Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

You welcome! Looking forward you to join!

You write a sheet, and the one who has opened the thread will link it in the opening post.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #602
    Pixie in the Playground

Cello

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.
    Weight: 115 lbs.
    Species: Namekian
    Station: Former slave. Escaped captors and stole a ship.

Description:

Cello is wiry for a Namekian. He hasn't had a lot of time to train in martial arts since being thrown into captivity. He was on a slaver ship for 10 years before he managed to escape.

Personality:

Cello is not a bad person, but he is extremely untrustworthy. He is very sarcastic. He has a keen mind for tactics, having been the one who led the uprising against his captors. He was not, however, able to save the other slaves, and this has taken it's toll on his mental state. He blames himself for their deaths, even when there was nothing else he could have possibly done.

History:

Cello was a normal Namekian child who lived on the outskirts of a village when the slavers came. His parents, deemed "useless" as slaves, were killed, and he was abducted. He remembers little of his life before this place. Families in the village found his parents, and have long given up searching for him.

Story So Far:

You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:

Self-taught brawler style fighter. Learned to fly the ship he stole by watching the former slaver pilot. Taught himself to read using the ships manuals. As a slave, he was taught how to keep the ship in working order by the chief mechanic. Cello has access to ki, but has no idea how to control it. It has only manifested in times of extreme duress.

Other information:

Property: Space faring ship (Maximum occupancy: 15 humanoids) Cargo bays (Slave pens) were jettisoned from the ship when Cello stole it.

Let me know if this looks okay, and feel free to tell me what I need to fix. I'm looking forward to joining you all!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WarforgedTank View Post
    Hi!

Saw your threads, and was curious if you guys are recruiting? I read the first post with the character template, and wanted to give it a go. I only had a few questions.

I saw that you said Namekians are in the middle of an extinction level event. Are they still playable? Is it possible one of them could have gotten offworld during this time?

Also, Freiza's race. Is it possible for one of them to be good? Or are they all considered evil in this universe?

Thanks for you consideration!
    That should probably be updated to 'are recovering from an extinction level event'. The game is set hundreds of years before the regular dragonball z cannon, so Namek was undergoing the great cataclysm that reduced the population to Guru, who then repopulated Namek on his own. Since we've already started to diverge from cannon, during a recent time skip my character dropped by Namek to end that ice age early and help as many of the Namekians who were still alive to survive and get started on rebuilding. He's been careful to hide his identity from outside observation, so that it looks like a technologically advanced Namekian came back to help out in it's hour of need. But the Namekians he's helped know who he is.

Other information relating to Namek in the thread's established continuity: It was not part of the Arcosian Empire, rather it was given a wide berth and basically left alone because the Namekians were, generally, capable of defending themselves and had high enough power levels that it just never made sense to try and take the planet by force. As a result of that, a research base was established in space 'nearby' so that scientists could use long range sensors to study the Namekians without interfering. Of course, not wanting to interfere, the scientists did nothing when the global climate change started causing an extinction level event for the Namekians, rather they watched and recorded. After all, how often do you have a front row seat to see how a relatively non-technological species deals with an extinction level event?

That said, your character's backstory makes sense to me. Not all Namekians are fighters, so losing a family on the outskirts from time to time to quick raids seems plausible.

Something for you to consider is if he's heard about his home planet undergoing an ice age or not, and how he might react to that kind of information. After all, news doesn't always travel as fast as it theoretically Can, so that's one plot hook that you could grab on to with your character.

You'll probably want to determine a power level (or power level range) for your character, even if he's not very good at using Ki.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Pixie in the Playground

I could use the same idea as Gohan during the Raditz arc, since Cello has no real idea on how to focus ki. 700 base, but 1300 when enraged, which is when he manifests his ki into a type of explosive wave?

Also, I would say he heard in passing from the slavers that some kind of crisis happened on Namek, but that he didn't hear any specifics. The main problem is he's flying the ship kind of blind. He understands the mechanics of it, but he isn't really knowledgeable about how the navigation system works. The idea was he'd just be flying the ship, and broadcasting a distress signal in hopes of someone picking him up.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

oh. um....yeah, 700 ki ain't nowhere near where we are. We're at Android to Cell saga level stuff here. the slave thing is plausible-slavery doesn't just go away because you illegalize it, it just goes underground- but unless you get stronger, you won't have much effect on the bigger plots.

which might actually be okay? because you might not want to be thrown into the deep end at the start, and there a bunch of smaller scale stuff happening on earth that needs a smaller hero to explore them. Like ki using crime gangs and nobility and such, just to get you started? maybe? always can come up with a way for you discover something like the Hyperbolic time chamber for you get stronger quickly if ever needed.

also, I'm thinking of doing a Pinappla training montage? should I do that, or do people think I should just spread the moments out over the posts, cause I sense people want to move faster than me and just respond to the things while I was thinking I'd have time to train Pinappla or explore the Earth world as it currently is, but if people just want to get the plots done.....oh well.....
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Also, I'm thinking of doing a Pinappla training montage? should I do that, or do people think I should just spread the moments out over the posts, cause I sense people want to move faster than me and just respond to the things while I was thinking I'd have time to train Pinappla or explore the Earth world as it currently is, but if people just want to get the plots done.....oh well.....
    I'm trying to figure out what to do with Katnep. I was originally thinking of having her train with Vodkana, but it's looking more like she'll train with either Jade (because her bestie is as well) or with King Vegeta.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

That actually sounds like a good plan. I was hoping I could get picked up by someone willing to train me to get stronger. Cello has a pretty negative outlook on things, considering the way he was "brought up." Plus, not having a huge impact on the story right away is fine by me. I was kind of aiming for him to be a Namekian more in line with Dende than Piccolo. Capable of fighting, but more support than frontline, if you know what I mean.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Forged Tank:
    As long as you are happy with it. Also, I plan an Arc with a lot of Namekians from OC clan.

Hawk:
    Hmm.. Vodkana can train her as chef, mostly.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

9. - Top - End - #609
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Forged Tank:
    As long as you are happy with it. Also, I plan an Arc with a lot of Namekians from OC clan.

The other option, obviously, is I could come up with a character more in line with you guys power levels. Either way works for me.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarforgedTank View Post
    That actually sounds like a good plan. I was hoping I could get picked up by someone willing to train me to get stronger. Cello has a pretty negative outlook on things, considering the way he was "brought up." Plus, not having a huge impact on the story right away is fine by me. I was kind of aiming for him to be a Namekian more in line with Dende than Piccolo. Capable of fighting, but more support than frontline, if you know what I mean.
    Thats ok, having support abilities is not abnormal in this roleplay. between Max, Starlight, Vodkana's magical cooking skills and Apfel being a super-politician who just so happens to also be good with ki swords, the only characters I'd say who DON'T have major support focus are my mains: The Refera Family. so your not out of place. we have a lot of reasonable people who like to heal others and hate fighting for a Dragon Ball roleplay.

makes me wonder if I should include more opportunities to heal wounded NPCs.

Anyways! I got the perfect character for you to meet warforged. Hawkflight good news: Astralys and Kitty have a new traveling companion. Lets just assume they ditched that Lucifer kid since his player left. Don't worry I'm sure the little cowboy can handle himself, he has a gun, hes perfectly safe.

Speaking of which! Since FF left, that probably means his character who is the current Guardian of Earth got captured by Kurumo. which probably means the Guardian position must be transferred to somebody else. Again. For like what.....the fifth or sixth time in the entire roleplay? Its just been passed around like a ball or something. I think it'll have to go back to Luxana if no one else is up to it.

so uh, assuming no other questions, just post your character crashing on Earth and somebody will be there to see you.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of which! Since FF left, that probably means his character who is the current Guardian of Earth got captured by Kurumo. which probably means the Guardian position must be transferred to somebody else. Again. For like what.....the fifth or sixth time in the entire roleplay? Its just been passed around like a ball or something. I think it'll have to go back to Luxana if no one else is up to it.
    ....Wait, you mean it wasn't already Luxana's?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    ....Wait, you mean it wasn't already Luxana's?
    well yeah, the deal with FF was that Luxana gets it temporarily until Trombone Jr. grows up to be the next one. I assumed that she passed it on during the timeskip but I guess we can say that she just has it now and was going to give it to him in like a day or so before he decided to go off to the Spirit World to abandon his duties to troll Kurumo. because FF bowed out, that deal doesn't apply anymore. not unless they come back and wants to work out a new one.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, okay. I'll confess, I've been basing the entire idea of the Celestial Guard off of Luxana being the kami anyways, so I'm glad Tigra's plot arc isn't nullified by my idiocy.

Which reminds me ... do you think that the Earth First Coalition is acting with Luxana's blessing, or no?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Which reminds me ... do you think that the Earth First Coalition is acting with Luxana's blessing, or no?
    Depends on whether they count a woman who is the daughter of a god who dwells on the Sun as technically "not of earth", and how much they don't like her for associating with Max through Shanakan I guess, and assuming no problems with either of those, how they sell her on their organization, because apart of her character is being virtuous because of high philosophical reasons, and while she has mellowed a bit on that, she still is a bit leery of anything morally grey. like she still believes in doing whats right for the sake of doing whats right and such. so a bit unlikely that they are.

Edit: also her position is kind to protect earth while also being the local representative of the gods to earthlings, so it depends on how they feel about gods in general, because gods: they're technically not of Earth.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-05-11 at 01:51 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

15. - Top - End - #615
    Pixie in the Playground

Sounds good to me lol

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Depends on whether they count a woman who is the daughter of a god who dwells on the Sun as technically "not of earth", and how much they don't like her for associating with Max through Shanakan I guess, and assuming no problems with either of those, how they sell her on their organization, because apart of her character is being virtuous because of high philosophical reasons, and while she has mellowed a bit on that, she still is a bit leery of anything morally grey. like she still believes in doing whats right for the sake of doing whats right and such. so a bit unlikely that they are.
    Well, they still consider the Sun Kami as "of Earth". It's a part of their flawed worldview -- twelve years ago, they still thought the sun orbited the Earth. As for Max, that's three degrees of separation from the aliens. That's enough for them.

As for the morally-gray (or even black) stuff ... don't get me wrong, it exists, but nobody knows about it. As far as anyone is concerned, a noble house got concerned about humanity (and beastmen) being able to stand on their own two feet against these aliens and decided to stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves. A noble goal in anyone's mind.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #617
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'll have Max send a split form over to help out Cello in my next post, just waiting on Ing atm to continue the conversation Max is having with Freis in the same post.

If you don't mind, I'm going to say Max has been hailing the ship as it was on it's way towards crashing on Earth, so that it makes sense as to why he wasn't picked up at a hospitality center or something (I assume there are a number of blinking lights that do things on the ship whose function eludes Cello). If you want, we can turn it into a joke, where he's trying to hit the communications button but he keeps hitting something else (like venting the waste, or activating a party horn that can only be heard on the outside).

Edit: Or, if you'd prefer, you could get found by some of the lower power level characters who are on some kind of quest. I'm still going to have Max react to a ship crashing on Earth though.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-05-11 at 10:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasn't the plan to have the kids (Astralys and Tabby) stumble across the wreckage and have the three engage in shenanigans?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, one more question for funnies about Earth First:
    What do they think of Solitus?
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

well yeah, the deal with FF was that Luxana gets it temporarily until Trombone Jr. grows up to be the next one. I assumed that she passed it on during the timeskip but I guess we can say that she just has it now and was going to give it to him in like a day or so before he decided to go off to the Spirit World to abandon his duties to troll Kurumo. because FF bowed out, that deal doesn't apply anymore. not unless they come back and wants to work out a new one.
    There wouldn't have been a chance for Luxana to pass on the mantle due to Trombone Jr. suffering his Time Patrol mandated punishment during the timeskip. Luxana ought to firmly hold the position untill she passes it to someone else.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, one more question for funnies about Earth First:
    What do they think of Solitus?
    That's a difficult question, actually. There are two types of people in the Coalition -- those who don't know about its darker side and just want to do good (like Yankar) and those who are its darker side and want to see every alien being, including ponies, expunged from the face of the Earth (like Lord Maxwell).

The former think that Solitus's approach is at best misguided, and at worst evil. After all, they don't want these aliens killed or mind-wiped, they don't deserve that, they just want them to not interfere.

The latter ... think better of him than most people, honestly. Most people think his "humans and kais are great, everything else sucks" philosophy is evil, but because they're secretly xenophobic, the dark side of the Coalition would be all for it ... if it wasn't for two facts. One, it creates inequalities and injustices on their own world, making him as much a threat to Earth as the rest of the galaxy, and two, he's just plain stupid.

Overall, they don't really plan on getting involved in the Solitus conflict. Now, once Deglargo sends their second generation of bioandroids*, that's when things are going to get real interesting real quick. Maybe I should have Adam start training with Yankar now....

*Ohhh, maybe some of them have ork DNA? Their spores seem like the kind of ability Deglargo would be all over like, well, spores on a planet.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly I was thinking the second gen ones would be another time, another arc thing? try dealing with the current ones first before facing the upgraded ones from a different timeline or something like that.

Though Exec Kalzin getting warnings from his future that Earth First is trying to cut into their profit and thus going against Kurumo's and CEO deglargo's orders by ordering a couple Bio-Androids to attack Earth First during the invasion would be pretty interesting and provide reason why they might know about Orks as the Bio-Android attack Earth First...
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly I was thinking the second gen ones would be another time, another arc thing? try dealing with the current ones first before facing the upgraded ones from a different timeline or something like that.

Though Exec Kalzin getting warnings from his future that Earth First is trying to cut into their profit and thus going against Kurumo's and CEO deglargo's orders by ordering a couple Bio-Androids to attack Earth First during the invasion would be pretty interesting and provide reason why they might know about Orks as the Bio-Android attack Earth First...
    Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking. And Adam can join in the defense, making his premiere.

Also ... um. I'm having a hard time really understanding Oxy as a character. Do you think you would be willing to RP him instead? I just can't seem to get into his head.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking. And Adam can join in the defense, making his premiere.

Also ... um. I'm having a hard time really understanding Oxy as a character. Do you think you would be willing to RP him instead? I just can't seem to get into his head.
    ooooh, boy. ok. I'll do it. I'l have to put a little more effort into it though. its another persons character and requires a lot of thought about what they'd be doing and why, and where they were last time they were here. maybe even look up iconic Oxyribo speeches....he is incredibly blunt and long-winded for one....but does have some similar thoughts to Jade but with less Wisdom and more Intelligence? now somehow mature that 10 years? hm.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

If you want, now that I think about it, I might be just a little bit willing to come back on a temporary basis.

There won't really be much involvement at any time where Pages isn't being mentored by Oxy and you might have to PM me a bit when stuff happens as I'm likily to drift away, but I'm willing to do it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    If you want, now that I think about it, I might be just a little bit willing to come back on a temporary basis.

There won't really be much involvement at any time where Pages isn't being mentored by Oxy and you might have to PM me a bit when stuff happens as I'm likily to drift away, but I'm willing to do it.
    That would be really helpful. That's honestly all I'm looking for, is someone to help mentor the little guy who understands what he's going through.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

well if your willing it might work but here is what I think Oxy might be up to if I was doing it:

-he'd probably be on his own quest to uplift and teach earth like Max, but disagree on Max's on-interference policy and be more active and meddlesome based on what I remember of him

-he'd tell the Earth First Coalition a blunt "No." on any offer given that at least three of his donors are aliens. then call them isolationist idiots or something like that.

-he'd still be in a weird figurehead position where the Oxy City's council makes most of the day to day decisions but he does a lot of stuff to improve things in a hands on manner without technically being the guy legally on top, and communicating his intentions, ideas and so on

-the people around him would probably be used to him by now. I can just picture him in the middle of a project and warning people away in a blunt manner, a family's parents are just like "oh he is so honest! and so concerned for peoples safety!" while some religious people consider him like some avatar of honesty while telling telling tall tales that never happened about how hes never told a lie, with a growing taboo against saying anything untrue. just a culture thats beginning to form and see some of Oxyribo's traits as things to emulate:
    Honesty
    Courage
    Pride (in a positive sense)
    things like that

cause things like that are what I remember of him, what do you think of that?
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

The only thing I know for sure is that Starlight would have visited him in the 11-year gap. She's not so poor a friend as to go 11 years without at least trying to visit him, unless he asked otherwise.

Also, I posted Starlight's and the child's arrival in Oxy City.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

What I talked about when Hawk asked was that Oxy had been mostly focused on being good to his city-state and alternating between personal improvement for the sake of his own fulfilment and stepping in to take care of the city and it's allies as nessesary(putting his foot down if the Council decides on something)

And yeah, he'd be all for tearing down the Earth First coalition but if they haven't come to him he'd have just left them alone.

We also determined that he'd have, via his training in self-improvement, managed to achieve his goal of gaining proper divine ki and thus, being a legitimate God instead of just pretending to be one becuase he backed into a corner, is now sufficently close to "perfect" to be satisfied. Between that and a ten year time skip, he's matured conisderably.

Can I get a rundown of who pages are and what he looks like?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-05-11 at 05:28 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

What I talked about when Hawk asked was that Oxy had been mostly focused on being good to his city-state and alternating between personal improvement for the sake of his own fulfilment and stepping in to take care of the city and it's allies as nessesary(putting his foot down if the Council decides on something)

And yeah, he'd be all for tearing down the Earth First coalition but if they haven't come to him he'd have just left them alone.

We also determined that he'd have, via his training in self-improvement, managed to achieve his goal of gaining proper divine ki and thus, being a legitimate God instead of just pretending to be one becuase he backed into a corner, is now sufficently close to "perfect" to be satisfied. Between that and a ten year time skip, he's matured conisderably.

Can I get a rundown of who pages are and what he looks like?
    Pages is basically an orange bio-android junior, who instead having roach features, has spider wasp features with a very pointy nose, no tail and instead a wasp-like proboscis. the method of absorbing DNA was been replaced by needles sheathed in ones fingers that can grab small pieces of flesh quickly and efficiently since thats all thats really needed. but his main purpose of his design is to be a infiltration bio-android with earth shapeshifter DNA and an additional horrific system of implanting his juniors as eggs that control the victims as meat puppets for more infiltration purposes.

his personality being just born, is still forming, and a common trait to this Orange Wasp model is their identity issues more than most bio-androids given that they can shapeshift, so Pages isn't sure about a lot of things like what gender they are, what person they should be like as a default, things like that, though he is currently coping by writing down the people in their mind into books so as to organize her memories into a system so that the memories won't overwhelm him/her.

if your willing to do it, I'm just going to be lazy and let you do it then.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew