Results 1 to 1 of 1
- Join Date
- Dec 2015
- On the "Web"
Items for a Cleric of a Night Goddess
I made these items under DM's Discretion for a character a few years ago. The character was a Cleric of a goddess named Noxa, who had purview over spiders, bats, and corvids.
Titles: The Queen of Stars, The Raven Beauty, Our Lady of the Serene Dark, The Protecting One
Symbol: Black circle with a small crescent moon on the left side, one wing on each side of the circle: a bat on the left and a raven's on the right
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Peace, Pacifism, Healing, Darkness, Women, Air, Spiders, Animal, Beauty, Art, Music, Moon, Men
Worshippers: Those in need of protection, peaceful people, those who dwell in the dark, artists, mothers, clerics
Cleric Alignments: A cleric of any alignment may have Noxa as their patron.
Domains: Darkness, Healing, Spider, Good, Air, Protection
Favoured Weapons: Whip and bow
Noxa appears as a beautiful maiden with skin like polished ivory, purple eyes, black hair, and a smile that could thaw the coldest heart. She wears a short and clingy dress made of black spider silk and has a tattoo on each of her bared shoulders, one of her symbol and the other of her twin brother's as a reminder of their truce; upon her back she has two wings, the left being of a raven and the right of a bat. She teaches that all can choose peace over war and allow all to heal each other.
Noxa's teachings have few rules, however those that do exist, a worshipper may not break. In order of importance:
- Do not cause direct physical harm to any creature (although magic, poison, contracts, and the like do not count as "direct") as Noxa despises such acts
- Do not kill spiders, birds, or bats unless absolutely necessary, as they are Noxa's favoured animals.
- Revere the night, for it is Noxa's time
- Spend time within the darkness for Noxa's healing embrace to relieve you of your troubles
Clergy and Temples
Noxa's clerics favour black garments with accents of grey, purple, and silver, many of which also either wear her holy symbol or get it tattooed somewhere on their body; many are cleric/shadowcasters or cleric/bards. Most remain fairly close to their community, operating hospitals and safe spaces for those running from hostiles can hide.
Now for the Items:
Spoiler: Amulet of Noxa's ServantAmulet of Noxa's Servant
Price (Item Level): 100, 000 gp (10th level)
Body Slot: Throat
Caster Level: See Text
Aura: Moderate Transumutation
Activation: See text
Weight: .5 lbs
This item appears to be a small, soft collar woven from pitch-black spiderwebs with small raven feathers and bones from a bat decorating it. At the back is a small clasp that looks like the claws of a bat and a bird intertwined, and at the front is a small silver ring partially woven into the colllar, but in such a way as the metal never touches the skin. Attached to the ring is a smaller silver ring that connects to an iron charm in the shape of a circle with a crescent moon inside and the rest of the circle is black, a bat wing on one side, and a raven wing on the other. The crescent moon is made of silver, the bat wing is made of onxy, the raven wing is made of obsidian, and the black space in the circle is made of the black spider silk that makes up the collar.
Properties: This bracelet functions as the Spiderform spell (FRCS, pg 74) except that upon activation you must choose one of three forms:
- Drider: You gain all of the traits, the physical appearance, and the abilities of the drider(MM1, pg 89) except you retain your original race, class, abilities, and appearance from the waist up, you also keep your spell-like, supernatural, and extraordinary abilities as long as they function with a drider form.
- Desmodu: You gain all of the traits and abilities of the dedmodu(MM2, pg 62) and you appear to be a bat-themed avoral, you retain your original race, class, abilities, appearance where bare flesh shows, your fur and ears are your hair colour, your wing membranes are black, and you also keep your spell-like, supernatural, and extraordinary abilities as long as the function with the avoral form.
- Avoral: You gain all of the traits, the physical appearance, and the abilities of the avoral(MM1, pg 141) except you retain your original race, class, abilities, appearance where bare flesh shows, your feathers and scales are black instead of white and yellow/gold, and you also keep your spell-like, supernatural, and extraordinary abilities as long as the function with the avoral form.
The caster level of the effect is dependent upon the level of the wearer and not the level of the crafter. Activating this item requires the wearer to make a spellcraft or psicraft check (DC 15) or make a short, silent prayer to their god(+5) or the one who's symbol is on the band(Noxa, +5, +10 if they are the same) then roll against the same check with their Wisdom modifier and the prayer modifier added to their roll, you cannot take 10 with this roll and a use is expended if the check is failed. The wearer may only use this Con mod + Int mod/day, but each use past the first adds a cumulative 1 to the check. If you are not a worshipper of Noxa, each time you successfully activate this item, you must make a DC 12 Wisdom check they begin to feel uneasy with your current beliefs and god, if you failed the previous check the next time you activate it the DC is 14 and you begin questioning your beliefs, if you fail both then the next check is at DC 16 or begin worshipping Noxa (and taking the neccessary consequences if in a divine casting class). Should you succeed any of the checks, the DC stays at that level until you fail it, if you fail all three DCs it returns to base 12.
Prerequisites: Spiderform, Polymorph, Craft Wondrous Item
Spoiler: Bracelet of the Scouting Hand
Bracelet of the Scouting Hand
Price (Item Level): 50, 000 gp (6th level)
Body Slot: one bracelet
Caster Level: See text.
Aura: Faint transumation
Activation: See text
Weight: .2 lbs
This small, black, firm-fitting band seems to be made directly of pitch-black spiderwebs, small raver feathers, the membrane of a bat's wing, and fitted with a small silver, grey, and black symbol on its' back reminiscent of a crescent moon in a circle with a bat's wing and a raven's wing attatched to it. When the bracelet is activated, the webbing covers the stump of your wrist as your hand becomes a small creature.
Properties: This bracelet functions as the Spider Hand spell (BoVD, pg 104) except that you do not need to concentrate on it, its' maximum distance is 20 miles per its wearer's level, and it lasts for up to half an hour per level of the wearer. When activated, your hand may take the form of a small monstrous spider, a raven, or a bat (all as in the Monster Manual). It may only be activated a number of times per day equal to its' wearer's constitution modifier. Activating this item requires the wearer to make a spellcraft or psicraft check (DC 15) or make a short, silent prayer to their god(+5) or the one who's symbol is on the band( Noxa, +5, +10 if they are the same) then roll against the same check with their Wisdom modifier and the prayer modifier added to their roll, you cannot take 10 with this roll and a use is expended if the check is failed.
Prerequisite: Craft Wondrous Item, Spider Hand, Polymorph