A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Elite Beast (companion/mount/familiar feat)

Elite Beast
    Your pet is one of the greatest of its kind.

Prerequisites
    Animal companion, familiar, or special mount.

Benefits
    Your animal companion, familiar, or special mount's base ability scores increase to the elite array. Assign the ability scores as you wish and recalculate the creature's skill points if its Intelligence score changes.

Your familiar gains bonus Hit Dice as a special mount (including feats, saves, skill points, etc.). Remember that a familiar is a magical beast (augmented animal).

Your familiar gains an adjustment to its Intelligence score equal to the Intelligence score of a standard familiar -10 (so a 1st-level familiar has a -4 penalty to its Intelligence score, a 19th-level familiar has a +5 bonus to Its Intelligence score, etc.). Recalculate the familiar's skill points whenever its Intelligence score changes.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Elite Beast (companion/mount/familiar feat)

Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Elite Beast
    Your pet is one of the greatest of its kind.

Prerequisites
    Animal companion, familiar, or special mount.

Benefits
    Your animal companion, familiar, or special mount's base ability scores increase to the elite array. Assign the ability scores as you wish and recalculate the creature's skill points if its Intelligence score changes.

Your familiar gains bonus Hit Dice as a special mount (including feats, saves, skill points, etc.). Remember that a familiar is a magical beast (augmented animal).

Your familiar gains an adjustment to its Intelligence score equal to the Intelligence score of a standard familiar -10 (so a 1st-level familiar has a -4 penalty to its Intelligence score, a 19th-level familiar has a +5 bonus to Its Intelligence score, etc.). Recalculate the familiar's skill points whenever its Intelligence score changes.
    Looks nice, I would give the mount/animal companion an int increase as well, but the familiar gets it from the actual classm so you might just want to keep it as it is.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Elite Beast (companion/mount/familiar feat)

Yeah, I was trying to "balance" the three pets against each other. Familiars are traditionally the weakest so they get the bonus Hit Dice and keep their Intelligence increases.