A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Olov's Coffin Trick (Spell)

    Olov's Coffin Trick
    Conjuration (Healing and Teleportation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Trickery 9
    Components: V, S, AF
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Duration: 1 day/level or until discharged (see text)
    Range: Touch
    Target: A single coffin
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No
    You imbue a coffin with a few powerful abilities. First anyone entering that knows the command word may teleport to any other empty coffin on the same plane. After they arrive the traveler is healed of 10 hp/CL and a greater restoration is cast on him. Once someone goes through the coffin the spell is discharged.
    Arcane Focus: The coffin that this spell is cast on with a painted holy symbol made of a mixture of ash bone and precious metals costing 2000 gp.
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-08-28 at 11:07 AM.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vancouver <-> Dublin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Olov's Coffin Trick (Spell)

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Olov's Coffin Trick
    Conjuration (Healing and Teleportation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Trickery 9
    Components: V, S, AF
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Duration: 1 day/level or until discharged (see text)
    Range: Touch
    Target: A single coffin
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No
    You imbue a coffin with a few powerful abilities. First anyone entering that knows the command word may teleport to any other empty coffin on the same plane. After they arrive the traveler is healed of 10 hp/CL and a greater restoration is cast on him. Once someone goes through the coffin the spell is discharged.
    Arcane Focus: The coffin that this spell is cast on with a painted holy symbol made of a mixture of ash bone and precious metals costing 2000 gp.
    Arcane healing, but done in a very flavourful way so kudos!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Olov's Coffin Trick (Spell)

    Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Arcane healing, but done in a very flavourful way so kudos!
    i think I'm in the lot who believe that arcanists should get healing (but I put it under necromancy so [shrug]). Thanks
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Olov's Coffin Trick (Spell)

    Like the spell, but I don't think its a Trickery domain spell. Maybe some sort of Vampiric, Coffin, Ravenloft or whatever domain

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vancouver <-> Dublin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Olov's Coffin Trick (Spell)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xzoltar View Post
    Like the spell, but I don't think its a Trickery domain spell. Maybe some sort of Vampiric, Coffin, Ravenloft or whatever domain
    Could certainly be vampire-themed, but I think it works great as Trickery - you fool everyone into thinking you're dead! :)

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Olov's Coffin Trick (Spell)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xzoltar View Post
    Like the spell, but I don't think its a Trickery domain spell. Maybe some sort of Vampiric, Coffin, Ravenloft or whatever domain
    Hmm, I agree with rferries... Plus he was an optimized cleric/wiz caster
    Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Could certainly be vampire-themed, but I think it works great as Trickery - you fool everyone into thinking you're dead! :)
    Yeah, I have to agree
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •