Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Star Trek Adventures] USS Bernard: Mission to Corachaidd

Welcome to the OCC thread for Mission to Corachaidd. Our heroes are the intrepid crew of the USS Bernard, a venerable Excelsior-class ship dispatched on an urgent diplomatic mission.

IC thread

The planet of Corachaidd is located in neutral space between the Cardassian Union and the Federation. The local government has arrested several independent traders and contact has been lost with the Federation embassy. Starfleet fears the worst and has called on a retired diplomat familiar with the Coranneit Union to resolve the situation.

The Bernard's mission is threefold:
    1. Secure the embassy.
    2. Observe the trial of the independent traders.
    3. Avoid a diplomatic incident with the Cardassian Union.

The Crew
    Captain Vrelek Thran
    Lt. Commander T'Loran, First Officer
    Lt. Yvonne Dobson, Engineering
    Lt. Kor, Security. Klingon exchange officer.
    Dr. Alexandra Lee, Medical

Spoiler: Conn
    Show

Lt. Kanya Metharom
    Lt. Metharom is the highest-ranked and most skilled helmsman on the Bernard. She's worked hard to get where she is and isn't afraid to let people know that.

Lt. Lucilia Gomes
    Lt. Gomes serves as the primary comms officer for the Bernard. She has fluency in six languages and is a notorious xenophile.

Ensign Shirori Kurosawa
    Ensign Kurosawa is enthusiastic and desperate to prove himself, but always seems to get stuck with shuttle duties and cargo management.

Spoiler: Engineering
    Show

Department Head: Lt. Commander Zarena Iniz
    An unjoined Trill, Lt. Commander Iniz is a hands-off commander more concerned with departmental evalution reports than the actual functioning of the department. She is somewhat alienated from her subordinates.

Lt. Yvonne Dobson
    (see above)

Lt. Xani Kuschei
    Lt. Kuschei is fascinated with robotics and machinery of all kinds, the newer the better. As a Betazoid, he has empathic powers but gets annoyed when people ask if he can read their mind.

Ensign Konrad Hummel
    Ensign Hummel is an expert in resource extraction and excavation operations, mostly due to a childhood on a frontier mining world.

Chief Joo-Won Lee
    Transporter Chief Lee is an upbeat workaholic. She has a notorious sweet tooth.

Spoiler: Medical Department
    Show

Ship's Doctor: Doctor (Lt) Alexandra Lee
    (see above)

Ship's Counseller: Doctor (Lt) Ayomide "Ayo" Babatunde
    An tall, weathered man in his sixties, Doc Ayo combines a sharp psycho-analytical mind with a soft touch.

Spoiler: Science
    Show

Department Head: Commander T'Loran
    (see above)

Lt Phlal
    Lt Phlal is a level-headed but friendly Denobulan. She's actually much better at managing teams and organising logistics than she is at actual research, which has naturally let to her to absorbing some of Commander T'Loran's departmental administrative duties. Phlal is warm and approachable but has little time for the overly emotional.

Lt. Gullerg Wekrer
    Lt. Wekrer is an able and very intelligent Tellarite, accomplished in a variety of scientific fields. He works hard and plays hard, having an entirely deserved reputation as a loud and boisterous party animal.

Lt. (jg) Tavath Johl
    Lt. Johl serves as the ship's geological expert. An outspoken, well-built, eruite, atheist Bajoran, Tavath can usually be found in the gymnasium or leading the ship's bi-weekly debate club.

Ensign Zyle Qiathan
    Ensign Qiathan is a supportive and attractive young Andorian. Her cheery personality wins her many friends, but a lack of care has annoyed her superiors - her reports often have to be rejected for unchecked errors and inconsistancies.

Spoiler: Security/Tactical
    Show

Department Head: Lt. Commander Jost Hofmeister
    Lt. Commander Hofmeister
    A bold and confident commander, Hofmeister works hard to encourage and support his subordinates. He has little taste for personal combat, usually delegating the security aspects of his job to his lieutenants. He is an unparalled expert in ship-to-ship or ship-to-ground combat and always seems to have firing solutions on hand for any situation.

Lt. Katrell Blanc
    Lt. Blanc is serious and focused officer, but

Lt. Kor
    (see above)

Lt. Robert Tomasson
    Lt. Tomasson is sharp-witted and quick. His love of contact sports makes him a regular visitor to medbay.

Lt. (jg) Paschalis Argyris
    Lt. Argyris is a charming and intellectual student of the classics. Whilst performing satisfactorally under combat conditions, he has displayed a glory-seeking attitude that has his superiors concerned.

Ensign Azat Kayode
    Ensign Kayode is enthusiastic and energetic. He is well-versed in tactical theory, but lacks any actual combat experience.

USS Bernard
    Systems
    Comms
    Engines
    Structure
    Computers
    Sensors
    Weapons

Departments
    Command
    Security
    Science
    Conn
    Engineering
    Medicine

Scale 05 Resistance 05 Shields 12 Power 10 Crew_Support 05

Weaponry: Phaser Banks (Damage 8, Medium Range, Versatile 2), Photon Torpedoes (Damage 5, Long Range, High Yield), Tractor Beam (Strength 4)
    Talents: Advanced Sickbay, Extensive Shuttlebays, Improved Impulse Drive, Rugged Design, Secondary Reactors
    Traits: Federation Starship, Long-Serving
    Mission Profile: Crisis & Emergency Response
    Last edited by More of That; 2017-09-07 at 03:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Star Trek Adventures] USS Bernard: Mission to Corachaidd

Captain Vrelek Thran reporting for duty assignment as commanding officer of the USS Bernard. Computer, note the time and transfer all command codes.

(Couldn't resist ;) )

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Lt. Yvonne Dobson reporting for duty in Engineering!

Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show
    Lt. Yvonne Dobson

BACKSTORY
    Yvonne Dobson was not born on Earth or on a colony, but rather among the stars. Her home for most of her youth was aboard the 'Venture', a very small trading vessel her parents owned that had been converted from an old garbage scow. She learned a lot about spaceships during that time as the family traveled from planet to planet, sometimes hauling cargo and sometimes selling goods. Her father, William Dobson, was the smooth talker who handled negotiations with potential partners while her mother, Marianne, handled the heavy lifting and taking care of the Venture.

Through both necessity and an intense interest in the subject, Yvonne learned all about how to keep a ship going when spare parts just weren't an option. Sometimes that meant scavenging or removing components from non-essential systems to keep the very much essential systems running. Sometimes it meant coming up with an unorthodox solution on the fly. While her mother taught everything she knew to Yvonne about repairing a spaceship, it didn't take long for the student to become the master.

And though the Venture had been her home, the older Yvonne got, the smaller it seemed that little scow seemed to become. She wanted to travel, she wanted to explore the stars and see all the amazing things that were out there. It was no wonder then that she wanted to join Starfleet. Over the years, her parents had saved up a tidy little sum that they could retire on, taking Yvonne to the nearest Starfleet Recruitment Center before finding a quiet colony to enjoy the fruits of their years of hard work.

While her general education was lacking in a few places, Yvonne's raw potential, particularly with engineering matters, was enough to convince the Academy's recruiters to give her a chance. Fully aware of the risk being taken with her, she made every effort to prove her worth in Starfleet Academy. During that time, she more than impressed her instructors on several occasions. Once, during a seemingly routine run aboard a training vessel, the ship suffered a nearly catastrophic system failure. With some quick thinking, Yvonne was able to keep the warp engine from going critical and prevent a disaster.

At the Academy, Yvonne developed the nickname of "Chopper" due to her penchant for taking apart old, discarded, or replaced equipment to construct useful devices or upgrades to existing systems. Apart from her studies, Yvonne also found opportunity to engage in extracurricular activities like wrestling, gymnastics, as well as practicing her mother's martial arts training in the Savate club. Despite a few dangerous situations, nothing too unusual for Starfleet Academy's training, Yvonne has recently graduated and eagerly awaits to see what ship she will be assigned to.

VALUES
    My Starship Is My Home, Machines Speak To Me, Inexperienced and Idealistic, [To Be Determined]

ATTRIBUTES
    Control: 11
    Daring: 10
    Fitness: 10
    Insight: 8
    Presence: 10
    Reason: 7

DISCIPLINES
    Command: 2
    Conn: 2
    Engineering: 4
    Security: 3
    Science: 3
    Medicine: 2

FOCI
    Hand-to-Hand Combat
    Improvisation
    Invention
    Power Systems
    Warp Engines
    Warp Field Dynamics

TALENTS
    I Know My Ship
    In The Nick Of Time
    Jury-Rig
    Untapped Potential

Spoiler: Lifepath
    Show
    Race: Human (+1 Daring, +1 Fitness, +1 Presence)
    Environment: Starship Or Starbase (+1 Control, +1 Engineering)
    Upbringing: Business Or Trade (+1 Daring, +2 Presence, +1 Command)
    Starfleet Academy: Operations Track (+2 Control, +1 Daring, +2 Engineering, +1 Security, +1 Science)
    Career: Young Officer (Untapped Potential Talent)
    Career Event 1: Solved An Engineering Crisis (+1 Control, +1 Engineering)
    Career Event 2: Breakthrough Or Invention (+1 Fitness, +1 Engineering)
    Finishing Touches: +1 Fitness, +1 Insight, +1 Conn, +1 Medicine
    Last edited by Lexiconjurer; 2017-08-29 at 06:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

BlueKnightGuy

Lt. Kor, reporting for duty.

