Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [OoC] Digimon: Recollection

Alright, a couple of things. 1) Please repost your character here. 2) I'm not sure how clear I was in the recruitment, but you control your digimon and they are appearing in front of you right now, so go roleplay their introduction. 3) your digimon has no memories before now, except for that they came from a bad world.

I'm sure I've forgotten 50 million things, so don't hesitate to tell me what I've messed up.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [OoC] Digimon: Recollection

reposting the things

google docs sheet link (even if just for my own personal reference)

Spoiler: Character Sheet: Chris Winchester
    Show
    =Tamer=
    Name: Chris Winchester
    Image:

-Stats-
    Agility: 4
    Body: 5
    Intelligence: 4
    Charisma: 3
    Willpower: 2

-Skills-
    Dodge: 2 / Fight: 2 / Stealth: 0
    Athletics: 4 / Endurance: 0 / Feats of Strength: 4
    Manipulate: 0 / Perform: 0 / Persuade: 1
    Computer: 0 / Survival: 2 / Knowledge: 1
    Perception: 2 / Decipher Intent: 0 / Bravery: 2

-Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 6 spaces
    Accuracy: 6 / Dodge: 6
    Armor: 5 / Damage: 7

-Aspects and Torments-
    Major Aspect: Rough around the edges: Appears and acts in a manner found be some to be scary, whether intentionally or not. Gains advantage in attempts to intimidate, but struggles when trying to bond with others
    Minor Aspect: Look out for the little guy: An almost instinctual urge to protect those who he sees as weaker. Bonuses when acting to protect another of lesser stature and strength, but takes penalties in situations when forced to go against someone of that description.
    Major Torment: Fear of the dark: Bumping into the body of your dead brother in a dark room doesn't do ones psyche any good. Suffers of a nigh-crippling fear of the dark, and in particular dark, enclosed spaces.
    [X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Minor Torment: Lonely: Fears being alone, craving company and attention. Triggers when left alone for extended periods of time
    [X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Sanity Drain: 0
    Inspiration: 1/2

Spoiler: Character Sheet: Rei
    Show
    =Partner= Standard Progression: Budmon > Kunemon > Yanmamon > Jewelbeemon > BanchoStingmon
    =Rookie Stage=
    Name: Kunemon
    Nickname: Rei
    Image: http://imgur.com/Vl2SjY9
    Size: Small
    -Stats-
    Health: 4
    Accuracy: 3
    Dodge: 3
    Armor: 2
    Damage: 2
    -Qualities-
    Extra movement [Wallclimber] – digimon can climb on wall, but not on ceilings
    Attack Effect [Poison] – Poison Ride
    Attack Effect [stun] – Electric Thread
    Area Attack – Line: Electric Thread
    Data Optimization: Effect Warrior – Gain +1 to base spec values, but -2 to armor.
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 6
    Agility: 3 / Body: 4 / Brains: 4
    Bit: 2 / CPU: 2 / RAM: 2
    -Attacks-
    Electric Thread: [ranged][line 7][damage][stun]
    Poison Ride: [melee][damage][poison]

=In-Training Stage=
    Name: Budmon
    Size: small
    -Stats-
    Health: 2
    Accuracy: 1
    Dodge: 1
    Armor: 1
    Damage: 1
    -Qualities-
    Attack Effect [Poison] – Poison thorns
    Extra movement [flight] – digimon is capable of flight
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 4
    Agility: 1 / Body: 3 / Brains: 1
    Bit: 0 / CPU: 0 / RAM: 0
    -Attacks-
    Poison Thorns: [ranged][poison]
    Thorn Tackle: [melee][damage]

=Champion Stage=
    Name: Yanmamon
    Size: Medium
    -Stats-
    Health: 6
    Accuracy: 5
    Armor: 4
    Damage: 3
    -Qualities-
    Extra movement [flight] – digimon is capable of flight
    Combat Monster – Damage bonus equal to damage taken since last successful hit.
    Berserker – gains rage meter that starts at 2, can be activated as simple action. Succesful attack adds +1 to rage memter, missed attack adds +2, being hit by attack adds +2. Gain armor and damage bonus equal to rage. Goes berserk at rage 12
    Attack Effect [Stun] – Thunder Ray
    Attack Effect [Weaken] – Insect Om
    Area Attack – Burst: Insect Om
    Armor Piercing Rank 2 – Sonic Bite
    Data Optimization: Effect Warrior – Gain +1 to base spec values, but -2 to armor.
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 8
    Agility: 4 / Body: 8 / Brains: 7
    Bit: 3 / CPU: 3 / RAM: 3
    Sonic Jaws: [Melee][Damage][Armor Piercing 3]
    Thunder Ray: [Ranged][Damage][Stun]
    Insect Om: [Burst 7][Weaken]

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Firstborn child of a working class family from Mill Valley, California. Chris' early years were largely uneventful aside from the birth of his younger brother Jerry around the time he was three. He made friends with some other local kids, and at quite young age discovered a love for the outdoors. Generally rather outgoing and athletic, Chris was decently popular among classmates. His brother Jerry was an almost literal opposite, an asthmatic bookworm who always seemed to have a stick for a body, no matter how much he ate. Where Chris got along well, Jerry became a prime target for constant and escalating bullying. Chris would be there when he could to defend his younger sibling, but unfortunately for both, he couldn't always be there.

For time, the bullying seemed to cease, and Chris would focus more on his studies. Then one day, when Chris was fifteen, Jerry had remained home due to being sick, and both parents had work on that day, but a next-door neighbor had agreed to look after Jerry. The day was much like any other, only Chris got out of school a little earlier as a teacher was absent and no substitute could be arranged. When he came home, Chris was surprised to find the entire house completely dark. He would go about, turning on the lights, and calling out to Jerry to see if he was awake, but received no answer. Only when he came to his and Jerry's room, attempting to turn on the light blew a fuse. Not deterred, he simply stepped into the darkened room in order to open blinds of the window. but inside he bumped against... something. His hand had reached up to try and figure out what, and as his eyes grew accustomed to the dark enough for him to just make out what it was before him. Stepping away, he stepped on something, and stumbled. Falling over, he tried to grasp onto something, accidentally pulling the entire blinds assembly right off the window, just to illuminate the lifeless body of his brother, hanging from the roof on a length of rope.

It was ruled a suicide with unknown cause, as there was no suicide note, or anything pointing to it. Well, there had been a note, one Chris found, but one he never revealed to others. Turns out a group of bullies had been making Jerry's life hell, blackmailing him with all manner of awful things that they would do if he talked. Something in Chris snapped that day, he grew... cold. The bullies would all find themselves on the receiving ends of some rather horrible "accidents". But where their bones might have healed, Chris' heart did not. His family would later on move to San Francisco. Life went on, until one day Chris found himself at Japanese tea garden in Golden Gate Park, invited by Timothy. Waiting for his friend to arrive, he would absentmindedly cradle an old scuffed up MP3 player in one hand, A memento of Jerry, that he almost always had within hand's reach.

=Minor Characters=
    Jerry Winchester- Younger brother, died by suicide at age twelve.
    Katherine and Clyde Winchester- Mother and Father, 38 and 42 respectively. Katherine works full-time as a nurse, Clyde as a construction worker. Still haven't gotten over Jerry's suicide, which puts strain on their relationship with Chris.
    Timothy Weiss- A 16 year old boy of german ancestry who attends the same school as Chris. Seen as weird by some, he has an unusual sense of humor, one that has proven quite capable of making Chris laugh. Extremely tolerant of Chris' at times abrasive attitude, and the closest friend he has.
    Billy, Cassidy, and Henry- a trio of 15 year-olds, the bullies responsible for the torment that led to Jerry's suicide. Don't attend the same school as Chris, but tend to avoid him like the plague should they encounter him. Unbeknownst to Chris, the trio is plotting revenge for the injuries they suffered at his hands.

Spoiler: Personalities
    Show
    Chris: At first glance, seems like a no-nonsense silent type who shrugs off attempts to get close with him. Doesn't take well to pestering behavior, and fairly qquick to anger, and has been known to lash out. Even when calm he tends to be rather abrasive in his behavior. Under all this, there lies a certain protective instinct, a desire to protect the weak. He has some difficulty believing in the strength of others, and as a result can come off as a little overbearing.

Rei: A free spirit and something of a prankster. This little 'mon rarely lets something hold him down for long. Somewhat lazy, he shrugs off doing things he dislikes on the grounds of "there's always tomorrow, I'll do it then". Rei craves the proverbial spotlight, which in part has to do with his penchant for playing pranks on others, as he hopes these pranks would earn him the attention his meager frame and similarly meager strength usually denies.
    Last edited by dethkruzer; 2017-09-30 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

and then that perception check:
    (3d6+4)[19]

Should we pick speaking colors for our tamers and/or digimon?
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    and then that perception check:
    [roll0]

Should we pick speaking colors for our tamers and/or digimon?
    Please do!
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Evie will speak in Blue and Rabu will talk in Blue italics to avoid taking up too many colours. scratch that, a conversation between them will look awful. Rabu will speak in Brown if it's not too hard to read.

Spoiler: Character Sheet: Evie List
    Show
    =Tamer=
    Name: Evie List
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

-Stats-
    Body: 4
    Willpower: 5

-Skills-
    Dodge: 3 / Fight: 0 / Stealth: 2
    Athletics: 1 / Endurance: 1 / Feats of Strength: 0
    Manipulate: 0 / Perform: 0 / Persuade: 0
    Computer: 1 / Survival: 2 / Knowledge: 3
    Perception: 5 / Decipher Intent: 0 / Bravery: 2

-Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 6 spaces
    Accuracy: 4 / Dodge: 7
    Armor: 5 / Damage: 4

-Aspects and Torments-
    Major Aspect: This can be overcome! - Evie is optimistic that there is always a way of solving a problem or dealing with an issue, even if others can't see it. Evie is hard to phase, but she is not good at getting out of trouble before things get worse.
    Minor Aspect: Life's a puzzle - Evie is good at solving puzzles and working out why thinks work the way they work, but she can get distracted by such things and may miss what else is going on (or that her friends are in danger!)
    Major Torment: Isolated - Evie struggles to bond with others and make attachments, and struggles to understand the behaviour of others. Will frequently misconstrue disagreements as full on arguments, and from there on think she is despised.
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Inspiration: 1/7

Spoiler: Character Sheet: Rabu
    Show
    Intraining - Tokomon -> Bearmon -> Frigimon -> Pandamon -> Gallantmon
    =Rookie Stage=
    Name: Bearmon
    Nickname: Rabu
    Image:
    -Stats-
    Health: 4
    Accuracy: 4
    Dodge: 2
    Armor: 3
    -Qualities-
    Speedy - increase movement by 2
    Data Optimization: Brawler - The Digimon gains a +2 bonus to all checks it makes when Clashing. In addition, it is treated as if it were one Size Class larger when Clashing. Gigantic Digimon with Brawler Optimization gain a flat +4 to all checks it makes while Clashing.
    Pack Master - All Allies within the Digimon’s Ranged
    Burst Radius (1+Bit Value Doubled), gain a +2
    Accuracy bonus per Rank the Digimon has in
    this Quality.
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Agility: 3 / Body: 5 / Brains: 5
    Bit: 1 / CPU: 1 / RAM: 1
    -Attacks-
    Bear Roll: melee, charge, damage
    Roar of the Wild: Area (Cone), effect [Fear]

Spoiler
    Show
    Rabu is a teenager by Digimon standards: he has seen some of the world, but not a great deal, and has learned to protect the younger digimon.

Rabu is quiet and reserved, but is unyielding when he knows what is right. Loud characters can make him uncomfortable, and those who do not appreciate being calm. He will be somewhat parental towards Evie. Staunchly loyal, he would die to protect his friends.

Show
    My name is Evie List. Well it's Evelyn Rose List, but I call myself Evie. People on the internet shorten it to Evie, and I think it sounds better, you know, nicer and easier to like. No one likes someone called Evelyn. She sounds boring.

I grew up in San Francisco with mom and dad and Lizzie, my older sister, and Frank, our dog. It's nice, and sometimes quite loud, and I don't have a lot of friends. My parents say it's because I'm different, but I think it's because people are weird. It's easier sometimes to just sit on my own with a book, or with Frank.

My mom likes me to stay with her, partly to protect me I think, but also because I get into lots of trouble. Sometimes it's because I say something accidentally, but other times it's because I deliberately put my foot in it. I just find it hard to back down, when someone's pressuring you, you know? Mom says I've got my dad's stubbornness. He say's I've got mom's temper.

- What does your character look like? Do they have any distinguishing features? Evie's a medium sized, brown-haired girl that wears clothing that doesn't stand out. She would much rather wear a jumper than stilettos.
    - What is your character’s home life like? What are their parents like? What are their siblings like? Kind parents, and a capable older sister who she looks up to. Lizzie is about to go off to college and everyone is very proud. Evie still somewhat baffles her parents with her odd ways and the way she gets fixated on things.
    - Is your character religious or superstitious in any way? No
    - Even if your character doesn’t excel at school, do/did they have a favorite subject? Evie is quite good academically, and her favourite subjects are sciences and computing.
    - Does your character have hobbies or activities that they participate in? Clubs, charities, teams? Evie loves to read in her spare time, and does some track and running events with the school, but she's not their best competitor. Evie volunteers for an animal charity in the summer.
    - Is there anything your character fears, or anything that causes them anxiety? Social interaction, disappointing her sister and parents.
    - Try to name three items which your character would always have in their pocket or backpack. A book, probably on natural history or a history or fiction book. A pen and paper to write down what she's thinking about if she can't express herself. Her phone with music on: she likes to listen to music to help her focus, though she isn't good at playing music herself.
    - Does your character have a special talent or skill? Solving puzzles.
    - How does your character view themselves? Is it realistic? Skewed? Good? Bad? Evie optimistically over estimates her own abilities a small amount, though she is candid about her flaws. This leads her to getting in to trouble she thought she could get out of.
    - If your party is in a life threatening situation, how does your character react? By staring it down and telling it no.

Piece of technology: As above, her phone with it's library of music to help her focus and calm.

Bonds: Cedric James - Evie's friend from her first school. He's moved away back to England, but they keep in touch over the internet and let each other know what they're doing. He's said he's going to join the army, but he's quite quiet and softly spoken, like Evie, so she can't really imagine it. Evie thinks that she might have a crush on him, like the other girls talk about.
    Elizabeth (Lizzie) List - Evie's older sister is going to college to become a doctor. She's smart and well liked, but always has time for her sister. They long ago worked out their differences, and now only support each other.
    Richard Wielder - The smartest boy in the class, and also the popular one. He uses his popularity to ridicule Evie, as their is a hint of rivalry between the two of them. He isn't cruel, but doesn't like his position being challenged by a misfit.

Golden Gate Park: Getting away from the hubbub of the city, taking time to think. Probably reading or walking Frank.

And the first skill check of the game: (3d6+10)[21]
    Last edited by dmarks; 2017-09-05 at 12:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I'll pick.... Goldenrod for Chris and a nice Plum for Rei

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

so two more quesitons: Can we assume that the monster that just showed up is our 'mon, and does said 'mon recognize us?

Also, are digimon a thing that is known of in this timeline?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Why am I still awake?
    so two more quesitons: Can we assume that the monster that just showed up is our 'mon, and does said 'mon recognize us?

Also, are digimon a thing that is known of in this timeline?
    Yes, that is exactly what's going on. I mean, they recognize you to the extent of any first digimon-human interaction. They don't know your name automatically, but they know that the two of you are a bonded pair.

And no they are not. Not even as toys or anything.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

9. - Top - End - #9

PirateWench

Hopefully my intro doesn't come across as the wrong tone (it's more season 1 or 2 than Tamers), but there are some ridiculous elements of Digimon that I didn't want to ignore! I also grabbed the blue digivice to go with her speech colour.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Conner will speak in Fire Brick."
    "Squid will speak in Dark Grey."

Spoiler: Character Sheet: Conner
    Show
    =Tamer=
    Name: Conner Quidel
    Image: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/46/8e/ab/4...ime-people.jpg

-Stats-
    Agility: 5
    Intelligence: 3
    Willpower: 3

-Skills-
    Dodge: 3 / Fight: 2 / Stealth: 4
    Athletics: 2 / Endurance: 3 / Feats of Strength: 1
    Computer: 0 / Survival: 3 / Knowledge: 0
    Perception: 1 / Decipher Intent: 0 / Bravery: 1

-Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 8 spaces
    Accuracy: 7 / Dodge: 8
    Armor: 7 / Damage: 6

-Aspects and Torments-
    Major Aspect: Playing with Fire – The character feels a strong fascination with fire. They can gain their advantage when working with fire, but suffer their penalty when avoiding it.
    Minor Aspect: Troublemaker – The character has a knack for getting into trouble. They can gain their advantage when breaking the rules, but suffer their penalty when interacting with authorities.
    Minor Torment: Foster Kid – The character has been from home to home for much of his life, his problematic behavior making it hard to keep one. His torment triggers when dealing with commitment.
    [X][X][ ][ ][ ]
    Minor Torment: Written Off – Most people who know the character believe he will never amount to anything. His torment triggers when being ignored or underestimated.
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Inspiration: 1/3

Spoiler: Character Sheet: Squid
    Show
    =Partner= Standard Progression: Tsumemon > Keramon > Chrysalimon > Infermon > Diablomon
    =Rookie Stage=
    Name: Keramon
    Nickname: Squid
    Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...7/WcVhoNoU.jpg
    -Stats-
    Health: 8
    Accuracy: 3 (+2 Melee, -1 Ranged)
    Armor: 3
    Damage: 4
    -Qualities-
    Attack Effect [Poison] – Crazy Smoke
    Charge Attack – Dark Crusher
    Data Optimization: Close Combat – Gain +2 Accuracy with [Melee], but -1 with [Ranged].
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Agility: 2 / Body: 7 / Brains: 4
    -Attacks-
    Dark Crusher: [Melee][Damage][Charge]
    Crazy Smoke: [Melee][Poison]

=In-Training Stage=
    Name: Tsumemon
    Size: Tiny
    -Stats-
    Health: 2
    Accuracy: 2
    Armor: 1
    -Qualities-
    Hide In Plain Sight 1 – Anyone trying to find the Digimon when hiding takes a -4 penalty.
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 4
    Agility: 1 / Body: 2 / Brains: 1
    Bit: 0 / CPU: 0 / RAM: 0
    -Attacks-
    Nail Scratch: [Melee][Damage]
    Glare Eye: [Ranged][Damage]

=Champion Stage=
    Name: Chrysalimon
    -Stats-
    Accuracy: 6
    Armor: 11(+2)
    Damage: 6
    -Qualities-
    Attack Effect [Lifesteal] – Data Crusher
    Attack Effect [Poison] – Crazy Smoke V2
    Data Optimization: Guardian – Gain +2 Armor, lose -1 Movement Speed.
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 7
    Agility: 3 / Body: 8 / Brains: 8
    Bit: 2 / CPU: 2 / RAM: 2
    -Attacks-
    Data Crusher: [Melee][Damage][Lifesteal]
    Misconnecting: [Ranged][Damage]
    Crazy Smoke V2: [Ranged][Poison]

