New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Prince of Persia build

This is something I've been wondering ever since I started lurking here so many months ago. How would you build the prince of persia? TWF, can run on walls, can tumble, throw weapons a bit et cetera. Anyone familiar with the series and have any ideas or know any already existing builds?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Prince of Persia build

The running on walls is probably the only sticking point, and I believe there's a psionic feat for that one.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I thought a bit about this too. A desert wind swordsage makes sense, but DW is perhaps a bit too flame based. A rogue would also kinda make sense. The Dagger of Time would have to be a major artifact, imo.
    Creator Independent discoverer of the Bird Familiar With a Wand and the Cometfall Orbital Strike

Awesome Protoss High Templar avatar by Dorian Soth.

Gaming ID (Steam, SC II, LoL, etc): BobRedshirt

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

You should post that in the character builder thread and see if you get any responses, and if you do then post what they give you in here, because I'd be interested in the build too. It would probably have to be a class with sneak attack of something similar if you consider the speed kills. Moderate strength, very high dex, probably some of the skill tricks and acrobatic moves from complete scoundrel....

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Psychic Rogue/Thief-Acrobat, with the Speed of Thought and Up The Walls feats.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

A swordsage with massive skill tricks, I'd say. Wall jumping, running on walls, and more can be yours--just hope you have high enough ability scores that you can afford to have a high INT to fuel them.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'd probably go with rogue, or some other skill-heavy class (perhaps Scout, since I know I was always running around in the video game; don't know how many skill points they get offhand, though...). That way, you could pump the bajeebus out of Tumble, Climb, Balance, etc. and grab the necessary tricks.

And I'd model the Dagger of Time as a Legacy Weapon. Give it a few charges per day that increase by level and allow you to reroll d20's (_maybe_ also force opponents to reroll attacks against you), make Stunning Fist-like attacks, and cast Haste (self-only, probably cost a charge per round or somesuch). You wouldn't have to make it artifact-level.

I'm not sure I get why people want to make him a Swordsage--what maneuvers do they get that are appropriate?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not entirely sure why I think he might be a swordsage I guess, but it just seems to fit somehow. Not sure if any of the manuvers would really work. I do think the dagger would be some sort of artifact though, as it seems to be able to do Time Regression (a 9th level nomad power), Time Stop (a 9th level sorc/wiz spell), and other powerful things.
    Creator Independent discoverer of the Bird Familiar With a Wand and the Cometfall Orbital Strike

Awesome Protoss High Templar avatar by Dorian Soth.

Gaming ID (Steam, SC II, LoL, etc): BobRedshirt

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Straight rogue, if you're going with the old Prince. (IE his pre-playstation days.)
    Last edited by storybookknight; 2007-08-15 at 07:59 PM.

Currently DMing:
    In the Emperors' Hand

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Diamond Mind and Desert Wind would seem to fit the Prince, with Desert Wind's focus on mobility and fancy motion, and Diamond Mind's focus on functioning faster, and faster, to the speed of your own thought. Maybe add a bit of Tiger Claw, for crazy jumping attacks.

Time Stands Still, Flashing Sun, Death From Above, Desert Tempest, Avalanche of Blades, Quicksilver Motion, etc.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I just thought of something, in TOB shadowhand discipline there is a stance that allows constant spider walking, which gets close to the Prince's mobility, even though it goes beyond it. Another problem with that is that the movement speed is only at 20feet a second, which, is still respectable.