New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,458 of 1458
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Staff IC: Threat IV: Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon tea party!

"We should hurry then. I dont know how much time we got." BubbleGuard replies ready to jump the portal and begin the search. He hoped Tea would handle the invitation since he probably woud sound less inviting.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

"In a hurry... again... sigh... Sugar Rush, Tailwind, I'll trust you to makes the guests confortable while we are gone. We will try to be quick about it!"

She jump in the portal before it collapse.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

You appear in Trottingham-
    A beautiful andd busy city.
    But where will you find Lettersprite? Even at this hour the city seems to buzz with activity, merchants and travelers from all over Equestria are coming through- as the capitol of the Earth Ponies, Trottingham offer the biggest and loudest market, and the best cider that a pony could desire at the inns- as the cider brewers refuse to sell the cider to outsiders.

But they are in somewhat luck-
    An earth pony stand on a soap box and yell at ponies- quite unthinkable in Canterlot, but despite recently choosing monarchy, earth ponies have long tradition of democratic culture.
    Brethren! Wake up!' the red earth pony yell
    'THEY try to enslave us yet again! The king is selling us!' ponies are gathering.
    'With those souless lawyers and clerks! Have you missed the news?! There is now a group of ponies subduing our kingdom under their hooves! 'Unification?! This is tyranny!'
    *stomp*
    'And it's because of traitors! Traitors among us! Among our own folk! We need to stop them! Let's start with.... Letterspite!'

--------------

(Where is Lettersprite right now?)
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite had just finished steeping a pot of chamomile tea when he heard his name shouted. He winced. So it's my turn tonight...

He trotted over to the window, took a deep breath, and flicked the curtains aside for a moment to look out over the street. His old anxieties stirred, but he pushed through long enough to check to see if things were looking dangerous.
    Well, there haven't been any torches and pitchforks yet; let's hope they don't start with me...

He trotted back to the tea table and poured a cup for himself. He sipped it nervously as he listened to what the shouting pony had to say next.

He stared at the ceiling for a moment, a frown crossing his face, before breaking the silence in his room, speaking to nopony in particular. "If they'd read the bloody legislation, they'd know we're actually gaining international standing... but how often are ponies angry about sensible things."
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard was surprised to see a rebellion on the rise in the middle of their search. "We should just ignore them and begin our search. Do you know where is he?" BubbleGuard asks Tea Agony hoping she would know where to start.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony whisper: " I dont. Since Master Starswirl opened for us a portal here, he must live closeby though. We will have to ask for directions... or create enough rackus for him to appear"

She ask in a loud voice to the crowd present: " You are sprouting lies! If Cloudsdale signed this thing to end its own tyranny, how can it be that bad? And besides, why aren't you letting him join you to create a peaceful debate rather then a misinformed rebellion? Shouldn't you try to at least go knock on his door to see if he is willing? You would look mighty silly if you rebelled against public order if you dont give a proper reason to!

(shes secretly trying to instigate the crowd in telling us where he live, knock on his door)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-12-31 at 06:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Tea Agony seemed to have open ears for her.
    Those ponies weren't for violence... beside the preacher one.
    His face reddens.
    "Debate? What is there to debate?! We need to-"

"Yeah! Debate!" The crowd roared. "Let's see what they have to say!"
    The crowd start trotting toward Lettersprite house, which they get to in few short minutes.

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite, who has been anxiously sipping his tea, nearly spits it out when he hears Tea Agony's response. He gallops over to the window, takes a deep breath, throws open the curtains, and is able to make out the crowd at his doorstep.

Oh... Buglet

He canters down the stairs, nearly bumping into his landlady Ms. Hudsneigh on the way down ("Sorry!"), before gathering his thoughts in front of the door.

Focus on the details Letter, focus on the law. It's how you get through this at work with all those bloody open windows... and hope the average pony will understand what I mean

Lettersprite opens the door to the apartment, looking to the outside world a bit like a zombie from the stress, before moving back a few paces. keep the ceiling in view, good, good.

He clears his throat, and begins to speak.

"Assembled ponies of Lawndon, firstly, I must apologize for not being in closer view of all of you. Some of you may recall that the outdoors are a bit overwhelming for me, so please excuse my distance, for it is necessary if we are to have a half decent debate."

"As for the complaints against the new legislation being enacted, I cannot help but feel there has been a misinterpretation of its consequences. Many of you are no doubt familiar with the Magneigh Carta signed two centuries ago in Whinnydsor; the document that established limits on the powers of the Earthish crown and nobility and established the separation between common and royal law."

Lettersprite removes his spectacles and wipes their lenses with a hoofkerchief before continuing.

"This new legislation affects only royal law, partially because of the concerns of ponies of a similar mind to the stallion speaking out earlier. The monarch of the Earthish lands will relinquish some of their powers to the union of the three nations, but their power to affect the common pony is still limited by the Magneigh Carta: there is not one law that will be passed to affect us that does not pass through parliament, which I might remind you, is made up of officials you, the common ponies, elect."

"Quite frankly, if there is to be any change in the power dynamic between the common pony and the crown, I expect it will be in the common pony's favor, for the crown is now beholden to two powers: parliment, and this new alliance. It will have one hoof tied behind its back if you will."

Lettersprite sighs before continuing.

"Which is why I am somewhat baffled by this sudden surge of nationalistic reactionism: the documents I have helped write are not hidden. Anypony could march straight to the local town crier's stand and fetch a copy, and should they read it, have their fears assuaged!"

Lettersprite pauses a moment to catch his breath before continuing.

"And if you ask any of your lawmakers in parliament, you will find that it was my idea to limit the Treaty of Everfree's power to royal law. I am not a noble, nor have I had any desire to seek knighthood. My parents are farmers in the Swinedon area."

"My duty is to you: the common ponies of the Trottish Isles. What we have in this nation is special: no other kingdom allows their citizens as much political participation as ours, and I would not threaten that! But the world is changing, and if we do not act, we may find our system threatened regardless."

"That is why I poured my time into fiddling with the fine details of this treaty: to ensure that the changing world does not discard our proudest achievement."

Even obscured partially inside of his house, most ponies would be able to make out Lettersprite buckle and nearly fall over as the adrenaline rush of his speech fades. He leans against the wall and takes several deep breaths.

"Do... does anypony have... any... questions...
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

The crowd perk their ears and listening. Over all they seems accepting, but like in ping pong dual, they move their heads toward the rioters expecting a comeback.
    Earth ponies were very hard headed for commoners and there were a constant need for their aproval- so debates and speeches became sort of a sport in Trottingham.

And this wasn't fair . Lettersprite were slaughtering this rioter, and wad easy to see-
    The rioter pony's nosrils podruced smoke of near draconic rage, and has became red as flame, and dangerouse sound of boiling kettle are heard from his head.

In the unwritten debate rules of Trottingham this was a bad looks.
    "....Don't smarty pants me!" He yell.
    He pull a scroll. "My ancestor's privilige! Your lackeys took it away!"
    He start to jump enraged. "I am the decedant of Smart Cookie! Chancellor Pudding Head gave us the bakery free of charge, taxation-in those trying times, only Smart Cookie could provide steady sales of bred in low cost! And what the dogs of the new tyranny say?!" He bark.
    "That it irrelvant those days!!!"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    The crowd perk their ears and listening. Over all they seems accepting, but like in ping pong dual, they move their heads toward the rioters expecting a comeback.
    Earth ponies were very hard headed for commoners and there were a constant need for their aproval- so debates and speeches became sort of a sport in Trottingham.

And this wasn't fair . Lettersprite were slaughtering this rioter, and wad easy to see-
    The rioter pony's nosrils podruced smoke of near draconic rage, and has became red as flame, and dangerouse sound of boiling kettle are heard from his head.

In the unwritten debate rules of Trottingham this was a bad looks.
    "....Don't smarty pants me!" He yell.
    He pull a scroll. "My ancestor's privilige! Your lackeys took it away!"
    He start to jump enraged. "I am the decedant of Smart Cookie! Chancellor Pudding Head gave us the bakery free of charge, taxation-in those trying times, only Smart Cookie could provide steady sales of bred in low cost! And what the dogs of the new tyranny say?!" He bark.
    "That it irrelvant those days!!!"
    Tea Agony snort: " Ohhh... the cat is out of the bag. Is the Kings themselves signed this and even Master Starswirl encouraged it despite being more important then little you, what makes you think you have the power to change the situation? The survival of all depend of Master Starswirl and how he can move make the sun rise and fall...and yet did you ever heard of him storm off the Unicorn capital for an explination? He might have lost his privileges but he does realize this is a good thing and a good direction to never let the Windigos take over our lands once again. "

She snort and continue: " I suggest that instead of complaining, you start giving ponies BETTER products to compete with everypony else. If your products are good and that you provided good service over the year, you would have nothing to worry about. Unless you are telling us you have no good products to sell, hence why you are unhappy about the situation? That's the problem, you know you cannot compete with somepony with decent baking skills? "

She is clearly using the iron while its hot to make the rioter look bad and to rill the crowd agains't him.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-01-03 at 10:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite recovers a bit after a few moments, but gets a shocked look on his face when Tea Agony makes her contribution.

"My good mare, there is no need for such venom!"

He looks to his opponent, and carefully, with a hoof on the wall, moves closer to the doorway so as to be more visible.

"You are a descendant of Smart Cookie? Well firstly, I must thank you for continuing your ancestor's proud legacy of fine baked goods; your chocolate chip biscuits (cookies for the non-Trottish) are among the finest I've had the pleasure to consume, though they are a bit rough on the old waistline."

He cleans his glasses with his hoofkerchief again before continuing.

"If the tax agency has said that your legacy was irrelevant, then I can only imagine that they must have been suffering a minor stroke at the time, for there has not been as fine an earth pony to live in decades as Smart Cookie. Quite frankly, I would have liked to speak with you under different circumstances to hear a relative's account of his deeds."

Lettersprite looks up at the ceiling for a moment to distract from the vast expanse of the city outside before returning his gaze to the heckler.

"But you must remember that Smart Cookie was no simple baker: he was also a great peacemaker. Were it not for your ancestor's efforts and understanding, none of us would stand here today."

"Which is why I ask you to please understand that the taxation of your business is being done to further the cause of your ancestor: the fight for unification is a fight to create a lasting pece between ponies so that misguided hate never invites such foul spirits as windigoes back to our lands."

Lettersprite looks to the ground for a moment before looking back up at his opponent with a determined gaze.

"The tax rate in Lawndon is five bits per month. I do not expect this will bankrupt your business, but should the bakeries of Smart Cookie's descendants ever face financial crisis, I will be the first to offer my aid in arguing for a bailout, and I will do so free of charge."

"The world is changing, yes, but there exist certain ponies and institutions who simply cannot be allowed to fade into memory, and Smart Cookie is one such pony; his bakeries, one such institution."

Lettersprite slowly and carefully moves into a sitting position before putting his hooves over his eyes for a moment. When he removes them, he looks back to his opponent.

[color=blueviolet]"I did not act with the intention of causing you, or anypony, distress, though I expected that some would be inevitable. Nonetheless, I ask for your patience: your patience with your nation, and your patience with the uncertain future. I know not where this ends, but if I have acted correctly and justly, then I dearly hope that Smart Cookie is smiling from the realms beyond, and I hope that one day, perhaps I may sit with you and your kin to hear stories of his life."[color=blueviolet]

And with those words, Lettersprite rises and carefully, and at times unsteadily, makes his way slowly across the street to his opponent's soapbox stand. He nearly collapses from nausea a few times, but catches himself, focuses on the ground, and continues forward.

When he reaches the soapbox, he looks up at the stallion, and offers a hoof.

"I cannot offer to change the tax law: too much effort and compromise has gone into the Treaty of Everfree to change that without irreparable damage. But I can offer my assistance in ensuring your business' survival in times of crisis, and one day, perhaps should you be so inclined, I would be happy to offer my friendship for what it is worth."

"Will you accept this?"

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard keeps watching as the debate keeps moving forward. He wasnt exactly sure how it could have happened that they got involved in the whole situation but he wasnt going to intervene, let alone have Tea Agony back down from what seemed to him as an important matter to her.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

'MY GOODS ARE THE GREATEST GOODS!' The baker with the long baking bloodline bark at Agony, but seemed to be calmed down by Lettersprite.
    He lower his head as he breath deeply and seemed to deflate and calm down.
    It seemed that Lettersprite managed to read this pony- it wasn't actually about the monetary privilige, it was about the recongation and pride.
    He even smile sheepishly.
    'I am sorry for making this havoc. I felt like everypony are forgetting of my family's legacy...' he take Lettersprite's hoof and shake it.
    'I readily accept your offer, good sir! The name is Pumpernickel!'

Maybe a pony like Lettersprite, could really be a good guide for Celestia and Luna for the legal world,and the way to deal with legal conflicts?

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony roll her eyes. She not in the greatest of mood. She recognize that Lettersprite seems to be a good pony however.

Tea Agony prompt the crowd to return to their lives and to not worry about a thing, the conflict has being resolved.

After all, how can they talk to Lettersprite in private if the crowd doesnt leave?

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard nods in agreement. There was not that much time left since they had to get ready for whatever ugly issue that might arise. BubbleGuard ondered how they should try to hire him.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Orc in the Playground

Lettersprite returns the hoofshake with the strength it is offered with.
    "Pumpernickel, it is good to make your acquaintance! We must have tea together some time; I'm sure you've many wonderful stories to tell."

Lettersprite himself seems to deflate a bit as the adrenaline rush fades, but he looks back to Pumpernickel with a kind yet serious look.
    "But please never forget that a nation is not its government: it is its ponies. Our government is changing, yes, and many traditions are being challenged, but I have great faith that the ponies of this nation will keep the country's soul alive regardless of what compromises are necessary for peace."

Lettersprite's gaze softens as he continues.
    "Mainly because of ponies such as yourself who cherish our history so."

And with those words, a change comes over Lettersprite: the adrenaline has faded completely, and he is now outside... He takes one look at the sky, and collapses like a puppet with its strings cut. He's quite obviously shaking...

"Tarp! A, a tarp; please! Or a coat!" he says with his hooves covering his eyes.

"My home! Need to, get, back..."

He... could probably use a little help.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony levitate Bubblegyard scarf and tie it on Lettersprite eyes!

She goes to him: " We will help you. Bubbles, please help me bring it back to his house. "

She gives him a help action (+2) by making him more weightless with Telekenesis.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

With the scarf around Lettersprite's eyes, the stallion begins to calm, though the sudden reduction in his weight startles him slightly.

"Huh? Oh! Oh dear. Oh! I see, you must be a unicorn. Thanks; I'll try to move a bit myself."

Lettersprite shakily gets to his hooves, with the process made easier by Tea Agony's ponykinesis. He is standing still, but he reaches out a hoof blindly in her general direction.

"If you could lead the way back to my apartment, I would be most grateful.

He stumbles a bit from the shaking of his limbs when he tries to walk, curses under his breath, and turns his head in Tea Agony's general direction again.

"It... it might help to have somepony on my other hoof. I'm sorry about this; it's been a problem ever since I was a colt."