New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Garden Granite Chairs]

Nadas nods carefully "That would be wonderful, if it works out. Shame that she's hard to get ahold of, but I've been coming and going all the time myself, recently. If you give her a message I'm sure we'll find each other eventually."
    "Ah, thank you... That's more than I had hoped to hear."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Garden Granite Chairs]

"Excellent, should I tell her to meet you somewhere specific? Though knowing her, she might pick the meeting place."
    She knew that Nadas could be a bit paranoid though, or perhaps that was just a impression she got from him being related to Ilpholin? "What do you think about that?"

3. - Top - End - #123

"Someplace neutral, the Dancing Fox, Inside Central Public Library, like that." Nadas fills in quickly. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you, don't you know?
    "I think it would be excellent if it really could fix my memories up. And you know I'm glad to have your support."
    "But I suppose we all have our problems. Are you doing okay?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124

[Garden Granite Chairs]

"Inside Central Public Library? Is that new? Since I never remember using it before." Cessie remarks. Of course, Inside was Very Big, so it is possible she could have missed it somehow... "Perhaps the fox inn would be better, not that I have been there either admittedly." She simply knew that it existed, somewhere. Taverns were not really her thing, they were more for commoners. Not that there was anything wrong with them.

"But as for your question, I am doing just fine, thank you. We've had some demon problems lately. Just a lot of nasty business that I probably shouldn't get into considering they involve VIGIL. However, I did meet your sister a few weeks ago. Do you still see one another? She never mentioned you at all. Not that I actually asked, admittedly. You've been rather quiet as of late so I didn't even think of it."

5. - Top - End - #125

"My library card there is recent, but I'm not sure that proves anything."
    It does exist, though obviously the haunted libraries full of forbidden lore are more popular.

"I'm sure you'll be up to saving the world, whatever the details with the demons."
    "As for seeing Ilpholin, I try not to. We crossed paths a while back and she tried to ax-murder me; I had to break her arms. So at the moment I'm feeling quite done with my family."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka consults the map and points the kids in the right direction.

"Treasure hunting has to be slow and careful, Cern," she says. "Otherwise you can miss important clues."

"This house is so biiiiiig," Tuskfang meanwhile says. "Is like grandma and grandpa's house."

"But that sounds boring! Treasure hunts shouldn't be boring!"
    That sounds like the opposite of a treasure hunt.

"What are your grandma and grampa like, Tuskfang?"
    Gwydion asks, his eyes wide.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #127

Default Re: [Garden Granite Chairs]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "My library card there is recent, but I'm not sure that proves anything."
    It does exist, though obviously the haunted libraries full of forbidden lore are more popular.

"I'm sure you'll be up to saving the world, whatever the details with the demons."
    "As for seeing Ilpholin, I try not to. We crossed paths a while back and she tried to ax-murder me; I had to break her arms. So at the moment I'm feeling quite done with my family."
    [A Talk]

Cessie masks the initial shock, instead her expression turns grave as she stares back at Nadas. "Why would she do that?"

Garn looks increasingly tense as he hears that, this was no good. One of them was a Bad Person, but which one?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"Wouldn't your aunt be cross if we ran along the corridor?" Brinika asks Cern.

"Grandpa Varit an' gradma Ligida are goblins an' grandma has real white hair," Tuskfang meanwhile babbles. "They live in a verrrry big house under a mountain."

"Only part of it is theirs, dear," Reelshka chimes in.

"There's tunnels an' caves an' lots of goblins. An' molerats. Grandma and grandpa have a molerat. It's cute. Mommy says that goblins live under mountains."

"Most of us do, yes."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #129

Default [A Talk]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cessie masks the initial shock, instead her expression turns grave as she stares back at Nadas. "Why would she do that?"

Garn looks increasingly tense as he hears that, this was no good. One of them was a Bad Person, but which one?
    Nadas shrugs.
    "Part of her crusade against demons. Demons like our mother. Of course she considers herself above suspicion."
    He rolls his eyes; Ilpohlin is a crazy person. He's the only sane drow in a whole family of crazy people.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #130

[A Talk]

"Your mother... I didn't realize she was a demon. Not that it should matter. The definition of 'demon' seems so loose that it's barely usable. So I want to know, why does Ilpholin think you're a demon, simply due to your mother?" Cessie asks.

11. - Top - End - #131

[Treasure Hunting]

"Wouldn't your aunt be cross if we ran along the corridor?" Brinika asks Cern.

"Grandpa Varit an' gradma Ligida are goblins an' grandma has real white hair," Tuskfang meanwhile babbles. "They live in a verrrry big house under a mountain."

"Only part of it is theirs, dear," Reelshka chimes in.

"There's tunnels an' caves an' lots of goblins. An' molerats. Grandma and grandpa have a molerat. It's cute. Mommy says that goblins live under mountains."

"Most of us do, yes."
    [Treasure Hunting]

"Yeah..." Cern relents. Though he does ask, "What's it hurt if I run though?" Provided he doesn't knock anything over. He's real careful. "I'm a good runner."

Both the boys' ears perk up when they hear Tuskfang describe his grandparent's house. "Under a mountain?"

"Isn't a mountain heavy?"
    "I wonder why it doesn't fall down..."
    "What's a molerat?" It certainly wasn't a very cute name.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #132

Default [A Talk]

"Right, right. The word originally meant spirit, or people vaguely like a spirit, and some places it came to connotate evil spirits and then just evil, and now it's hopelessly confused." Nadas agrees, nodding along.
    "I cannot explain what goes through her head. I suspect she considers anyone with even a tenuous connection to be hopelessly corrupted. She was saying that I hadn't made enough of an effort to be 'pure', and a lot of other nonsense besides. It's possible she was just saying that, that there's a real reason she's covering up. You wouldn't have heard anything else from her that might explain it?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-10-17 at 01:40 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"Are you? Maybe you can show us later, outside," Brinika suggests to encourage Cern. Then the attention is on Tuskfang, though.

"I dunno. Why doesn't it fall down, mommy?" the woblin asks. Reelshka smiles.

"Because there's enough rocks around the caves that the mountain doesn't fall down. Like the walls of a house support it."

"Okay mommy!" Tuskfang isn't sure he gets it, but he barrels on towards the next topic. "Molerats are big and pink and pudgy. They've got big teeth and tiny eyes! And they squeak funny!"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #134

[A Talk]

"Can't say I have, it was a while since I met her and we haven't made any contact since. She is holding out in Riverside, planning her anti-demon crusade for all I know. She was rather suspicious of Jezebel as well if I recall correctly."
    She pauses, considering. "I believe that she's in a rather bad place right now when I think about it. I know that she left with Darcy, but I don't think Darcy have returned. I think something might have happened to Darcy, and demons were to blame."

15. - Top - End - #135

Default [A Talk]

"That would explain rather a lot, wouldn't it?" Nadas admits. But he's still scowling.
    Whatever went on with who ever Darcy is, that's no excuse for going on a poorly-directed killing spree.
    "Enough about Ilpholin, if you don't mind. What sort of place are you in these days?" Metaphorically, of course. Normal people do this, probably, ask after their friends' welfare, and not simply go on and on about their troubles with murderous family members and magical mishaps. Nadas is pretty sure of that.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-10-19 at 11:53 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #136

[Treasure Hunting]

"Are you? Maybe you can show us later, outside," Brinika suggests to encourage Cern. Then the attention is on Tuskfang, though.

"I dunno. Why doesn't it fall down, mommy?" the woblin asks. Reelshka smiles.

"Because there's enough rocks around the caves that the mountain doesn't fall down. Like the walls of a house support it."

"Okay mommy!" Tuskfang isn't sure he gets it, but he barrels on towards the next topic. "Molerats are big and pink and pudgy. They've got big teeth and tiny eyes! And they squeak funny!"
    Gwydion thinks he understands, but despite being older Cernunnos is in about the same boat as Tuskfang. Still, Reelshka made it sound neat and smart.

"Molerats are babies?"

