Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 277
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    April 6th, 3 o'clock after noon

    Each of you had your own reasons for wanting to go to Orlane, so when the post requesting an armed escort for a caravan appeared on the local job board, you decided to sign up; after all, if you were going to Orlane anyway, you might as well earn a few coins along the way. The caravan master, Robert Nist, doesn't expect trouble, but taking the road through the Dimwood is always a little risky.

    The journey so far has been uneventful, with light spring rains being the only inconvenience; even the past day's trek through the Dimwood, considered the most dangerous part of the route, has been uneventful. In the middle afternoon, you come to the Dimwood River crossing.

    A wooden drawbridge spans 200 feet across the Dimwood river, with the middle raised up about halfway across. On the near side a bell hangs under a sign which reads "ring for service." The caravan master rings the bell, and nothing happens. He rings it again. Still nothing. And again. Still nothing.

    "The tolltaker doesn't seem to be home. Any ideas?"


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Though he was not officially part of the caravan guard contingent, Arco Nist had spent much of the time on the journey getting to know them. The half elf had introduced himself as an alchemist and nephew of the caravan master, Roger Nist. He'd shared stories of his family, most of whom are guild artisans and merchants. He focused primarily on his younger brother, who is a cartographer, a cleric, and somewhat of an adventurer.

    Arco is slim and just over 5 feet tall. His black hair is usually tied back in a tight ponytail which stretches halfway down his back. His skin is light brown, almost bronze, with eyes the color of a deep blue sea or sky. Hes rakishly handsome and clean shaven. He typically wears loose fitting traveler's clothes with a color scheme of various dark blues, over which he most often wears a dark purple cloak. He also sports a floppy, wide brimmed, dark purple hat. Most of his equipment is either worn, in or on his pack, or hanging from his wide black belt.

    The night before he had shared rumors of thing he'd heard about Orlane, "I've heard that the priest of the local temple and the mayor are in a silent struggle for control of the town. Tales also speak of the well water in Orlane having been poisoned with a mind-altering drug. One fellow insisted that an insane druid is living near the village and is enchanting an army of townspeople for some foul purpose."

    Arco walks up to his uncle and shrugs, "Based on rumors I've heard, I suggest we take time to collect as much of the river water as we can. You know, just in case the rumor about the well water in Orlane is true.

    As to the tolltaker, this does seem a bit odd. Are there normally guards, or any others posted here as well?
    "

    He looks around for any sort of building where the tolltaker might stay, and inspects this side of the bridge itself without setting foot on it. He's looking for any sign of recent passage, any obvious defects, or any hints of tampering. In that effort he also walks about ten feet upriver and climbs down the bank far enough to look under the bridge.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Every morning he uses a sorcery point when he casts Mage Armor to extend it for 16 hours.

    Investigation or perception (1d20+3)[4]
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    As to the tolltaker, this does seem a bit odd. Are there normally guards, or any others posted here as well?[/COLOR]"
    Robert scratches the back of his head. "No guards, but the tolltaker and his family live on the other side if the bridge , and I've never known them not to have someone ready to allow crossing, even if it is just their son." He points out a house on the other side of the river, partially obscured from sight by some trees.

    He looks around for any sort of building where the tolltaker might stay, and inspects this side of the bridge itself without setting foot on it. He's looking for any sign of recent passage, any obvious defects, or any hints of tampering. In that effort he also walks about ten feet upriver and climbs down the bank far enough to look under the bridge.
    As far as Arco can tell, the bridge is well-maintained and doesn't show any sign of tampering. Any signs of recent use have been obscured by the recent rain. The rain has also caused the river to swell slightly, and there is a lot of debris caught along the banks.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    That tracks with rumors that I've heard about the mayor and priest as well. Seems they a grappling with each other over control of the town but whether their motives are cliched or more specific I wasn't able to determine.

    I hadn't heard about an insane druid but that would explain several stories that I had heard about crocodiles. It would appear that the town has suffered several attacks by crocodiles "straying" much too far from the marshes and savagely attacking the towns people
    . That last sentence trails off a little bit as Hardis glances over at the water of the river. "Perhaps, now that I think about it we should stay away from the waters edge for now to be on the safe side shall we"

    After taking 2 or 3 steps back Hardis will continue sharing.

    "It could be that the druid is using these crocodiles but regardless the story about the druid,sane of otherwise, also makes sense.

    I have heard that this area used to be home to a school of druids known as the Ajarno. They disappeared suddenly over a century ago however and no one has heard from them since. The emergence of a druid now is..ominous to say the least.

    This talk about mind altering drugs is also disconcerting as I've heard a rumor that the local wine maker makes the best wine in the Vale...by mixing the blood of kidnapped children.

    To be frank this whole situation is looking more and more disconcerting the more thought is put into it."


    With that Hardis produces a small flask and takes a gentle swig to calm his nerves.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Bogard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Pyrestein furrows his brow. "Aye, I've also heard these rumors about druids and winemakers. This isn't a good sign fer a first impression, innit?"

    He holds up his flaming frying pan, hoping to get a better look at the other side of the bridge. "Do ye know what the toll normally costs?" he asked the caravan master. Even if they find an alternate way over the river, Pyrestein wanted to keep an eye out that the caravan paid the toll, even if they simply left the gold in the empty booth.
    Last edited by Bogard; 2017-08-24 at 04:05 PM.
    Bogard the Barbarian, my first D&D character! Revel in his unbelievably overpowered equipment!
    (Our GM never got the hang of treasure tables)

    Also read The Ballad of Bogard, his backstory sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Robert ignores the priest's question, having greater concerns on his mind. "We need to be across the bridge soon. I- I don't want to be in these woods after sundown. It's too dangerous."


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    The bridge not being attended to could be of concern. Especially for him. A quick glance behind them wouldn't hurt. Karn decides to take notice of what is going on surrounding them and behind them. There were more than enough eyes paying attention to the bridge that wasn't moving, his concern presently was the idea that someone set this up to perhaps ambush them.

    "I have also heard about those crocodiles you mentioned but the rest is news to me."

    A brief moment of concern crosses his mind. Orlane having those types of issues means further complications of his plan but more importantly the person he was wanting to see. His voice came out calm as could be though given the situation. Attributing the lack of attention at the bridge presently to careless tolltakers who may have had the son this man mentioned wander off instead of sticking around to do his part.

    "Might have to have one or a few of us travel across to lower the bridge for the others. Unless there's another way or those people decide to make an appearance sometime soon.
    I'm not keen on sitting here for longer than we have to."


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Picture of Karn for reference for peeps. He usually wears his chainmail underneath the long coat/traveling clothes, backpack on his back and shield/warhammer are mostly in hands when traveling. Town travel would mean shield slung on after backpack to still use quickly in a pinch and warhammer at his side. Pair of handaxes are on his waist one on each side

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Bogard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Pyrestein exhaled gruffly, examining their options. "Ye may be right," he said, referring to Karn but addressing the group. "Who here thinks they could make the swim? I'll be a bit slow in this armor, but I'm willing ter go. If there are crocodiles, the swimmers will be needin' their wounds cured."
    Bogard the Barbarian, my first D&D character! Revel in his unbelievably overpowered equipment!
    (Our GM never got the hang of treasure tables)

    Also read The Ballad of Bogard, his backstory sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Grovski was either walking by the caravan or chatting and playing with his "aang". Its actually his shield but the design is exotic. Its shaped like a round turtoise shell and their is a hole on one side to put your hand it. Inside the hole, the handle is there. But if he put the shield between his leg with the hole at the bottom, he can tap the shield to make melodious sound come out.

    During the trip, he proven to be positive and charming.

    When mentionned the rumors, he adds it his own: " What I heard is that the Elves of the Dim Forest allied themselves with troglodytes and preparing to attack the town. Which makes no sense to me whatsoever but if the people of Orlane ARE being kidnapped and replaced as I heard, this might be explaining it. "

    At the bridge, he groan and already start to remove his armor: " I'll swim across. No need for you guys to risk your safety. However, if you can back me up from a distance with spells, that would be appreciated. Or rocks if their IS alligators in those waters. "

    Spoiler: Picture of my character
    Show
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2017-08-25 at 11:41 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Hardis watches as Grovski undressed and got ready to swim. The dragonborn had been a welcome addition as they travelled with the caravan. Hardis and Grovski had often joined together and played to pass the time; Aang, Lute, and Song helping to ease any tensions and lighen the mood.

    Hardis was inspecting the draw bridge mechanism as Grovski prepped himself. Yes, we can help where we can Grovski. Try not to get your britches biten too much

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    While Grovski is getting ready to swim I'd like Hardis to be looking around on our side of the draw bridge to see if there is a way to drop our side down. Or if there is anything noticible about the mechanism.


    Spoiler: Picture of Hardis
    Show



    Imagine him a little more elven with blond hair instead but that's pretty close to how I envision Hardis looking. His clothes and leather armor have kind of a courtiers robes vibe to them but they are still functional.

    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-25 at 12:18 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    "I understand my uncle's desire to move along swiftly, and I agree with him. But there's no need to be hasty about our decision on how to do that. Wait a moment, everyone, before doing anything."

    Arco will go out onto the bridge and walk cautiously up to the edge of the opening. He looks across and judges the distance to the other side. He casts Misty Step (30') to put himself just off the side of the bridge to cross the opening, then flies 10' with Tempestuous Magic to land back on the bridge. Once he gets across he cautiously approaches the mechanism that will lower the bridge and tries to activate it.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Once across, it's easy to find the control mechanism. Chains clank as a series counterweights lower the bridge, which comes down with a gentle thud.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Once the bridge falls Hardis gives Arco a small round of applause. "Well done and now we're off". He stays with the caravan as it makes the crossing his rapier at his side while they move across.

    Once they reach the other side Hardis would like to have a look and investigate the watch house if the situation isn't pressing.

    "We should have a look at the booth as we pass. There could be clues that could help us. Robert, you said it's unusually for no one to be manning the crossing correct?"
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Once on the other side of the Dimwood River it's easier to see the tollhouse, a sturdy wood-and-plaster cottage. Crossbow bolts litter the ground around the front of the house, and the broken-off head of a battle axe is embedded in what remains of the door. Part of the thatch roof has caved in. There are no sounds coming from within.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Grovski stop his undressing and put back his armor. He isn't upset and is even whistling a tune they had being playing on their travel here.

    Once fully dress, he climb back in the caravan.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2017-08-25 at 04:17 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Hardis drops down from the caravan and places his hand on the rapiers hilt as he stoops down and picks up one of the arrows and looks it over.

    Hmm he says to no one in particular. With that he moves closer to the door inspecting the axe head briefly then turning his gaze towards the inside of the toll house

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Am I able to tell if these are of like elvish or druidic make from how they are made or are these more human / nondescript style?

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Arco grins and shrugs once at Hardis, then takes a slight bow, "Thank you! I'm always happy when my sorcery can be of assistance."

    As the wagons pass by, Arco says to his uncle, "I know you really want to get to Orlane as soon as possible. But please wait a few moments for us to check out this house, someone may need assistance. At the very least maybe we can find some clues inside as to what actually happened here."

    Joining Hardis, the sorcerer also checks out the crossbow bolts. If they're sized for a light crossbow, which he wields, he'll collect any that remain in serviceable condition. From the position of the bolts he tries to confirm what he believes; that they were fired from the house.

    He remains 30' back from the door, and looks around each side of the house for windows or any footprints. "Let me know when you're ready to go in Hardis, I'll try to open the door from here." Once signaled to do so, he'll cast Mage Hand to open the door.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2017-08-25 at 05:18 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Grovski nod approuvingly to the sorcerer with a smile. He get his shield ready and get close to the group, ready to enter the place when the group are.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Bogard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Father Pyrestein nods approvingly, glad that nobody had to soak themselves in the moat. As they pass through the toll booth, he pushes a gold piece under the sill, hoping it was enough to cover the group's toll.

    Spoiler: Picture of Father Pyrestein
    Show
    Bogard the Barbarian, my first D&D character! Revel in his unbelievably overpowered equipment!
    (Our GM never got the hang of treasure tables)

    Also read The Ballad of Bogard, his backstory sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Hardis looks at the group ready to go and then looks at the bolt once more.

    Nodding to the group "Grovski, Arco. You're up."
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-25 at 05:52 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Spoiler: Hardis
    Show

    Intelligence (Invesitgation) check: (1d20+4)[11]
    Result: The axehead is sturdy, sharp, quite heavy, and clearly designed with killing in mind; but spartan in design. It's probaby not elven or druidic, as those groups tend to prefer more elegant designs.



    Spoiler: Arco
    Show
    The crossbow bolts are lighter bolts used by civilians - perfect for his light crossbow. They are pointed away from the house, supporting his notion that they were fired from inside, probably from the partially-barricaded windows and narrow horizontal openings in the thatch roof. Acro could collect some, but doing so and sorting the usable from the bent and broken would take about five minutes.

    There are plenty of footprints in the muddied grounds around the house.

    Wisdom (Survival) check: (1d20+1)[12]

    Results: these tracks were made by humanoids with a heavy footfall. You estimate that there are between five and ten of them.


    The cottage door lazes open, precariously attached to the house on a single hinge, releasing the smell of decay. The inside of the house is dominated by a pile in the middle on the single large room. The pile was hastily composed of broken furniture, firewood, and wet straw, topped off by a fly-covered corpse, naked and face down.

    Elsewhere in the house, empty cupboards are hanging open, a table is turned sideways against a window, and more quarrels protrude from the woodwork. A back door is hanging open.

    Against the far wall there is a ladder which leads up to a loft. The sound of strained breathing can be heard from up there.
    Last edited by shamgar001; 2017-08-25 at 06:56 PM.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Grovski sigh, point out the ladder and the trap above. He point his eyes and the back door next, to make someone guard this entrance or go watch. Then go to the body and try to drag it outside. He is VERY careful not to touch it with any of his skin.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2017-08-25 at 07:34 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Arco relays what he discovers about the tracks, then enters the house. He looks out the back door, then makes his way to the ladder. Glancing around to see who came inside, he tries to quietly climb up to investigate the strained breathing.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Hardis will take Grovski's hint and after drawing his rapier he will move to cover the back door.

    As Arco makes his way up Hardis will nervously grimace hoping for the best

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    From grynels response does that mean its ok to look at spoilers with a players name on it? I didnt know if that was private information or not

    Also once we sush this breathing out hopefully well be able to arcana check that body or at least investigate it

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    The flies scatter of Grovski approaches the body, revealing the corpse's tattooed skin bare. It's a male orc, well-built at about seven feet tall and 300 pounds of muscle. There's a broken-off bolt in its neck, surrounded by crusty black blood.

    Arco looks around the loft. There are several straw mattresses and another makeshift barrier, behind which is the source of the labored breathing: it's a middle-aged human man, seated with his back against the wall. The congealed blood indicates the wounds on his head and right arm. The broken pieces of a crossbow as scattered around him. He's still alive, but not conscious.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Bogard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Pyrestein runs forward and casts Cure Wounds on the wounded human.
    Bogard the Barbarian, my first D&D character! Revel in his unbelievably overpowered equipment!
    (Our GM never got the hang of treasure tables)

    Also read The Ballad of Bogard, his backstory sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    The wounds on the man begin to heal, although he remains very weak. His eyes open.

    "Wha...who...wh-where is Evey? Where is Duff?"


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Karn nods towards Arco "That's a handy trick to have up your sleeve." After seeing both the slight teleporting across the bridge. He had hung back to stick with the caravan. "I heard about that troglodyte thing too actually. Odd...maybe multiple people hearing similar rumors might make some truth to them,
    whether it's stretched or not is a different matter."


    Watching the others approach cautiously towards the building, well what was left of it, he took note of the footprints and took a slightly closer look to see if he could discern anything about them. Grovski dragged the orc out while Arco, Hardis and the Father had busied themselves inside the small cottage. Karn knelt down next to the orc, wondering what the tattoos were of if anything in particular. "Roger, who was this?"

    Karn decided the best for himself currently was to stick nearby Roger and the caravan itself while the others were inside. If those footprints had meant someone was nearby, he'd want to try to see them coming first...maybe give them the false impression that only himself and Grovski were guarding the caravan and signal the others to counter ambush. He was still convinced that was potentially going to happen. Perhaps that was part of his personal past or his professional past that made him slightly on edge most of the time with his guard up. He did slightly enjoy the company of the musically inclined ones of the group that he was currently traveling with. Breaking up the monotone atmosphere with some melody was welcome. He chimed in with his singing when he felt he could contribute a little with his baritone voice. Being a half-orc with some slightly shady tendencies and the behavior of a hardened individual whose seen and done some things of questionable morals, people sometimes mistake him for not enjoying certain things in life. Who doesn't like to pass the time when they can?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Because I like to help immersion this is what I imagine Karn's voice to be like.
    Last edited by Ryendan; 2017-08-26 at 02:21 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Spoiler: Karn
    Show


    Examining the footprints around the house.

    Wisdom (survival) check: (1d20)[14]
    Result: Like Hardis, you see that these tracks were made by a group of large humanoids; orcs most likely, considering the dead one in the cottage. You guess there were about eight orcs present.

    Examining the tattoos on the orc corpse.

    Intelligence (Religion) check, with advantage because Karn is an Orc: (1d20)[9] (1d20)[13]

    Result: You recognize the tattoos as part of the worship of Gruumsh, the patron deity of Orc and god of destructive conquest. This particular orc followed a version of the religion where strength in battle is received in exchange for the sacrifice of live captives.
    Last edited by shamgar001; 2017-08-26 at 03:42 AM.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trouble in Orlane [5e] IC

    Quote Originally Posted by shamgar001 View Post
    The wounds on the man begin to heal, although he remains very weak. His eyes open.

    "Wha...who...wh-where is Evey? Where is Duff?"
    Arco displays a sympathetic visage and shrugs, "Easy now, you're lucky to be alive. We saw nobody else other than a dead orc downstairs. My name is Arco. My companions and I are part of a caravan destined for Orlane. Are those the names of your family? Maybe they ran away? When did this attack happen?"
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •