New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PEACH] Dvati Race Rework/Conversion to PF

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Broken, why? Shove your twin somewhere safe... and use the burn as much as you need. On second thoughts they would be losing any extra actions/benefits from the other twin so it might be fine.
    Yeah I could see that becoming an issue for someone determined to cheese things with a parasitic style. They're supposed to work together, not feed off of one.
    How about this?
    Ability burn for a temporary increase but afterwards the one that got buffed takes the same amount of burn damage?
    Not sure as of yet how long the boost should last. Constitution modifier? (Before any buffing)

Also, I revised the Living Phylactery to better fit what I thought it should be.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-09-30 at 06:46 PM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunamiatunzen1 View Post
    Yeah I could see that becoming an issue for someone determined to cheese things with a parasitic style. They're supposed to work together, not feed off of one.
    How about this?
    Ability burn for a temporary increase but afterwards the one that got buffed takes the same amount of burn damage?
    Not sure as of yet how long the boost should last. Constitution modifier? (Before any buffing)
    Hmm, I would say a reduced amount... maybe 1/2 so it can still give the boost (And tempt the player to take a lot) and then majorly backfire.
    Also, I revised the Living Phylactery to better fit what I thought it should be.
    This seems better.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. How does this look? Took me a little while to get around to it but it should provide some options for someone that likes to take risks.

Lifeforce Transfusion (Su): Sometimes someone else needs your energy more than you do. You have developed the ability to strengthen the bond that binds you to your twin in order to bolster their own abilities at the cost of wearing down both of your bodies.
    Requirements: Dvati & Mind Over Body
    Benefit: As a Standard Action, one twin may take an amount of ability burn damage from Strength, Dexterity, and/or Constitution to bestow the other twin with a Racial Bonus to the same scores suffering from ability burn equal to half of the ability burn damage.
    Alternatively, one twin may take an amount of nonlethal damage to provide half the amount of nonlethal damage as temporary hit points to the other twin.
    The benefits of either choice last for a number of rounds equal to 1+ (original) Con. modifier. After which, the twin who received the benefits also takes the same amount of damage.
    Damage taken from either choice cannot be healed via magical means and can only be healed naturally after a night's rest.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I would say that's fine, however I would increase the duration to 2+ (new) con mod, similar to the barbarian rage, but it is good as is.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

So, are you done with this project, or are you going to make some more feats for it?

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still working on this, I've just had a bit of a rough time figuring out some new goodies since Teamwork feats already cover a lot of ground. However, I'm going to be adding some Style feats for those Dvati-fans that believe it should be 2 full attacks. I've actually got some of it right here. Also a bit of a niche ability that I thought would be interesting to put in.
    I'm also going to be clarifying Attacks of Opportunity since I realized I hadn't covered that part of their action economy.
    I also need to clarify what feats are Combat Feats.

Spoiler: Always Near (Sp)
    Show
    Some Dvati are not only close in their thoughts but are also rarely seen without the other due to their ability to appear by their twin at a moment's notice by infusing a bit of latent magic into their bond to pull them to their other half.
    Requirements: Dvati & Character level 7th
    Benefit: As a Full-Round action, one twin may appear in an adjacent square that is unoccupied as the Teleport spell with the following differences:
    This has a range of 'personal' only, has a range of 100 miles, is considered Very Familiar if Innate Mindlink (Su) is active, and grappling or any restraints (mundane or magical) automatically thwart any attempts by the twin attempting to teleport.
    This ability may be used a number of times per day equal to 1 + Cha. modifier (minimum 1/day)

Style Feats:
    NOTE: All of these Style Feats follow the normal rules for Style feats and are also considered Combat Feats.

Divergent Combatants Style:
    This style emphasizes each twin as an individual rather than as a whole by temporarily breaking the bond that holds them together. This is extremely disconcerting and usually causes the twins to become somewhat distant from each other... for a Dvati.

Spoiler: Shattered Bond
    Show
    Requirements: Dvati & BAB +6
    Benefits: When both twins enter this style they may, as a free action, choose to become staggered for 1 round; shaken for 4 rounds; and lose access to Act As One (Ex), Innate Mindlink (Su), Pair Link, Spell Conductor, and may not initiate Teamwork feats using the other twin for 4 rounds. They must be capable of a full-round action in order to use this feat. At the beginning of their next turn, each twin may make a full attack, ignoring the usual restrictions on full-attacks. Afterwards, they are dazed for 1 round and then staggered for 1 round.
    The conditions bestowed by this feat cannot be prevented or removed by magical means.

Spoiler: Partitioned Bond
    Show
    Requirements: Dvati & Shattered Bond
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond, they are not shaken and do not lose access to Act As One (Ex), Innate Mindlink (Su), Pair Link, Spell Conductor, and may initiate Teamwork feats using the other twin.

Spoiler: Reforged Bond
    Show
    Requirements: Dvati, Shattered Bond, Partitioned Bond, & BAB +11
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond; each twin may make a full attack instead of being staggered for 1 round first. They still suffer the penalties after they use Shattered Bond.
    They may use Shattered Bond to cause one twin to become unaffected by any mind-affecting effect currently affecting both twins for 1 round by rolling against the original Will Save DC (This cannot be used to negate Shattered Bond's conditions). This may be done so long as they would be able to execute a full-round action if successful. Only one twin becomes unaffected and both twins are once again affected by any mind affecting effects if the duration has not expired or been dispelled.

Synchronized Combatants Style:
    While others may work extremely well together, their teamwork pales in comparison to Dvati twins who know each other far more intimately than any other being alive. This style stems from the natural teamwork between the twins and emphasizes their very nature.

Spoiler: Synchronized Opportunity
    Show
    Requirement: Dvati
    Benefit: Once per round, whenever a Dvati twin succeeds on an attack, the twin that attacked may take an aid another action as a free action to aid the other twin. This may be done even if it is not your turn.

Spoiler: Combat Duality
    Show
    Requirements: Dvati & Synchronized Combatants
    Benefit: Once per round, whenever a twin would be targeted for an attack, the other twin may make an attack of opportunity against the attacking creature.
    Additionally, whenever a twin would benefit from Synchronized Opportunity, they also gain +2 to their next attack against that enemy (if they chose to provide a bonus to AC) or +2 AC against that enemy's next attack (if they chose to provide a bonus to attack).

Spoiler: Flawless Teamwork
    Show
    Requirements: Dvati, Synchronized Combatants, Combat Duality, & BAB +6
    Benefit: Once per round, whenever a Dvati twin makes an aid another check, they make take 10 on this check.
    In addition, whenever a twin performs an aid another check for their twin, they deal extra damage equal to the bonus they received for their attack roll. This damage is not multiplied on a critical hit. The enemy also takes a penalty on their next damage roll against the twin that is benefitting from the aid another check equal to the bonus to AC being provided by the aid another check.
    The damage bonuses and penalties do not apply if they take 10 on their aid another check.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-16 at 06:38 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm still working on this, I've just had a bit of a rough time figuring out some new goodies since Teamwork feats already cover a lot of ground. However, I'm going to be adding some Style feats for those Dvati-fans that believe it should be 2 full attacks. I've actually got some of it right here. Also a bit of a niche ability that I thought would be interesting to put in.
    I'm also going to be clarifying Attacks of Opportunity since I realized I hadn't covered that part of their action economy.
    Cool, oh, I remember what I was gonna ask... Would you be alright if I made a racial paragon class for this? (Not sure exactly what I would do honestly). Also, I would make them able to take Able learner.
    -Always Near (Sp):
    Some Dvati are not only close in their thoughts but are also rarely seen without the other due to their ability to appear by their twin at a moment's notice by infusing a bit of latent magic into their bond to pull them to their other half.
    Requirements: Dvati & Character level 7th
    Benefit: As a Full-Round action, one twin may appear in an adjacent square that is unoccupied as the Teleport spell with the following differences:
    This has a range of 'personal' only, has a range of 100 miles, is considered Very Familiar if Innate Mindlink (Su) is active, and grappling or any restraints (mundane or magical) automatically thwart any attempts by the twin attempting to teleport.
    This ability may be used a number of times per day equal to 1 + Cha. modifier (minimum 1/day)
    I would make it greater TP just so they don't accidentaly tp somewhere else but keep everything else the same.
    Style Feats:
    NOTE: All of these Style Feats follow the normal rules for Style feats and are also considered Combat Feats.

Divergent Combatants Style:
    This style emphasizes each twin as an individual rather than as a whole by temporarily breaking the bond that holds them together. This usually causes the twins to become somewhat distant from each other... for a Dvati.

-Shattered Bond:
    Requirements: Dvati & BAB +6
    Benefits: When both twins enter this style they may choose to become staggered for 1 round; shaken for 4 rounds; and lose access to Act As One (Ex), Innate Mindlink (Su), Pair Link, Spell Conductor, and may not initiate Teamwork feats using the other twin for 4 rounds. They must be capable of a full-round action in order to use this feat. At the beginning of their next turn, each twin may make a full attack, ignoring the usual restrictions on full-attacks. Afterwards, they are dazed for 1 round and then staggered for 1 round.
    The conditions bestowed by this feat cannot be prevented or removed by magical means.
    Ouch... So you are staggered for round 1 (assuming the "become staggered for 1 round" starts as soon as the feat is activated) shaken for rounds 1-4, and lose access to a lot of abilities... Then round 2 you get 2 full attacks, then you are dazed for round 3, and staggered for round 4... thus losing what may have been 2 full attacks... This is worse then just full attacking with your Dvati... As is if you look at the actions under Dvati (Opening Post) you get a standard action for each... so uhm... I guess you are still going spellcaster if you play one...
    -Partitioned Bond:
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond, they do not lose access to Act As One (Ex), Innate Mindlink (Su), Pair Link, Spell Conductor, and may initiate Teamwork feats using the other twin.
    Still not that good, considering the penalties of the aforementioned feat... more of a feat tax if you take the feat then anything else...
    -Reforged Bond:
    Requirements: Dvati, Shattered Bond, Partitione Bond, & BAB +11
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond; each twin may make a full attack instead of being staggered for 1 round first and they do not become shaken. They still suffer the penalties after they use Shattered Bond.
    Hmm, you still behind if you just split attacks...
    Synchronized Combatants Style:
    While others may work extremely well together, their teamwork pales in comparison to Dvati twins who know each other far more intimately than any other being alive. This style emphasizes teamwork between the twins and emphasizing their very nature.
    -Synchronized Opportunity:
    Requirement: Dvati
    Benefit: Once per round, whenever a Dvati twin succeeds on an attack, the twin that attacked may take an aid another action as a free action to aid the other twin. This may be done even if it is not your turn.
    -Combat Duality
    Requirements: Dvati & Synchronized Combatants
    Benefit: Once per round, whenever a twin would be targeted for an attack, the other twin may make an attack of opportunity against the attacking creature.
    Additionally, whenever a twin would benefit from Synchronized Opportunity, they also gain +2 attack (if they chose to provide a bonus to AC) or +2 AC (if they chose to provide a bonus to attack).
    Well, as is there is no range limits... Can I get a bow, split my attacks and whenever my frontliner is attacked get an AoO still?

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool, oh, I remember what I was gonna ask... Would you be alright if I made a racial paragon class for this? (Not sure exactly what I would do honestly). Also, I would make them able to take Able learner.

I would make it greater TP just so they don't accidentaly tp somewhere else but keep everything else the same.

Ouch... So you are staggered for round 1 (assuming the "become staggered for 1 round" starts as soon as the feat is activated) shaken for rounds 1-4, and lose access to a lot of abilities... Then round 2 you get 2 full attacks, then you are dazed for round 3, and staggered for round 4... thus losing what may have been 2 full attacks... This is worse then just full attacking with your Dvati... As is if you look at the actions under Dvati (Opening Post) you get a standard action for each... so uhm... I guess you are still going spellcaster if you play one...

Still not that good, considering the penalties of the aforementioned feat... more of a feat tax if you take the feat then anything else...

Hmm, you still behind if you just split attacks...

Well, as is there is no range limits... Can I get a bow, split my attacks and whenever my frontliner is attacked get an AoO still?
    I can't tell you what not to do so you can do it. I'm not entirely sure how it would work out though.

1. If I were to do Greater Teleport, I'd change it back to a 1/day ability but I really do not like 1/day stuff. It's extremely unlikely that this feat is going to be selected but I'd like there to be a possibility that they get landed into an unexpected situation should their link be cut. Greater Teleportation is a little too cut and dry for what I envisioned.

2. Divergent Combatants Style doesn't remove Dvati Casting. It still means that each twin needs to use up the same actions to cast anything. Thus spellcasting becomes an extremely poor choice under most circumstances with this Style Feat tree. I didn't want this to be a good trade since that's what puts off most DM's with this race. I'm even hesitant to go at a 1:1 ratio. I might redo that feat tree.

3. Yeah but you'd be missing out on the aid another check since what you're proposing relies on a ranged attack and unless they went into that Teamwork feat, aid another checks are limited to melee.
    In other words, it works but you're missing out on most of this tree's power.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I can't tell you what not to do so you can do it. I'm not entirely sure how it would work out though.

1. If I were to do Greater Teleport, I'd change it back to a 1/day ability but I really do not like 1/day stuff. It's extremely unlikely that this feat is going to be selected but I'd like there to be a possibility that they get landed into an unexpected situation should their link be cut. Greater Teleportation is a little too cut and dry for what I envisioned.
    Fair enough
    2. Divergent Combatants Style doesn't remove Dvati Casting. It still means that each twin needs to use up the same actions to cast anything. Thus spellcasting becomes an extremely poor choice under most circumstances with this Style Feat tree. I didn't want this to be a good trade since that's what puts off most DM's with this race. I'm even hesitant to go at a 1:1 ratio. I might redo that feat tree.
    My bad, don't know what I was thinking
    3. Yeah but you'd be missing out on the aid another check since what you're proposing relies on a ranged attack and unless they went into that Teamwork feat, aid another checks are limited to melee.
    In other words, it works but you're missing out on most of this tree's power.
    Fair enough

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. reworked 2 of the Divergent Combatant Feats.

Show
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond, they are not shaken and do not lose access to Act As One (Ex), Innate Mindlink (Su), Pair Link, Spell Conductor, and may initiate Teamwork feats using the other twin.

Show
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond; each twin may make a full attack instead of being staggered for 1 round first. They still suffer the penalties after they use Shattered Bond.
    They may use Shattered Bond to cause one twin to become unaffected by any mind-affecting effect currently affecting both twins for 1 round by rolling against the original Will Save DC (This cannot be used to negate Shattered Bond's conditions). This may be done so long as they would be able to execute a full-round action if successful. Only one twin becomes unaffected and both twins are once again affected by any mind affecting effects if the duration has not expired or been dispelled.

Also finished up the last Synchronized Combatant Feat.
    Show
    Benefit: Once per round, whenever a Dvati twin makes an aid another check, they make take 10 on this check.
    In addition, whenever a twin performs an aid another check for their twin, they deal extra damage equal to the bonus they received for their attack roll. This damage is not multiplied on a critical hit. The enemy also takes a penalty on their next damage roll against the twin that is benefitting from the aid another check equal to the bonus to AC being provided by the aid another check.
    The damage bonuses and penalties do not apply if they take 10 on their aid another check.

P.S. Cleaned up some of the wording on a few of the feats. (Can't remember which ones though)
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-16 at 06:38 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Thought it was important to put the Changelog up this time around.

10/17/17 Added Always Near, moved Synchronized Combatants to new Style Feat tree, and added two Style Feat Trees: Divergent Combatants & Synchronized Combatants. Also clarified Attacks of Opportunities and further clarified Full Attacks for Dvati.

Also, wondering if there is an existing way to allow others to use Racial Feats that an ally has. Otherwise, I think I know a good Teamwork feat to work on.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-17 at 02:19 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

O.K. reworked 2 of the Divergent Combatant Feats.

Show

Show
    Honestly, these seem sort of... feat tax-y... I mean spell and blade lets you get a spell plus your other action... (Still not 2 spells), so making a RKV with one of these is nice, but making a straight melee? Less so... Seems like the race is more useful for gishing... I would condense it to 2 feats, or if you do the 3rd make them lose the penalties completely...
    Also finished up the last Synchronized Combatant Feat.
    Show

P.S. Cleaned up some of the wording on a few of the feats. (Can't remember which ones though)
    Flawless teamwork seems alright.

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, these seem sort of... feat tax-y... I mean spell and blade lets you get a spell plus your other action... (Still not 2 spells), so making a RKV with one of these is nice, but making a straight melee? Less so... Seems like the race is more useful for gishing... I would condense it to 2 feats, or if you do the 3rd make them lose the penalties completely...

Flawless teamwork seems alright.
    I'm not familiar with the term RKV and gish.
    If I want to stay true to the Style Feats, it has to be 3. I'm still not entirely comfortable giving them what amounts to a spammable Greater Haste (3.5 only I found out) but perhaps I could do something a little toned down.

Only all right? Try making a true aid another build and you can keep buffing or nerfing someone's damage by +/- 10 or more. Evidently there are magic items that allow you to put the weapon's enhancement bonus towards the aid another bonus your ally receives.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm not familiar with the term RKV and gish.
    If I want to stay true to the Style Feats, it has to be 3. I'm still not entirely comfortable giving them what amounts to a spammable Greater Haste (3.5 only I found out) but perhaps I could do something a little toned down.
    RKV: Ruby Knight Vindicator (Tome of Battle)
    Gish: Think duskblade PHB II, or better yet, here is the gish handbook
    [/quote]
    Only all right? Try making a true aid another build and you can keep buffing or nerfing someone's damage by +/- 10 or more. Evidently there are magic items that allow you to put the weapon's enhancement bonus towards the aid another bonus your ally receives.[/QUOTE]
    I meant it wasn't straight out broken

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. take three on this Style Feat Tree

Show
    In addition; while the twins remain in this stance, they each gain a pool of temporary hit points per character level equal to half of their individual hit points (round up). These temporary hit points are replenished whenever they get a full night's rest. Should the twins drop the stance and then enter it again, the temporary hit points are not refreshed. They remain at the same amount as what they had before it they exited the stance.

Show
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond; each twin may make a full attack instead of being staggered for 1 round first and they do not suffer the penalties after they use Shattered Bond.
    They may benefit from this feat once every 1d3 rounds.

The flavor for each of these Style feats is coming up.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

O.K. take three on this Style Feat Tree

Show
    In addition; while the twins remain in this stance, they each gain a pool of temporary hit points per character level equal to half of their individual hit points (round up). These temporary hit points are replenished whenever they get a full night's rest. Should the twins drop the stance and then enter it again, the temporary hit points are not refreshed. They remain at the same amount as what they had before it they exited the stance.
    Bold my own
    So, say my twins each have a pool of 30 HP and they are 10th level (I grabbed random numbers). the temp HP pool would be 150? Or did you mean per twin? In which case they would both get 15 temp HP?
    Show
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond; each twin may make a full attack instead of being staggered for 1 round first and they do not suffer the penalties after they use Shattered Bond.
    They may benefit from this feat once every 1d3 rounds.

The flavor for each of these Style feats is coming up.
    Yes, I like reforged bond this way, a lot more.

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Bold my own
    So, say my twins each have a pool of 30 HP and they are 10th level (I grabbed random numbers). the temp HP pool would be 150? Or did you mean per twin? In which case they would both get 15 temp HP?

Yes, I like reforged bond this way, a lot more.
    1. Ugh, sorry. That was left over from something I started. It's just supposed to be half health.

2. This way, it will allow them to double up on the full attacks but they can't always avoid the inaction phase all the time. I might actually take it off of a dice roll since an extremely lucky player could use it quite frequently.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

1. Ugh, sorry. That was left over from something I started. It's just supposed to be half health.
    Ah, alright
    2. This way, it will allow them to double up on the full attacks but they can't always avoid the inaction phase all the time. I might actually take it off of a dice roll since an extremely lucky player could use it quite frequently.
    I think that chance is part of what makes the game fun, I would keep it, although OMV (opinions may vary)

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. Cleaned it up and made the dice roll a flat number since it was kind of a wonky die anyways. This way it should be more consistent. Anyone who wants to double up on those full attacks can but it's not going to be a frequent event (Though it might be rather dramatic to say the least).

Show
    In addition; while the twins remain in this stance, they each gain a pool of temporary hit points equal to half of their individual hit points (round up). This pool is refreshed whenever they get a full night's rest. Should the twins drop the stance and then enter it again, these temporary hit points are not refreshed. The amount remains the same as the previous total they had before they exited the stance.

Show
    They may benefit from this feat once every 6 rounds.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, alright

I think that chance is part of what makes the game fun, I would keep it, although OMV (opinions may vary)
    Let's just say that Lady Luck and I don't exactly have the best of working relationships... If I try to roll a bunch of dice, I somehow end up with 3 lemons. Double-headed coin and call heads? I'll lose the coin...
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I would make reforged bond either 3 or 4 (leaning towards 3) rounds to wait, as 6 is a long wait... and you used a d3 originally. Although, that is my personal opinion, it still works as is.

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I would make reforged bond either 3 or 4 (leaning towards 3) rounds to wait, as 6 is a long wait... and you used a d3 originally. Although, that is my personal opinion, it still works as is.
    Actually, here's what I'm going to do, I realized that doing a burst of full attacks with that initial stagger just doesn't fit with flavor. In that case, I'm just going to remove it completely with Reforged. Here's the feat that just keeps coming back!

Show
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond; each twin may make a full attack instead of being staggered for 1 round first.
    Once every 6 rounds, they do not suffer the Dazed or Shaken conditions when using Shattered Bond.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-18 at 11:37 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Actually, here's what I'm going to do, I realized that doing a burst of full attacks with that initial stagger just doesn't fit with flavor. In that case, I'm just going to remove it completely with Reforged. Here's the feat that just keeps coming back!

Show
    Benefits: Whenever the twins use Shattered Bond; each twin may make a full attack instead of being staggered for 1 round first.
    Once every 6 rounds, they do not suffer the Dazed or Shaken conditions when using Shattered Bond.
    Hmm, that does the same, and also explains why they can't just do it until X rounds have passed. I like it

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. I put up some flavor for the Style Feats. I'm also trying to find a game to put this race in if you have any ideas.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

O.K. I put up some flavor for the Style Feats. I'm also trying to find a game to put this race in if you have any ideas.
    I'd try the PbP stuff, I would but with college and what not going on i just don't have the time

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. here are a few more ideas for some magic support.

Spoiler: Improved Spell Conductor
    Show

Requirement:Dvati
    Benefits: You may use Spell Conductor on any spell that is listed as harmless, not just touch range spells, and the spell need not have been cast by you.

Spoiler: Aided Casting (Metamagic)
    Show

Requirement:Dvati & capable of casting 3rd-level spells
    Benefits: When both twins spend their actions to cast a spell, they may make a caster check equal to 15 + level of the spell being cast. If they succeed, the spell is cast as normal but a spell slot 1 level lower (at least a 1st level spell slot) is expended instead. They may attempt this check a number of times per day equal to 1 + ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells.
    This does not increase or decrease the spell level or its Save DC but it increases the casting time if the caster is a spontaneous caster.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Aided casting needs something saying you can't cast spells of a level you can't access.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Aided casting needs something saying you can't cast spells of a level you can't access.
    Good point. Also, as it is they could easily get their highest level spells over and over. So I'm going to put a limit to that too.
    So here it is again.

Spoiler: Aided Casting (Metamagic)
    Show

Requirement:Dvati & capable of casting 3rd-level spells
    Benefits: When both twins spend their actions to cast a spell of at least 1 level lower than the highest level spell that they know, they may make a caster check equal to 15 + the level of the spell being cast. If they succeed, the spell is cast as normal but a spell slot 1 level lower (at least a 1st level spell slot) is expended instead. They may attempt this check a number of times per day equal to 1 + ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells.
    This does not increase or decrease the spell level or its Save DC but it increases the casting time if the caster is a spontaneous caster.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-19 at 04:47 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I like it

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

So it's come to my attention that there is still a way for this race to cast two spells at once. Intricate Spellcasting seems like one way to do it but I'd like some help in figuring out how else they could do so.

P.S. Also added Aided Casting to the list since I forgot to earlier.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-27 at 03:36 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander