Uchiha Warrior
    Grod Hexblade
    Anathematist

An oracle who has corrupted his gift.

"FATE IS WHAT I WILL IT TO BE."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

Requesting Grod the Giant's Warlock fix. And Warmage Rework. (Maybe I kinda want to be all cha).
    I will not this can get wonky with Spellblast duping spells on a full attack. Willing to limit that essence to trigger 1/action.

Also here is my sheet I am working on.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2023-01-25 at 12:53 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Requesting Grod the Giant's Warlock fix. And Warmage Rework. (Maybe I kinda want to be all cha).
    I will not this can get wonky with Spellblast duping spells on a full attack. Willing to limit that essence to trigger 1/action.

Also here is my sheet I am working on.
    All approved as well. I'll keep an eye on the blasting, if the full attack is getting out of hand or its scaling oddly or interacts in a way that's "unbalancing" maybe we tweak it, but lets see it in play first.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    Uchiha Warrior
    Grod Hexblade
    Anathematist

An oracle who has corrupted his gift.

"FATE IS WHAT I WILL IT TO BE."
    All approved along with Fiend of Possession, loving the thematic nature of the character.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2023-01-25 at 07:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

Please pardon me. I just need to borrow this thread really quick.
    Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running?
    D&D 3+ (3e & 3.5 base, with Homebrew and Pathfinder by request)

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be? What is the setting for the game?
    I am stealing directly from other media.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    Enough

4. What's the gaming medium?
    Discord Play by Post. Game progresses every other day.

5. What is the characters' starting status?
    Level 6 Gestalt

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    30,000 GP. Do as you will with it.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want?
    Be able to contribute to a battle.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species?
    All LA and HD must exist on one track of the gestalt.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    42 Point Buy. Max HP at every level. Please note down your Ability Score breakdown somewhere on your sheet.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Alignments are exclusively for mechanics. Paladins can not fall.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    There is no multiclassing penalty and no classes will lock you out if you multiclass. You can have prestige classes on both sides ofthe gestalt, but only one prestige class on each level.
    Example: A [9 Ranger//9 Sorcerer] that levels up can become [10 ranger// 9 Sorcerer/1 Sand Shaper] who then becomes [10 Ranger/ 1 Arcane Fencer//9 Sorcerer/1 Sand Shaper/1 Sorcerer]

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system?
    Players roll in the discord.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about?
    2 Traits if you want them, 2 Flaws if you want them, Two level tracks worth of level-up feats (so that's Two feats at level 1, Two feats at level 3, Two feats at level 6. The human bonus feat is NOT doubled, Flaws are NOT doubled, etc).
    Fractional BAB and Saves. Multclasses can only get the +2 to each good save ONCE regardless of how many Good Save classes they take.
    Pathfinder skills replace 3.5 skills when relevant (Hide + Move silently are compressed down to Stealth, for example).
    3.5 skill system (maximum of 3 + Level), Concentration Exists

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular?
    Skirt length. A very, very short skirt. More of an arrogant Belt than anything else, really.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Hack & Slash dungeon crawl to start. We can incorporate more if this group can actually make it through one encounter.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material?
    I can't promise I'll accept your homebrew, but I do promise I'll look at it.

GENERAL RULES

1.) MAX HP at each level.
    2.) Negative energy magic heals undead. Example: Inflict Light Wounds.
    3.) Positive energy magic harms undead. Example: Cure Light Wounds.
    4.) Living creatures do not die at -10 HP, instead perishing at either -10 or negative (Hit Dice + Con Mod) HP, whichever is lower.
    5.) Gems are exempt from the '1/2 Market Value when Sold' rule. They are treated as general currency in the exact amount you and the merchant agree upon, or in some cases, the merchant insists upon, if you've no way to know the difference.
    6.) Racial BONUSES to Ability scores are Inherent bonuses and don't stack with other Racial bonuses to ability scores, but do stack with Wishes/Tomes.
    7.) Inherent bonuses to ability scores, including racial bonuses and template bonuses, can reach a maximum of (HD/2); if you would gain more you hold on to the excess bonus until you are high enough level to receive it. Example: A Mummified Creature Orc would normally have +12 Strength, +4 Strength from Orc and +8 Strength from Mummified Creature; since those don't stack the better bonus is what's used, +8 in this case. If the Orc is level 10 it only gains +5 Str out of the total +8 strength it should have; when it reaches level 12 it only gains +6 Str out of the total +8 it should have; only when it reaches level 16 does the Orc gain the full +8 Str bonus.
    8.) Tomes/Wishes for an inherent bonus cost 15,000 GP for a +1 and stack with both Racial Inherent bonuses and more Tome/Wishes. A level 20 Mummified Orc with +8 Strength from its template can have a maximum of +10 Inherent bonus to Strength (Level 20/2). It can buy 2 Tomes/Wishes to reach the maximum possible Inherent Bonus of +10 Str. If it buys 42 individual Strength Tomes the Orc still uses a +10 Inherent Str bonus, but at level 100 it will gain the full +50 Strength it deserves.
    9.) Racial PENALTIES to Ability scores are Inherent penalties and don't stack with other Racial penalties to Ability scores. Each point of Inherent penalty costs 5,000 GP to remove. Track your Racial penalties and how much of them have been removed; should you regain an Inherent Penalty to an ability score it is reduced by the amount you've already removed. Example: Orcs have a -2 Racial Penalty to Intelligence. Buying off that penalty costs 10,000 Gp. Should the Orc then recieve the Mummified Creature template it would normally have -6 Int; since the penalties dont stack that becomes -4 Int, the higher of the two possible penalties; since it already paid off 2 points of Intelligence Penalty that becomes -2 Int.

FEAT EFFECTS YOU GET FOR FREE
    You get the effects of the following feats for free, and they are removed from anything that uses them as a prerequisite. These do not have to be listed on your character sheet as their effects are simply how everyone functions - PCs and NPCs alike.
    1.) Weapon Finesse (SRD) - Use Dex or Str for 'light' weapon Attack Rolls, whichever is better.
    2.) Power Attack (SRD) - Deduct positive points from your Attack Rolls and add them to Damage Rolls.
    3.) Eschew Materials (SRD) - Material Components that don't have a price attached are never required.
    4.) Improved Weapon Familiarity (Complete Warrior, p. 101) - You can treat all the exotic weapons associated with your race as Martial Weapons rather than as Exotic Weapons. A weapon is treated as being associated with a race if the race's name appears as part of the weapon's name, such as the Elven Thinblade, or the Dwarven Waraxe.

FEAT EFFECTS YOU GET FOR CHEAP
    The costs of the following effects, items, rituals, and so on have been lowered to make them more accessable for this low level game.
    1.) Tome/Wish for +1 Inherent Bonus -
    2.) Dexterity to damage - New feat named 'Subtle Strike'. When dealing damage with a Ranged Attack or a Weapon Finesse weapon you deal Dexterity Modifier bonus damage. (This also allows for Str + Dex to damage)
    3.) Ritual of Association/Ritual of Alignment/Ritual of Gills from Savage Species - Normally costs over 50,000 Gp. Now costs either 1 feat or 5,000 GP.
    4.) Mantle of the Fiery Soul/Mantle of the Icy Soul/Mantle of the Earth Soul/Mantle of the Air Soul/Mantle of the Electric Soul each cost 2 feats, or 3000 XP, or 15,000 GP, or some combination of these; As an example you could pay 1 feat, 1,499 XP, and 5 GP should you so choose.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2023-09-30 at 09:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

d6 Re: Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

(3d78)[9][40][53](102) w/o both sides rollv
    [rollv]3d78[/rollvl] w/both sides

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: Redtongue & Goldleaf (OOC)

Æterna Urbis : the Immortal City

Æterna Urbis, it has many names the Immortal City, Infinite City, Eternal City, The First City, The Primordial City or simply, Æterna. The city is all that most know. It is a living, some say sentient, city that many believe is endless, eternal and ever-growing. It’s spires pierce the Æther of the Sky Sea and many districts are floating islands within the Shadow Sea. Its roots are anchored in the depths of the Maze Mines and it is encircled by the Wreath, keeping the horrors of the Outreworld at bay. No complete map exists as the city is constantly growing and expanding; up, down and ever outward. Entire districts the size of mountains dislodge themselves and ascended into the Æther ocean above or can drift from the city’s periphery to its centre or from the inner ring to the edge of the Wreath itself. Structures and buildings are “birthed” as often as they are “built.” It is a city of endless possibilities and adventures as well as dangers.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running

All Pathfinder 1e content allowed. Home Brew, 3.X and 3PP upon request.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Home brewed setting (see below) a Magi-Tech sand box. Think Arcane meets Gormenghast meets Planescape Much like Sigil or Gormenghast, expect the city itself to be as much a character as any other N/PC. The world is also populated with myriad factions, guilds, cults and organizations.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Looking at 3-7 “additional players”, paradox26 has guaranteed spot.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

To be decided depending upon players. Default is standard GitP array: IC/OOC threads on this forum with possible voluntary Discord (text) if desired as an auxiliary/OOC.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

The PCs are experienced and well established in their spheres of expertise and influence. 16th level. Keep in mind though low-OP. Making something unique and flavourful is more likely earn a spot than the “best healer/tank/melee/blaster ect.”

