Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1427
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms OOC pt6

I second this notion.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    I second this notion.
    Motion passed!
    I'll sort it out in the next IC post
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

This pleases Goat.

DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

4. - Top - End - #1324

Kavaki be Praised!!
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

Enter the Goat!

@Fellhammer
    Could you post your new character sheet or did you just update your original one?
    Assume that you headed back to the arena seeking your friends and were intercepted by an agent of Manzorian who met you and then passed you through his magical teleportation portrait to support the others where you've then followed the trail of destruction through the Pyramid

6. - Top - End - #1326

ďOh crap,Ē Kyuss, probably.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Enter the Goat!

@Fellhammer
    Could you post your new character sheet or did you just update your original one?
    Assume that you headed back to the arena seeking your friends and were intercepted by an agent of Manzorian who met you and then passed you through his magical teleportation portrait to support the others where you've then followed the trail of destruction through the Pyramid
    I was afraid of irreparably altering Goat's old sheet, so I cloned it and leveled the clone up :)

New Sheet

I will update it with the items approved in post #1284, unless you wanted to veto any.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2020-03-26 at 10:27 AM.
    DMing:

8. - Top - End - #1328

Finally my greater mighty wallop slot will be flexed again.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    I was afraid of irreparably altering Goat's old sheet, so I cloned it and leveled the clone up :)

New Sheet

I will update it with the items approved in post #1284, unless you wanted to veto any.
    they all seemed fine to me. Its only things like soulfire armour or starmantle capes I'd really object to. Welcome back

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

Yay, we have our goat back!

I think there may be some argument over the Manual of Gainful Exercise... Pretty much everyone except Merrick could put that to good use!

The crown of intellect and the wand of lightning would also go well for Merrick.

11. - Top - End - #1331

Well I wonít object, though if Zarina wants either I will defer.

12. - Top - End - #1332

I regret not preparing lesser dragonform today. A thick-skinned engine of fire might make light work of that lake of worms.

What sort of volume are we looking at? With a gust of wind help?

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

I regret not preparing lesser dragonform today. A thick-skinned engine of fire might make light work of that lake of worms.

What sort of volume are we looking at? With a gust of wind help?
    Its a like a big pond > 60ft across (the darkness stops you seeing further) and who knows how deep. Too much for gust of wind

14. - Top - End - #1334

I must learn to gate in the River Oceanus at some point.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Do we have any way of lighting over the area? I have two castings of light available but it's limited to objects.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-03-31 at 12:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Do we have any way of lighting over the area? I have two castings of light available but it's limited to objects.
    I've got righteous aura active on Elkist, one of the effects of this spell being daylight. 60ft bright light and 60ft dim light beyond that (does low-light vision extend the 'dim' range another 60ft?).

So we should be able to at least vaguely see out to 120ft, Elkist maybe to 180ft, if that helps.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

So, um, hi?

I know, this is probably a little unexpected, but Iíve always felt I owed you all an explanation Ė and an apology. ďWhy now?Ē is also probably a likely question. The short answer to that is that I just recently logged back onto the forums for the first time since Ė then Ė and that revitalized my subscriptions. I was pleasantly surprised Ė and proud of you all Ė to see this is still running.

The apology: Iím sorry. I left you all in a lurch. It was sudden, unexpected, unexplained. For all you knew, I had died or been kidnapped by the Revolutionary Guard. Not the way to treat people youíve been gaming with for years.

The explanation, such as it is: I donít think I ever let on, but for about a year-and-a-half before I disappeared on you all, I was running on fumes. I was not-very-gainfully-underemployed and in a toxic relationship Ė the toxicity of which had been highlighted by the job situation. It was a long, dark, depressing time, with no end in sight. Please, donít anyone take this the wrong way, but when Felhammer left, it was the very small straw that finally broke me: I felt like I was losing this, too, and I needed to draw into a shell to conserve what little I had left.

Again, Iím sorry I let everyone down. Thank you for the PMs and the concern. I do know you cared. I just wasnít in a place, emotionally, to respond.

FWIW, things are much better now. A little over two years, I landed my dream job and finalized my divorce. I have my own place now, and though the world seems to be falling apart at the seams, I seem to be managing well.

Iím glad you all seem to be well, especially in these times. This is not a request to come back: campaigns move on, and thereís been a lot of water under the bridge since I disappeared. (And OMG, you did what to Taliesn????) But I did think this apology was long over-due, and waiting would only make it later.
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

OMG it's Stegyre! Hello!

First things first, very sorry to hear you weren't in a good place and delighted to hear things are better for you now!

It's strange time for all of us right now, but I'm going ok with the UK lockdown. Working from home is going more productively than I thought it would and I can still take the dogs for a long walk once a day in the farm fields near my house, so stir-craziness is yet to set in. Stocked up for about 3 weeks before I next have to go shopping. Plus ebayed two dance mats and Dance Stage Universe, so even getting more exercise than usual! Pretty soon going to be like:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anyway, part of the reason we gave Tal a crippling injury rather than dropping a bridge on him was to leave open the chance of a return of you ever felt like it, so...
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-04-08 at 06:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1339

You did not leave us in any bad way, and I completely understand the need to break away and rebuild.

We missed you and always hoped the best for you. As you can see, weíve had another recent reunion. Iím thrilled you are okay.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stegyre View Post
    So, um, hi?

I know, this is probably a little unexpected, but Iíve always felt I owed you all an explanation Ė and an apology. ďWhy now?Ē is also probably a likely question. The short answer to that is that I just recently logged back onto the forums for the first time since Ė then Ė and that revitalized my subscriptions. I was pleasantly surprised Ė and proud of you all Ė to see this is still running.

The apology: Iím sorry. I left you all in a lurch. It was sudden, unexpected, unexplained. For all you knew, I had died or been kidnapped by the Revolutionary Guard. Not the way to treat people youíve been gaming with for years.

The explanation, such as it is: I donít think I ever let on, but for about a year-and-a-half before I disappeared on you all, I was running on fumes. I was not-very-gainfully-underemployed and in a toxic relationship Ė the toxicity of which had been highlighted by the job situation. It was a long, dark, depressing time, with no end in sight. Please, donít anyone take this the wrong way, but when Felhammer left, it was the very small straw that finally broke me: I felt like I was losing this, too, and I needed to draw into a shell to conserve what little I had left.

Again, Iím sorry I let everyone down. Thank you for the PMs and the concern. I do know you cared. I just wasnít in a place, emotionally, to respond.

FWIW, things are much better now. A little over two years, I landed my dream job and finalized my divorce. I have my own place now, and though the world seems to be falling apart at the seams, I seem to be managing well.

Iím glad you all seem to be well, especially in these times. This is not a request to come back: campaigns move on, and thereís been a lot of water under the bridge since I disappeared. (And OMG, you did what to Taliesn????) But I did think this apology was long over-due, and waiting would only make it later.
    Yeah, its been a long time. I'm really pleased that you are back in a good place (even if the world is now in a strange lock down!)
    As you'll have noticed we've just had Fellhamer and the Goat rejoin us. Have a think and if its something you'd be interested in then I wouldn't be opposed to re-intro Tal when this segment comes to a close and there is a natural break? If you don't fancy playing feel free to pop in and out the OOC to say hello when you want.

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    OMG it's Stegyre! Hello!

First things first, very sorry to hear you weren't in a good place and delighted to hear things are better for you now!

It's strange time for all of us right now, but I'm going ok with the UK lockdown. Working from home is going more productively than I thought it would and I can still take the dogs for a long walk once a day in the farm fields near my house, so stir-craziness is yet to set in. Stocked up for about 3 weeks before I next have to go shopping. Plus ebayed two dance mats and Dance Stage Universe, so even getting more exercise than usual! Pretty soon going to be like:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anyway, part of the reason we have Tal a crippling injury rather than dropping a bridge on him was to leave open the chance of a return of you ever felt like it, so...
    Yeah, its weird at moment. Though starting to feel cooped up now with homeschooling the kids and only allowed once per day. I'll feel better when the retsrictions lift a tiny bit and i can get up to the moors (a tantalising 20 minutes away so can see them lurking on the horizon) and get back to fell running
    Last edited by DrK; 2020-04-08 at 10:48 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1341

? You mean felhammer? I havenít really been gone since my little Three Faces of Death hiatus.

And I know what you mean. My big boy is quarantined away with his gf while my little has her daily schooling. I had more free time when I was at work.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

? You mean felhammer? I havenít really been gone since my little Three Faces of Death hiatus.

And I know what you mean. My big boy is quarantined away with his gf while my little has her daily schooling. I had more free time when I was at work.
    Apologies, I have fixed my error

My kids are weirdly into marble runs this week. There is an odd Youtube sub culture of elaborate marble olympics with teams, commentary and "marble crowds" complete with occasional pitch invasions and security marbles. Its very strange.

23. - Top - End - #1343

My younger kidís just discovered the joys of D&D. She tends to heal and befriend monsters that she defeats. Who doesnít want a giant slug familiar?

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

My younger kidís just discovered the joys of D&D. She tends to heal and befriend monsters that she defeats. Who doesnít want a giant slug familiar?
    Brings back fond memories of Duke, the owlbear cub.

I've dusted off Taliesn's sheet, just to have a look. Wow! That was so long ago. I had to do a web search on "Ilthane's Elixir" to learn why he had +1 Str and black scales on his arms and shoulders.

I remember I intended to give him the Lesser Chakra (Arms) feat at next level, so he could bind Girallon Arms and get rending damage any time he hits with more than one claw. New levels would probably be a continued mix of Warblade and Swordsage, with an eclectic mix of maneuvers. Most maneuvers don't synergize well his attack routine. He really needs to focus mostly on boosts and counters.

(Thought briefly of taking some sort of caster levels, saying it was under the influence of the fragment of Zryxog's personality in his brain, but I just don't think I'd do it well, and casting is already pretty well covered by other folks.)

He needs to learn to fly, at least temporarily.
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

25. - Top - End - #1345

That seemed like a natural progression for Tal and Lanís partnership.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Just a quick post to say- Welcome back Stegyre! We also were saving a spot for you. Second, hope everyone continues to do well. Third, I knew Goat had something in his pocket ... itís a shrunken Tal!
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

27. - Top - End - #1347

I still have a perfect summons. Maybe Tal was planewalking.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Just a quick post to say- Welcome back Stegyre! We also were saving a spot for you. Second, hope everyone continues to do well. Third, I knew Goat had something in his pocket ... itís a shrunken Tal!

DMing:

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back Stegyre, nice to hear from you again.

Isn't this all a funny old situation? Crazy busy trying to work + home school + game all at once. Plus trying to remote counsel my staff to stop them going too mad in their isolation. Skateboarding and trampoline are our go-to kids activities for when my wife needs a break. But we've had fun with kiddie-RPGs as well. My youngest likes to whip bandits with her Rapunzel-hair power while my eldest uses Elsa freeze-rays.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, this worm-thing looks horrendous. I don't especially want to approach it whilst is in that sea of worms, but don't want to give it a chance to approach me either! Optimum for me is probably to climb onto my griffon, but that would deprive everyone else of my defences.

I've been thinking about spells I have that might affect it. It looks tough, but maybe not that bright? If it's a magical beast I'll definitely want to target WILL, but if it's undead reflex would probably be better. And whether it has spell resistance is important too. I suppose it could be an aberration or vermin, but I think that's less likely and ai don't have those knowledges.

Knowledge (religion): (1d20+17)[33]
    Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+5)[21]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-04-09 at 04:56 AM.