Spoiler: Kor - House of Grilka
    Show

Name: Kor of House Grilka

Stress: 14
    Damage bonus: 4

Attributes-
    Control: 8
    Daring: 11
    Fitness: 10
    Instinct: 9
    Presence: 11
    Reason: 7

Disciplines-
    Command: 3
    Conn: 3
    Engineering: 3
    Security: 4
    Science: 1
    Medicine: 2

Traits:
    -Klingon

Values:
    No stranger to violence, Always prepared-Always vigilant, Ever forward, My honor is my life.

Focus:
    Linguistics, Hand phasers, Hand-to-Hand combat, Shipboard tactical systems, Emergency medicine, Survival.

Talents:
    Mean Right Hook (p137), Proud and Honorable (p103), Untapped Potential (p118), Personal Effects (p136).

Gear:
    Uniforms, Communicator, Tricorder, Phaser Type-2, Batleth, Mek'leth (short sword)
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2017-08-29 at 05:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Lt. Commander T'Loran is totally ready to be First Officer of this fine ship (and actually ready to take charge of it's science department )
    Spoiler: Lifepath
    Show

Species: Vulcan (Because how could I not submit one to a ship with an Andorian captain?)
    +1 Control, Fitness and Reason
    Trait: Vulcan
    Talent: Mind-Meld

Environment: Another Species' Homeworld (Andoria)
    +1 Presence
    +1 Command
    Value: It won't kill me to show a little emotion now and then...

Upbringing: Diplomacy & Politics (Rebelled)
    +1 Fitness, +2 Reason
    +1 Conn
    Focus: Composure
    Talent: Vulcan Nerve Pinch

Starfleet Academy (Science Track)
    Value: Nothing is truly inexplicable!
    +1 Control, Presence, Reason
    +2 Science, +1 Engineering, Command
    Focus: Computers
    Focus: Debate
    Focus: Astrophysics
    Talent: Intense Scrutiny

Career: Experienced Officer
    Value: Logic is the beginning of Wisdom
    Talent: Collaboration

Career Event 1: Learns Unique Language
    +1 Insight
    +1 Science
    Focus: Mathematics

Career Event 2: Betrayed Ideals for a Superior
    +1 Presence
    +1 Command
    Focus: Investigation

Finishing Touches:
    Value: We're out here to learn
    +1 Reason, Control
    +1 Science, Conn

Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show

Personality: Mostly 'Vulcan', but with the default behavior changed from 'blank, logical, stoic' to 'faintly amused, logical, stoic'. It's probably quite jarring to see a Vulcan sport a faint grin... but contrary to popular belief, the act of smiling doesn't make them melt!
    Appearance: T'Loran appears to be a heavily tanned Caucasian woman. In truth, she's quite pale by her family's standards - growing up on Andoria rather than Vulcan left it's mark on her. Due to Vulcan longevity, she also looks a lot younger than she is - humans who don't check the rank pips (or first see her out of uniform) will often mistake the Lieutenant Commander (in her 40s) for an Ensign (in her 20s).

T'Loran is 1.9m tall and very slim - between their more-powerful-for-their-size muscles and high Will Saves vs Snack Food, Vulcans tend to be slimmer on average than similarly built humans anyway. Her hair is dark, wavy, and rather abruptly cut off just above the shoulders. It's typically worn loose, leaving it free to cover her ears.

Relationships:
    Rank and Role: Lt. Commander, Ops Officer (probably also doubles up as 1st officer, looking at the relative ranks of the other active-duty members of the bridge crew, but her primary role will be Ops)

Control 10
    Daring 7
    Fitness 9
    Insight 8
    Presence 10
    Reason 12

Command 4
    Conn 3
    Engineering 2
    Security 1
    Science 5
    Medicine 1

Focuses:
    • Composure
    • Computers
    • Debate
    • Astrophysics
    • Mathematics
    • Investigation

Talents:
    • Mind-Meld
    • Vulcan Nerve Pinch
    • Intense Scrutiny
    • Collaboration

Values:
    • It won't kill me to show a little emotion now and then...
    • Nothing is truly inexplicable.
    • Logic is the beginning of Wisdom.
    • We're out here to learn.

Last edited by whoiam; 2017-09-07 at 03:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Dr. Alexandra Lee reporting for duty in Medical.

Will update with sheets shortly - not in a position to do it right now
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2017-08-30 at 04:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

EarthenRite, spinningdice, could you post your charsheets for me?

8. - Top - End - #8

Beholder

Capt. Vrelek Thran, Andorian
    Spoiler
    Show

Control - 12
    Daring - 10
    Fitness - 8
    Insight - 7
    Presence - 11
    Reason - 8

Command - 5
    Conn - 4
    Engineering - 1
    Security - 4
    Science - 1
    Medicine - 1

Talents: Follow My Lead (p.142), Quick to Action (p.143), Dauntless (p.143), Proud and Honorable (Andorian Talent)

Foci: Composure, Diplomacy, Evasive Action, Starfleet Protocols, Lead by Example, Combat Tactics

Values: My word is everything, Take pride in everything you do, Leave no one behind, Adaptation is the key to survival

Brief History: (not elaborated)
    - busy colony
    - diplomacy and political upbringing
    - command track
    - experienced officer
    - required to take command
    - developed a new battle strategy
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2017-09-01 at 07:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Needless to say, I'm taking on the five of you as players.

Do you want me to populate the upper ranks of the crew a bit? Yvonne's backstory and Kor's exchange officer status demand superiors in Engineering and Security, at least.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by More of That View Post

Do you want me to populate the upper ranks of the crew a bit? Yvonne's backstory and Kor's exchange officer status demand superiors in Engineering and Security, at least.
    I'm fine with that. I figured that was gonna be the case anyhow.

11. - Top - End - #11

BlueKnightGuy

That's perfectly fine with me.
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2017-09-01 at 01:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

In that case, I may promote T'Loran to full Commander, so the other department heads can be Lieutenant Commanders without threatening her spot as First Officer

EarthenRite: I counted the stats for each character - Cap'n Thran seems to be 2 attribute and 2 department points short compared to the others.

As to why I noticed that: Behold, the comparison table!

Character Control Daring Fitness Insight Presence Reason Command Conn Engineering Security Science Medicine
    Captain Vrelek Thran 11 10 7 7 11 8 5 3 1 3 1 1
    Commander T'Loran 10 7 9 8 10 12 4 3 2 1 5 1
    Lieutenant Dobson 11 10 10 8 10 7 2 2 4 3 3 2
    Lieutenant Kor 8 11 10 9 11 7 3 3 3 4 1 2
    Dr (Lieutenant) Alexandra Lee 10 8 8 10 9 11 4 1 1 2 3 5

13. - Top - End - #13

Beholder

It's the weirdest thing I follow the instructions but I always seem to be two points short in chargen. Ah well - I shall place them!

Edit: 1 point to each of Control, Fitness, Conn and Security
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2017-09-01 at 07:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

BlueKnightGuy

I hope everything is okay.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

I am struggling with some of the finer details of the system.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Talk'em out with us? I mean, the system's so new we're all figuring it out as we go. Might as well do it together

And on another note, I was thinking of throwing up a temp IC thread. Just something to let the soon-to-be-bridge-crew get acquainted with one another before we begin our tour together... what's everyone think?

17. - Top - End - #17

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Talk'em out with us? I mean, the system's so new we're all figuring it out as we go. Might as well do it together

And on another note, I was thinking of throwing up a temp IC thread. Just something to let the soon-to-be-bridge-crew get acquainted with one another before we begin our tour together... what's everyone think?
    That could be rather interesting. I had some ideas for some holodeck recreation Vrelek might participate in.

18. - Top - End - #18

BlueKnightGuy

I agree, let's learn the system as a group.

I'm all for the IC thread

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, I've put up an IC thread.

Our heroes are relaxing with a round of cards in the Officer's Lounge. They haven't even heard of Corachaidd yet.

20. - Top - End - #20

Beholder

I am greatly enjoying the officer's lounge, but I was wondering when the mission would begin?

21. - Top - End - #21

It looks as though More of That hasn't been active in over ten days. I think this may unfortunately be dead.

22. - Top - End - #22

Beholder

Damn...well, who is still around? Can we do a "roll call"? If you're still interested in playing, check in here. Maybe I'll step in if everyone agrees to help me out since it would be my first time running a Star Trek game.

23. - Top - End - #23

BlueKnightGuy

I'm still here

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Pretty sure it would be everyone's first time... but yeah, I'm still here

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

So, Earthenrite, do you feel brave enough to try it? And for that matter, should we give spinningdice a kick, try and get our Doctor back?

26. - Top - End - #26

BlueKnightGuy

I'm definitely still here. I hope this game goes on.