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Starting wealth 315,000 gp, pre-game crafting is allowed provided your character begins the game with the requisite skills/feats/spells to create the items. No retraining/psychic reformation/Dark shuffle shenanigans.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

As long as you can point me to a link/book/magazine etc. I’m willing to consider any 3.X or brew you request. Keep in mind low-op.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

As long as you can point me to a link/book/magazine etc. I’m willing to consider any 3.X or brew you request. Keep in mind low-op.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

27 Point Buy, full HP 1st level average each level thereafter.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

I consider alignment more of broadstrokes for giving me and you an idea of your character's baseline sense of "morality" and moral compass. Regardless of your alignment you're expected to "play well with others" and be capable of working with the other PCs. Narrative intra-party conflict and tension can make for memorable and engaging role-playing and storytelling, but non-consensual PvP will not be allowed. Alignment restrictions on classes can be “handwaved” given a good narrative hook or “reskinning.”

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Standard multi-classing or variant multi classing is allowed.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honour system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Rolls on the forum/Discord in OOC or IC as appropriate. I might rarely make a passive roll for a PC but will likely keep that to a minimum.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Retroactive skill points, Feats at every odd level, Elephant in Room, and Background Skills, two traits, third with drawback.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Enough to give me and you an idea about your character's history, personality and goals/direction. I would also like brief description of 3 NPCs from you to help flesh out the world and your background.

• One is an ally, friend, relative, lover/spouse, child/ward, someone who is close to your PC and on good terms.
    • The second is someone who is adversarial yet needn't be an open enemy perhaps they are a long time rival a fellow student jealous your master taught you the secret technique, or it could very well be someone out for you blood.
    • The third is individual of renown in the setting, whether in a small sense, beloved teacher of a mountain village, lucrative merchant, a famous poet, artist, or smith, an official in the local government, its up to you.

Use as many words as you need to convey the concept, relationships, motivations or key character points/themes.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role-playing, or a combination of the above?

Expect a bit of each with a healthy does of intrigue. Basically I’ll provide the milieu and take cues on where to go from the players, aggressive, belligerent shoot first ask questions later type of party can expect more combat and like treatment from the inhabitants of the world. Sneaky, investigative types will likely have more conspiracies to unravel and puzzles to solve. The sky’s (or dark depths) are the limits ...

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rule-books and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

All first party PF material allowed with 3PP / Homebrew 3.X on request.
    (Depending on build concepts some SF may come in to play.)

Spoiler: History
    Show

Praenuntium – The unknown lost era of history about which nothing is known, not even myth or legend exists of to penetrate the darkness of this expunged epoch.

Ortus – Age of Ascendancy a time of advancement culminating in the apex of arcane and technological prowess and power. In this era the foundations of the Technoarcane society were built and the Technoarcanæ were founded. It is remembered as a utopian era of peace and prosperity for nearly all of the sapient races, although there are many who doubt the veracity of such claims.

Topor – Age of Stagnation wherein progress plateaus and corruption begins to set in. It is during this period that the first cracks begin to appear between the Technoarcanæ and various religions as the the arcane technocrats begin to take on many of the auspices of the clergy and their philosophy and traditions come more and more to resemble a cult of its own. Technoarcane society becomes less focused on advancement, research and discovery and more preoccupied with upholding tradition and spreading and gaining influence.

Apostasia – Age of Apostasy, the hubris of the intoxicating heights of the Technoarcane society causes widespread belief that the sentient races have transcended the gods. Inquisitions and holy wars sweep through the lands and society begins to falter, Paladins, Clerics, Inquisitors, and divine casters wage an ever losing war against the Ordos Techoarcanus, entire cities are laid to waste in the ever escalating wars. A great warship the Mind Splinter is created with the intent to pierce the veil between the planes of the “gods” and the material, where the Technoarcanus legions intend to invade, plunder and lay waste to the “heavens” and gods themselves. The vessel is destroyed by the combined might of the remaining divine orders and faithful Technoarcanæ, the act brings an end to the nearly 1,000 year God Slayer War and ushers in the last nightmarish age before the current era.

Dissonantia – The destruction of the Mind Splinter in the midst of its planar shift results in a devastating cataclysmic rupture in the fabric of time, space, and realty. Existence is rent and planes collide and overlap before collapsing in upon themselves leaving a ruined reality in its wake. The age known as the Sundering begins a chaotic cursed existence for those who survive. In the aftermath of the temporal catastrophe no one knows how long the age lasts. Hundreds of generations could live and die in the span of a few seconds and a child could remain a babe for aeons. Those who remained had a unified goal. End the chaos and restore order.

Renascentiae – Countless Technoarcanæ and Mage Priests from throughout all of existence and across multiple planes create Æterna Urbis, the Immortal City, from the collective essence of every city, habitation and congregation of sentient societies from throughout all time, space and reality. Most of the casters are lucky enough to be obliterated by the effort – wiped from existence, others are transmuted into mindless materia husks, while the damned are trapped in an endless moment of terror, sadness, madness, and agony for all eternity, their crystallized trauma powering the city giving it “life” in perpetuity.

Praesenseræ – The current era in which modern society lives. It is the age of Æterna Urbis. There are none still living (or so it is believed) that know any other time such as this. Some even reject the teachings of a time before Æterna as madness, stories, fantasy or even blasphemy. Regardless of the truth it’s all you’ve ever known, and all anyone you’ve ever known has ever known.

Spoiler: Locales
    Show

Spoiler: Sky Sea
    Show

Sky Sea (Æther Ocean, Gods’ Breath, Shadow Sea, Sky Sea, Mystmaræ)

A Wytch Afloat on the Shadow Sea

Seeing vessels of various shapes and sizes gliding through the skies over Æterna is a common sight among its citizens. Chartering a ferry from centre city to a settlement in the Girdle, or even the Wreath, is not uncommon. Some individuals or families have their own personal craft capable of taking to the sky allowing them fast and easy transport. This is all due to the presence of Mysterium in the atmosphere which trickles down from Sky Sea, known also as the Shadow Sea or Æther Ocean among citizens, and more commonly as Gods’ Breath and Mystmarae by Outre-Siders.

Much of the world’s atmosphere is comprised of the gaseous materia Mysterium, or as most call it, Æther. The closer to the earth one is the more disperse it becomes, as one ascends it’s found in long stream like channels which are fed from the larger pools higher in altitude. The further in the heavens one travels the more the Æther coalesces until in the upper atmosphere there is a vast ocean like mass of Mysterium which is seemingly endless.

Due to its arcane attributes, and the magitech of the Technoarcanæ, the inhabitants of Æterna are able to transverse these currents in Ætherships, vehicles designed to ride Æther, just as the nautical ships of old did the seas. Operators of large vessels, with crews in the dozens, are called Sky Captains those with larger military or commercial vessels, especially those designed to collect and transport Mysterium are known as Æthernaughts.

The vast Sky Sea is not the purview of Æterna’s citizens alone as Outre-Siders and Wytches have devised their own methods of transversing the heavens, in fact, the various Wytch covens were riding the heavens long before the Technoarcane artificers began cobbling together their first prototypes.

While tranquil and breathtaking in its best moments, the Sky Sea is not bereft of dangers, whether from outside factors like pirates or smugglers or the numerous naturally occurring hazards such as the many ephemeral and mysterious predators haunting the Shadow Sea. The Æther itself can be harmful, as pockets of melac, polluted Mysterium, can cause hallucinations, paranoia and insanity, a fate feared by many an Æthernaught – the dreaded “Myst Madness.”

The rarest most hazardous phenomena are rift storms that result in the overlap of the Shadow and Ethereal planes into the Material, allowing creatures from those planes to enter, or causing ships and crews to become lost in a realm not their own.

Spoiler: The Endless City
    Show

Æterna Urbis

Private yachts lazy circle a Highbridge neighbourhood in the Heights

Æterna is divided into two main sections each with their own subsections and districts. The upper parts of the city are know collectivity as The Heights and consist mainly of Monsfaciens, Lowbridge, Highbridge, Portsbridge, Middle Market, Gyrecourt, Spire, and the Crown, called the Halo be some. The lower parts of the city descending ever downward are known as the Depths and are comprised of Shadecity, Undertow, Glimmerdark, the Maze Mines, and The Bowels.

Spoiler: The Heights
    Show
    The Heights; (Monsfaciens, Lowbridge, Highbridge, Portsbridge, Middle Market, Gyrecourt, Spire, Crown)

Spoiler: The Depths
    Show

The Depths (Shadecity, Undertow, Glimmerdark, Maze Mines, The Bowels)

Miners' Shanty Town in Shadecity

There is a strata of Æterna that exists far from the towers and spires of the Heights, nestled beneath the bridges, towers and docks high above is a region far from the light of the heights and draped in ever deepening shadow and darkness. The region, know collectivity as the Depths, is home to many residential areas, taverns, inns, and general shops, and comprises further layers and districts that delve ever deeper. The lower one travels from the gleaming towers of the Crown the less likely one is to feel the suffocating presence of the Technoarcane and all their rules and regulations. What the people of the Depths lack in wealth they make up for in freedom.

The uppermost quarter is known as Shadecity and is the most affluent in the depths, and the only level wherein there are active patrols of Technoarcane Preservers or Magitemplars. Beneath it is Undertow known for its abnormal Æther storms that can make navigating via flight dangerous and unpredictable, beneath which is a district known as Glimmerdark which is lit only from the pale emanations of the Maze Mines beneath, yet for those with darkvision the atmosphere seems to dance with motes of multispectral light creating an effect allowing them to see in perfect colour while using their darkvision. The Maze Mines are next under which are the completely pitch black network of cave and catacombs known as the Bowles where much of the city’s waste collects. It’s inhabited by aberrations such as aboleths and colonies of illithids and mutants.

Spoiler: The Girdle
    Show
    The Girdle (Mazara, Stubblelands, Mounds, The Burrows)

One of the Girdle's many farms feeding the Endless City

WiP

Spoiler: The Wreath
    Show

The Wreath (Wild Wall, Ring Wood, The Wilds)

Wardens shun the city, finding solace in the Wreath

It is debated as to whether the Wreath is part of Æterna or independent. While on the surface it seems to be juxtaposed to the city it encircles it does serve a very important and necessary purpose. It protects the city. The Wreath, also known as the Wild Wall, Ring Wood or the Wilds is a vast circular forest which wraps completely around Æterna. The Wreath forms a natural barrier between the Outreworld and Æterna and keeps at bay all the horrors found outside. It also serves to keep those within from getting out. In addition to vast dense forest, it is inhabited by all manner of wild beasts, monstrous creatures, mutants and various races who have chosen to make their homes outside of Æterna. Ents, dryads, elves, fae and tribes of golblinoids, can all be found in the wild wood. The Wreath is also home to two organisations the Wreath Wardens and Wreath Rangers as well as being frequented by Hunters and Slayers.

Spoiler: Outreworld
    Show

Outreworld

A native Outre-Sider cautiously observes a gravitational anomaly

Everything outside of the Wreath Wall, is known as the Outreworld. It is a hostile and dangerous realm rife with “reality wounds,” tears in the fabric of reality where outsiders enter and baleful radiation marring the landscape and warping the normal laws of physics and magic. No sane being traverses the Outreworld unless miles above the earth in the relative “safety” of the Sky Sea. Many in the City believe it is little more than myth, secure in the comforting ignorance that there is no existence outside of the confines of the Eternal City.

Against all odds, it is inhabited by nomadic people called Outre-Siders, many of whom have evolved (or mutated) in order to survive in the hostile environment. Enclaves of nearly all races can be found in the Outreworld but Aasimar, Tieflings, Gensai and other outsider or elemental breeds are the most frequent, followed by humans. However, most inhabitants of Æterna don’t differentiate between those outside of their walls referring to all of them collectively as as Outre-Siders or Xenos.

The alien landscape can be deadly, and the various anomalies, especially those close to wounds, can confound and debilitate those not equipped to face them. There are dead and wild magic zones, null zones where tech or magitech fail to function or worse dangerously malfunction. Hostile planar environments can seep in from a wound can make the very air poisonous, or create vacuums, crushing or absent gravitational fields, temporal affects like stasis or rapid ageing. The emanations can also mutate both animate and inanimate matter creating new nightmarish creatures or act as anchors and gateways for extra-planar entities and beings