=Ultimate Stage=
    Name: Infermon
    Size: Large
    -Stats-
    Health: 5(+1)
    Accuracy: 8
    Dodge: 8(-1)
    Armor: 6(+2)
    Damage: 8
    -Qualities-
    Chrome Digizoid Armor – Gain +2 Armor, +1 Health
    Extra Movement II – Wall Climber and Jumper
    Charge Attack – Cocoon Crash
    Attack Effect [Paralysis] – Spider Shooter
    Attack Effect [Poison] – Virus Shot
    Attack Effect [Lifesteal] – Data Crusher
    Attack Effect [Taunt] – Cocoon Crash
    Area Attack [Blast] – Virus Shot
    Data Optimization: Speedy Striker – Gain +3 Movement, but lose -1 Dodge.
    Data Specialization: Hit and Run – [Charge] attacks add distance moved to Damage.
    -Derived Stats-
    Movement: 13
    Agility: 7 / Body: 9 / Brains: 11
    Bit: 4 / CPU: 3 / RAM: 3
    -Attacks-
    Spider Shooter: [Ranged][Damage][Paralysis]
    Data Crusher: [Melee][Damage][Lifesteal]
    Cocoon Crash: [Melee][Damage][Taunt][Charge] (+Damage = Distance Moved)
    Virus Shot: [Ranged][Blast 5][Poison] (-3 Acc vs multiple)

=Mega Stage=
    Name: Diablomon
    -Stats-
    Health: 8(+1)
    Accuracy: 10(+2 Ranged)
    Dodge: 10(-1 vs Melee)
    Armor: 6(+6)
    Damage: 12
    -Qualities-
    Chrome-Obsidian Digizoid Armor – Gains +6 Armor, +1 Health; when struck by a [Melee] attack, the attacker takes unalterable Damage equal to CPUx2
    Extra Movement II – Wall Climber and Jumper
    Attack Effect [Stun] – System Failure
    Attack Effect [Poison] – Virus Download
    Attack Effect [Lifesteal] – Cable Crusher
    Area Attack [Cone] – System Failure
    Area Attack [Blast] – Catastrophe Cannon
    Area Attack [Line] – Paradise Lost
    Data Optimization: Ranged Striker – Gain +2 Accuracy at [Range], but lose -1 Dodge vs [Melee]
    Data Specialization: Mobile Artillery – Add Bit again to [Area] size. No Accuracy penalty vs multiple.
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Movement: 11
    Agility: 10 / Body: 17 / Brains: 15
    Bit: 5 / CPU: 5 / RAM: 5
    -Attacks-
    Catastrophe Cannon: [Ranged][Blast 11][Damage]
    Cable Crusher: [Melee][Damage][Lifesteal]
    Virus Download: [Ranged][Damage][Poison]
    System Failure: [Melee][Cone 3][Stun]
    Paradise Lost: [Ranged][Line2x15][Damage]

Show
    When Conner was still only a baby, he wound up in the foster care system. His mother, whom he’s never met, was unable to take care of him on her own and chose to let him go. Since the age of 5, he’s been shuffled around the country like a Vegas dealer shuffles cards. It wasn’t as though the homes he was sent to were bad homes – he was just troubled from an early age. Ever since he was old enough to operate a lighter, Conner has been a little firebug. His tendencies have made it difficult to find foster families willing to take him in, and he’s quickly approaching the age where he will have no system to keep him out of real, adult trouble.

Right now Conner is staying with the Reeves family, along with two other foster children. He’s going to school at the Paramount High School, but his grades are below average and dropping. Skipping class and pulling mean-spirited pranks has given him a reputation for being a dumb punk kid. Being looked down on has made him want to stand above the rest all the more, and has led to bullying behavior as a way to prop up his ego.

Conner found Squid’s digitama while wandering around a San Francisco garbage dump a year ago. Often, Conner would sneak into dumps and junkyards to look for cool scrap… and things to burn. This time he found a bizarre egg, next to a cracked and discarded old flip phone. To Conner’s surprise, the egg hatched into a wee Tsumemon, which imprinted on him.

A pet wasn’t something Conner had ever had before, or really considered. He had never been good with commitment, what with being moved around so much. Anyone he actually made friends with just wound up left behind anyways. The great thing about Tsumemon, though, was that he took care of himself. The little creature seemed fond of eating scrap electronics, and hunting rats. Conner would come to the dump regularly, and together they would prowl the place for things to eat and burn. Tsumemon was a little like fire, that way. Wild, free, made to consume.

Things took a weirder turn when Conner came to the dump one day and found some delinquents from another school there, wannabe gangsters with something to prove. Alone, Conner was an easy target, and they quickly cornered him. They had apparently claimed the place as their turf, and he was trespassing. When they tried to beat him down, he fought back, and one of them pulled a knife. It was then, in his moment of desperate need, that Conner noticed something glowing. The old flip phone from that first day he hatched Tsumemon was there, its cracked screen shining brilliantly. Tsumemon lunged down from a pile of junk to scratch at the thug with the knife, and suddenly transformed into something else. The appearance of Keramon was enough to send the punk kids screaming home to their mommies.

Conner knew that they would be back, with friends. Tsumemon- Keramon- Conner decided to just call him Squid to make it easier. His little buddy wouldn’t be able to stay here anymore. The status quo had shifted, and they would need to find some other place to be their secret hideout.

