A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

    Found another one of Olov's spells while going through an old notebook, along with the metamagic feat it eventually turned into. As always PEACH.

    Olov's No Show
    Illusion
    Level:
    Sor/Wiz 3, Cleric 3
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: Swift or Full Round
    Duration: Permanent
    Range: Close (25'+5'/level)
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No
    With this spell you mark another spell with a duration besides instantaneous. The spell is now invisible, to both sight and magic.
    This spell makes the effects of any one spell invisible, and makes it so that a detect spell does not detect as magic, and even true seeing does not penetrate this spell's effect unless the caster succeeds on a Spellcraft check (DC 25), but for some reason Olov deicded to let see invisibility pierce the spell. This spell can be applied to a spell as it is cast in which case it's a swift action or it can be cast as a full round action to add it to a preexisting spell. If this spell is not the caster's then it takes a spellcraft check (10+spell level) to do so. Spells that rely on sight to affect a creature do not function with this applied, and other senses are not affected, so a wall of fire still emanates heat, if a spelll is audible you can still hear it and so on.

    Stealthy Spell
    Prerequisites: Spellcraft 9 ranks
    Benefits: When you cast a spell with this metamagic feat applied it does not show up as magical to effects such as detect magic, and its effects are invisible. In addition true seeing doesn't see through it. A stealthy spell takes up a slot 1 level higher.

    Unlike the spell the metamagic feat could not be applied afterwards.
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-08-31 at 08:24 AM.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    jqavins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Howard, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

    This has comic applications, such as applying it to illusions.
    -- Joe
    “Shared pain is diminished. Shared joy is increased.”
    -- Spider Roninson

    Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.
    You are completely welcome to use anything I post here, or I wouldn't post it.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vancouver <-> Dublin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Found another one of Olov's spells while going through an old notebook, along with the metamagic feat it eventually turned into. As always PEACH.

    Olov's No Show
    Divination
    Level:
    Sor/Wiz 3, Cleric 3
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: Free or Full Round
    Duration: Permanent
    Range: Close (25'+5'/level)
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No
    With this spell you mark another spell with a duration besides instantaneous. The spell is now invisible, to both sight and magic.
    This spell makes the effects of any one spell invisible, and makes it so that a detect spell does not detect as magic, and even true seeing does not penetrate this spell's effect. This spell can be applied to a spell as it is cast in which case it's a free action or it can be cast as a full round action to add it to a preexisting spell. If this spell is not the caster's then it takes a spellcraft check (10+spell level) to do so.

    Stealthy Spell
    Prerequisites: Spellcraft 9 ranks
    Benefits: When you cast a spell with this metamagic feat applied it does not show up as magical to effects such as detect magic, and its effects are invisible. In addition true seeing doesn't see through it. A stealthy spell takes up a slot 2 levels higher.

    Unlike the spell the metamagic feat could not be applied afterwards.
    Olov's No-Show essentially duplicates the Invisible Spell metamagic feat, but that spell is non-Core and hardly overpowered so that's fine. What's the material component?

    Similarly, Stealthy Spell could be a +1 metamagic adjustment (or less, it's far from a broken effect!).

    Many RP applications, yes - the classic combat application is an invisible fog cloud against a creature with see invisibility - you and your allies can see fine but the creature is blinded by its own cleverness :D
    Last edited by rferries; 2017-08-30 at 07:38 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

    Quote Originally Posted by jqavins View Post
    This has comic applications, such as applying it to illusions.

    Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Olov's No-Show essentially duplicates the Invisible Spell metamagic feat, but that spell is non-Core and hardly overpowered so that's fine. What's the material component?

    Similarly, Stealthy Spell could be a +1 metamagic adjustment (or less, it's far from a broken effect!).

    Many RP applications, yes - the classic combat application is an invisible fog cloud against a creature with see invisibility - you and your allies can see fine but the creature is blinded by its own cleverness :D
    Yeah, I used invisible spell so much that the DM just gave all his NPC's detect magic at will thus this was born Changed stealthy to +1
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  5. - Top - End - #5

    Default Re: Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

    As Olov's No Show does hide something, and even make it invisible....it might work better as an illusion spell.

    And ''swift actions'' are normal for such effects, not ''free action's''

    Blocking True Seeing for a 3rd level spell is a bit much.....maybe at least make this a caster check. And does see invisibility reveal the spell?

    And you might need a note of ''a visual spell made invisible will not function'' unless you want the wacky stuff that will make.

    And maybe note that you'd say feel the heat from a 'no show' Wall of Fire....unless you want to say this spell blocks that too. (but not the damage, of course, wink wink)

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

    I ran through a number of things that I thought would be hilarious, and my favorite I think would be Grease... XD Think about it in a market somewhere XD A rogue with a good Reflex saves could make a nice little proffit from people preocupied with bumping into eachother and trying tnot to fall and don't know why they can't get footing XD

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Olov's No Show & related metamagic feat (Spell and Feat)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    As Olov's No Show does hide something, and even make it invisible....it might work better as an illusion spell.

    And ''swift actions'' are normal for such effects, not ''free action's''

    Blocking True Seeing for a 3rd level spell is a bit much.....maybe at least make this a caster check. And does see invisibility reveal the spell?

    And you might need a note of ''a visual spell made invisible will not function'' unless you want the wacky stuff that will make.

    And maybe note that you'd say feel the heat from a 'no show' Wall of Fire....unless you want to say this spell blocks that too. (but not the damage, of course, wink wink)
    Added
    Quote Originally Posted by AOKost View Post
    I ran through a number of things that I thought would be hilarious, and my favorite I think would be Grease... XD Think about it in a market somewhere XD A rogue with a good Reflex saves could make a nice little proffit from people preocupied with bumping into eachother and trying tnot to fall and don't know why they can't get footing XD
    How about wall of iron XP
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •