New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

[Tellysandra's Manse]

As Tellysandra tries to tip toe around speaking the angel's name, Maiel is shrugging out of his robes, revealing an intensely toned and powerful form covered in rippling brown skin. The miner is stocky, somewhat bulky looking, with arms swollen from labor and rigorous training. He wears only trousers now above his boots. A single scar of startling paleness travels down from beneath the pit of his left arm to curl around onto his belly.

Ismodus is given a glance. Maiel examines the creature's hand for a moment before taking it in a firm grip. He has the courtesy to shake. Undoubtedly a mortal's hand would be crushed.

"I suspect you would find that more difficult than you realize," he rumbles at Ismodus, visibly tensing, before he whips his hand upwards. With a thrash of his arm, Maiel tries to rip Ismodus off his feet and slam him into the floor with force sufficient to shatter stone.

Provided that Ismodus is not immediately incapacitated, as Maiel suspects he won't be, the 'demon' will realize that Maiel is still holding his hand in that crushing grip. Maiel widens his stance, swings his arm back, and tries to hurl Ismodus off the side of the manor. Into that sea of white clouds, trailing tile and pieces of stone behind.

Maiel, if that was all successful, will then leap after him. He will, in fact, leap fifty or sixty feet from a complete standstill, directly over Tellysandra's pool and past the edge of the manse. Following Ismodus' falling form down into the empty air.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-04-30 at 05:00 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The demon smirks back as they shake hands. "Really?" When then Maiel attempts to rip him off his feet, he instead literary rips Ismodus arm off. Or what once was his arm at least, now it is only shadowy substance, just like the rest of him as his form blurs for a moment.

The shadowy substance then expands outwards, prompting Siro to flee.

But even when the winged woman decides to back away, Tellysandra remains in her chair. Watching the two without moving as much as an inch.

Soon a huge goat-like creature with enormous horns and six eyes have formed from the substance. Each eye appear to be a reflection of Ismodus own and the many horns just appear to be larger versions of his previous ones. Indeed, even the fur seem to be the same color as his skin. The creature does not wait around though and charges Maiel even before it is fully formed. It is lowering its head, attempting to ram him with its many horns and perhaps even impaling him on them.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"There's someone up there. Sounds like they're playing cards." Kirk says as he lowers back down again. "It's black as pitch up there. We might be able to sneak by, but that might just mean whoever's up there can see through it." It goes without saying how noisy it is as well. "Do we know what direction we're going in?"

4. - Top - End - #364

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Maiel stills for a second as he watches the shadowy remnants of Ismodos' arm dribble out of his hand and return to the central mass. As the beast takes shape within that blackness, Maiel widens his stance and clenches his fists hard enough to pop. His skin visibly strains against the muscle and vein tensing beneath. His forehead furrows, his eyes disappearing in the shadow beneath the shelf of his brow.

He bears his teeth in a grin of excitement.

"That's a nice trick!" He roars as his hands fly up to catch the onrushing demon, attempting to seize him by two of his foremost horns and stop him cold. Ismodus will be able to tell that Maiel is more than strong enough to do so. Even if this is successful, he'll undoubtedly skid across the smooth floor somewhat, his legs stretched out at an angle as he braces his whole body against the monster. "Hrm, hrm! Very nice, indeed!"

The seemingly... jovial essence of the man embattled seems to disappear for an instant. His eyes blaze as he roars challenge and pumps one arm back. One can almost hear the sinew catch and creak as his arm fully coils and his fingers curl into a fist. With a rush of air he throws scarred, bony knuckles at Ismodus' face. Attempting to catch as many of those eyes as possible beneath the furious blow. What kind of damage he can do will depend on Ismodus, of course... but Maiel is strong enough to crush bone, stone and steel, and more than mighty enough to send a monster in Ismodus' weight class flying away from him.

Hopefully, if the demon does go flying, he won't hit Tellysandra. Maiel isn't particularly worried about anyone else however.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-05-01 at 10:05 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #365

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The goat-demon is stopped dead in its tracks, but doesn't seem particularly frustrated for it, even when Maiel's punch sends the beast flying.

He is launched just past Tellysandra, causing her long hair to flutter dramatically even as the warlock herself remains unmoved. Her eyes are following the scene from all sort of directions so moving wasn't really needed to see what she needed to see. It did cause her to see herself as yet another spectator though so she hadn't even considered moving until other senses felt Ismodus flying past her.

Yet in the air Ismodus form takes on that shadowy characteristic once again and changes from a four legged goat into a winged serpentine creature with no legs at all. It gracefully correct itself in the air and then spits out a volley of venom in Maiels direction. If it would hit him, it might cause instant pain and even paralyze him temporarily. If he'd get it in his eyes, he might even get blinded.

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"To the right, up the third set of stairs on the left, it should lead us to the holding cells. That's where we are going to encounter guards for sure so be ready." Dena replies, hopefully the guards were outsiders since she had packed something for that with the courtesy of Astrana.

"So we're going to try to sneak past them."

6. - Top - End - #366

[Arkant's Office]

Arkant apears here flickering in from nowhere. His Guards are still in here, eho appear unimressed by the sudden display. It appears they knew exactly when he will retun.

"How did it go?" The big guy with the gasmask asks.

"Not like I wanted it to be." Arkant replies. "He will send troups but it appears he is busy with something else. He also got some strange ritual going on. I can't say what he will be up to."

"What do we do now then Senior?" The goo guard asks.

"Prepare the busts. We shouldn't go off on my plan. Prepare an evacuation for you three. And you go to the reincarnation tube." He says to the third bodyguard. Then the gasmask man, the goo man and the woman leave the office.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Tellysandra's Manse]

The goat-demon is stopped dead in its tracks, but doesn't seem particularly frustrated for it, even when Maiel's punch sends the beast flying.

He is launched just past Tellysandra, causing her long hair to flutter dramatically even as the warlock herself remains unmoved. Her eyes are following the scene from all sort of directions so moving wasn't really needed to see what she needed to see. It did cause her to see herself as yet another spectator though so she hadn't even considered moving until other senses felt Ismodus flying past her.

Yet in the air Ismodus form takes on that shadowy characteristic once again and changes from a four legged goat into a winged serpentine creature with no legs at all. It gracefully correct itself in the air and then spits out a volley of venom in Maiels direction. If it would hit him, it might cause instant pain and even paralyze him temporarily. If he'd get it in his eyes, he might even get blinded.
    [Tellysandra's Manse]

Maiel actually staggers for a second, sucking in a breath as he recovers from his piledriver. It is long enough for the newly formed serpent to land a few shots of venom, and Maiel barks out a cry of surprise. He seethes after a second, growling through another laugh, as though he were simultaneously angry and amused. Maiel covers his face with his hand, apparently blinded, at least in part...

"What... is this?" Maiel wipes at the stinging poison. "Venom? To cause me pain? Feh!" He takes a staggering step to one side. "You want pain? Try a salted lash! Try a broken back! Come on!"

His other burly arm drops to his side as he wipes at his eyes, appearing to hang loosely, but there is still softly-spoken tension in the muscle there. As though preparing for a counter.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #368

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The serpent quickly flies over Maiel and in the next moment a huge horned boar lands on the ground in its place. It charges him, intending to try to gore him from behind with its entire might.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"To the right, up the third set of stairs on the left, it should lead us to the holding cells. That's where we are going to encounter guards for sure so be ready." Dena replies, hopefully the guards were outsiders since she had packed something for that with the courtesy of Astrana.

"So we're going to try to sneak past them."
    [Skyside - Nighttime]

"I don't think we have any other option without causing a disturbance." Kirk's quite certain they'll be doing that at some point, but ideally not just yet. "Grab hold of my shirt and I'll guide us through." Kirk can barely see up there, but he has one advantage over Dena at least. If there's no other reason to delay, Kirk will open the hatch again and crawl into the room above.

10. - Top - End - #370

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"Okay, but remember, third stairs to the left. Not sooner or later." Dena says before they set out.
    Out the hatch and-
    A huge shape suddenly drops down right in front of Kirk. A toothy grin filled with double edged teeth so white that he can even see them in the total darkness of the machine room.
    "Got you."

But before he can even react to that, another voice cries out. "Wait! Don't fight! We can make a deal!" If Kirk turns, there are two other sets of glowing eyes nearby, one pair in particular which seem to belong to the speaker which is coming towards them.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-07 at 01:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Maiel is gored, and subsequently thrown off the boar's tusks by the force of the blow! Perfectly normal blood issues forth from a fist sized hole in his body as he rebounds off one of Telly's walls and catches himself on the tile, stooping as he presses a hand over his wound.

The foreigner rises to his feet, wobbling. Then, eyes blazing, he lunges forward to try to catch the boar by its tusks.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk has a knife out in a flash and he's more than ready to use it. That said, it looks like there's another opportunity here. "If you want to make a deal, give us some light." He suggests warily.

13. - Top - End - #373

[Tellysandra's Manse]

As Maiel manages to grab hold of the boars tusks, it snorts loudly, releasing gas from its nose hot enough to give a normal person first degree burns if coming in contact with it. Then it attempts to swing its head back and forth to throw him off it, or alternatively crush him against the wall if that doesn't work.

[Skyside - Nighttime]

As ordered, lamps above them suddenly flickers to light, though many of them still remains dark as by the looks of it, these lamps are ancient.
    Though more pressingly, the introduction of light does reveal the three sets of eyes owners. The giant standing before them is a at least four meter tall feathery creature with its black beak filled with the teeth of a shark. Above these five black eyes which form a half circle is staring down at them. "Hmph." It states and then lifts what appear to be a cigar to its mouth and breathes in.

The set of eyes belonging to the other speaker seem to belong to a blue imp dressed in a oily white safety uniform complete with a cap. "I've given you light... hey, do I know you mortals? You look terribly familiar." He looks between Kirk and Dena who have her hands on her goggles as she was already ready to take them off the moment they got spotted.

"Are you sure they are mortals? They are so pretty." The third voice belongs to what appears to be a small floating pyramid made out of gold with a singular eye peering out from the top of it. Two noodle-like arms sticking out from the sides. "Even breaking in they are so photogenic, can't be natural, can it?"

"Got no clue, but I think they must be celebrities or something. Since I swear I've seen them in a paper." The imp scratches his head as he looks between the two.

"Ohh! Celebrities! How exciting! So, who are you intruders?" The pyramid creature asks.

The bird-demon seems less excited though and just blows smoke in Kirk's direction as they are standing there.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-09 at 04:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"We're people with places to go." Kirk gestures at the three of them with his knife. "Are you stopping us?" He's poised, ready to spring into action at a moment's warning.

15. - Top - End - #375

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Dena just stares back silently at the demons, in her experience, the less that was said to such beings, the better.

"Shy guys, eh?" The imp remarks casually. "But as I said, I had a proposition for you, whoever you are." He smiles. "We have been ordered to stop any intruders and alert the master of their presence, but you are the first exciting thing here in months. So rather than setting off all the alarms and you going stabby-stabby on us, why don't we all sit down for a quick fun game together? If you do, we'll let you past. Not even a whisper to the master." He holds out his hand as if expecting Kirk to shake it, but this might just be a gesture considering how short he is compared to Kirk. "Pact honor."

"We're playing poker with them?" The raven-demon demands.

The imp puts away his hand. "Oh no, I was thinking a game of 'Serve Me'. They want to get past us without alerting the master, right?" The imp turns to Dena and Kirk. "Well, that game will let you do just that and more, if you're clever enough."

"Serve me? Yay! That'll be fun! It was ages since we played! But we aren't playing with the scale are we? That's angel-play."

The imp is looking at them intently though, waiting for their answer.

Providing Kirk doesn't start stabbing, or outright refuses, the imp will continue.

"No scales. Serve me is much more fun without it." He first tells the pyramid-demon before turning back to the two. "The rules are simple." He opens his hand, revealing a black marker there that wasn't there before. "Everyone starts with at least one of these." He lets it tumble between his claws. "These are service markers, they got two special properties. First, you can inscribe them with a task that you want someone to do. Secondly, while holding them you may never tell a lie. In the game of Serve me, each player will start by inscribing them with a service that you want one of the other players to do." The imp suddenly closes around the marker, and when he opens his claw again, the marker seems to have been inscribe with a name in elegant golden letters, Limithius.

"That's my name, since the marker acknowledges the task I inscribed into the marker as mine. Whoever has it must perform the service I inscribed into the marker. For instance, i could want Avary to steal a car for me or something. However..." He suddenly tosses over the marker to the pyramid who gleefully catches it with her string arms. She then in turn displays it to Dena and Kirk and the marker appears unchanged, still carrying the golden letters spelling out the imps name.

Before they can put much thought into this, the pyramid tosses back the marker to the imp, who easily catches it and holds it up for them to see. Now the letters of the marker starts to reform until they spell out the name Avary. "The marker still carry the same service, and I know what service it is simply by touching it. But now the same service is to Avary, the last owner of the marker. So I'm supposed to perform it for her now, get it?"

