Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Shizu's Curse of the Crismon Throne (OOC)

Still a work in progress. I will use this initial post for pertinent information so check back here peritically.

Shizu-s-Curse-of-the-Crismon-Throne IC

Player Character Campaign
    Trait
    Class Race Harrow points.
    N0ble Rhev Talasar Drug Addict(Personal Addiction) Investigator (Empiricist) Human 2
    PiccadillyPi Silas Rata'da Drug Addict (Personal Addiction) Ranger(Dandy Ranger) Tiefling (Beastblood) 0
    Stelio Kontos Aliani Rose Lost love(Orphaned) Bard Half-Elf 1
    Darvin Dalin Rittle Drug Addict(Addicted Friend) Wizard Human 1

Spoiler: Map of Korvosa
    Show

Spoiler: Districts and Neighborhoods
    Show
    Spoiler: East Shore and Gray
    Show

Spoiler: Midland
    Show

Spoiler: North Point
    Show

Spoiler: The Heights
    Show

Spoiler: Old Korvosa
    Show

Spoiler: South Shore
    Show
    Last edited by shizukanashi; 2017-11-30 at 01:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Shizu's Curse of the Crismon Throne (OOC)

So rules of the road. I will attempt to post daily (though I might miss this on occasion, especially the weekends) I expect at least every 3-4 days for you guys.

Combat always slows down PbP games. For this reason I will attempt to expedite it as follows. Once the round starts I will give you guys roughly 24 hours to post your actions, we will not roll for initiative, so feel free to change any feats or stats you took for bonus initiative. Instead your actions will take place in the order you post. I will make one post summerizing your actions and those of NPCs then begin the next round.

Still working on getting a proper mapping software to screen shot, for now I would like to just do a narrative combat. Thoughts?

I know most players are not a fan, but I like to roll for HP at level. I think all of you have already taken max at first level which is my preference, but I failed to mention in charater creation.

Any other procedural things that need to be discussed?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shizukanashi View Post
    So rules of the road. I will attempt to post daily (though I might miss this on occasion, especially the weekends) I expect at least every 3-4 days for you guys.

Combat always slows down PbP games. For this reason I will attempt to expedite it as follows. Once the round starts I will give you guys roughly 24 hours to post your actions, we will not roll for initiative, so feel free to change any feats or stats you took for bonus initiative. Instead your actions will take place in the order you post. I will make one post summerizing your actions and those of NPCs then begin the next round.

Still working on getting a proper mapping software to screen shot, for now I would like to just do a narrative combat. Thoughts?

I know most players are not a fan, but I like to roll for HP at level. I think all of you have already taken max at first level which is my preference, but I failed to mention in charater creation.

Any other procedural things that need to be discussed?
    I would like to do a narrative story myself, I get the feeling that rolling for hp at level 1 would really hurt martial classes mechanically speaking. Sorry, I misread what you wrote.

EDIT: Is there a character submission deadline in place yet? My bad, serves me right for staying up so late.
    Last edited by WorldAdventurer; 2017-09-11 at 12:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I posted a more eventful day in Jaini's life. I hope you enjoy reading it!

All credit for my avatar goes to linklele whom I am very grateful towards.

Spoiler: Homebrew
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Made my story post in the IC thread. :)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, posted now.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

First, thanks for letting us continue these little intro's, even if we might not all get in!

Second, Shizu, is the bartender still there? That will determine Morvan's next move.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2017-09-13 at 07:48 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

8. - Top - End - #8

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicLunacy View Post
    First, thanks for letting us continue these little intro's, even if we might not all get in!

Second, Shizu, is the bartender still there? That will determine Morvan's next move.
    I will leave that entirely up to you. I should have said something about him in the little write up I did but I was getting tired and wanted them all done. Finish that story however you like either he doesnt know anything, or he ran out the back, we can rolepay back and forth if you would like. Maybe he has some information after all, but the lead you should follow if the one on the card.
    Last edited by shizukanashi; 2017-09-13 at 07:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Huzzahs!

Query: How do you want to handle dice rolls? Spoiler in IC thread, do them in here, carrier pigeon...?

(Upon further review, this doesn't immediately matter, but, hey!)
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-09-13 at 08:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Reposting my character writeup.

Morvan Delane, Half-Elf Magus. Speaks in DarkSlateGray.

Description: Slender for a human, but broad for an elf, Morvan moves with a quiet confidence and a quick stride. His black hair and bright, blue eyes are accentuated by the long, lavender coat he often wears. Underneath he dresses more like a sailor, with a tough but comfortable shirt, breeches, and worn leather boots. A long, slightly curved sword is sheathed prominently at his side. He's grown from boy to man since leaving Korvosa; gained a few scars (including the most prominent one over his left eye) and seen a few amazing things. But he's still young, and still a little impatient and hot-headed. He's been wronged, and justice was never done to his satisfaction, so he has more than one thing to prove. He has an able wit, a crooked smile, and a secret love for the finery and wealth he was used to when he was little. His bravery is tempered somewhat by his cleverness, and he tries to always come at a problem from the side rather than from the front if he can help it.

Backstory: Morvan was born to a bored noblewoman after a brief dalliance with one of the Mierani elves, just another bastard child out of hundreds. His mother's family was rich enough to afford to send him away so that he wouldn't bring more disgrace to their name, finding him a desk at the Summoner's college, the Academae. Even as a child, Morvan had shown a talent for magic, born from either his elven blood or simply out of hours reading when his human relatives were busy ignoring him. Unfortunately, he spent the last of their good grace when he was accused of murder not long into his schooling. The Academae had hardly heard a drop of evidence when Morvan was banished from the grounds, so it was little comfort when one of his few friends talked to the supposed key witness in the trial and got him to admit that he had been paid off by a local crimelord. It seemed that this Gaedren Lamm even had a history of similar schemes, but the damage was already done.

Morvan's family spurned him and he was unwelcome at the Academae, so he somewhat rashly signed up as a mate on the first ship out of Korvosa harbor. He spent the next few years teaching himself any scrap of magic he found while the sailors he'd fallen in with taught him enough swordplay and seamanship to get along. Morvan took all of this and created for himself a seamless blending of martial and magical disciplines, becoming a serviceable spellsword. He was determined, through travel and experience instead of rote schooling, to make himself better than the magicians of the Academae and to show his family that he could become something more than a fatherless rogue. After many seasons at sea, Morvan finally returned home, ready to confront his past.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Huzzahs!

Query: How do you want to handle dice rolls? Spoiler in IC thread, do them in here, carrier pigeon...?

(Upon further review, this doesn't immediately matter, but, hey!)
    Roll in either thread, if you roll IC you can roll view the result then edit the post to narrate the outcome. I will probably create a dice roll thread too in the near future.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds fine.

One more question:

Spoiler: quick Q, for DM eyes only
    Show
    I'm presumably getting this in late evening (i.e. after the sun's long been down), right?
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-09-13 at 09:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Here is Jaini.

Would you like me to skip to the next day so we can all be on the same time or just wait for the other players to make it to nightfall?

Nevermind.

Jaini will use this color if that's okay.
    Last edited by WorldAdventurer; 2017-09-13 at 10:24 PM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Forgive me as I am new to this, but are we creating what lead is on the back of the card or did I miss a PM or post detailing it?

Show

15. - Top - End - #15

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WorldAdventurer View Post
    Forgive me as I am new to this, but are we creating what lead is on the back of the card or did I miss a PM or post detailing it?
    The very last spoiler tag has the message on the back of the harrow card you recieved.

As for the timeline (some of you recieved your cards in the day, some in the night) we should presume that if you recieved the card at night, it was on the previous night so you will have a whole day before the designated sunset. It is the same sunset so you should all be arriving at the same time.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Bottom spoiler.

Oh, post colors. I'd very much like red.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-09-14 at 09:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

The very last spoiler tag has the message on the back of the harrow card you recieved.

As for the timeline (some of you recieved your cards in the day, some in the night) we should presume that if you recieved the card at night, it was on the previous night so you will have a whole day before the designated sunset. It is the same sunset so you should all be arriving at the same time.
    Ah, I'm sorry for missing that.

Show

18. - Top - End - #18

HalflingRangerGuy

While you guys are choosing your post colors would everybody please tell me a bit about thier human heritage (everyone is either human or half-elf so all have a human parent) There are really 3 primary choices here in Korvosa from most populous to least:
    Chelaxian
    Varisian or
    Shoanti
    though Tian, Kellid, Ulfen and others do occasionally pop up.
    Last edited by shizukanashi; 2017-09-14 at 01:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Morvan would definitely have come from a Chelaxian bloodline on his mother's side.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

While you guys are choosing your post colors would everybody please tell me a bit about thier human heritage (everyone is either human or half-elf so all have a human parent) There are really 3 primary choices here in Korvosa from most populous to least:
    Chelaxian
    Varisian or
    Shoanti
    Mine is on my character sheet, but I will repeat it in more plainly here:

Jaini would be 1/2 Elven, 3/8 Chelexian, and 1/8 Varisian. Though he does not know his exact human heritage he figures he is mostly Chelexian with some Varisian because of his features.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Rhev is Varisian through and through. I'd like to claimIndigo. Would it be possible to get a link to the IC in the first post?
    Last edited by n0ble; 2017-09-14 at 07:37 AM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Chelaxian
    Varisian or
    Shoanti
    Aliani isn't precisely certain, since he never knew daddy and mom never spoke of it, but for sake of argument let's roll with Varisian.

Unrelated OOC: tweaked a few spells on list for the day, because why not.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-09-14 at 09:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by n0ble
    is there some sort of skill check for identifying the meaning of the card?
    You could roll, but since you are full Varasian and I gave the meanings to others:

The peacock is a creature of astonishing beauty, but a beauty that can only be retained if frozen like a cockatrice's statues. Smarter people accept the passage of time and dance out of the peacocks way. Its appearance always signifies a sudden personal shift in additude or societal change.

I sort of see Rhev as a hobo sherlock holmes so you could probably go something like: The beautiful peacock is your mind, and the hideous cockratice your drug abused body.

As for anything else, you don't know why that particular card was chosen or what meaning the deliver wanted to convey, you might just have to ask in person.

I should also note these are "harrow" (Read: tarot) cards so the meaning is somewhat open to interpretation.

For anyone else who is curious: A harrow deck consists of 54 cards. There are six suits each applied to an attribute score. Hammers(STR), Keys(DEX), Shields(CON), Books(INT), Stars(WIS), and Crowns(CHA)

There are 9 cards in each suit, that corespond to the nine alignments:
    LG NG CG
    LN N CN
    LE NE CE

So for example the peacock applies to DEX and true neutral.

Beleive it or not these cards were assigned to you based solely on that criteria, your highest attribute (I did pick between the two, if you had two attributes as your highest) and your alignment determined what card you got. I did take some liberty with the interpretation and imagery to make them fit your backgrounds but a lot of the work was already done.
    Last edited by shizukanashi; 2017-09-14 at 11:21 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

I love it when the DM adds all these little details.

Thanks, Shizu!

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

HalflingRangerGuy

Thanks, Shizu!
    That is the one major advantage that PbP has over a face to face game. It takes longer, and has its drawbacks and compications that dont spring up face to face, but story and details take center stage. PbP games end up being half novels that the 7 of us write together.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, Shizu!
    I'll second that emotion.

27. - Top - End - #27

I'll go with Chelaxian heritage. Dalen comes from a fairly well-to-do upbringing, so that makes most sense.

For color, I'll go with blue (if that's not too similar to the already-claimed indigo)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

I guess I'll go with fire brick

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks, Shizu!
    Absolutely amazing!

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'll second that emotion.
    I will third it! It's a really cool way of doing things.

The peacock is a creature of astonishing beauty, but a beauty that can only be retained if frozen like a cockatrice's statues. Smarter people accept the passage of time and dance out of the peacocks way. Its appearance always signifies a sudden personal shift in additude or societal change.

I sort of see Rhev as a hobo sherlock holmes so you could probably go something like: The beautiful peacock is your mind, and the hideous cockratice your drug abused body.
    Ok awesome I can see him getting right some irked from picking up on that And I think your completely on the money with him being like hobo Sherlock Holmes, the only other thing I'd add is a healthy dose of Rick Sanchez
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves