New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Reach Spell?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Reach Spell?

Hey guys. I took this feat at some point in the past, but since then, the guy who had the book has moved, leaving me clueless as to the exact nature of the Feat itself. I know it turns any Touck spell into a Ranged Touck spell, and I'm pretty sure it makes it a 30-ft Cone. The problem is, I'm pretty sure its a Metamagic feat, and I don't know the spell level adjustment. Can anyone help?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Reach Spell?

reach spell is a +1 level metamagic, turns any touch spell into a ray with a 30ft range, requires a ranged touch attack to hit.
    Last edited by blue_fenix; 2007-08-10 at 03:44 PM.
    "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
    -Dinobot, quoting Hamlet.

Current Characters:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Oh thank you....we've been playing it as a +2 adjustment....You have no idea how bad that is. Oh, and just for my clarification, what's the difference between a Cone and a Ray?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wrong, it's +2. Cdivine, ranged touch, treat as a ray.

Ray is a single beam, that hits one target, requires an attack roll (using dex) vs opponent's touch AC (i.e. -armour, nat armour, shield,)

Cone is a "cone", which goes to distance x, and width x, with templates in DMG, for specific targets.
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2007-08-10 at 03:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

A cone hits everything in the area, usually has a save, and does not require an attack roll. A ray hits just one target, may or may not have a save, and requires a ranged touch attack.

Reach Spell is +2.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh, I was sure it was +1. Guess I was wrong.

As for cone versus ray, the basic idea is that a ray is like pointing your finger and shooting a laser that hits one thing versus a cone is like breathing fire in a V shape in front of you.
    "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
    -Dinobot, quoting Hamlet.

Current Characters:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Would this stack with Persistent spell and divine metamagic? Because that would be awesome.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pun Pun View Post
    Would this stack with Persistent spell and divine metamagic? Because that would be awesome.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.