Abjuration
    Level: Sor/Wiz 3, Cleric 3
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Area: A circle with a radius up to 20'
    Duration: 30 minutes/level
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No
    Sprinkling the shavings of multiple rare metals that are bane to fey, lycanthropes, constructs, and outsiders you create an impassible barrier, not letting anyone in or out.
    When you cast this spell the metallic shavings glow with a pale blue light, and any creature inside can not leave. Likewise creatures can not enter the area, either through mundane methods or through magical means (including teleport, fly spells, etc). However weapons, spells and other effects can pass the circle, along with creatures with more HD then twice your caster level.

Material Component: A mix of admantine, cold iron, silver and mithril shavings worth 100 gp that forms the circle.
    Note: If playing pathfinder the material component does not need to have silver, however the cost remains the same.
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-09-01 at 08:17 AM.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Binding Circle (Spell)

Verrrrrrry flavourful! I can see this being used by NPCs if not by PCs.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Verrrrrrry flavourful! I can see this being used by NPCs if not by PCs.
    Thanks . Pc's would probably like the more powerful version, and if i ever get around to making a game I plane on making a maze with invisible spell for this XD Some will be higher that block everything, some not hehe.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I like this a looooot... You might consider dropping the Silver powder, as (in Pathfinder) Mithral is also counted as Silver for overcoming damage reduction....

You might mention that any other creature type than those listed can pass over/through the circle just fine... not that they would want to necessarily. You might also add in something along the lines of this enhancing/empowering summoning spells when making bargains or some such...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AOKost View Post
    I like this a looooot... You might consider dropping the Silver powder, as (in Pathfinder) Mithral is also counted as Silver for overcoming damage reduction....

You might mention that any other creature type than those listed can pass over/through the circle just fine... not that they would want to necessarily. You might also add in something along the lines of this enhancing/empowering summoning spells when making bargains or some such...
    Thought about giving a bonus but planar binding, summons, gate and all can be rather... broken in the hands of a capable caster. As for dropping the silver I'll add a note for PF (need to look into PF never played/Dm'ed that before )

Extended Signature