New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Being Bad]

Cora is just turning around after snatching the bandaids when she spots Laela. Oh no, that's more blood than before. "Garn! Help Laela!" This is too much for the girl. She's panicking now.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Without a word Garn will take the band aids from Cora and with one hand attempt to gently but firmly grapple Laela with one of his huge hands. "Stand still now, Laela." He grumbles, if she then obeys he will start cleaning the wound with a dab wet with warm water. Once that is done, he will actually apply the band-aid. He has done this many times before, kids do tend to get injured after all, especially Cora and Laela with all their shenanigans.

"How did this happen?" He asks as he is taking care of the wound.

They can hear the footsteps of what must be from an adult nearby now...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-12 at 09:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cessie's Lab!]

"What would this alloy consist of exactly? I would like to know a bit more about the materials used if I'm to wear it. I could contribute some adamatine, if you know what it is." Cessie replies as Riss is looking over the sketches.
    [Cessie's Lab!]

"Adamantine?" Riss asked, although it was more of a statement. "I've heard of the stuff but it's either been too difficult to really get hold of or obscenely expensive.. Not to mention that it's got more than a few properties that it may or may not have given that I've had one hell of a time trying to parse second hand reports and at this point I'm certain that it's about ten different metals with the same name because people didn't bother to differentiate between minerals of initially similar properties." Which was something that was highly annoying when trying to do research.

"As for what I was thinking to use initially... It's.. Well I can give you the long description that might take about twenty minutes to explain or the short description with the buzzwords of 'weave made of titanium with carbon nanostructures'? It's non-toxic and light where it counts although I can only do so much with a passive system when it comes to heavy impacts... But 'so much' is certainly more than you'd get from any regular suit of armor and that's the material alone. I know a few ways to enhance it further." she said although she wasn't vocalizing if she meant that was going to be due to construction or enchantment... Although, knowing the muse, she probably meant both. "Still, if you have actual adamantine, then I'd like a moment to work with it at least." she said, betraying her interest only slightly.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2017-12-15 at 09:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Halfling in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Laela fidgets, but remains still enough to work on. She can be cleaned somewhat... but the cut continues to well up, and the band-aid certainly isn't cutting it. It's not big enough.

Laela makes a whimper-y sound and decides, "Uhm. I fell down and hit my face." Not her best lie, but it just sounds so pitiful that it comes out believably.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Cora just stands there, looking some combination of guilty, scared, and all around shaken.

6. - Top - End - #186

[Being Bad]

Hm.

Garn picks out some bandages instead and starts wrapping it around Leala's head...

Just as Cessie opens the door. "Laela." She exclaims in shock, kneeling before the girl. "Are you alright?" She sounds highly concerned, and one look at Cora tells her exactly who is responsible. Which is exactly why she's looking at her daughter while asking her next question. "What happened?"

[Cessie's Lab!]

"Admantine does not exist in my world, so I'm afraid I don't really know how to differentiate the version I owe from others. It was my husbands you see, he's the expert on it. Not I. But I supply you with as much adamatine you need, and you may analyze the material as much as you like. I simply haven't had the time with my other projects so it would be very helpful to me." Might have to ask Halia the player about the peculiar's though. "So I say we'll start right away, as long as I will be able to closely monitor the process." She smiles. "Just don't expect me to understand everything right away."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"More Clues!" Tuskfang exclaims. "Whassit mean, mom?"

"I think it shows us where we need to go," Reelshka says, frowning a little. The fireplace? That seems unwise. "Let me take a look first, boys."

She goes to find a fireplace in the room.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #188

[Treasure Hunting]

There is a great wide fireplace set in the wall, but it seems to exude no heat. Instead, a steady supply of colorful and sparkling smoke. Purple and orange in hue.

[Being Bad]

Laela squirms as she starts to be wrapped up like a mummy. "No!" She shrieks a bit. "You'll break my hairrr!" Which isn't the only problem. The pressure also hurts.

She freezes as Cessie appears. It doesn't seem as though she's the one being asked a question, but she answers for Cora anyways. "I fell down." More confident this time.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Cora totally withers under Cessie's gaze. "It was by accident!" She suddenly starts to blubber and runs forward to clutch at mommy's dress. She never wanted any of this to happen. They were just playing.