"That sounds just like babies!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Brinika giggles and Reelshka needs to stifle a laugh. That is... one conclusion to draw.

"Nooooo. They're not babies. They're, um..."

"Do you know what a mouse or rat looks like? Molerats are like that, but big and pink. They don't have any hair," his mother explains.

18. - Top - End - #138

Default Re: [A Talk]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "That would explain rather a lot, wouldn't it?" Nadas admits. But he's still scowling.
    Whatever went on with who ever Darcy is, that's no excuse for going on a poorly-directed killing spree.
    "Enough about Ilpholin, if you don't mind. What sort of place are you in these days?" Metaphorically, of course. Normal people do this, probably, ask after their friends' welfare, and not simply go on and on about their troubles with murderous family members and magical mishaps. Nadas is pretty sure of that.
    [A Talk]

Cessie falls silent for a moment, not sure what to think about the sudden topic shift. She wasn't used to discuss more personal matters with anyone but Sakura and perhaps Jezebel. But she supposed it wasn't exactly a private question, just a general one. "What sort of place? Well, things are fairly calm. The demon craze seems to have died down somewhat, despite your sisters claims. Sakura and Adir are still living here, along with all their children, so it's pretty much full house here every day. Thankfully, I have reserved my own space here so they're not bothering me." She explains. "Though frankly, I have mostly been researching demons lately." She waves her hand dismissively. "But that's VIGIL business."

19. - Top - End - #139

[Treasure Hunting]

Brinika giggles and Reelshka needs to stifle a laugh. That is... one conclusion to draw.

"Nooooo. They're not babies. They're, um..."

"Do you know what a mouse or rat looks like? Molerats are like that, but big and pink. They don't have any hair," his mother explains.
    "How big?" Cern asks, his eyes wide. No hair on them? Smooth? He imagines something very cute and soft.

"Do you have one?"

"Could we see one sometime?!"

"I wonder if dad would let us have one for a pet!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"Nooo. I dun have one," Tuskfang answers, looking at his mother with a pout. It's clearly been a point of contention in the family.

"I told you that we don't have time to take care of a pet, Tuskfang," Reelshka says, before Brinika interjects.

"My friend in Underside has a molerat," she says. "He's as big as as a dog."

"Could Cern and Geedon go there and see a molerat?" Tuskfang pipes up.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Some of the older Frescot kids are here visiting. They're all collected in a room with Garn overlooking them. Cessie and Sakura are chatting in another room, which means supervision is light. Especially when Jillian and Gwydion are bothering the gargoyle.

"I got your sword outside." Cora grins broadly. Laela knows what that means! The dragongirl watches Garn for a moment and then tries to grab Laela's hand. "Come on." They're sneaking out!

22. - Top - End - #142

Default [A Talk]

Cessie falls silent for a moment, not sure what to think about the sudden topic shift. She wasn't used to discuss more personal matters with anyone but Sakura and perhaps Jezebel. But she supposed it wasn't exactly a private question, just a general one. "What sort of place? Well, things are fairly calm. The demon craze seems to have died down somewhat, despite your sisters claims. Sakura and Adir are still living here, along with all their children, so it's pretty much full house here every day. Thankfully, I have reserved my own space here so they're not bothering me." She explains. "Though frankly, I have mostly been researching demons lately." She waves her hand dismissively. "But that's VIGIL business."
    What to think about it is "Nadas doesn't want to talk about that." and hopefully (to him) nothing more. He doesn't want Cessie siding with Ilpholin and setting those gargoyles after him.

"Did I know Sakura and Adir?" he muses. "It sounds as though you are still terribly busy, even with the end of the...demon craze? Was that a whole...thing? Even having just one child around can be exhausting."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Cessie's Lab!]

