New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Post Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

Where Redtongue and Goldenleaf can get acquainted and plan their characters in peace.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

Good thinking

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Good thinking
    Also now that we have you here any general information you want to give us or should I repost what I asked you from PMs?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Uuuuhm, aside from the fact that I want to change the sheet, the fluff there is wrong. The actual fluff is:

Kal has always been bullied for his being mutant, both from non-mutants and from mutants because of his object-like aspect (he's lesser person than thing), which led to his wish to travel. That's why he always carries I cape, to hide his body.

He's a scoundrel and a bit of a ladies' man, who enjoyes provoking mayhem and having fun, using his spell abilities too.

Regarding the mutations, I'll take away elemental and negaton, and switch undead to outsider, to be more magicky. (Which could be a reason to mistrust, everyone knows how dangerous magic is)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Then you are in good company I am magical to the tee. We can be spell bros! Once you have your sheet rearranged let us know I am putting the final touches on mine and then will start on the background. We can see what brought us here. Maybe you are like my bodyguard? Because Gildoron is not the fighting/mayham type. He is far more likely to try to avoid fights or runaway. Unless he has someone stepping to the plate then he is likely to stick it out and support them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I like how you both are aiming for a bit o magic. That works.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Cool, it works even because I'm stacking as many hps and AC I can. What spells are you going for? And skills? I took many face-related skills, but I'm OK with bluff and Intimidate alone with Sense motive (dumping Diplomacy and Gather information). That way I could take Acrobatics and Climb (from when you have to rum away. Police e.e)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Playing a Cha based Bard.
    My social skills are looking like:
    • Bluff +15
    • Diplomacy +16
    • Gather Info +17
    • Intimidate +12

I have almost no ranks in any of the physical skills or the sneak skills, I took 1 rank in the Diable Device and Open locks just so I could use them in a pinch but don't even have tools for them. I have max ranks in Spot, and Listen and a Decent Search, I have a pretty good Disguise (+15) and a Cantrip that grants a +2 Circumstance bonus for my "sneaking" / bluffing have the Charm Mutation with a DC 16 WIL save for "emergencies". Most of my spells are for buffing or helping others, Persistent blade to help sneak attackers, enlarge person for graplers and reach fighters, blood wind for the natural weapon heavy beasts, and Inspire Courage and Dragon Fire Inspiration. With 2 feats (Heart Song and Force & Verve) taken to bolster it. I will mostly be the buffer and support Bard. I also have a Mutation that grants a +1 Alchemical Bonus to Hit, Damage and Save for 3 hours as well as Healing to whoever eats a leaf that I grow so that stacks with the morale bonus from the Bard Songs.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Which means that I'll take physical abilities, with a bit of social. I'll have to take anothere evolve skill when I can, uh?

With spell-like abilities I'll be taking spells that buff me up either in skills or in physical abilities, together with damaging ones.

Not yet sure if taking spell weaver or not, really. I'd hate to lose out on terratomorphism, but casting multiple spells per round would be much useful.

And for the other mutations I'll go natural armor, hp, force shield, plating/outsider armor and probably outsider weapon.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding PrCs:

Is it me or the anomaly has the chimerism IN ADDITION to his normal mutations? That means that at max level it has his level worth of additional mutations? With the capstone doubling said bonus mutation?

Really, if I were to take the spell weaver prc I'd require 40 arms. The. Hell.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah when I saw Spellweaver I was like you need four or more arms to enter the class! There was something I didn't understand about it's entry requirements other than that, it looks like you can't enter it until you have SLAs with CL 5 you cannot do that via Evolutionist class until Mutator Level 11 unless there is some-way to boost your Mutator Level that won't happen until Level 11 which means you will have already received an Ascendency and your fourth Tetramorphism.

So unless you are going into Epic levels you enter Spellweaver at the earliest level 12 which means you can only complete it up to 8th level you won't reach the Capstone or the Eldrich Ascendency. I am not sure if this was intonational to meet the Skill requirements you only need 11 ranks which means that you could enter as soon as 9th, Extra arms you can gain at ML 4 and four SLAs are not hard to gain, especially if you get some through other routes.

Edit: Maybe it means SLAs that have a combined caster level of 5? So like 3 level 1s and a level 2 or five level ones or two level 2s and a level 1? Really having trouble seeing how the class seems like a 10 level class that cannot be entered before level 12 instead of making it 5 or 8 levels?
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-14 at 05:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Everything is mostly ready just a few fine tuning of the BG and waiting to work out shared Backstory with Kal

Spoiler: Sheet
    Show

Male Chaotic Good Magic-Blooded Silverbrow Human Evolutionist 3 || Bard 3
    Level 3, Init 4, HP 33/33 DR -, Speed 40'
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15
    Fort 6 Ref 7, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus +2
    Club +4 (1d6+2)
    Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+2)
    Bramble Bark Armour (Armour +3, +2 Natural Armour, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 17, Con 18, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 21
    Skills 50+ See Linked Sheet

Description

Gildoron’s skin is a deep green in colour, his body is covered in a supple yet strong layer much like the bark of a young sapling, in addition to this are stiff almost plate like leaves of varied hues most on his torso are golden, yellow or orange while those around his hands and forearms are brown and more leathery, on his head is a wreath of golden leaves that catch and reflect light and seem to produce a musical tinkling sound as they move or the wind passes through them, on his face and back he has leaves of a deep almost black green and near his waist and legs red coloured foliage entwines his body. His eyes are a bright golden-orange and his face has the typically elven angularity and an otherworldly youthful beauty found mostly only in paintings and poems. On his back is a club of living wood and he wears an ancient and expertly crafted suit of the unique live armour of his people -- bramble bark, which is designed in such a way as to be nearly indistinguishable from his natural body.

Backstory

Spoiler
    Show

Gildoron is the child of a Dryad and an Elf, born in the Wildlands 17 years ago his was mostly a life of peace. This all changed when he reached his ninth year. A scouting party from the Clemant Empire had been discovered in the Wildlands, it was decided that because Gildoron was young and his Fey heritage made him look much younger and innocent he would be used to gain the group's trust and lure them into a trap, where they might be caught completely unaware without any real risk to the wildlings. So he did his part convincing the party that he, an innocent young child, knew a secret and safe place they could rest and make camp. That night every man and woman in the expedition were killed -- an event that haunts him to this day.

As he grew older he became more “of the world” as his mother used to say, a phrase used by many fey to mean “non-fey” or foreign, strange -- and true enough his outlook changed. He started to view the outlook of his mother and many of the other fey to be cold and capricious, selfish and at times even cruel. They had a child-like simplicity to them an innocence, yes, but at the same time their simple black and white outlook, an almost sadistic simplicity of action similar to what a child might display – not because they were evil but only because they saw the world in simple extremes.

By the time he was 13 he started to spend more time outside of the grove, and going on trips with his uncles, aunts and cousins from his father’s family, that is also when he discovered his love of Levi vehicles getting his own Levi when he was 15 he became one of the runners making trips outside the Wildlands to drop off goods or people, pick up supplies or run packages and messages. When he was 16 he started work on his own Levi The Ebon Dragon it took him a year but he finally finished it. That was only around four months ago.

Spoiler: 10-Minute Background
    Show

Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character.
    • He’s most concerned with protecting the ‘Wildlings’ of the Wildlands, especially one of the last old forests in those ‘free’ lands which contains his mother’s tree sustains the community of elves from which his father is descended.
    • Due to being half Dryad and the development of his ‘unique’ abilities Gildoron does not need to eat, only drink. He is loath to harm any animal or plant without need and his lifestyle has led him to forgo the eating of meat or the harming of plants and trees. While he doesn’t force his lifestyle on others he tries as much as he can to minimize the damage to the natural world of those he is with.
    • He love levs and is a bit of a ‘lev-head’ he works on and maintains his own Lev, which he calls the Ebon Dragon. He has his own tools for her maintenance and can often be found singing to himself as he tinkers with her. He is interested in other aspects of magi-tech, like constructs, Warforged and the marriage of the magical with the technological – which some may find odd considering his background.
    • He is very much non-confrontational and will, whenever able, try to avoid any fight. However when or if fighting should ensue he will not abandon his companions and would even risk his own life to safeguard their well being.
    • He is a skilled performer and enjoys singing, poetry, and instrumentation as well as acting and even a bit of comedy – being equally comfortable with the brusque humour and slapstick of satyrs and the agile word play of the elves. However all who have heard him will agree that he has an ethereal otherworldly quality to his songs which make them exceptionally powerful even when unaccompanied by one of the many instruments in which he is skilled.
    • The livewood club he carries has grown from a small little seed he was born holding and he has kept it with him his entire life it is the same shades of green as his skin and the two seem to be growing and maturing at much the same rate.

Step 2: List at least two goals for the character.
    • To see that the Wildlands and those many mutants living there are safe and secure in perpetuity.
    • To eventually travel across all of the known lands on the Ebon Dragon, the wind in his leaves and the sun on his back.

Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
    • (Known) As a boy he was part of a plan to do away with a party of scouts from the Empire, he led them to a place, under the promise of peace and protection, where they thought they would be safe to set up a base of operations but where all were killed in the well planed trap. It was this very violent act of treachery and brutality which he witnessed at a young age that has left him with a strong aversion to violence and fighting.
    • (Unknown) His elven father is really half-human and half-silver dragon who has been posing as an elf to hide is long lifespan.

Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
    • Shajila his mother, a Dryad she is around 160 years old the ancient livewood tree she is bound to shows no signs of dying any time soon, that is as long as the grove it is in remains safe and secure. In the last five years or so Gildoron and his mother have become a bit estranged, she views her son as too concerned with the affairs of humans and mutants and life outside their wood. While he sees his mother and many of his aunts as being cold and selfish and ignoring the suffering of others outside their isolated little world in the wood.
    • Kal Redtongue Text on Kal here
    • Malagar A "Harvester" who Gildoron helped to have arrested, as far as he knows he is still in some dungeon in the City of Light -- or so he hopes. The ranger swore revenge on Gildoron for his part in having him imprisoned.

Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has.
    • (Memory) Seeing the blood of the humans that were killed in the grove swallowed by the moist earth and staining patches of turf, stone, root and lichen black.
    • (Mannerism) Humming tunes of songbirds, sprites or elves under his breath as he performs tasks.
    • (Quirk) Talking about levs, sometimes when its not the most appropriate time.

Spoiler: The Ebon Dragon
    Show

The Ebon Dragon
    Ride with style & grace...
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-15 at 02:20 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

My crunch is done and it looks like Kal is pretty much don as well. I think we are both just ironing out the background and "fluff" aspects of our characters mine is more or less done you can get a string idea of the character form what is there in the sheet above. Please let us know if there is anything you are look for/towards or need changed or any suggestions.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, something happened today and I wasn't really into doing something, otherwise I'd have done the fluff too, sorry.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

So I think I am done. Go ahead and look things over. Also once Kal's BG is up we can look to combining our backstory to see why we are together and what our history is. Seems like we would get along well though, two sociable guys who have an innate talent for the arcane.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Finished the character, will be working on the fancy sheet now, sorry for the wait. Also, I saw now the answer on the spellweaver xD I'll answer to you after I've done the sheet.

We can start working on Red&Gold pokemon editions power rangers shared bg

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Heads up! The party has made it to the main city gate. You two are inside already. Might want to get it together ;)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Sheet
    Show

Male Chaotic Neutral Human Evolutionist 3 || Gravesoul warrior 3
    Level 3, Init 4, HP 45/45 DR -, Speed 30'
    AC 22, Touch 15, Flat-footed 19
    Fort 10 Ref 6, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus +3
    Long spear +7 (1d8+2)
    Dagger +7 (1d4+2)
    Metallic skin (+2 shield, +3 Dex, +7 natural armour)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 17
    Skills Bluff +12, Disguise +12, Hide +10, Intimidate +15, Listen +7, Ride (Levi) +10, Sense motive +7, Sleight of hand +10, Tumble +10

Description

He's got red eyes. And that's the end of his unnatural features, for as long as you don't look at his body, which he keeps covered in a red cape. Looking under it you'll see that he's whole body is covered in metallic skin, with various kinds of dormant apparutus that wait to be awaken.

Not only that, he has even arcane mutations that let him draw from his inner soul various spells, which make his eyes shine with various colors

Backstory

Spoiler
    Show

Kal was. actually born from human non mutant parents, and initially nothing seemed out of order, aside from his red eyes. It was when metal started grewing on his body that people started wondering what exactly was he. Since even his parents would look at him with fear for what he might be Kal when he could he escaped to the wildlands, all by himself. Where mutants were accepted. Teorically. The truth is, for as long as you don't look like a robogolem everyone accepts you, but when even mutants start thinking that you are not a person... it didn't help that he started developing magical abilities, who scared everyone. At the age of 18 he decided to reach the Empire, where everyone is treated equally BAD and he won't feel so much of an outcast (well, aside from the fact that he's a little crazy)

Spoiler: 10-Minute Background
    Show

Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character.
    • He’s sarcastic and playful in ANY situation, appearing potentially as insensitive.
    • He's a ladies man, or at least tries to be, often with comical results.
    • He's very sensible to the matter of how mutants are treated, at least when it regards him
    • He's eager to show off, never turns down a fight or a drink or a game, and doesn't like being told what to do, thought he may comply if he doesn't feel forced too much
    • He's somewhat of a loner in thruth, using jokes to "defend" himself from the others.

Step 2: List at least two goals for the character.
    • To have the power to be free to do whatever he wants, in spite of evryone else
    • Thought he'll never admit it, to actually find someone to love who loves him back

Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
    • (Known) He was always bullied and was forced to take matter into his hands. That's why he doesn't feel anything when it comes to killing, and that's the very same reason for why he'd do anything to protect people who deserve it (at least for him).
    • (Unknown) uuuuhm...

Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
    • Everyone Everyone he knows either bullied him, disthrusted him, attacked him etc.
    • Gildoron Goldenleaf to be decided

Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has.
    • (Memory) The face of his parents discovering that he was a mutant.
    • (Mannerism) To pass his hand trhough his hair whenever he's complimented.
    • (Quirk) He'll never take you seriously. Almost.

Regarding the spell weaver, I didn't get it. The mutations required can even be the six starting one (two more arms, enhanced caster level, 4 spell-like abilities) with caster level hitting 5 at level 6 (half mutator level plus two from enhanced) and you have to wait anyway for 8th level for the skill ranks.

And in the mean time you'll have spent 28 mutations to have 56 additional arms. (Actually you need only 40, but oh well)

I thought about how they could meet, what about Kal's levi broke and he stopped to help him/to fix his levi? It would be a start
    Last edited by Valmark; 2017-08-17 at 11:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Like how Kal turned out here is a pic that I thought of reading his description (except the colour of the cloak is black not red) also here is a levi more in the style of a classic street bike both for your consideration:

Spoiler: Kal?
    Show

Spoiler: Bad to the bone...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

I added some things regarding our potential meeting, also thanks for the pics, especially Kal's one. I'll modify it to make it red and then I'll use it surely

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah that sounds like a good jumping off point, Then we could have bonded over a magical nature and the fact that I you like to fight and I like a capable companion. Although I am here to get supplies and then head back maybe you mostly stay in the the CIty of Light and I let you know when I need a body guard for runs between the Wildlands and "civilisation". How long do you want to have known each other?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Uhm, I wrote thst at 18 I wanted to go to the city of light to later go to the empire, so I'll need to reduce the age at which I got to the city of light... maybe I'm searching for money to travel?

That could maybe make our meeting be to perhaos... even two years? Or yout hink about months? Let's remember that our characters are 18 and 16...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

1.5-2 years works for me, I've been travelling back and forth since I was around 15. When I got my own Levi, now that I have more experience I can probably make the runs alone or with you where before I would go with more experienced runners. Also if you want to make the meeting shorter like 2-6 months that also works.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

I'll make it so that I got to the City of Light at 17 and have been saving up for later travelling, that way everything turns out. How close do you think we are?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

It's up to you. You said Kal is a loner by nature and Gildoron is an entertainer so he is pretty much a people person, he is also very much into Mutant rights and really distrusts humans.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Let them rest the night in peace. When they wake up for breakfast, feel free to introduce yourself. By then you'll have heard rumors of survivors of Beomfeld.

Btw, this was an unscheduled trip to the City. Half of the most recent shipment of divinely blessed potions were faulty and failed to produce any effect. No one died, but recovery from a minor blacksmithing accident will take weeks longer to heal without the right stuff. This trip is to rectify that. And no, you haven't had the chance to see an official yet.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Welp, I think very close. Aside from the fact that the more of a loner you are, the closer you are to friends (believe me it's true) with frequent travels and whatnot they probably spent a lot of time together. I can see him putting Gildoron in costant embarassment.

Also, what do we know about Beomfeld?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2017-08-17 at 12:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

d6 Re: Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

Knowledge - Local - (1d20+16)[26] what do I know about these Dragon Born, if anything (making the roll now so that if it comes up I can just say in character blah blah or I don't know ect.
    Knowledge - Local - (1d20+16)[30] for Boemfeld
    Knowledge - History - (1d20+8)[23] for Boemfeld

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Welp, I think very close. Aside from the fact that the more of a loner you are, the closer you are to friends (believe me it's true) with frequent travels and whatnot they probably spent a lot of time together. I can see him putting Gildoron in costant embarassment.

Also, what do we know about Beomfeld?
    Let's say that we've been travelling together for about a year or more then.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-17 at 12:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Beomfeld was a powerful and lucrative merchant city/state. Best guess rumors say that the rocks that crushed it were a misfire of the Clemant Empire's giant cannon. It's been a dangerous ruin since, devoid of life and legal to anyone who tries to enter it.

No rumors about any dragonborn of note. Just the normal "represent Bahamut, are good, and so on".
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-08-17 at 12:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Aside from the fact that I realized there are 4 male pcs and 4 female pcs (I'm pretty sure we can danc... right, it's only in my country that song) and I've done that type of character... I'll get so much fun until Tyralisa splatters me against a wall

I'm doing mental pairings. Like Zephyrinque and Gildoron.

Giant cannon? Also, it means that that news is probably something that I'll never believe until I see it with my own spell-like divination