks down at her feet with consideration.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Interview]

"Um. Well. Aside from being very clean, you should know that some of the kids are... special. Kissa here... can... kinda change shape. Got it from me. Can almost outrun me now, too. Isn't that right?" He asks, turning his head to look adoringly at his daughter. "Gwydion, one of our oldest, can... do things. Some kind of magic, we think. Just a little bit right now. Lucy talks to... well, everything, as you heard her mention outside. And we think things talk back."

"Oh, and she grew our middle boy Russell out of an apple," Adir says, pointing at Sakura in mock accusation, as if to say she's the cause of all this mischief. "So there's that."

The stag feels like he should get these... special traits out of the way. But also they amuse him, and he doesn't mind telling people about them.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

It dawns on Dorota, somewhat dimly, that telling an already active child about speed potions might not be a good idea. But she was never very good at thinking on her feet.

"I can. They can be dangerous, though. They can make you very tired and it's hard to watch where you're going after using it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Interview]

"He wasn't grown from an apple." Sakura protests. Mind you the fully story is both just as strange and more complicated. "But yeah, they all have their different needs, but none are too much trouble." The dryad winks. "Unless Kissa decides to make a run for it, hm?"

Kissa giggles. "I'm fastest." The girl boasts, beaming at all the attention.

Meanwhile, Finian is done eating. Sakura holds him up to her shoulder and covers up. She starts to slowly bob side to side.

7. - Top - End - #1447

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Try and don't stop, that's how you become the greatest." Ambrosia remarks with a nod. "Speaking of, would you mind if I ever come by while you're training with Wenomir, Cora? I'd be interested in watching you fight."

Cessie nods in agreement with Dorota. "Be careful with things you put in your mouth, Lucy. Always ask your mom or dad first." She cautions.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cora's eyes light up. "Yeah! Wenomir teaches me really good. I'm gonna be the greatest sword girl there ever was." She boasts.

Lucy opens her mouth, but then looks around first. No mommy or daddy to ask about a speed potion. She frowns and crosses her arms. "Okay..." She just wants to go fast.

9. - Top - End - #1449

The Interview

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Interview]

"Um. Well. Aside from being very clean, you should know that some of the kids are... special. Kissa here... can... kinda change shape. Got it from me. Can almost outrun me now, too. Isn't that right?" He asks, turning his head to look adoringly at his daughter. "Gwydion, one of our oldest, can... do things. Some kind of magic, we think. Just a little bit right now. Lucy talks to... well, everything, as you heard her mention outside. And we think things talk back."

"Oh, and she grew our middle boy Russell out of an apple," Adir says, pointing at Sakura in mock accusation, as if to say she's the cause of all this mischief. "So there's that."

The stag feels like he should get these... special traits out of the way. But also they amuse him, and he doesn't mind telling people about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Interview]

"He wasn't grown from an apple." Sakura protests. Mind you the fully story is both just as strange and more complicated. "But yeah, they all have their different needs, but none are too much trouble." The dryad winks. "Unless Kissa decides to make a run for it, hm?"

Kissa giggles. "I'm fastest." The girl boasts, beaming at all the attention.

Meanwhile, Finian is done eating. Sakura holds him up to her shoulder and covers up. She starts to slowly bob side to side.

The rabbit's brows quirk up as Adir expounds upon all of the varied gifts some of their children were born with. It wasn't that uncommon for her charges to possess certain arcane idiosyncrasies, but it still surprised her to hear of so many - especially so many that didn't sound like inherited quirks. One seems to pique her interest in particular however. "Some kind of magic, you say? I've actually a bit of a background in spellwork. Perhaps I can provide them some manner of guidance?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

That's a child crushed with disappointment if Dorota ever saw one. She's not sure how to change the subject, so she says the one thing that does come to her mind.

"Why do you want a speed potion? Do you like running really fast?"

11. - Top - End - #1451

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Then perhaps one day we can duel, swordgirl to swordgirl, so you can prove how good you are." Ambrosia remarks with a nod. "Do you have a favored sword-type yet? There's a lot to choose from."

"I was actually something of a runner back in the day, I can understand the excitment of running. I think some of your little sisters like to run too, isn't that right Lucy?" Cessie inquires, now joining the conversation again.

12. - Top - End - #1452

[The Interview]

"Hey, now. Don't listen to her. They're all trouble," says Adir. He glances from Kissa back to Calanthe.

"A bit of a background in spellwork?" Was that the faintest hint of trepidation in Adir's voice? Maybe he's a bit wary of magical nonsense. But his tone improves when he gives it some more thought.

"The kid could really use some guidance before he just up and blows away. He can almost fly. Scared the absolute hell out of me and Sakura both, more times than I can't count now." He looks at Kissa. "Sorry, honey. Don't say 'hell'. That's a daddy word."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cora's eyes shine. She would prove she's the greatest sword girl. "The longsword is the best!" She declares. Certainly not biased at all.

"Kissa thinks she's the fastest." Lucy's eyes narrow. "But deer are way slower than racecars." She fishes into the pockets of her overalls and produces two small toy cars. She holds them up for the adults to see better. "When I grow up, I'm gonna be the fastest racecar driver there ever was!"

[The Interview]

Kissa looks like she's concentrating, but she gives Adir no direct reply. Daddy word, huh?

"Oh, well that'd be great. Maybe you can talk to Cessie about it. She's our friend, and we're kind of neighbours. You'll see her and her kids around here lots.. She also knows all about magic." Maybe they'll get along?

14. - Top - End - #1454

The Interview

"Yes, I studied as a mage for most of my adolescence before changing career paths." Her answer is rather practiced and professional - it seems she's been asked to clarify rather often. "I certainly understand. Magical abilities like that can be difficult to adjust to, for parents as much as the child.

Calanthe's ears seem to perk up a bit when Sakura mentions Cessie. "It might be worthwhile, yes. Have you talked to her about it yourselves before?" There seems to be the slightest note of reticence at first, but she's quick to hide it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #1455

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cessie chuckles and smiles as she hears this. "I wish I had such grand goals when I was your age, Lucy. Both you and Cora seems to have made up your mind of what you're going to do as adults already." She eyes her daughter who seemed to have a similar conversation with Ambrosia. She could tell since she had that shine in her eyes. Then the sorceress looks back to Lucy and more closely inspects the toy cars. "I bet your dad have already taught you a lot about cars, huh?" She comments, not that Adir's truck was the most advanced car she had ever seen...

Meanwhile, in the other conversation, Ambrosia nods sagely. "I should have guessed that. Though, I still think you should try some other weapons too. That way you know how they fight when you're up against them. The first step to conquer your opponent is to know your opponent after all." She looks to the football field. "But speaking of which, perhaps it's best if you go back to your own game now, Cora. Just remember what I said about using your feet."

16. - Top - End - #1456

[The Interview]

"We'd pay you for your time, of course. If you want to do some tutoring," says Adir. "I don't think we've gotten in-depth with Cessie about Gwydion, at least not yet, but maybe between the two of you we can figure him out."

Finian, meanwhile, is probably nestled in mom's arm, leaning his head against her breast, and staring at Calanthe very intently. What an interesting new person.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Dorota is in unfamiliar territory here. Neither deer nor racecars are something she feels confident talking about. She does recognize sibling rivalry when she sees it, though.

"Does your sister want to ride a deer?" she asks, for lack of anything else to say.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Cora looks visibly skeptical, but she doesn't directly challenge Ambrosia's suggestion. "Oh!" She looks back to the game, or in this case some unstructured kicking of the ball since the game got disrupted. "They're probably losing without me. I'll remember!" She them turns and runs off without a moment of delay. She starts shouting at the others, rounding them up properly to play again.

Lucy shakes her head at Dorota. "Kissa turns into a deer." She says with no further explanation before looking back to her auntie. "Sometimes, but daddy says I can't go in the garage by myself, and sometimes he doesn't let me in when he's working in there." She huffs.

[The Interview]

"We've talked with her about it. She has a guess that it might be connected to her sort of magic somehow, but she still needs to figure out a way to test that proper." The dryad explains with a little shrug. She's a bit foggy on the details. "But you don't need to feel pressured about that. It's not really why you're here." She adds apologetically. She doesn't want to overwhelm the poor woman!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2021-05-04 at 12:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1459

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Good luck then, Cora. It was nice meeting you." Ambrosia bids the young girl goodbye with a nod and then watches her run back to her friends.

Then she turns her attention to Dorota, Cessie and Lucy.

"That's since your daddy knows how dangerous a garage can be, Lucy. But if you listen closely to what he says I'm sure he'll let you have it all to yourself when you're older." It would be good to have someone who wasn't Adir that understood cars.
    Cessie then glances at Dorota. "Adir, her father, can turn into a deer so some of her siblings can as well."

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

That does explain a lot. And Lucy's ears do look like a deer's ears... Dorota thinks. Woodland animals aren't really her speciality, what with her preference to keep a few solid walls between herself and the wilderness.

"Oh, I see. That makes sense. Your dad really does have the right idea, though. I don't have children, but I would be careful about letting them into my laboratory if I did."

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Lucy pouts harder. "I'm a big girl. I can go in the garage." She protests.