10. - Top - End - #190

[Being Bad]

"I'm sure it was, Cora."
    Cessie says firmly. "So why don't the both of you tell me what really happened?" She looks between the two trouble makers. "I'm not going to be upset, I just need to know." Shen the turns to Garn. "Garn, get Sakura. Tell her that Laela hurt her head."

The gargoyle nods and then moves to get Sakura. She can arrive in the next post if her player wants to.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka carefully puts her hand closer and closer to the fireplace. She's not going to have her son and his friends go near a fire unless she's sure it's harmless. Tuskfang can't quite contain his excitement, though, so he's hovering behind his mum.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #192

[Cessie's Lab!]

"Then if you do not mind.. Would you maybe be able to direct me to a few samples so that I might be able to figure something out? Since we're in the planning stage still, it's not too late to change the material, after all. Plus-" she said, nodding with all three forms over to the roughly human-sized device laying on the ground. "I've got just the right tools for the job to look it over. Might take a little bit for a full analysis but forging and processing shouldn't be an issue." she said with a casual wave though this time only with the form that was speaking with the sorceress.

There was a moment of silence before she then added: "Oh, yes, and that would be a fine chance for me to pick up that stick I left just outside the grounds here. Should've been more than long enough to work as a fine capacitor for me." she added. There was an experiment she wanted to run with that as well... But at any rate, it seems like the muse was expecting Cessie to lead the way to whatever stores of mythical metal she had... Or at least her previous husband's store in this particular case.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Being Bad]

Cora totally withers under Cessie's gaze. "It was by accident!" She suddenly starts to blubber and runs forward to clutch at mommy's dress. She never wanted any of this to happen. They were just playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Being Bad]

"I'm sure it was, Cora."
    Cessie says firmly. "So why don't the both of you tell me what really happened?" She looks between the two trouble makers. "I'm not going to be upset, I just need to know." Shen the turns to Garn. "Garn, get Sakura. Tell her that Laela hurt her head."

The gargoyle nods and then moves to get Sakura. She can arrive in the next post if her player wants to.
    Laela just looks distraught that Cora gave her lie away. She glances between mother and daughter, too dizzy and too uncertain of what to say. "Um, um... we were... p-playing swords..."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka carefully puts her hand closer and closer to the fireplace. She's not going to have her son and his friends go near a fire unless she's sure it's harmless. Tuskfang can't quite contain his excitement, though, so he's hovering behind his mum.
    Her fingers pass harmlessly through the smoke, and into a heatless light beyond. She'll sense no danger, only a faint breeze from the other side, and the sounds of running water...

Cern and Gwydion also practically bounce in place, right behind Tuskfang.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Sakura rushes into the room not a moment later. "What happened?" She immediately drops down to Laela's level. There's so much blood, but Laela otherwise doesn't seem in too bad of shape. "We should take her to a doctor right away." Better safe than sorry if she has a gash in her head.

15. - Top - End - #195

[Cessie's Lab!]

"Of course, take any samples you need, Riss." Cessie replies as she gets up and opens up the door to her lab indicating for Riss to follow her. "But yes, you may also take the stick. Though lets do that once you've looked at the adamtine, alright? One thing at the time." She then leads her down to the main floor and goes out the door to the forge, which she unlocks. "You should know that there was a theft here not long ago. Someone got away with quite a few bars of adamtine a while ago so there is a bit less for you to take" She explains while she leads her down to the basement of the forge which is filled a number of chests that are filled with admatine.

[Being Bad]

"They were playing with swords apparently, unsupervised." Cessie says, keeping her tone as neutral as she possibly can in this situation. She really hoped Cora and Laela would learn something out of this. She couldn't help but to worry though. She nods in agreement with Sakura. "Yes, let's." She nods at Sakura. "And you're coming with Leala, alright Cora?"

16. - Top - End - #196

[Being Bad]

Laela is still just a little girl. She falls against her mother with an instinctive little cry of 'mommy'. She peers around between Sakura and Cessie, eyes wide and wet. Oh no. She was going to get taken care of now, but she knew once that was over there'd be only scolding after. Oh well. Maybe she'd get something nice at the doctor's. And her head would stop hurting so much.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #197

[Cessie's Lab!]

"Right. Just putting it on the list so we don't forget." Rather, it was more an expression of intent by the Muse as 'forgetting' was something that had grown to almost be an alien concept at this point but she still used the terminology to keep people from feeling uncomfortable.