"...Yes, I think we could do something like that. There are some dress designs, even, that cut the bodice at the mid-torso rather than the waist which actually make it easier to defend an area typically plagued by the necessary trade-off between rigid defense and the need for flexibility." Riss said after a moment, tail flicking from side to side though just restrained enough to not hit anything. "Though, before I chase that idea too far, how much like a dress are we talking? Something maybe like a ballroom gown or.. Actually, do you have anything in your wardrobe that might fit the kind of dress you're thinking about?" the muse asked. Cessie might feel a strange flashback to when the muse had been dosed with Aether. She had that same kind of intense focus in her eyes as she was being given a puzzle that she was delightedly unpacking.

At least this time she probably won't see the need to blow off an arm for components. At least not that she had brought enough materials with her.
    [Cessie's Lab!]

"I was thinking the same thing, actually. There are armors that, in part, are similar to dresses where I'm from." Cessie explains. "I did actually have some ideas regarding the design, I wouldn't borrow from an already existing dress however. Instead I made a sketch, which admittedly is inspired by other things I wear."

The sorceress will show Riss some sketches that was laying around on a desk.
    [Cessie's Lab!]

Riss nodded with a hint of appreciation as she looked over the sketches. "This might end up a little heavier simply due to the amount of material but I think we can make that work for us. Defensively, actually, this is a common thing where layers of material can stand in for a single strong plate. Hell, it's possible to make servicable ablative armor out of paper with enough of it and it's not even too bulky to prevent movement.. Though it's not exactly good for more than a few strikes and it doesn't really do great with joints." she said.

"Speaking of material, that's been a bit up in the air until now. Do you have any preferences of what you'd like to emulate or would you simply prefer alloy and whatever is the most apt for the job in terms of defense? I hear steel dresses are in this year, after all."

((Holy crap I did a thing finally!))

24. - Top - End - #144

[Treasure Hunting]

"Yeah, could we?"
    Cern asks excitedly.

Gwydion looks at Tuskfang reassuringly. "Maybe if Mom an' Dad let us get one, you can come over and play with him." He looks at Brinika. She knows things. And she's seen them before, clearly. "What do they eat? Dog things?"

[Being Bad]

Laela's been waiting just for this. She thought Cora might never ask, it took so long. Laela returns the grin and squeezes Cora's hand as they bound toward the door, then out of sight.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Cora giggles with glee when they're out of the room and runs toward the back door. Once outside, she immediately grabs the pair of swords from nearby. Cora's sword being the finely crafted piece Harnetta made for her ages ago. Laela's sword is... a glorified stick. She hands it to Laela and then walks out into the grass. She points her sword at her foe. "Ready?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"If your parents agree, I'm sure Brinika and Tuskfang's cousins and friends would love to meet you," Reelshka says. This could be a nice way for the kids to spend an afternoon...

"They mostly eat bugs," Brinika meanwhile says. "Like smaller moles."

27. - Top - End - #147

[Treasure Hunting]

"Eat bugs?" Cern looks dismayed by something so icky. He hates bugs!

"Moles are bugs?" Gwydion asks, thinking that's wrong but not daring to correct the kindly Brinika. He opts for inquisitive instead. At least he looks mildly less silly.

[Being Bad]

"Ready!" Laela squeaks back, but she wrinkles up her nose at Cora's sword. "How come you haven't gotten me a nice sword like that?" Her mom is so rich after all. And she said she got it as a gift, even. Dad is always saying they can't buy everything she wants, but it always seemed like Cora had nicer things. "My sword is gonna break!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

"No it's not. You used it lots already and it's fine." Cora points out. It's a very sturdy stick. "I can't get you a sword like mine. Mine's special, because I'm a sword girl." A sword girl has to have a great sword.

"Come on, let's fight!" Cora steps toward Laela with her sword raised.

29. - Top - End - #149

[Being Bad]

Laela wants to complain and pout some more, but she wants to play more than that. For a princess like she's supposed to be, she doesn't have nearly enough special and nice things!

"Okay, okay!" She does smile a little again as she steps in to the proverbial ring. Likely some hearty thwacking commences. They always end up battering eachothers hands a bit, but it's too fun to let that worry her.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

"Hiya!" Cora clangs her sword against Laela's as they swing back and forth. She gets a bit more careless as they get more into it, her energy and enthusiasm getting a bit away from her.