Results 1 to 5 of 5
- Join Date
- Dec 2015
- On the "Web"
Parasite: Neurax Worm on streoids (PEACH)
I'm not sure what this would be considered, maybe it'd be better as a racial class, but I have no clue...
This is basically a pet project that I was working on for a good while but I'm not sure how to classify it or even handle it correctly.
The small creature flitted on the barmaid's shoulder and shook what you sincerely believe to be it's head at you before disappearing into her body. The next thing you know, the barmaid is explaining to you exactly what you did wrong and seems... somehow different.
The parasites are a race of very tiny parasitic creatures that take over the minds of other creatures. There are many names for their race, and each member of the race may know the race by a different name. Parasites are similar to beholders in that an individual may have any number of different textures, colours, dimensions, or any other modifications of their physical features while still being part of the race as a whole. However, all parasites have a few things in common. All parasites resemble small worms with tiny feeding tendrils on their "faces", a small cuttlefish-like frill on each side of the body that can be used to somehow propel them through the air, and a pair of small beady black eyes above their feeding tendrils.
While the race itself has become somewhat of a fright to the paranoid and superstitious, they are not necessarily an evil race of creatures. The best and worst are found among them, though the worst of their kind is the least populous and most remembered. Evil parasites tend to take a sadistic glee on feeding upon the minds and grey matter of others. Neutral parasites don't mind dwelling within the minds and brains of others, but don't go out of their way to cause fear or illicit pain upon their future/current hosts. Good parasites try to minimize their effect upon their hosts and/or take over the minds of the unrepentant or those who cannot be saved in order to use their bodies to commit good acts to balance out the evil that has been wrought.
Parasite characters possess the following racial traits:
- Str -10 (min 1), Dex +2, Con -6(min 1), Int +2, Wis +4, Cha +8 (App -12 (min 1))
- Diminutive Aberration
- Speed: 5 feet, fly 30 feet(perfect)
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Different Body, Different Focus, Immunities, Lessened Hit Dice, Mindlink, Naturally Psionic, Parasite Power, Possession, Rebirth, Weapon Finesse
- Automatic Languages: Common and Quor. Bonus Languages: Any, except secret languages unless it possessed a creature that knows one.
- Favored Class: Psion
- Level adjustment: +0
Armor Class: In its natural form, the parasite has +2 natural armor in addition to the +4 AC bonus to size. It does not gain these bonuses while possessing a creature. Parasites cannot wear any armor in their natural form, as their form would either slip right out of it or they wouldn't be able to fly. However they can wear armour they are proficient with while possessing another creature
Attack: The parasite has no arms to wield weapons, but can use all weapons it has proficiency with if it's possessing a form with arms and can use all its possessed form's natural, extraordinary, and supernatural attacks.
Darkvision 60 ft.
Different Body: A parasite's natural form allows it to use one cape, two rings on its eyestalks, one pair of eyewear, and one necklace; when it possesses as body it can use all the item slots of that body.
Different Focus: All manifesting, Casting, and other special abilities gained through class levels can be used with any stat of the same type (physical or mental) chosen at the beginning of the class.
Immunity to dream effects. Parasites go unconscious but they do not dream as such. As such, they have immunity to the dream and nightmare spells, as well as any other effect that relies on the target’s ability to dream.
Immune to being tripped.
Lessened Hit Dice: Size of hit dice cannot exceed a d6, any Hit die that is larger than d6 are reduced to d6
Naturally Psionic: Parasites gain 1 extra power point per character level, regardless of whether they choose a psionic class.
Parasite Powers: At 1st HD the parasite gains one of the parasite abilities listed below. Unless specified, these are extraordinary abilities and you must meet the prerequisites for the ability.
Possession (Ex): Once per round, a parasite can merge its body with a creature, corpse, or construct with mental ability scores (at least one) on the Material Plane. This ability is like a Magic Jar spell (caster level 10th or the parasite's Hit Dice, whichever is higher), except it does not require a receptacle, you can choose to activate the body’s extraordinary and/or supernatural abilities, and it is activated as a free action during the move action. To use this ability, the parasite must try to move into the target's space; moving into the target's space to use the Possession ability does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
The target can resist with a successful Will save (DC 15 + parasite's Cha Modifier + 1/2 parasite's HD). A creature that successfully saves is immune to that same parasite's Possession for 24 hours. If the save fails, the parasite vanishes into the target's body. When the target dies or you choose to leave the target's body, you simply reappear somewhere on the body that you can easily escape from. If the parasite is thrown at the target, they may initiate this ability as a free action upon impact, if the attempt is successful the parasite takes no damage from the throw if it would've done damage to it.
Psi-Like Abilities: Mindlink (1/2 HD (min. 1)/day). This ability is like the psionic power manifested by a wilder of 1/2 the parasite’s Hit Dice (minimum 1st level).
If you are not using the Expanded Psionic Handbook in your game, use this description of the mindlink power:
⦁ You forge a telepathic bond with another creature within 30 feet, which must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher. The bond can be established only with a willing subject, who therefore receives no saving throw and gains no benefit from spell resistance. You can communicate telepathically through the bond even if you do not share a common language. No special power or influence is established because of the bond. Once the bond is formed, it works over any distance (although not from one plane to another), but lasts for only 1 round per character level. This is a mind-affecting ability.
Rebirth (Su): If killed, a parasite regrows within 2d4 days from the brain of any dead creature that it used mindlink within the last month that has been dead no longer than a day/HD, each body can only be used once.
Skills: +8 racial bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise and Sense Motive. It also has a +8 size bonus to Hide in its natural form for being Tiny. Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Hide, and Sense Motive are always class skills for the Parasite.
Weapon Finesse: A parasite also gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat at 1st HD.
Special: Must be taken at level 1
Hit Die: d4.
Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Psicraft (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at 1st Level
(4 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level
4 + Int modifier.
All of the following are class features of the Parasite Possessor.
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Power Points Powers Known Highest Level Power Known Parasite Powers Acquired 1 +0 +0 +2 +2 Bonus Feat 01 1 1 2 2 +1 +0 +3 +3 - 1 2 1 3 3 +1 +1 +3 +3 - 3 2 1 4 4 +2 +1 +4 +4 - 5 3 2 5 5 +2 +1 +4 +4 Bonus Feat 7 3 2 6 6 +3 +2 +5 +5 - 11 4 2 7 7 +3 +2 +5 +5 - 15 4 3 8 8 +4 +2 +6 +6 - 19 5 3 9 9 +4 +3 +6 +6 - 23 5 3 10 10 +5 +3 +7 +7 Bonus Feat 27 6 4 11 11 +5 +3 +7 +7 - 35 6 4 12 12 +6 +4 +8 +8 - 43 7 4 13 13 +6 +4 +8 +8 - 51 7 5 14 14 +7 +4 +9 +9 - 59 8 5 15 15 +7 +5 +9 +9 Bonus Feat 67 8 5 16 16 +8 +5 +10 +10 - 79 9 6 17 17 +8 +5 +10 +10 - 91 9 6 18 18 +9 +6 +11 +11 - 103 10 6 19 19 +9 +6 +11 +11 - 115 10 6 20 20 +10 +6 +12 +12 Bonus Feat 127 11 6 21
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Parasite Possessors are proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor.
Power Points/Day: A parasite possessor’s ability to manifest powers is limited by the power points he has available. His base daily allotment of power points is given on the table above. In addition, he receives bonus power points per day if he has a high Wisdom score (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Power Points). His race may also provide bonus power points per day, as may certain feats and items. A 1st-level parasite possessor gains no power points for his class level, but he gains bonus power points (if he is entitled to any), and can manifest the single power he knows with those power points.
Powers Known: A parasite possessor begins play knowing one psionic power of your choice. At every even-numbered class level after 1st, he unlocks the knowledge of new powers.
Choose the powers known from the psion power list. (Exception: The feats Expanded Knowledge and Epic Expanded Knowledge do allow a parasite possessor to learn powers from the lists of other classes.) A parasite possessor can manifest any power that has a power point cost equal to or lower than his manifester level.
The total number of powers a parasite possessor can manifest in a day is limited only by his daily power points.
A parasite possessor simply knows his powers; they are ingrained in his mind. He does not need to prepare them (in the way that some spellcasters prepare their spells), though he must get a good night’s sleep each day to regain all his spent power points.
The Difficulty Class for saving throws against parasite possessor powers is 10 + the power’s level + the parasite possessor's Wisdom modifier.
Maximum Power Level Known: A parasite possessor begins play with the ability to learn 1st-level powers. As he attains higher levels, he may gain the ability to master more complex powers.
To learn or manifest a power, a parasite possessor must have a Wisdom score of at least 10 + the power’s level.
Parasite Powers: At every level the parasite possessor gains one of the parasite abilities listed below. Unless specified, these are extraordinary abilities and you must meet the prerequisites for the ability. The number on the chart above includes the ability taken as a member of the race.
Bonus Feats: A parasite possessor gains a bonus feat at 1st level, 5th level, 10th level, 15th level, and 20th level. These bonus feats are in addition to the feats that a character of any class gains every three levels. A parasite possessor is not limited to psionic feats, metapsionic feats, and psionic item creation feats when choosing these other feats.
Spoiler: Parasite Powers
Parasite powers come in a few flavors: general powers, natural attack powers, possession powers, brood powers, and host powers. The differences are as follows:
- General: These are powers that a parasite gains that don't fall into any other category. They don't have a tag associated with them.
- Natural Attack: These powers grant the parasite a natural attack or bonus on natural attacks granted by other powers. The natural attacks and bonuses granted by these abilities are only available in the parasite's natural form and not available when possessing anything. These powers have the [Natural Attack] tag after their name.
- Possession: These powers augment the Possession (Ex) ability of the parasite by either changing the Save type, DC, adding effects, types, abilities, removing penalties, or any combination. Most of these powers only take effect during the Possession attempt and have the [Possession] tag after their name.
- Brood: These powers change the focus of your parasite and add, remove, or change abilities, limitations, advantages, drawbacks, etc. and can even change the type of the parasite from aberration to other types or even cause it to gain special subtypes. You may only have one Brood power. These powers have the [Brood] tag after their name.
- Host: These powers change various things associated with the host your parasite is inhabiting, including, but not limited to, ability to save VS your possession. These powers have the [Host] tag after their name.
Parasite powers follow this skeleton:
Stealth Takeover [Possession]:
Prerequisites: Hide 4 Ranks, Wis 14
Summary: You have learned to make your possession ability much harder to detect.
Description: The target you have used your possession ability on immediately forgets such a thing even happened and believes that you just flew right past it. You have total control but can choose to simply "ride in the backseat" and allow the possessed creature to take actions as if they were completely in control. If you make a Hide check (DC 15 + difficulty of the action decided by GM) you can steer the creature from the backseat and they will believe that everything you wanted them to do is what they decided to do. If you fail the check, they realize that something is wrong and will try and get you out of their head, prompting another Will save of the same kind that they rolled during the original Possession attempt. If they succeed, you are shunted out and they get an Attack of Opportunity against you. You are Flat-Footed for this AoO and if it hits the attack is an automatic critical. If they fail the save, you must take complete control and they gain a +4-circumstance bonus to future saves against your possession ability.
Prerequisites: Possession (Ex) ability, Stealth Takeover, any one [Natural Attack] Parasite Power
Summary: You do not have to appear on the outside of the host's body when you stop possessing them.
Description: you may choose to appear in any space within the host's body, unless you have the Blood Fiend power you cannot move to other spots within the host. Should you have the Sneak Attack ability you may use it with each natural attack you use within the body unless you can be seen by the host. Any attacks dealt within the body are not subject to the host's armor bonus, shield bonus, dex bonus, dodge bonus, natural armor bonus, or morale bonus (if any).
Little Nibbler [Natural Attack]:
Summary: You gain a bite attack.
Description: You gain a natural bite attack (1d4, B/P/S, x2), at 10 HD the damage raises to (1d8, 18-20, x3), and at 18 HD the stats raise to (2d8, 16-20, x4)
Tentacles [Natural Attack]:
Prerequisites: Dex 12, 1st HD only
Summary: You gain a number of tentacle attacks.
Description: You gain one tentacle attack (1d4, B, x2). You gain additional tentacles at 3HD, 6HD, 9HD, 12HD, 15HD, 18HD, 20HD, and every 2 HD after 20. Your tentacle stats increase to (1d6, x3) at 6HD, (1d8) at 9HD, (1d12) at 12HD, (2d8, x4) at 15HD, and (3d10, x5) at 20. In addition to the attack implications, you gain a +3 to grapple checks for each tentacle you have.
Prerequisites: Dex 13,
Summary: You gain legs.
Description: You now have legs, and gain +10 Base Land Speed. However, you can now be tripped, you lose your wing-fins, and your fly speed becomes a Climb speed. You may no longer take the Razor Fins or Deft Swimmer Parasite Powers.
Euphoria Trigger [Possession]:
Prerequisites: Possession (Ex), Cha 22, 4 HD
Summary: Your possession is harder to resist, and few hosts try to.
Description: Whenever you attempt a possession, the host must succeed on two consecutive saves and if it fails either save it is possessed and takes a -2 on each other save after the first possession. If the host has been possessed before it feels a rush of pleasure as its endorphins are released with the possession. If the host fails both saves during each possession attempt after the first, it takes a -2 to its future saves that stack with each other. Once it's saves drop to where it cannot even attempt to make a single save against you (-20 or so), it gladly accepts your possessions and you no longer need to attempt a possession to possess it. After the second time being possessed, the host will no longer even think about warning others about you.
Razor Fin [Natural Attack]:
Prerequisites: Cannot have taken the Legs Parasite Power
Summary: One of your wing-fins is as sharp as a blade.
Description: You gain a Slice attack that deals 1d4/4HD you have (max 5d4 at HD 20). You may take this power twice.
Leech Breed [Brood]:
Prerequisites: Deft Swimmer, Little Nipper, Hard to Kill, Special Sights (Lifesense or Aquatic Tremorsense), Draining Bite (Constitution)
Summary: You become more leech-like in your mannerisms and appearance.
Description: You look like a very large leech and you gain the power to be one as well. You lose your fly speed, double your swim speed, and gain the following ability:
- Blood Drain (Ex): When you deal damage with a bite attack you can immediately roll a grapple check, if you initiate this grapple while inside of another creature it automatically succeeds. At the beginning of your next turn and every other turn after that if you are still grappling, you may choose to deal the damage of your bite directly to the target blood stream, dealing 2d10 Con drain. You heal 4 HP for each point of Con drained in this way. A creature reduced to 0 Con in this way dies immediately.
Hard to Kill:
Prerequisites: Con 10, 6 HD
Summary: You're harder to kill than a normal parasite.
Description: You gain an extra 2 HP/HD you have and add an extra 2 HP at each level, the first time per day you fall below 0 health you automatically stabilize, you roll twice on saves vs death effects and dying and take the better result. In addition, the time for your rejuvenate ability becomes 1d4 hours. Note, this only applies to your natural form, the host does not gain these benefits when you're possessing them.
Illithid Heir [Brood]:
Prerequisites: Tentacles, Razor Tips, Special Sights (Humanoid with any subtype or Aquatic Tremorsense), Little Nibbler, 9 HD
Summary: To the untrained eye you resemble a larval mind flayer.
Description: You look like a small Illithid that would be swimming around in their birthing vats. You gain the following special abilities:
- Mind Blast (Sp): As the power but with a stun duration of 3d4 rounds. At will.
- Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability you must be on the head of a small or larger target and use a tentacle attack. You can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If you win the grapple check, you establish a hold and attach a tentacle to the opponent's head. If you begin your turn with at least one tentacle attached, you can try to attach your remaining tentacles with a single grapple check. The opponent can escape with a single successful grapple check or an Escape Artist check, but you get a +2 circumstances bonus for every tentacle that was attached at the beginning of the opponent's turn.
- Extract (Ex): If you begin your turn with at least tentacles attached and succeed on a grapple check, you automatically extract the creature's brain, killing that creature. This power is useless against constructs, elementals, oozes, plants, and undead. It is not instantly fatal to foes with multiple heads, such as ettins and hydras. Once you do this, you do not need to eat for a week as the brain
- Cerebremorphosis (Su): Only once, you may forcibly fuse your body with the person you are possessing. Unless the body is restrained, the host will freak out and call attention to you and what is happening. Over the course of 3d4 days you forcibly fuse your body with your host in order to become a mind flayer. Upon completion of this ability you gain all of the traits of a mind flayer but lose any and all traits that will not work within a host and you no longer have the Possession ability.
Razor Tips [Natural Attack]:
Summary: Your tentacles are now tipped with bone and minerals.
Description: Your tentacles can now deal Piercing damage in addition to bludgeoning damage, you also gain an additional +2 grapple modifier for each tentacle you have.
Summary: You gain two special kinds of senses.
Description: You may take this power multiple times Each time you choose this power you may choose up to two different types of special senses that you haven't chosen before. Unless specified, the radius of the sense is (5*HD) feet. The senses are:
- Lifesense: You gain the ability to sense the life force of other creatures and determine how strong their life force is. Using this you can determine how much HP is left in a target and the general area of where it is.
- Aquatic Tremorsense: You gain an ability identical to Tremorsense except that it only works in a liquid environment, this ability also allows you to determine the direction of even the weakest of water currents.
- Tremorsense: You gain the Tremorsense ability.
- Heatsense: You gain the ability to sense sources of heat around you, and determine the intensity of the heat you are sensing. For example, if you were blinded or simply had your eyes closed you could tell the difference between a fire, a fire elemental, a living body, and a chair that someone had just sat in, but couldn't tell the difference between a candle and a small fire except for the size and intensity.
- Draftsense: You gain the ability to sense the direction of airflow and disturbances in the air caused by moving creatures. It is highly unlikely you'd ever be unable to act in the surprise round once your range became large enough due to the fact that you'd be able to sense the moving creatures as they started the ambush.
- Desiresense: You are able to sense the strongest desires of those around you, and while it may not come in handy most of the time, it is extremely handy during diplomatic engagements or interrogations or even picking up the barmaid.
- Malicesense: You gain the ability to sense the hateful feelings that those around you have for others.
- Unlifesense: You are able to sense undead creatures in a similar manner to Lifesense, except that the strength of the unlife force is the strength of the undead creature.
- Ethersense: You are able to sense creatures that are nearby but within the ethereal plane and creatures native to said plane, this does not allow you to converse, see, hear, touch, or feel the creatures if you could not before, but simply lets you know that they are nearby.
- Typesense: When selecting this sense, choose a creature type and applicable subtype. You gain the ability to sense creatures of the chosen type/subtype e. g. Humanoid (Elf), Aberration, Construct.
- Scent: You gain the Scent ability.
- Blindsense: You gain the Blindsense ability out to 10 ft.
- Exaltsense: You gain the ability to sense good-aligned beings nearby. This functions as a Detect Good spell that is constant
- Vilesense: You gain the ability to sense evil-aligned beings nearby. This functions as a Detect Evil spell that is constant
You Need No One Else [Host, Possession]:
Prerequisites: Euphoria Trigger, Stealth Takeover
Summary: Your hosts gladly follow your orders even when you're riding backseat.
Description: The rush of euphoria reknits your host's mind and makes them obedient to your actions and desires. As part of your possession attempt if your target fails their save, you may spend a swift action to force the target to immediately do the next thing you say before you take control or ride backseat. This action can be literally anything, even things suicidal or completely agaisnt their character, however doing things like that forces them to make a will save (DC 10) to disobey. If they fail the will save or not even try the will save, they complete the order and afterwards take a -6 to all future saves vs your possession attemps. This stacks with the Euphoria Trigger debuffs and stacks with itself.
Augment Body [Host]:
Prerequisites: 3 HD, any two [Possession] powers, any one [Host] power, any other prerequisites vary with the different augment
Summary: You can change things about your host's appearance and physiology
Description: You may change your host's body in ways that are beneficial and/or pleasing to you. You may take this augment multiple times, each time taking a new augment that you have met the prerequisites for. The augments are:
- Beauty: (Prerequisites: Cha 24, any Race specialization), you can augment the host's looks to provide a +6 bonus on diplomacy.
- Hideousness: (Prerequisites: Cha 20, any Race Specialization), you can augment the host's looks to provide a +6 to Intimidate.
- Strength: (Prerequisites: Str 5, any additional [Host] power), your tampering with the host's muscles gives them a +4 untyped bonus to their strength score for if you are possessing them.
- Anonymity: (Prerequisites: Race Specialization, Disguise 4 Ranks, hide 4 Ranks, Cha 18), you can augment the host's looks to blend in with a crowd and much easier to forget. Your host now looks like a completely average version of that race for if you're possessing them and will not stick in people's minds when they see them, giving you a +6 bonus to Hide, Disguise, and Gather Information, the ability to disappear within crowds, not be picked out of a line up, and never can have a correct picture of your host for a wanted poster.
- Androgyny: (Prerequisites: Disguise 4 Ranks, Diplomacy 4 Ranks, hide 4 Ranks) you can augment the host's looks to appear as the perfect neutral point between every one of the genders within that race, adding a +6 bonus to Diplomacy and Disguise.
- Dexterous: (Prerequisites: Dex 14, any additional [Host] power), your tampering with the host's reflexes and grace give them a +4 untyped bonus to their strength score for as long as you're possessing them.
- Hardy: (Prerequisites: Con 9, any additional [Host] power), your tampering with the host's vascular system and organs gives them a +4 untyped bonus to their strength score for as long as you're possessing them.
Prerequisites: Must have possessed at least 10 different members of the same type and subtype (if any). Examples, 10 Elves of various types, 15 different humans, 5 goblins and 5 hobgoblins, or a beholder and two mind flayers and 8 neogi.
Summary: You're very hard for a certain type of creature to get rid of.
Description: You use your full HD instead of half of you HD to determine the DC of your racial abilities for a certain type (and subtype if applicable) of creature. This power may be taken multiple times if the prerequisite has been met for a different type/subtype
Prerequisites: Dex 10, cannot have taken the Legs Parasite Power
Summary: You can swim extremely well.
Description: You gain a swim speed equal to your fly speed, the ability to breathe underwater, and can choose to take 10 on swim checks even when threatened or endangered.
Prerequisites: Dex 8, Possession (Ex), Internal Appearance
Summary: You can swiftly move through the bloodstream to other parts of your host.
Description: When using the Internal Appearance power, you can move to other parts of the host using the bloodstream.
Acid Spitter [Natural Attack]:
Prerequisites: Little nipper, Con 10, Dex 12, 3 HD
Summary: Your spit has become corrosive.
Description: You gain a spit natural attack with the following statistics:
- Spit: 1d6/HD acid damage (max 18d6) with a range of (5*HD) feet once every 3d6 rounds
Parasite Launcher [Natural Attack, Possession, Host]:
Prerequisites: 12 HD, Internal Appearance, Homeostatic Fluctuation (Headache)
Summary: You launch from one host to another covered in gore.
Description: As a standard action, you force your host to make a fort save equal to your possession DC. If they fail the roll, you cause the pressures within your host's skull to become so intense that you literally force their head to explode open, killing the host and causing you to be launched up to (10*HD) feet towards an enemy, you must make a special ranged touch attack adding 1/2 your HD to your attack roll. Should you succeed on the roll, you imitate a possession attempt immediately.
Prerequisites: Any Special Sights except Scent and Blindsense, 8 HD
Summary: Your senses have grown sharper.
Description: This power may be taken multiple times, selecting a sense you haven't selected before. The sense you chose for Special Sights has become so sharp you can now pinpoint the location of objects, creatures, and the like within its radius.
Parasite Spitter [Natural Attack]:
Prerequisites: Parasite Launcher, Dex 15
Summary: You've learned how to not kill your hosts when jumping from them.
Description: You no longer cause your hosts to die when you use Parasite Launcher, instead simply launching from their mouth or other opening with the pressures made by Homeostasis Fluctuation(Headache). This usage of headache does not cause the host to take damage and ends when you leave their body. If you were in total control of the host you can cause the previous host to instead fall comatose until you either take control again or die.
Homeostatic Fluctuation [Host, Natural Attack]:
Prerequisites: 2 HD, any one [Possession] power
Summary: You can change things inside of your host's body
Description: You may choose this power multiple times, choosing an ability that you have chosen before causes the durations and effects to stack. The abilities are as follows:
- Screech: While possessing a creature, you begin wailing in a special frequency that causes them 1d6 sonic damage per round this ability is active.
- Acidic Swill: While possessing a creature, you begin to raise the acidity of their blood, causing them 1d6 acid damage per round this ability is active.
- Overheat: While possessing a creature, you raise their body temperature, causing them 1d6 fire damage per round this ability is active.
- Frozen Slurry: While possessing a creature, you lower their body temperature, causing them 1d6 cold damage per round this ability is active.
- Shocking Idea: While possessing a creature, you emit an energy that enhances the electric potential within the host's brain causing them 1d6 electric damage per round this ability is active.
- Headache: While possessing a creature, you can cause the pressures within their head to increase, forcing them to take 1d6 nonlethal damage per round. If a creature becomes unconscious while this ability is in effect their head explodes.
- Brittle Bones: While possessing a creature, you can force them to take double damage on a single hit from a bludgeoning attack once every 1d4 turns.
- Clumsy: While possessing a creature, you may force them to reroll a single attack or skill roll you choose, you may only use this ability once every 1d4 rounds.
Acidic Blood [Natural Attack]:
Prerequisites: Acid Spitter, 6 HD
Summary: Your blood has become more corrosive from contact to your acidic spit.
Description: Whenever you are dealt melee combat damage in your natural form, the attacker must make a reflex save (DC 15 + Dex + 1/2 HD) to avoid taking an amount of acid damage equal to your HD + your class levels (Note: HD gained from class levels is counted twice.)
Prerequisites: Manifester level 15
Summary: You've learned to turn the tables back on your enemies.
Description: Whenever you're hit in your natural form by a damage dealing psionic power you gain half of the damage back in power points.
Draining Bite [Natural Attack]:
Prerequisites: Little Nipper, 5 HD
Summary: Your bite is psionically infused.
Description: Whenever you make a bite attack you can choose to forgo the HP damage to deal 1d4 damage to an ability score you choose when you take this power. You may take this power multiple times, either choosing a new score, adding another dice, or moving to the next size up (max d12).
Prerequisites: 18 HD, Con 6, Cha 28, one [Natural Attack] power, Parasite Spitter, You Need No One Else
Summary: You can lay eggs in a comatose host.
Description: Once per 2d8 Months, you can lay a number of eggs in a host you made stay comatose using Parasite spitter equal to your Charisma modifier. These eggs hatch within 1d6 weeks as 1 HD Parasites and can gain class levels accordingly. The spawn created by this ability act like spawn created by Ghouls or Shadows. You may have a number of spawn under your control equal to your HD+Cha mod.
If anyone has any additional ideas for powers, I'd love to hear them.
Last edited by Aniikinis; 2020-04-08 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Cleaning it up a little, the formatting was atrocious. Also fixed a few discrepancies with concept.
- Join Date
- Apr 2017
- Vancouver <-> Dublin
Re: Parasite: Neurax Worm on streoids (PEACH)
An ambitious undertaking (based on the Parasyte manga/anime?). It will need some organising but looks pretty cool thus far.
- Join Date
- Dec 2015
- On the "Web"
Re: Parasite: Neurax Worm on streoids (PEACH)
- Join Date
- Apr 2017
- Vancouver <-> Dublin
- Join Date
- Dec 2015
- On the "Web"
Re: Parasite: Neurax Worm on streoids (PEACH)
...Yeah, I'm a bit of a parasite and aberration lover. Probably comes from the way I associate with animals IRL (I find "creepy" creatures to be absolutely adorable and "cute" creatures absolutely terrifying. ...It's caused more than one weird look over the years). Plus that exact ability at the end of the post is the parasite power "Parasite Launcher"
Also I started making a racial class focused on parasite powers with basic psionic talent.