New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAI+ #59: Will You Take This Woman To Be Your Galpal?

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 09:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 09:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Bugbear in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Guys, this is going to get the thread locked permanently, and it's already going to get locked for multiple days. Please drop it.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Banned

{scrubbed}

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 10:20 PM.
    Offer good while supplies last. Two to a customer. Each item sold separately. Batteries not included. Mileage may vary. All sales are final. Allow six weeks for delivery. Some items not available. Some assembly required. Some restrictions may apply. All entries become our property. Employees not eligible. Entry fees not refundable. Local restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Except in Indiana.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 10:19 PM.
    Offer good while supplies last. Two to a customer. Each item sold separately. Batteries not included. Mileage may vary. All sales are final. Allow six weeks for delivery. Some items not available. Some assembly required. Some restrictions may apply. All entries become our property. Employees not eligible. Entry fees not refundable. Local restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Except in Indiana.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

{scrubbed}

I looked up vids as to how to bleach my hair, it seems a bit too complicated for me to try so im gonna look up pro hairdressers, The Big City should have no shortage of them!
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 09:56 PM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleach and dying is a pretty basic hair dressing skill so it shouldn't be hard to find someone. Though if you want a complicated pattern dyed in it might end up fairly expensive. Also I don't know what color(s) you want to dye it but most of the bright non-natural colors don't stick to hair very well so you have to keep redying it

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
    Bleach and dying is a pretty basic hair dressing skill so it shouldn't be hard to find someone. Though if you want a complicated pattern dyed in it might end up fairly expensive. Also I don't know what color(s) you want to dye it but most of the bright non-natural colors don't stick to hair very well so you have to keep redying it
    The colors are blue and purple so i guess thats the latter :'3

Sadly i have not much income and i have to express myself as a no nonsense guy for the time being, but its always good to plan for the future.

Thanks for the help!

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

{scrubbed}

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    The colors are blue and purple so i guess thats the latter :'3

Sadly i have not much income and i have to express myself as a no nonsense guy for the time being, but its always good to plan for the future.

Thanks for the help!
    Hah! Had a punk phase some more than half a lifetime ago and my preference was for shock blue spikes. Ok, for blue and purple, you have to bleach. The good news, you can also use silver and grey, which are pretty en vogue right now (at least in Germany) and far less aggressive than straight bleach.

Overall, it´s not that hard to learn, but you're of to a good start when you have someone guiding you thru the process.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 09:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm have you considered a wig so you could switch hair colors whenever?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 09:58 PM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
    Hmmm have you considered a wig so you could switch hair colors whenever?
    In this heat? my head will boil D:

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Depending on where you are it'll likely start cooling down soon. Hmmm maybe I should wear my cosplay wigs instead of a hat this winter for warmth.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2018-08-28 at 09:59 PM.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    It depends how far on the spectrum you are. For some, a surrogate might work, for others, deeper in the spectrum, fantasy is not enough, only the real thing will do.
    For some, a surrogate might work (implied: and be satisfying enough).
    For others, deeper in the spectrum, a surrogate will have to do.

Or else they'll eventually end up in jail, deservedly so.

The real thing is off-limits and they know it.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Radiant: Locked for review.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

19. - Top - End - #889
    The Big Footprint Administrator

Discussing illegal activity is against the board rules—even if that illegal activity has never been engaged in. Likewise, discussing whether or not an activity that is illegal should remain illegal or not is also against the board rules. Anything that touches on, hints at, or refers to activity that is illegal is not permitted. There is no exception for illegal activity that might come about as a result of sexual preferences.

As with all of our rules, assume the broadest, most expansive possible interpretation of this rule if you wish to continue posting on this message board.

This thread will remain locked until moderators can scrub/warn/infract any posts that require it.
    The above words represent the consensus of the entire Giant in the Playground staff, including the moderators, the webmaster, and Rich Burlew.

(The PM box for this account is not regularly monitored; please direct any PMs to the forum staff to Roland St. Jude, the forum guru. Do send moderator applications to this account, though, as directed in the announcement thread. Thank you.)

20. - Top - End - #890
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The Winged Mod: Thread re-opened after review.

As a reminder to everyone, please be sure to review the Forum Rules, especially in regards to what topics are appropriate to discuss on this site.

Furthermore, please do not attempt to carry over previous discussions from other threads, as noted under External Baggage.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello again. Does anyone remember me?
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

A little vaguely, but yes, I definitely recognize your username.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Hello again. Does anyone remember me?
    Hi! I remember your avatar
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Just looking at the amount of time covered by the mod edit timestamps, I want to thank Haruki-kun for the time and effort he put into cleaning things up. Just a pointless appreciation post for the amount of work the mods put into keeping this place running smoothly.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anymage View Post
    Just looking at the amount of time covered by the mod edit timestamps, I want to thank Haruki-kun for the time and effort he put into cleaning things up. Just a pointless appreciation post for the amount of work the mods put into keeping this place running smoothly.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

I need some coming out advice. My parents are going to be in town this weekend and im having dinner with them on friday. Ive been out fulltime since i moved here, and want them to be a part of my life. I just want them to do that with the right name and pronouns.

Im not expecting it ti go bad, but im expecting insensitive questions and the like. Does anyone have any tips or experiences they can share?
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

@The Extinguisher , Ironically, I wish I could help, but I'm still closeted.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    I need some coming out advice. My parents are going to be in town this weekend and im having dinner with them on friday. Ive been out fulltime since i moved here, and want them to be a part of my life. I just want them to do that with the right name and pronouns.

Im not expecting it ti go bad, but im expecting insensitive questions and the like. Does anyone have any tips or experiences they can share?
    Have positive examples to hand. Expect it to be a shock at first. I strongly suggest either presenting gender neutral or telling them ahead of time, again to avoid the shock factor. Also, expect confusion about gender identity and sexuality: they might think this is just you trying to be gay or whatever. Worst case scenario, have the ability to cut ties. Answer questions gently but firmly: you know more about this than they do, in all likelyhood.
    LGBTA+itP

29. - Top - End - #899
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Can you do it in advance? Over a carefully thought out email perhaps? I went the route of "hello FB, I'm non-binary and that means...", it sorta worked?

Even if it goes perfectly, expect to correct LOTS of pronouns, particularly if you're switching to something besides s/he. Assuming you're of drinking age, maybe have some wine before they show up? Definitely have some variety of support in place for after they leave -- people you're out to and comfortable venting with. Don't be afraid to reply with any of: I'm not comfortable answering that, I don't know, I'll have to think about that. "Why do you ask?" is always a good fallback too. If you're like me and the nervous sort, write everything out on your phone and straight up read it off if you have to. Remember you can always pop to the bathroom if it gets overwhelming!

Good luck!

Side note edit regarding hair: manic panic makes a lightening kit that you can use at home, to great effect, if you can pour bottle A into jar B and stir. It's about as idiot proof as bleach can get (I've done it, successfully, repeatedly, and my chemistry skills never left grade school!)
    Last edited by ArgentiAertheri; 2018-08-29 at 09:52 PM.
    I prefer ze/zir, or they, or whatever really, but non-binary isn't a gender option so here we are

30. - Top - End - #900
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Have positive examples to hand. Expect it to be a shock at first. I strongly suggest either presenting gender neutral or telling them ahead of time, again to avoid the shock factor. Also, expect confusion about gender identity and sexuality: they might think this is just you trying to be gay or whatever. Worst case scenario, have the ability to cut ties. Answer questions gently but firmly: you know more about this than they do, in all likelyhood.
    Assuming you're right and it doesn't go badly, I second the gentle-but-firm approach. If they're asking insensitive questions, point that out, but do try to answer them if you can. Remember that they're very possibly learning about this as you're telling them, and they may not know what's insensitive yet.

Think back to when you first learned about the concept. You probably had a lot of questions that would seem insensitive or dumb based on what you know now. That's them right now. So lean on that experience and know they can get to the same point you're at with willingness and effort.