He pauses a moment before continuing. "And that's how the markers work, which is the most complex part of the game really. The rest of the rules are simple. As I said, everyone starts off with one marker except the person who starts the game, they got two. At the start of their turn, they'll will attempt to give one of the markers to one of the other players. However, the player they attempt to give it to may ask them a question which they must answer truthfully, keeping in mind the secondary ability of the markers. If they do so without fail, the player must accept the marker. Once that is done, its the player who was given the markers turn. They will do exactly the same thing, try to give away one of their markers to another player who may ask them a question. They can't give the marker to a player who already given away a marker however. So once every player have given away a marker and the last player can't actually give away one of theirs, the round is over.
    Then next round will start with the last player of the previous round starting, and so on. Typically, you play for three of these rounds and once the game is over, each player must perform the service of the marker to its owner. Kinda like a geas. If the player still has the marker they started with they pick the player which they want perform that service for."
    He nods as he appears to be finished explaining.
    "Of course, the services don't have to get cashed in right away, whatever happens, we'll let you run along to do whatever you're up to." He glances between the other two demons. "We can pact-promise that, right guys?"

"Sure!" Avary exclaims eagerly.

"...if they're going to play, sure." The raven-demon agrees after a moment of hesitation.

16. - Top - End - #376

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Maiel's skin only seems to glisten with sweat instead of boiling and blistering. He grits his teeth, staring into the beast's face. If he doesn't change shape and gain some mass, he'll get flung around again... and that doesn't make for a good impression. Raw strength wouldn't do if he wasn't heavy enough to stay on the other creature.

The shadows in the room leap forth to cover Maiel. Tellysandra and her associates may find themselves suddenly lacking one, producing an unsettling sensation of someone walking or standing close behind them...

Maiel is wrapped in a black cloak. The shape of him swells and grows, like a sack being filled with water. The ball of darkness nearly swells enough to start covering the huge swine before it bursts, leaving a grey giant standing in Maiel's place, hands still wrapped around the boar's tusks. Maiel must be at least twelve feet tall now. His head is a huge, fluted skull, run through with pipes and tubes of bone. As he releases a rattling exhalation, the skull whistles and sighs. One shudders to imagine what such a thing must have looked like with a covering of flesh, if it is a fossil at all as it appears.

The Ruin surges forward, a mass of grey flesh like a train car, all muscle like iron cord and bones as hard as deep strata. He tries to wrap his huge arm around the swine's neck, place him in a crushing hold. It was time to see the limits of the demon's shapeshifting powers. Could it escape his grip altogether, or if it did change, would his arm still be wrapped around a new and different throat? They would see.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Dena just stares back silently at the demons, in her experience, the less that was said to such beings, the better.

"Shy guys, eh?" The imp remarks casually. "But as I said, I had a proposition for you, whoever you are." He smiles. "We have been ordered to stop any intruders and alert the master of their presence, but you are the first exciting thing here in months. So rather than setting off all the alarms and you going stabby-stabby on us, why don't we all sit down for a quick fun game together? If you do, we'll let you past. Not even a whisper to the master." He holds out his hand as if expecting Kirk to shake it, but this might just be a gesture considering how short he is compared to Kirk. "Pact honor."

"We're playing poker with them?" The raven-demon demands.

The imp puts away his hand. "Oh no, I was thinking a game of 'Serve Me'. They want to get past us without alerting the master, right?" The imp turns to Dena and Kirk. "Well, that game will let you do just that and more, if you're clever enough."

"Serve me? Yay! That'll be fun! It was ages since we played! But we aren't playing with the scale are we? That's angel-play."

The imp is looking at them intently though, waiting for their answer.

Providing Kirk doesn't start stabbing, or outright refuses, the imp will continue.

"No scales. Serve me is much more fun without it." He first tells the pyramid-demon before turning back to the two. "The rules are simple." He opens his hand, revealing a black marker there that wasn't there before. "Everyone starts with at least one of these." He lets it tumble between his claws. "These are service markers, they got two special properties. First, you can inscribe them with a task that you want someone to do. Secondly, while holding them you may never tell a lie. In the game of Serve me, each player will start by inscribing them with a service that you want one of the other players to do." The imp suddenly closes around the marker, and when he opens his claw again, the marker seems to have been inscribe with a name in elegant golden letters, Limithius.

"That's my name, since the marker acknowledges the task I inscribed into the marker as mine. Whoever has it must perform the service I inscribed into the marker. For instance, i could want Avary to steal a car for me or something. However..." He suddenly tosses over the marker to the pyramid who gleefully catches it with her string arms. She then in turn displays it to Dena and Kirk and the marker appears unchanged, still carrying the golden letters spelling out the imps name.

Before they can put much thought into this, the pyramid tosses back the marker to the imp, who easily catches it and holds it up for them to see. Now the letters of the marker starts to reform until they spell out the name Avary. "The marker still carry the same service, and I know what service it is simply by touching it. But now the same service is to Avary, the last owner of the marker. So I'm supposed to perform it for her now, get it?"

He pauses a moment before continuing. "And that's how the markers work, which is the most complex part of the game really. The rest of the rules are simple. As I said, everyone starts off with one marker except the person who starts the game, they got two. At the start of their turn, they'll will attempt to give one of the markers to one of the other players. However, the player they attempt to give it to may ask them a question which they must answer truthfully, keeping in mind the secondary ability of the markers. If they do so without fail, the player must accept the marker. Once that is done, its the player who was given the markers turn. They will do exactly the same thing, try to give away one of their markers to another player who may ask them a question. They can't give the marker to a player who already given away a marker however. So once every player have given away a marker and the last player can't actually give away one of theirs, the round is over.
    Then next round will start with the last player of the previous round starting, and so on. Typically, you play for three of these rounds and once the game is over, each player must perform the service of the marker to its owner. Kinda like a geas. If the player still has the marker they started with they pick the player which they want perform that service for."
    He nods as he appears to be finished explaining.
    "Of course, the services don't have to get cashed in right away, whatever happens, we'll let you run along to do whatever you're up to." He glances between the other two demons. "We can pact-promise that, right guys?"

"Sure!" Avary exclaims eagerly.

"...if they're going to play, sure." The raven-demon agrees after a moment of hesitation.
    [Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk looks between the three demons for a moment, and then suddenly stows away his knife. "Fine, we'll play your game." Though he gives Dena a glance to confirm. Up to her at this point. "So how do we start?"

18. - Top - End - #378

[All Around]

Some time has passed since Arkant returned from his mmeeting and he has set some things into motion.
    Out of nowhere unlabeled trucks appear in the streets of Skyside. Most time they seem to deliver goods and packages, but during the night they get parked in the streets. A strange thing, but yet nothing seems to odd.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [All Around]

Odd, unlabelled trucks making deliveries? Left on the streets? Unannounced? In their neighborhood?
    Interesting.

So, one night, as the trucks are left seemingly abandoned, a little elf girl (just old enough to start to be an adolescent instead of a child) with a picnic basket in her hand and a pair of crystals orbiting her head shows up to steal one of them. She steps up and:
    1. Scans the truck with her magical vision, looking for alarms, traps, and its psychometric history: where it came from, how it got here, how long it's been in service, when and where it was made, etc.
    2. Tries the handle. Who knows, maybe it was left unlocked.
    3. But if it was locked (like it probably was) she rummages in her picnic basket for a set of lockpicks non-standard keys and tries breaking in that way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #380

[All Around]

First The trucks are old and have passed many kilometer in inside. at some point they were bought and brought to Skyside It seems to be made years ago in inside.
    The truck has an alarm. A standard one and ...
    Second ... it is closed.
    Third. That way works fine, but it depends on her skills if the alarm goes of or not. Pushing to stron or making a failur ring the alarm. Not that it is an very good alarm. Its just old and even rings when a cat jumps on the truck.

21. - Top - End - #381

[Tellysandra's Manse] - Night time]

Dena shrugs, though it is barely noticeable for anyone but Kirk. It isn't a protest though, so she is going to allow it.
    "Excellent, excellent." The imp smiles widely as he makes a throwing motion at them, coming out of his hand are three markers that weren't there before. "First, we're going to make the markers. Since you two obviously will work together, and since it is your first game, I'm going to allow you to discuss them together. In addition, you can also pick who is going first. Am I nice or what?" The imp declares as another marker has appeared in his palm. "But first things first, make up three requests you want, then we'll start playing the game. Remember, whoever goes first gets that extra third marker." Limithius points at the third chip that he threw to them.

The other two demons suddenly have their own markers at hand.

"Any questions?"

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The winged woman's frown only deepens as she witness Maiel's transformation.
    Tellysandra herself only smile however, the rumor had been right. There was a good reason she had invited him here.

The boar seems even less pleased than the winged woman though and squeals loudly as the giant is attempting to crush its throat. The squealing will stop however as it turns back into a serpent and attempts to fly away, escaping the giants grasp.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-20 at 06:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Default [All Around]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    First The trucks are old and have passed many kilometer in inside. at some point they were bought and brought to Skyside It seems to be made years ago in inside.
    The truck has an alarm. A standard one and ...
    Second ... it is closed.
    Third. That way works fine, but it depends on her skills if the alarm goes of or not. Pushing too strongly or failing ring the alarm. Not that it is an very good alarm. Its just old and even rings when a cat jumps on the truck.
    BEEP BEEP BEEP goes the alarm. The girl (Alni is her name) gets the door open, but not without setting the alarm off along the way.
    She scrambles inside and shuts the door behind her, hiding down in front of the seat to wait out the alarm. It's old and faulty; it won't keep ringing for too long. Better to just let it die down before moving on. She curses her clumsy fingers, covers her pointy ears, and waits for things to get quiet.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #383

[All Around - One LKW]

After a minute or so many people open up their window and curse whoever made this noise and tell them to stop it. Another two minutes pass and the alarm is still going, but Alni might here someone approching. Whoever it is seems to argue with the other people. maybe it's someone with keys? They sure leave the cars everywhare but they don't seem to be that far away.
    What will Alni do? Unless the alarm goes of the man sure will get into the truck. Maybe hiding behind the seats is an option. There is no way from the driver cabin to the storage bhind, but there is at least some space.

24. - Top - End - #384

Default [All Around - One LKW]

Uh-oh. Someone's going to come find her out.
    But she's small; she can stay hidden. Hopefully.
    She pushes her basket behind the passenger seat then slips in there herself, trying to be very still, holding her breath.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #385

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The winged woman's frown only deepens as she witness Maiel's transformation.
    Tellysandra herself only smile however, the rumor had been right. There was a good reason she had invited him here.

The boar seems even less pleased than the winged woman though and squeals loudly as the giant is attempting to crush its throat. The squealing will stop however as it turns back into a serpent and attempts to fly away, escaping the giants grasp.
    "Yield," drawls the creature as the snake wriggles free, tracking it through the air. The voice of the monster is nigh indescribable. It sounds so much like a tumultuous shifting of earth and stone, like the crushing shift of a continental plate, that the word would be impossible to understand if one weren't paying very close attention. This does not stop Maiel from punctuating his demand with a blast of Starfire, twin bolts of white-hot power that snap forth from the sockets of his fluted skull. They're lower grade, as he doesn't want to bring the ceiling down, but they're surely enough to blow up anything that's too near his target.

The snake that called Ismodus, if struck, will feel a heat that could compete with the flames of Hell itself. Perhaps, to his vile nature, the pure and terrible blast of primordial energy will sting all the more.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #386

Default Re: [All Around - One LKW]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Uh-oh. Someone's going to come find her out.
    But she's small; she can stay hidden. Hopefully.
    She pushes her basket behind the passenger seat then slips in there herself, trying to be very still, holding her breath.
    The man curses in different languages as he uses his key to open up the car. seems like he is to distracted to notice it is already open.
    He opens the doow and grips after a handle under the seat openening up the bonnet. The alarm suddendly get's a bit louder as he heads forward to look at the engine. Curses follow as he comes back to the door. his hands wander behind the seat while looking up.

"Where is this damn screwdriver."

Alni might notice that the place behind the seat is filled with tools and trash. somewhere around should be the tool the man searches, but maybe she got one in her basket before the man will take a closer look behind the seat.

27. - Top - End - #387

Default [All Around - One LKW]

Of course she does! Screwdrivers are versatile and non-illegal tools.
    Alni carefully reaches into her basket, gets out one of the screwdrivers, and places it quietly right in front of the reaching hand, so that the man will pick it up.
    That was close.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #388

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The serpent just manages to avoid the blast by dropping straight to the ground and cowing before Maiel. "I yield." It declares as it crawls on the earth before the giant.

Tellysandra and Siro look at the giant, waiting for what will happen next. The warlocks winged associate isn't even looking, her attention instead being on the screen of a cellphone she somehow have produced.

29. - Top - End - #389

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Oh. That was easier than expected. Maiel doesn't try to attack or crush Ismodus, he just peers up at Tellysandra and rumbles, "Gooood enough?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #390

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The warlock smiles. "Good enough." She repeats. "I hope you two had a time time, not every day you see that." The she offers her hand to Maiel. "But let's shake on our new partnership, shall we?"