New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Evil Overload List

I shall follow the example of the dreaming dark and make great use of mind seed, programed amniesia and similar spells.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

My guide to a Winning Villain:

Rule 1 (or; Anything, you can do, I can do better.):
    If there is a super-powerful thing (Feat, Spell, Prestige class) they take, take it too.

Me:
    A. Play a Gestalt Wizard//Barbarian.
    B. Become a Lich (duh!).
    C. Cast Alter Self to appear as a noble paladin you killed.
    D. Publicly announce retirement from whatever court the noble was in.

Fortress:
    E. Aquire several Standard Castles of Doom (SCDs).
    F. Cast a Permanency'd Magnificent Mansion (preferably at a high caster level), the entrance to which is in the local rubbish dump, to use as a house and vault (the MMM, not the dump).
    G. Place the SCDs in obvious locations.
    H. Frequently visit the town from home, to learn gossip.

Plan:
    I. Mull it over for a couple years, to think of all possible problems. Write it down, in detail, and do not use an obviously evil event.

Treasures:
    J. Put only fake, yet seemingly amazing, treasures in the SCDs.
    K. Keep all valuables at home, cast another house if you need to (put the entrance inside your own).
    L. Create your Phylacetry as a rusty fork, Magic Aura it, and hide it under the hidden panel in your dining room table.

Subordinates:
    M. Put the strong monsters at the fricking front of the SCDs.
    N. Put monsters with paralysis (such as Gorgons) or death effects (such as Balors) inside easily unlockable treasure chests, gaurded by kobolds. This is a winner.
    O. Tell all minions to swarm spellcasters.
    P. Create multiple mirrors of the same invading party. Seperate the party members and set the mirrors on them.
    Q. In your guise as a paladin, "battle" powerful cliche BBEG material monsters, in reality Dominating them and using them as end villains in the SCDs.

If all else fails:
    R. Time Stop. Dominate warriors and healers. Greater Teleport.
    S. Have warriors turn and kill other party members in the middle of a battle, while healers refuse to heal.
    T. Have dominated party members kill themselves.

If even that fails:
    U. Time Stop. Wail of the Banshee. Power Word Kill. Coup de Grace. Be creative.

If even that fails (Part II):
    V. Reread the guide.
    W. And try not to suck so hard next time.
    Last edited by Lavidor; 2007-08-14 at 12:47 PM. Reason: rephrasing
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

heros shall have chains of disguntion and crippling shacles on them if captured
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Here's one:
    I will build my stronghold in the middle of a lawful city and make sure the city has a law on search warrant. That way when the PC's come and raid my stronghold, I can pull a bunch of legal crap and get all the town guards on my side.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by robotrobot2 View Post
    Here's one:
    I will build my stronghold in the middle of a lawful city and make sure the city has a law on search warrant. That way when the PC's come and raid my stronghold, I can pull a bunch of legal crap and get all the town guards on my side.
    My minions will only attack intruders once they crossed my properly posted No Trespassing zone.

Any intruders killed outside that zone shall be dragged into the zone.

Dead intruders will be equipped with iron knives created using a combination of wall of iron and fabricate spells.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Even if I am lawful (I almost certainly wouldn't be!) I will frequently employ discordian tactics. My puzzles will alternate between expected and completely arbitrary solutions. That way when the heroes come to their 'solution' they don't know if this is the thing they should do or not.

I will send minions (preferably mindless) to keep waking the heroes up when they go to sleep. They would be completely harmless but extremely annoying.

I will put a certain symbol of my own devising everywhere. The heroes would go nuts trying to figure out the meaning of it when there is none.

I will make my minions wear pink. This is not to make them seem less harmless. It's to really unnerve the heroes. Fuzzy animal ears, and standard issue teddy bears are also acceptable. Especially if also combined with traditional mean looking monster equipment The line between creepy and absolutely terrifying is both pink and fuzzy people.

The heroes will be unable to properly prepare for situations, and will never be able to tell if things are as they seem.

Mostly though it's just fun. Maybe you can qualify for a special prestige class too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

My entire fortress will be guarded by barriers only passable by answering riddles. There will also be many, many traps of ray of stupidty so they cannot puzzle out the riddle. However if that fails I will have a emergany exit door with a wail of the bansee trap on I will apear to exit through said door while really teleporting.