=Minor Characters=
    David Reeves – Conner’s current foster father, a retired marine working as a bank security guard. A strict parental figure, he chafes with Conner often as he tries to lead the boy onto a better path.
    Marianne Reeves – Conner’s current foster mother. She remains at home keeping everything running, and taking care of the foster kids she and David have taken in. Marianne tries her best to connect with the kids and support them, but Conner hasn’t been very responsive.
    Cleo Matthews – One of the other foster kids living with the Reeves, Cleo is 8 and an orphan. Her parents died in a train accident when she was just 3. Despite everything, she’s a cheerful kid. Conner is a bad influence.
    Danse Albrecht – The third of the Reeves’ foster kids, Danse is a 14 year old who was taken away from his neglectful birth mother. He’s an insufferable know-it-all, and often a target for Conner to pick on.
    Frederick Favager – A 9th grader that Conner bullies at school.
    The Pitbulls – A wannabe gang of young delinquents from another high school, who Conner got into a fight with. They know about Squid, but obviously can’t tell anyone, for several reasons.

Spoiler: Personalities
    Show
    Conner has some problems, to say the least. He is mesmerized by the sight of fire, and the smell of smoke and ash gets his heart beating like no other. Resulting from his upbringing, Conner feels like he's naturally at the bottom of the totem pole, meaning he needs to claw his way up. This leads him to bully and put down those he sees as weak or vulnerable, to build up his own self-esteem. The exception to this is Cleo - he often gets her in on the pranks he pulls to torment Danse (or Danny, as they call him). Still, as much as he's a bad influence on her, she's something of a good influence on him. Conner is protective of Cleo, since she's been through so much worse than him. The 'pranks' Conner pulls on Frederick at school are much more mean-spirited than those he pulls at home. He's stolen and burned Frederick's homework a few times, trapped him in the bathroom so that he misses class, and other similar acts of bullying.

When it comes to Squid, the digimon's personality is still forming, and he's pretty... simple, right now. Squid enjoys eating things and hunting small animals for sport. He views Conner as a parent or pack leader, and often tries to impress him with gifts of interesting garbage (he's learned Conner likes things that burn best) or the spoils of a recent hunt (kind of like a cat). Actually, that's pretty accurate and concise. Squid is somewhere between a young human and an adult housecat in terms of behavior, right now.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2017-09-04 at 07:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Joshua" "PALMON! aka: Thorn."

Still have that 2 DP. I'll find something to spend it on a little later.

Spoiler: Character Sheet Joshua
    Show
    =Tamer=
    Name: Joshua Canfield
    Image:

-Stats-
    Willpower: 5

-Skills-
    Dodge: 2 / Fight: 1 / Stealth: 0
    Athletics: 0 / Endurance: 1/ Feats of Strength: 0
    Computer: 0 / Survival: 4 / Knowledge: 2
    Perception: 3 / Decipher Intent: 3 / Bravery: 4

-Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [] [] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Movement: 8 spaces
    Accuracy: 5 / Dodge: 6
    Armor: 5 / Damage: 5

-Aspects and Torments-
    Major Aspect - I know who I am: The Character posses overflowing Willpower and bravery. Gaining the advantage to resist any mind altering effects. But is often brash and headstrong. Resulting in rash decision making. Ex: Fear, mind control etc.
    Minor Aspect - Wise Beyond their years: The character’s mind is finely honed, but due to their age, people don’t take their advice seriously at a certain point. The character might gain a bonus to certain Intelligence checks, but a penalty to convincing people who are significantly older than they are.
    Major Torment - A cage made of love: His parents had laid out his life. Deciding so many things for him, without consulting him. They controlled what he ate, what he wore, even resorting to tracking him at times. When he asked them to stop it, they ignored him. He wasn’t a son to them. He was a thing they could dress up. Has feelings of worthlessness and self esteem issues. Triggers when his words are ignored, or if he’s made to feel like he’s simply a tool for someone else.
    [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Inspiration: 0/6

Spoiler: Character Sheet: Thorn
    Show
    =Partner= Standard Progression: Tanemon > Palmon > Togemon > Lilymon > Bancholilymon
    =Rookie Stage=
    Name: Palmon
    Nickname: Thorn
    Image:
    -Stats-
    Accuracy: 3
    Damage: 4
    -Qualities-
    Attack Effect [Poison]
    Attack Effect [Immobilize]
    Data Optimization [Ranged Striker] (The Digimon adds +2 to its accuracy when using a [ranged] tagged attack, but suffers a -1 penalty to it's dodge poll when defending against a [Melee]Tagged attack.)
    Quick Healer
    -Derived Stats-
    Wounds: [][][][][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Agility: 3 / Body: 8 / Brains: 5
    -Attacks-
    Ivy Wrap [Damage][Immobilize][Ranged]: Palmon wraps her foes up with her ivy.
    Poison Ivy [Ranged] [Poison]: Palmon lashes out with poisoned vines.

=Champion Stage=
    Name: Togemon
    Image:
    -Stats-
    Accuracy: 6
    Dodge: 8
    Damage: 7
    -Qualities-
    Data Optimization [Ranged Striker] (The Digimon adds +2 to its accuracy when using a [ranged] tagged attack, but suffers a -1 penalty to it's dodge poll when defending against a [Melee]Tagged attack.)
    Huge Power (The Digimon may reroll any dice that show up as 1’s on a Accuracy Roll once per fight.)
    Rank 1 - Pack Master (All allies within the Digimon’s Ranged Burst Radius (1+Bit Value Doubled), gain a +2 Accuracy bonus per Rank the Digimon has in this Quality.)
    Attack Effect [Regenerate]
    -Derived Stats-
    Agility: 7 / Body: 11 / Brains: 8
    Bit: 2 / CPU: 3 / RAM: 2
    -Attacks-
    Light Speed Jabbing [Ranged] [Damage]
    Healing Needle [Ranged] [Regenerate]
    Double Hammer [Melee] [Damage]

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Joshua's parents weren't evil. At least not in the way we'd think. It's not that they ever beat him or intentionally harmed him. It's that they had already decided everything for him. He didn't get to pick his clothes, he didn't get a say in what he ate. If he was making friends with someone his parents didn't like they made them leave. And his parents didn't really like anyone who wasn't like them. He wasn't a son to them, he was just a blank slate they could use to foster all their prejudices and preconceptions on. He felt like they were trying to hollow him out and fill him up with more of themselves.

And they have succeeded, expect for one thing. Their was a point where Joshua found the will to say no more. It was during dinner, Joshua started eating without bowing his head and giving 'praise' his father told him to stop. Josh kept eating, he was told again. Joshua stopped, and then let out a ring of expletives and told his father to 'go to hell'. He was slapped out of his seat, his dad reached for his belt when he saw that look in his sons eyes. It wasn't fear, it was pure seething hatred. He was told to go to his room. Joshua did and contacted a cousin of his in San Fran.

You see...Josh was born in a rather...conservative area. His family was for the most part entirely christian. The kind that hold rallies at Women's Health clinics and picketed funerals. You know...THAT kind. Josh if only out of defiance never shared those beliefs. And he had been in contact with his Cousin Zacks. (The S was Zack's addition...don't ask.) His cousin was 'the black sheep' which in this case meant he was Gay and escaped the family. A few nights after the 'dinner incident' Joshua ran away from home and headed to California.

Being roughly a state and half away however isn't an easy trip for a fourteen year old teenager. But he was smart and never gave in, he wasn't going to stay in a place that made him feel empty inside anymore. He kept in constant contact with Zacks, at his cousin's behest. Josh survived by staying in shelters, staying away from older people and making very cautious decisions. That said he stole food more then once, and went hungry often. His cousin was able to meet him near Reno on the border of Nevada. Took him half a year to make it that far.

He's lived with us cousin ever since. Zacks apartment isn't very big, and Josh had to get a part time to job to help out. But he's not told who or what he has to be. No one is trying to make him a little copy of themselves. He can grow, and bloom to be whoever he wants to be. Growing wild and free. At least in his mind.

Spoiler: Personality/Apperance
    Show

Standoffish is a good word for him. He's slow to trust, and is always questioning every move and word of those around him. He doesn't really trust anyone, not even Zacks. Not completely at least. He keeps people at a distance, never giving a direct answer to anything often lying. 'Where do you live?' 'Oh (complete opposite direction to his home)'. To that end he also tends to act cold and aloof to people when out in public. Rarely showing any emotion other then apathy accept to those he's comfortable with. This is a defense mechanism he created when he lived with his parents. Showing them the face they wanted to see and letting his guard down at school.

He's rather typical for a teenager in many ways, though his experience of running away form him makes him somewhat more world weary then your average Teen. It annoys him to no end when his 'seniors' ignore him, a lot like how his parents ignored his pleas...for well anything.

Appearance
    Joshua likes to take self-expression very seriously. He dyes his hair a range of colors, right now it's a mix of green and purple. Ears pierced in several places, and wears whatever he wants. Usually something riotously colorful, he likes to stand out. He wears a lot of classic punk accessories, most of them where hand me downs from his cousin. The style's gone ...well out of style, but he doesn't care.

Bonds
    * Zacks - His cousin and the reason he was able to get away from his oppressive family.
    * Tina - Manager at the grocery store Joshua Works at. Ignores his hair color.
    * Tough Cat - A neighborhood stray whose been around for years. Treats the apartment complex as his home. Josh is one of the few people he lets pet him.

Accessory: used Ipod. Downloaded with tons of rock and metal songs. Some pop.

Golden Gate Park on a Sunday in the fall: Probably falling asleep on a bench listening to music. Or just enjoying the cold weather, a little smile on the inside cause summer has died HAHAHAHA! Take that you horrible horrible season!
    Last edited by Seanfall; 2017-10-21 at 01:52 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Perception Check.
    (3d6+8)[17]

If I'm reading this right. I roll 3d6+Willpower+Perception right?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Conner's Perception: (3d6+4)[11]
    Squid's Perception (Brains for this, I think?): (3d6+4)[17]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Shoot, I messed up the attacks and dodges. Give me a sec to fix this. Basically assume that if you beat the initiative, it will attack after you instead, but still take the exact same actions.
    Spoiler: Evie Attacks
    Show
    (4d6)[2][6][6][6](20)

Spoiler: Evie Dodges
    Show
    Dodge 1: (2d6)[3][6](9)
    Dodge 2: (1d6)[6](6)

Spoiler: Chris Attacks
    Show
    (4d6)[2][3][3][3](11)

Spoiler: Chris Dodges
    Show
    Dodge 1: (2d6)[3][1](4)
    Dodge 2: (1d6)[4](4)

Spoiler: Josh Attacks
    Show
    (4d6)[2][2][1][4](9)

Spoiler: Josh Dodges
    Show
    Dodge 1: (2d6)[3][2](5)
    Dodge 2: (1d6)[3](3)
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Shoot, I managed to both miss dmarks's post and mess up a character's speech quirk. Do any of you know if editing a post with rolls invalidates the rolls, or can I go in and fix this without worry?

At the very least, I don't think dmark's post changes much, other than making it pretty obvious who Connor is going to help.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fairly certain you can edit a post with rolls in it so long as you don't touch the roll tags themselves. You also can't edit more rolls into a post.

Also, Chris' bit seems to reference him having seen Rabu. is that an error, or did I just miss something?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

gonna go ahead and roll Initiative for Rei.
    (3d6+3)[13]

edit: Looks like I go first. I'll do my post in a bit, then we can sort out that little detail in a bit.

edit2: and yes, it seems you can edit posts, just so long as you don't disturb the roll tags
    Last edited by dethkruzer; 2017-09-05 at 08:45 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thorns Initiative: (3d6+2)[15]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thorns attack Poison Ivy.
    (3d6)[3][2][2](7)

Damage
    (4d6)[1][2][3][1](7)

Dodge vs it's attack
    (2d6)[3][3](6)

....Soooo if Success die are 5 and 6 then...Neither of us hit anything?
    Last edited by Seanfall; 2017-09-05 at 11:21 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Chris' bit seems to reference him having seen Rabu. is that an error, or did I just miss something?
    I don't know what you're talking about. >.> (Fixed. I cut and pasted a bunch of the description, and forgot to change every instance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    ....Soooo if Success die are 5 and 6 then...Neither of us hit anything?
    Yup. Flurry of misses.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

doing some rolls for Rei's attacks, and rolling dodge in advance as well

Spoiler: rolls for Rei
    Show
    attack 1 (electric thread) (3d6)[4][3][4](11)
    attack 2 (electric thread) (3d6)[1][5][1](7)
    dodge 1 (3d6)[6][3][1](10)
    dodge 2 (3d6)[2][3][3](8)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

just realized there's the minus one to dice pool for repeated dodges. should I reroll that second dodge roll?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. >.> (Fixed. I cut and pasted a bunch of the description, and forgot to change every instance)

Yup. Flurry of misses.
    Fair enough I'll put together an IC response once I get home from work. :D It's gonna be a while, long day.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

just realized there's the minus one to dice pool for repeated dodges. should I reroll that second dodge roll?
    Nah, you didn't get any successes so its fine. If people mess it up in the future, I'm just going to ignore the last die.
    Also, the only reason I did 2 dodges is that these guys only have 2 Dodge. It doesn't matter much for this combat, but in the future, could everyone please roll all of their dodges, just in case?
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

25. - Top - End - #25

PirateWench

Initiative: (3d6+3)[15]

As attacks are based on pools, shouldn't the monsters attacking us use rollv so we know how many were 5s/6s? Unless I'm misunderstanding, which is very possible.
    Last edited by dmarks; 2017-09-05 at 12:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dmarks View Post
    Initiative: [roll0]

As attacks are based on pools, shouldn't the monsters attacking us use rollv so we know how many were 5s/6s? Unless I'm misunderstanding, which is very possible.
    Yes, but I messed up, because I'm not very good with the forum roller. I posted a correction in this thread.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateWench

Yes, but I messed up, because I'm not very good with the forum roller. I posted a correction in this thread.
    Woops, missed that!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Also, damage and armor are flat values, they aren't rolled. Any extra accuracy successes are added as a +1 on damage, and then armor is subtracted from that.

So if Steve rolls 2 successes to punch an Impmon
    And the Impmon rolls 1 success to dodge
    Steve has 4 Damage, +1 from the Accuracy bonus (sort of like a 'critical hit')
    Impmon has 2 Armor

So 5 - 2 = 3 damage to Impmon

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    Also, damage and armor are flat values, they aren't rolled. Any extra accuracy successes are added as a +1 on damage, and then armor is subtracted from that.

So if Steve rolls 2 successes to punch an Impmon
    And the Impmon rolls 1 success to dodge
    Steve has 4 Damage, +1 from the Accuracy bonus (sort of like a 'critical hit')
    Impmon has 2 Armor

So 5 - 2 = 3 damage to Impmon
    Is that directed at me? I don't think I messed that up.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Is that directed at me? I don't think I messed that up.
    Nah, Seanfall was rolling for damage earlier.