A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Skill Tricks for Everyone! (Variant Rule)

This enables everyone to get at least one skill trick per level. Note: I houseruled so that classes get 2 more skill points per level then normal. If you do not this the variant hurts doesn't benefit casters.

The rule itself is pretty simple, everyone gets a number of bonus skill tricks every level equal to their base skill ranks per level/4. These do not count towards the limit of how many skill tricks you can have.

Note: Due to the lack of a large list I would suggest using homebrew with this so you can get more skill tricks then what was in complete scoundrel (then locked in a chest, sunk, eaten by a whale... which was then detonated... Seems somebody didn't like the skill tricks...)
    Some homebrew you could use:
    RoC's 40+ Skill tricks
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-10-16 at 01:14 PM.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Skill Tricks for Everyone! (Variant Rule)

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    This enables everyone to get at least one skill trick per level. Note: I houseruled so that classes get 2 more skill points per level then normal. If you do not this the variant hurts casters.

The rule itself is pretty simple, everyone gets a number of bonus skill tricks every level equal to their base skill ranks per level/4. These do not count towards the limit of how many skill tricks you can have.

Note: Due to the lack of a large list I would suggest using homebrew with this so you can get more skill tricks then what was in complete scoundrel (then locked in a chest, sunk, eaten by a whale... which was then detonated... Seems somebody didn't like the skill tricks...)
    It also hurts Fighters, and Paladins. They get 2 skill points too.

Edit: More accurately, it doesn't benefit them. It doesn't actually HURT anyone.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-10-16 at 12:53 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Skill Tricks for Everyone! (Variant Rule)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    It also hurts Fighters, and Paladins. They get 2 skill points too.

Edit: More accurately, it doesn't benefit them. It doesn't actually HURT anyone.
    Well, yeah that's what I meant... Forgot to look at fighters & paladins (use homebrew for those in my games most the time). I would suggest increasing all skill points for classes by 2 anyhow, or you could consolidate them... hmm... Can't think of a way besides the mentioned skill point bonus for paladins/fighters to get the benefits as well...
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.