Okay so realtalk I'm probably going to sleep on this and realize when I wake up that it could be improved a lot. But I thought it a good idea to seek 3rd party feedback anyway. So here it is.

As we all know, the Archivist got cut from the final release of the artificer. To be honest, it was kind of a mess. But I wanted to create a subclass that captured a similar thematic feel. So I've completely rebuilt the archivist.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I retained the subclass spells, as well as a feature named Artificial Mind, but otherwise nothing of the original remains. In looking for a niche for the archivist, I reasoned that the alchemist was a healer/support caster, the artillerist a blaster, and the battle smith a tank/gish. So the obvious missing role was the utility caster/skill monkey. So that's where this archivist fits.

Although the artificial mind is central to the archivist, the feature itself of the same name is mostly a ribbon. If you liked Magical Tinkering, you'll love Artificial Mind. It lets you copy books, create maps, and record sound and video, like a fantasy smart phone. The real meat of taking this subclass, though, is the ability to use spell scrolls without consuming them. This helps create the feeling of playing a scribe, by trying to collect every spell scroll you can, as well as a bit similar feeling to being a wizard. As you continue to level up, the artificial mind gains additional benefits that it can eventually share with anyone holding an infused item.

Anyway, go ahead and tear this apart and tell me how to make it better.