She did that for a lot of things, really.

In any case, the muse followed; remarking on the theft with: "Oh, that sounds.. Well, 'awful' is the generic brand of phrase in this situation but I can only imagine how that feels." Violation of security like that would certainly put her on a razor's edge for weeks on end at the very least. "Your family is fine, right?" she said, shocking even herself with the note of genuine empathy. Then again, it only made sense. She'd have been nearly crippled in anxiety if Misha or Mimi were to be harmed in the middle of a burglary or something similar.

Still, she quietly remarked on how kind it was of the sorceress to share a resource that was clearly valuable like this. Cessie didn't seem like the warmest person-Like I'm one to talk-but the muse was certainly feeling a bit more respect for her now.

Of course, then came the moment when a chest was opened and Riss was able to grab an 'ingot' or two for examination... For a moment she wore a puzzled expression before a stifled giggle grew into a proper cackle. "Haha! I mean, ingots can kinda-Hehehe.. Oh wow. Can I keep a few of these as is? I have to show these to my companions." she managed while calming herself back down from the sudden surprise. Perhaps Cessie had either forgotten or simply never looked into it but Harnel's/Harnetta's stash of Adamantine had the distinct quality of being in ingots cast in the shape of breasts ((Or at least they were still so as confirmed by her player when I asked about their properties.)).

At the very least, Riss had found this to be highly amusing though she would be back to her more composed self soon enough and would be ready to move on to a proper analysis as if this were perfectly normal after a few minutes.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Cora nods her head. "Yes mommy." She'd just about agree to whatever her mom said right now.

Sakura looks between the two little girls. There'd be time to worry about that later. "Let's go then." She doesn't want to waste any time.

Continued.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-12-22 at 05:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Estate, Front Door]

There’s a knock on the door. Three slow, timid knocks. If there is a doorbell, it is only rung after the knocking.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Artie has to wait a couple minutes. She might even think about knocking again, but then she hears some sign of activity behind the door. There's some kind of tapping, near the base of the door. "Sweetie, you're in mommy's way. Can you- Oh, alright."

A moment later and the door swings open. There stands Sakura! She's dressed up in a cozy looking blue cotton dress. In her arms is not one, but two babies. Little Lucy and her cascade of flowery hair looks curiously at the visitor. She's clutching onto one of her toy race cars. In her other arm is even littler Cassie.

"Oh, um, hello? Can I help you?" The dryad greets with a friendly smile, if a surprised one.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Standing on Sakura’s porch is a centauress, somewhat tall for horse and woman, standing nervously before the door. Her skin is pale as ivory but every hair on her is a striking blue. Strapped to her side is a little saddlebag that was possibly a woman’s purse before it was renovated slightly. A gift from an in-law. Hugging her overly curvaceous form is a fancy white kimono with pink trees on it. Her long equine ears and tail twitch and her hands don’t seem to know where to go.

Azren said she was a dryad but she didn’t say she was pink! It’s like showing up with a shirt with someone’s face on it! What if she thinks it’s a mean joke or that I’m a huge-
    ”Hi, um, Sakura? I’m Artie. I’m uh, Azren’s ma- I’m your sister-in-law.” she stammers out.

Of course the first thing that Sakura will probably notice, more than anything else, is that Artie is several months pregnant, getting larger with the twins that Artie hasnt had confirmed but strongly suspects.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

This little excursion has certainly gone to interesting places. Reelshka isn't sure about sticking her head down there, but she'd rather Tuskfang didn't do it...

"Let me do it, aunt Reelshka!"

...well, that solves the problem. Brinika takes Reelshka's place by the fireplace and sticks her head inside.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh my goodness!" Sakura steps back, hooking her finger on the door despite being burdened by two kids. "Come in come in!" It's a good thing the door is so large. "This is so exciting. I've barely met Adir's family, you know. Never any personal visits, I mean."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Estate]

Artie smiles and wanders in, her ears returning to an upright, cheery postition.
    ”It’s alright. I’ve only met his mother once and his brothers stopped by once and made a mess of the place. He told me your address in case I have had trouble or wanted to visit.” she tells Sakura, smiling at the children.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Estate]

"Come right in." Sakura leads the way down the hall and into the kitchen on the other side of the house. "Adir's not here right now, though. He's taken some of the kids out into the woods for a bit. I'm just here with the youngest."

"Um, sorry, I don't really have accommodations for someone your shape." Sakura says apologetically as she leans back against the island. "Oh, where are my manners? This is Cassandra, and this is Lucy." She hefts one baby and then the other. "Why don't you say hi, Lucy. She's your auntie, just like auntie Cessie."

Lucy looks Artie over again, sliding her car's wheels over her hand. "Hi." She says at last. Meanwhile Cassie seems more concerned with trying to squirm out of her mother's arms than to pay Artie any mind.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Estate]

Artie seems a bit awkward.
    "Oh, it's alright. Normally I can change shape into something a little smaller but with the passengers I'm afraid I'm stuck at a minimum size.

Hello, Cassie, hello Lucy. It's a shame I don't have a saddle or I could have given you a ride."
    she coos to the kids. Centaurs don't take riding well except for close comrades or loved ones, and saddles are normally out of the question. But these are kids we're talking about.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Estate]

"Why are you like a horsey?" Lucy asks, with a complete lack of restraint.

"Lucy, lots of people look different you know. Just like Cassie has furry legs, right?" Sakura says. Cassie's little hooved legs make a perfect example right now.

"Congratulations, by the way." Sakura adds with genuine delight. "How far along are you?"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Frescot Estate

Artie laughs.
    ”I’m this way because both of my parents are, and it’s how I prefer to look, little Lucy.
    she looks up at Sakura.
    ”Six months. But my people normally take much longer than humans do.” she admits. Frankly being so magical she wouldn’t be surprised if at any given moment she simply swelled up and advanced a few months. She doesn’t know how anything works anymore.

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Cessie's Lab!]

"Right. Just putting it on the list so we don't forget." Rather, it was more an expression of intent by the Muse as 'forgetting' was something that had grown to almost be an alien concept at this point but she still used the terminology to keep people from feeling uncomfortable.

She did that for a lot of things, really.

In any case, the muse followed; remarking on the theft with: "Oh, that sounds.. Well, 'awful' is the generic brand of phrase in this situation but I can only imagine how that feels." Violation of security like that would certainly put her on a razor's edge for weeks on end at the very least. "Your family is fine, right?" she said, shocking even herself with the note of genuine empathy. Then again, it only made sense. She'd have been nearly crippled in anxiety if Misha or Mimi were to be harmed in the middle of a burglary or something similar.

Still, she quietly remarked on how kind it was of the sorceress to share a resource that was clearly valuable like this. Cessie didn't seem like the warmest person-Like I'm one to talk-but the muse was certainly feeling a bit more respect for her now.

Of course, then came the moment when a chest was opened and Riss was able to grab an 'ingot' or two for examination... For a moment she wore a puzzled expression before a stifled giggle grew into a proper cackle. "Haha! I mean, ingots can kinda-Hehehe.. Oh wow. Can I keep a few of these as is? I have to show these to my companions." she managed while calming herself back down from the sudden surprise. Perhaps Cessie had either forgotten or simply never looked into it but Harnel's/Harnetta's stash of Adamantine had the distinct quality of being in ingots cast in the shape of breasts ((Or at least they were still so as confirmed by her player when I asked about their properties.)).

At the very least, Riss had found this to be highly amusing though she would be back to her more composed self soon enough and would be ready to move on to a proper analysis as if this were perfectly normal after a few minutes.
    [Cessie's Lab!]

Cessie had hoped that Riss wouldn't react like this, like she would be able to play it off like it was nothing. But apparently she hadn't removed her sense of humor along with her forgetfulness. "My last husband got these from a 'playful' entity called Libra. She considered it funny." She claims, trying to ignore Riss laughter. She had certainly not been as amused when she had seen these things yet she could never make enough time to actually melt them down. The fact that they appeared to be copies of, well, her own body parts didn't make things easier.
    "And I prefer to have these private, they're from a time I rather not remember." The things she had done for Harnel back then... ugh.
    She waves her hand dismissively. "Maybe we can discuss it later."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Estate]

"Oh, I see. Well that's so exciting. We're definitely going to have to talk about play dates when they arrive." Sakura grins.

Sakura decides that her back has enough strain right now and lowers Lucy back to the ground. The little girl immediately sets her car in the floor and races it toward Artie. "Vroom vroom!" She crawls past Artie, and then circles around her.