Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016

    Default Oath of the Storm

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...poPAfBk6LTXMIs

    A homebrew paladin for my friend, based on using the sky rather than the forest to attack your foes. I modeled this pretty heavily off of the Oath of the Ancients and the Tempest Domain for Clerics. As always, any suggestions or criticisms would be greatly appreciated. And if you like this, feel free to check out some of my other homebrew classes.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Sariel Vailo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Underdark
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    Id use it and its great a neutal paladin.very nice
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    Not to necro this thread or anything, but got directed here from a list of homebrew oaths in another thread. The link isn't working, saying the document has been trashed by the owner. Have you updated this oath somewhere and uploaded the new copy somewhere, or is this oath gone for good?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepIncarnate View Post
    Not to necro this thread or anything, but got directed here from a list of homebrew oaths in another thread. The link isn't working, saying the document has been trashed by the owner. Have you updated this oath somewhere and uploaded the new copy somewhere, or is this oath gone for good?
    On Chrome I got the option to make a copy, so if you want that version, here's a new link:

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

    Its obviously not mine but the OP's creation, and I can't guarantee it'll remain up forever either, so I suggest saving a copy for your own use.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    On Chrome I got the option to make a copy, so if you want that version, here's a new link:

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

    Its obviously not mine but the OP's creation, and I can't guarantee it'll remain up forever either, so I suggest saving a copy for your own use.
    Awesome, thanks! Was able to do that with Firefox on my home computer, just wasn't able to do it with Chrome on my phone, apparently. Really glad to be able to, as I was able to read the tenets from behind the "trashed" message, and I really wanted to see more as I really liked them.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepIncarnate View Post
    Not to necro this thread or anything, but got directed here from a list of homebrew oaths in another thread. The link isn't working, saying the document has been trashed by the owner. Have you updated this oath somewhere and uploaded the new copy somewhere, or is this oath gone for good?
    Hiya! Sorry about the confusion. I ended up trashing the document awhile back. My drive was getting too cluttered with homebrew and I didnít like a lot of it. This was something that ended up being deleted, I think because I saw too many balancing issues with it. That said, I saw that some other people salvaged it, so I hope you enjoy! Could you link me to the list you found this in by chance?
    Feel free to google me.

    Link to Aster's Arcane Atlas: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post23507367

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    The list can be found here. Enjoy!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    Also, I think it's a pity that you chose to get rid of it. While I agree that it needed some work on the mechanics, I think it's the best storm paladin thematically. You took that concept of "sure, evil turns upon itself, but so does good" that we so rarely see, and made it a core part of the oath, not just making another absolutely good no matter what paladin.

    Witg your permission, I might try to recreate the oath mechanics wise while still keeping the RP aspects the same.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016

    Default Re: Oath of the Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepIncarnate View Post
    Also, I think it's a pity that you chose to get rid of it. While I agree that it needed some work on the mechanics, I think it's the best storm paladin thematically. You took that concept of "sure, evil turns upon itself, but so does good" that we so rarely see, and made it a core part of the oath, not just making another absolutely good no matter what paladin.

    Witg your permission, I might try to recreate the oath mechanics wise while still keeping the RP aspects the same.
    By all means! I don't have any plans on revisiting it, so feel free to edit and create as much as you want with it.
    Feel free to google me.

    Link to Aster's Arcane Atlas: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post23507367

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •