Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Gluteus Maximus' 5e (T)Rollstraveganza

This is the second OOC of 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II, following the first OOC that spanned 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. I and about a quarter through 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. II, and probably will last about 90% of the way through 5e Adventure By Me. Yeah. III.

Player Character Race&Class
    Ramsus Altiui lizardfolk druid
    Jrpergande78 Da'ar draconian ... paladin?
    currently NPC Arkhen human sorlock
    Dragonus45 Garrat human monk
    TheArcaneCaster Kythor tiefling mystic
    Dimers Sembal half-elf bard
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-07-17 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    I am nonbinary.

Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Gluteus Maximus' 5e (T)Rollstraveganza

Character Sheets

Thread History

Quest Log

1. Chapter I: Sherfield (complete!)
      • Guard merchants en route to Sherfield
      • Meet Wagon Rider
      • Fight through Myconid infestation in Sherfield (Zuzu rescued)

2. Chapter II: The Mage Tower (complete!)
      • Meet Zanan's family in Newport
      • Help the Growlhammer Clan infiltrate the Mage Tower (Ox rescued)
      • Defeat the Chilly-Chilly ice mage

3. Chapter III: Darkmist Swamp (complete!)
      • Beat back the toadfolk ambush
      • Reunite the party
      • Slay the Medusa (Altiui joins)
      • Survive the Dark-Dark Man in Mufbridge

4. Chapter IV: The Adventurer's League (complete!)
      • Join the Adventurer's League (Da'ar joins)
      • Infiltrate cultist hideout in Firwood Hill
      • Capture Serevus Acuneus, the Necromancer
      • Placate Steelbark, the Treant
      • Destroy Serevus Acuneus

5. Chapter V: Da'ar's Sidequest - Rescue Kriv! (in progress)
      • Infiltrate Castle Gottesblitz
      • Free Kriv from Sea Stone chains with key from goblin shaman Grobbilus
      • Deal with the wraiths and Big Boss Chauncey

6. Chapter VI: Pursue the Wagon Rider! (pending)
      • Wagon Rider last sighted in port towards Sunart Island

Unresolved Character Hooks

1. General
      • How to deal with the fruit, "Curse of the Marksman"? Eat it and gain strange powers and debilitating weaknesses, or sell it for 700 gold?

2. Altiui
      • Altiui's king has instructed her to negotiate with mischievous fey acting up on Sunart Island

3. Arkhen
      • The ring Arkhen is wearing seems to want to take control of her...

4. Da'ar
      • No pending character hooks

5. Ox
      • See comrades settled and safe
      • Stop hallucinating presence of family
      • Reunite with family
      • Free homeland from tyranny (since Tyrant is dead and her son occupies the throne, it may not be so bad and news of a pardon is enough)
      • Achieve leisure without toil (would he get restless?)
      • Find "dream girl" (had eyes for his cousin Gwen in the homeland he's exiled from; had eyes for Sarissa who is now petrified)
      • Wants another drink!

6. Zanan
      • Long-term goal is to get rich, buy his half-orc community tons of political influence, and break the chains of prejudice

7. Zuzu
      • Zuzu still wants to save Sarissa from her petrification curse
      • Zuzu received a letter from "Portalcrafter". What does Bres the Fomorian Prince want with Zuzu?
      • What is the fey creature, and why does it want Zuzu to go through a portal?

Spoiler: Group Summary
    Show

Magic Items Wish List

1. Altiui
    2. Arkhen
      • ​Bracers of Archery
      • Rod of the Pact Keeper +1 / +2 / +3
      • Ritual spell scrolls (up to level 3) or any of the more utility-focused magic items could be good?

3. Da'ar
      • Pearl of Power
      • Holy Symbol +1 / +2 / +3

4. Ossian
      • ​Anti-magic shield
      • Vessel of endless ale/whiskey
      • Platter of endless corned beef with some mustard and cabbage on the side
      • A comfortable bed
      • Shelter
      • Never be too cold again!

5. Zanan
      • A badass greataxe or maul
      • Or whateva is cool. It's all good.

6. Zuzu
      • Glamoured Studded Leather Armor +1
      • Cap of Water Breathing
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-10-24 at 10:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    I am nonbinary.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I'd just like to note, Altiui's surname isn't Wing. That's just the translation of her name into Common.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I've taken the liberty of updating my first post in this thread with an abbreviated Quest History. I also have a list of current character hooks, but make no guarantees that I have them all (since obviously I only pay special attention to Zuzu's quests)

Also, what do you think about having a "magic item wish list", for consideration by GM? No obligation for GM to give to us, of course. Because obviously it will increase power. This list does not include general purpose items that everyone can use, such as weapon+1/2/3, armor+1/2/3, luckstone (+1 all ability checks), and ioun stones of all kinds.

1. Zuzu: Zuzu is already maxed out on Intelligence, and although having an item that grants 19 strength (Gauntlets of Ogre Power) would be amusing, I think I'd rather have utility items that increase his survivability
      • Glamoured Studded Leather Armor (Rare), armor can change appearance at user's command; +1 AC (Zuzu already has the change appearance part; he just doesn't have the +1 AC part)
      • Cap of Water Breathing (Uncommon): Able to breathe underwater (mitigates weakness of Clone-Clone fruit - Zuzu still can't move in water but he won't drown at least)

2. Da'ar: Da'ar's damage output using normal weapons is very low, since she doesn't have extra attack like Zanan, or scaling sneak attack like Ox. Her best basic attack is essentially Sacred Flame and not a mace to the face. Obviously, Da'ar will benefit quite a bit from having an upgraded holy symbol that adds a bonus to spell attack and save DC - I'm just not listing it because all spellcasters benefit from it (except Zuzu unless you house-rule that his psionic talents are essentially spells and can be boosted by magical spell focuses )
      • Pearl of Power (Uncommon; requires attunement by a spellcaster): Once per day, regain an expended spell slot of up to level 3; pearl recharges at dawn (this gives Da'ar an additional level 3 spell slot per long rest)
      • Boots of Elvenkind (Uncommon): User's footsteps make no sound; user has advantage on all Stealth checks (this neutralizes Da'ar's permanent disadvantage on stealth due to wearing heavy armor)

3. Ox: 2D8HP prefers to play relatively straightforward and uncomplicated characters. So, I think something that grants a flat boost to combat effectiveness would be better for Ox.
      • Bracers of Archery (Uncommon): +2 hit and damage for bows (however, this doesn't synergize with his +1 crossbow without a house rule, but will still work with his greatbow) - note that this is also great for Arkhen.
      • Sun Blade (Rare, requires attunement): Essentially a lightsaber (1d8 radiant damage). This is a longsword that can be used with Dexterity. Adds +2 to hit and damage, deals extra 1d8 damage to undead, and can use as a light source. (Essentially a flat out bonus to melee damage output on par with the bracers)
      • Horn of Blasting (Uncommon): Can use action to speak horn's command word and blow it. This creates a 30-foot cone blast of thunder; all creatures caught in this must make a DC 15 CON save. On fail, 5d6 thunder damage and be deafened for 1 minute. On save, half damage only. After blowing, roll 1d5; on a 1, horn explodes, dealing 10d6 ire damage to user and destroying the horn (Yes, this is a bit complex, but it gives Ox an AOE attack option that can backfire quite spectacularly. BLISTERING BARNA--BOOM!)
      • Alchemy Jug (Uncommon): Can produce one type of liquid once per day. Choose from acid, poison, beer, honey, mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, freshwater, saltwater, and wine. (No direct combat value - except for the ability to shoot poison arrows I guess, but I think Ox might like the roleplaying potential!)
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-10-10 at 12:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'll wait one more day to see if Sicarius Victis has anything for Arkhen to say.

Zergrinch, nice work with the quest log and everything. I'll do a wish list myself later if GM approves the idea.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

I like the idea of the Pearl. Hoping to get one now.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post

Also, what do you think about having a "magic item wish list", for consideration by GM?

• Ox: 2D8HP prefers to play relatively straightforward and uncomplicated characters. So, I think something that grants a flat boost to combat effectiveness would be better for Ox.
      • Alchemy Jug (Uncommon): Can produce one type of liquid once per day. Choose from acid, poison, beer, honey, mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, freshwater, saltwater, and wine. (No direct combat value - except for the ability to shoot poison arrows I guess, but I think Ox might like the roleplaying potential!)

A man of my lineage catches a Leprechaun.

The Leprechaun tells him,

"Well you caught me, now what wishes do you want granted to let me go?"

"Um... give me a magic whiskey bottle that is never empty no matter how much I drink from it"

"Here you go!

"Aye 'tis good whiskey"

"Now make another wish, I've got places to go!"

"Don't rush me, I'm thinking!"

"C'mon don't keep me waiting make your wish!"

"Alright, give me another bottle like this one!"
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, you could also opt for the Decanter of Endless Water, if Ox is trying to stay sober :p

https://open5e.com/equipment/magic-i...ess-water.html
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-10-10 at 12:42 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm here.

No current quests for Zanan. Long term goal: get rich, buy half-orc community tons of political influence. Break the chains of prejudice.

Current magic items: Jump Ring. Fall like a Feather Ring. Comms Stone.

Magic Wants: A badass great axe or maul. Or whateva is cool. It's all good.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

You can put out your magic item wants if you want to but no guarantees, of course.
    I am nonbinary.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Did Air Team get an answer about how best to kill the wraiths?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, probably a page or 2 ago
    Post #708 to be exact
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-10-12 at 12:16 AM.
    I am nonbinary.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I either totally missed that or totally forgot about that. Thanks. How many north towers are there? I'm considering dropping Arhken off if there's more than one and letting you NPC them or whatever to divide the tower amongst us.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Zanan is in another room. In your room is the Wraith next to you and outside a few dozen feet away is the hill giant.

Oh.

Another bolt to the Wraith then.

IC

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jrpergande78, I don't think you can add WIS mod to Sacred Flame. That's kind of a feature Light Clerics get at level 8...
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

There are two north towers.
    I am nonbinary.

19. - Top - End - #19

MonkGuy

The plus 3 on sacred flame is actually the proficiency that can be added to all attacks including spells.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2017-10-13 at 04:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Hey,
    @mgshamster,

My knowledge of "Where there be Dragons" geography is poor (If I can't get there using BART I have at most only at a vague idea of where it's at), but even as far south as whete I am I smell smoke and see ash.

Since I recall that you live in northier northern California I hope you and your loved ones are A OK.

IC

21. - Top - End - #21

Sorry, everyone. I only expected to be a few days; if I'd known I'd be out so long, I'd have tried to post a bit more beforehand. I'll try to start posting again pretty quickly.

@Zergrinch Two notes for your bookkeeping: first, Arkhen didn't do anything with the Marskman-whatever-it's-called fruit. While she does plan to use a fruit eventually, the Marksman-whatever fruit was described as only giving thrown-weapon attacks. Arkhen doesn't have much use for that, as even without her bow Eldritch Blast is still a pretty good at-will attack. Second: Arrowsoul and 'su'kiddash are basically just two different surnames for Arkhen, OoC it doesn't matter which you use.

Magic item wishlist: I'm really not sure. There's not much she really uses, anyways. Bracers of Archery and Rod of the Pact Keeper are always nice, but not really necessities. Besides those, ritual spell scrolls and any of the more utility-focused magic items could be good? I mean, I suppose a Sphere of Annihilation might be nice?

Edit: Oh, right, I've also got more possible "hooks" for Arkhen, but they're WiP and at least some of them I'd prefer to discuss beforehand with GM anyways.
    Last edited by Sicarius Victis; 2017-10-13 at 03:51 AM.

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius Victis View Post
    @Zergrinch Two notes for your bookkeeping: first, Arkhen didn't do anything with the Marskman-whatever-it's-called fruit. While she does plan to use a fruit eventually, the Marksman-whatever fruit was described as only giving thrown-weapon attacks. Arkhen doesn't have much use for that, as even without her bow Eldritch Blast is still a pretty good at-will attack. Second: Arrowsoul and 'su'kiddash are basically just two different surnames for Arkhen, OoC it doesn't matter which you use.

Magic item wishlist: I'm really not sure. There's not much she really uses, anyways. Bracers of Archery and Rod of the Pact Keeper are always nice, but not really necessities. Besides those, ritual spell scrolls and any of the more utility-focused magic items could be good?
    #1: Yup, that's why I have it under the section "Unresolved Character Hooks". Once Arkhen decides to eat it or throw it away, then I'll remove it.

#2: Okiedoke, changed character name to something easier for me to read :)

#3: Zuzu is holding on to a scroll of Silence. Besides that, the following rituals are fair game. Zuzu also stole three transmutation spell books from the necromancer - maybe there are transmutation ritual spells in there! :
    • Level 1: Alarm, Ceremony, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Guiding Hand, Find Familiar, Identify, Illusory Script, Purify Food and Drink, Speak with Animals, Tenser's Floating Disk, Unseen Servant, Wild Cunning
    • Level 2: Animal Messenger, Augury, Beast Sense, Gentle Repose, Locate Animals or Plants, Magic Mouth, Silence, Skywrite
    • Level 3: Feign Death, Leomund's Tiny Hut, Meld into Stone, Phantom Steed, Water Breathing, Water Walk
    • Level 4 (available at Warlock lv. 7): Divination
    • Level 5 (available at Warlock lv. 9): Commune, Commune with Nature, Contact Other Plane, Rary's Telepathic Bond
    • Level 6 (available at Warlock lv. 11): Drawmij's Instant Summon, Forbiddance
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-10-13 at 04:06 AM.
    Now Playing

23. - Top - End - #23

What I'd meant about the fruit was that AFAIK Arkhen hadn't actually taken it in the first place. I don't remember exactly what happened to it, but after identifying it Arkhen had lost interest pretty quickly.

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Altiui found it originally, then it was laid out on the table with all the other treasure, and no one specifically decided to take it.
    I am nonbinary.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thanks for the support.

My aunt and uncle we're evacuated. They're currently staying on their boat, but their house is ok so far.

My wife's cousin was evacuated. As of yesterday the evacuation order was rescinded and they went back home. The fire stopped 10 houses from theirs.

It's nowhere close to me. The closest fire is about an hour's drive away.

If you're looking at a map, I'm outside of Placerville. The fire affecting my family is in Nevada City (wife's cousin) and Napa (my aunt and uncle).

My brother is in Nevada City as well, but he's unaffected. I'm taking his daughter out to the circus tonight with my kids.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by mgshamster View Post

Glad your family is alright.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius Victis View Post
    What I'd meant about the fruit was that AFAIK Arkhen hadn't actually taken it in the first place. I don't remember exactly what happened to it, but after identifying it Arkhen had lost interest pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    I'm pretty sure Altiui found it originally, then it was laid out on the table with all the other treasure, and no one specifically decided to take it.
    OH. Arkhen didn't take it. My bad. In that case that's a general unresolved hook and not just specific to Arkhen. I suppose if ever I want to retire Zuzu, he can just eat it and make a pretty explosion. :)

---

Glad to hear everyone's fine. Kind of strange that massive forest fires are happening in the United States, of all places. And with semi-regular frequency, no less.

Makes you think that perhaps controlled intentional fires may need to be set occasionally to get rid of dry brush and other such detritus before too much accumulates.
    Now Playing

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    ....if I want to retire Zuzu, he can just eat it and make a pretty explosion. :)

NOOOO!

Zuzu is our leader!

Glad to hear everyone's fine. Kind of strange that massive forest fires are happening....

Yeah, the air (in San Francisco!) has a haze that reminds me of 1970's/80's Los Angeles.

It's weird and I can smell smoke (especially at dark o'clock in the morning).

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it's been a little less severe down where I live but still the day before yesterday and today I could definitely feel the smoke in the air as I breathed. Not pleasant. Glad we're all doing ok.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post
    The plus 3 on sacred flame is actually the proficiency that can be added to all attacks including spells.
    I'm not sure it works that way. Proficiency can *never* be added to damage rolls to my knowledge, only attack rolls, and Sacred Flame forces a save. Also, Sacred Flame is all or nothing; a made save doesn't still deal half damage. I know this because I played a cleric once and my only plan of attack was sacred flame, sacred flame, sacred flame, sacred flame.
    I am nonbinary.