New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: The Baba Yaga

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default The Baba Yaga

What do you think of when you think Boogieman?
    Well, in an attempt to make it possible for a slasher flick style game over the summer here is a PrC for the NPC
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

TO utilize it to the most, make the PC's use a typically weak class (such as commoner )
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: The Baba Yaga

Delightfully creepy! For balance purposes I'd put a limit on the Master of Death (e.g. if you die twice within 2 months it's permanent); then again, you intend it as an NPC prestige class so maybe that's not important. Is this based on something, or entirely your own creation?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Delightfully creepy! For balance purposes I'd put a limit on the Master of Death (e.g. if you die twice within 2 months it's permanent); then again, you intend it as an NPC prestige class so maybe that's not important. Is this based on something, or entirely your own creation?
    Good point there, will edit it

Actually, I've watched like 3 slashers and that was years ago... so I thought of it in DND, players playing as fighters or something low powered like that, and this was born. so all in all I would say it was all mine.

edit: changed it up, following your advice and adding a tad.
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-08-11 at 12:50 PM.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was almost expecting this prestige class to be a reference to this Baba Yaga.

Now if you were to drop John Wick into a slasher movie it would make most sense to bring him on as a cousin of the intended/canon "final girl", there to protect her along with her friends. This would make the most sense for a more mundane/less supernatural psycho killer, or killers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

biggrin Re: The Baba Yaga

Actually that is where the name came from XD

Extended Signature