22. - Top - End - #1462

[Visiting Alchemist]

"What do you want to do in the garage anyway, Lucy?" Cessie inquires, taking a quick glance at Ambrosia who now have positioned herself some distance away. Now just waiting for them to finish their conversation.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

[Visiting Alchemist]

Dorota's in unfamiliar territory here. Is Lucy big enough to go into the garage? Her parents didn't really care where she went, as long as she was around when they needed her and out of the way when they didn't. But Adir and Sakura are clearly much better parents than hers were and they presumably know what they're doing. She says nothing for now.

24. - Top - End - #1464

The Interview

"Indeed - we can figure out the main aspects of the job first before we start focusing on that." Calanthe smiles, an amused glimmer in her eyes when she sees the bab staring up at her. "I'd say it looks like I can count on at Finian's cooperation."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #1465

[The Interview]

Finian sees her smile and seems to return it. A gleeful little giggle spills from his mouth.

Adir nods to the women. "Right, main aspects of the job. Why don't we go upstairs? You can see what you're in for with their rooms. At least with the sheer volume of stuff they have to toss around. " The stag grins. It might not be too bad right now, given their whole rule about the kids picking up after themselves, but the kids didn't always listen either. Especially certain delinquents he can think of...

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Interview]

"Oh, someone's feeling friendly." Sakura giggles and leans down to plant a kiss atop Finian's head. "But yeah, let's head upstairs."

The dryad leads the way up. The top of the stairs open up into a play area, after Sakura opens up a child gate. Here there are some toys scatters around; some are at least piled next to the big toy chests. There's also a big couch to sit on. "Another place for the kids to spend some time. Just one really isn't enough when they're cooped up inside. Everyone's rooms are up here too." She points to the archway that leads into a perpendicular hallways.

"Look at my room!" Kissa squeals. "Down, daddy." She strains against his arms. If he lets her down she'll toddle toward the hallway, turn around, and exclaim. "Come come!"

[Visiting Alchemist]

"I wanna look at the truck and the tools and stuff." Lucy explains.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2021-05-08 at 09:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467

The Interview

"Heh, I see what you mean." Calanthe enters the playroom somewhat gingerly, eyeing all the toys scattered about the place. "I'd be a little worried about someone tripping over something if it weren't for the gate." She makes a mental note of what kinds she sees - are they all kinds, or do the kids show a particular leaning towards things like action figures or Flam Wheels?

Kissa's enthusiasm brings a smile to the bungirl's face. "I'd love to! I bet you have all manner of cool things." She sounds quite earnest as she opts to let Kissa lead the way, making sure not to overtake her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #1468

[The Interview]

All the attention only causes Finian to produce more happy noises. He wriggles in mom's arms.

Once they're upstairs, the ladies can detect a little hint of annoyance from Adir as he lets out a breath through his nose. He's looking at the piled toys. These darn kids, his face says. That thought is promptly interrupted by Kissa. Again, his face is lit with joy. It's easy to tell he could just about forgive the kids for anything.

"Okay, honey! Easy now," he lowers her to the floor so she can toddle ahead. If Calanthe wants to follow the kid, the stag is happy to let them take the lead. He slides his hands into his pockets again and steps up to brush against Sakura's side, glancing down at the dryad. His eyes seem to ask what her impressions of Calanthe are so far.

There are almost certainly toys of all sorts scattered around the room. In particular there's a large plastic car, of the sort the kids can ride in. It's sporting quite a few large dents and telling scratches...
    Last edited by Murkus; 2021-05-09 at 05:23 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1469

[Visiting Alchemist]

"Can't your dad take those out of the garage?" Cessie suggests. "I'm sure he does occasionally. In fact, perhaps you'd like some tools for your birthday? Or maybe even as a midsummer gift?" Midsummer, as in the middle of june, was celebrated in Hestopia. Sometimes even with gifts. Cessie had a habit of giving small gifts to the children during this holiday.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Interview]

The most prominent type of toy are plush toys, mostly various animals. There also some constructive toys, like a bin of blocks, which have actually been put away except for a small tower. On a shelf there's a carefully placed arrangement of small toy horses.

Sakura just smiles at Adir and gives a little shrug. He'll have to wait for a proper reply. "You heard the lady. It's time for a room tour." Sakura says, followed by a giggle.

Kissa leads the way, hooking a right down the hall and then pushing a door open and disappearing inside. The adults (and Finian) follow into the bedroom. Inside is a decently large room housing two beds. Both beds are... mostly made, with Sakura having encouraged the kids to do it themselves this morning, even knowing the results would be imperfect. Kissa climbs up onto her bed and sits on the edge. "This is my room!" She holds her arms out wide. "And Malachi's room. He's my brother." She adds.