New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

[Tempest Row - Sorrow Found]

”Both. I owe the Ecclesiarchy my loyalty, and the God-Emperor my undying devotion.” Janissara doesn’t hesitate with wording there. The degrees of emphasis for each group perhaps speak more about her values than she intends, however. She takes a moment to sip the contents of her own cup before responding next, studying the dog tags with with slight surprise. She didn’t realize Sorrow was quite so high-ranking before she fell! Figures. It always seemed they neglected key information from all of the briefings she’d attended. ”I’m... afraid the Ecclesiarchy doesn’t like the idea of a heretic earning favorable opinions from citizens of the Imperium, even if their intentions are noble. As for me... we are all expendable, are we not?” that’s not answering the question, and she knows it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest Row - Janissara Lost

"And that answers my questions I suppose."
    Sorrow says after mulling the Sister's answers over a bit. "I never wanted sympathy from the masses. Or anyone. And the Ecclesiarchy and Inquisition are doing a poor job of covering it if I have obtained some." She points out as she pulls out her bolt pistol. She doesn't aim it at Janissara and instead ejects the empty magazine before removing the single Bolt round she had left in it. The round is pocketed before she does the same for her larger Boltgun as well. Two rounds was all that she had left between them. After they're made safe, she sets them upon the table. "You have two choices before you that I see. First, you attack and slay me. Or try to. Chances are that you were sent because you made someone uncomfortable and you are now finding yourself in over your head."

She pauses for a moment to let that sink in while she drinks the rest of her tea. "The other is you just take my guns and tags and claim I'm dead. Go back a hero, get your praise, you've proven yourself. All that matters then is whether or not you can find peace with that lie between you and the God-Emperor."

3. - Top - End - #573

[Tempest Row - Jani’s Sorry]

A tense silence hangs in the air as Janissara lowers her gaze, staring into her cup of tea as she weighs the two paths before her. Finally, with a defeated sigh, the Sororitas sets her drink down. "That may very much be so, but I cannot live with that lie." Pushing her chair back, she gets to her feet, the light of the cafe glinting off of her silver armor. "I have my orders, and I cannot break my vows. Unshouldering her boltgun, she levels it towards Sorrow, clearly still a little conflicted.
    "I'm sorry."
    And with that, she fires a single shot.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Tempest Row]
    After catching a ride on an airship, Oliver has made it to Skyside, specifically Tempest Row. He's disguised himself by changing into a button-up t-shirt and slacks, as well as putting on a mask which cover his lower face. He carries with him a high-quality digital camera. Walking toward Attila's Cantina, he quietly practices a fake voice. Not very good, but he's getting there.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-08-21 at 07:10 PM.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest Row - Cue Mortal Kombat Theme

Sorrow doesn't react immediately to the Sororitas drawing her weapon, but the moment she begins to say Sorry, her jump pack engages and she blasts out to the side. She leaves her guns, but her chainsword is drawn with the speed and grace one would expect from a veteran Sister. The blade sings as Sorrow revs it, and when the jump pack rockets her back towards Janissara it comes down in an arc to try and slice the boltgun's front off. Typical chainswords wouldn't be able to do it, but the way Sorrow's is...

It could slice right through heavy weaponry like a hot knife through butter.

If Janissara had a full debrief on Serephim Superior Beatrix Long's capabilities, she'll know she's primarily a melee fighter contrary to how most Serephim are, nor does she carry flamers. With her guns empty and on the table, the chainsword should be all that she has left. But if she has time in the fight to examine it, Janissara will find that it isn't a typical chainsword at all. It had a more elegant Drusus Pattern curve, but the frame and sides seemed to be made of silver and brass, and the hilt was shaped like a Saint. It could easily be a holy weapon, and possibly one that she would be required to retrieve if she killed or otherwise defeated Sorrow.

6. - Top - End - #576

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Tempest Row - Cue Mortal Kombat Theme

Sorrow doesn't react immediately to the Sororitas drawing her weapon, but the moment she begins to say Sorry, her jump pack engages and she blasts out to the side. She leaves her guns, but her chainsword is drawn with the speed and grace one would expect from a veteran Sister. The blade sings as Sorrow revs it, and when the jump pack rockets her back towards Janissara it comes down in an arc to try and slice the boltgun's front off. Typical chainswords wouldn't be able to do it, but the way Sorrow's is...

It could slice right through heavy weaponry like a hot knife through butter.

If Janissara had a full debrief on Serephim Superior Beatrix Long's capabilities, she'll know she's primarily a melee fighter contrary to how most Serephim are, nor does she carry flamers. With her guns empty and on the table, the chainsword should be all that she has left. But if she has time in the fight to examine it, Janissara will find that it isn't a typical chainsword at all. It had a more elegant Drusus Pattern curve, but the frame and sides seemed to be made of silver and brass, and the hilt was shaped like a Saint. It could easily be a holy weapon, and possibly one that she would be required to retrieve if she killed or otherwise defeated Sorrow.
    [Tempest Row - Disco Inferno!

As the boltgun fires and collides with naught but pavement, sending shards of concrete into the air, Janisarra swivels rapidly to turn towards Sorrow with widened eyes. She barely had the time to process the glorious revving of a chainsword and recall what she had been briefed on before the Serephim rockets towards her like a bat out of hell, stumbling back and pulling the trigger. Her reactions aren't fast enough, however; Sorrow's divine blade cleaves straight through the barrel, forcing the boltgun downwards.

Three more rounds explode in the pavement between the clashing Sororitae as Janisarra swings her now *somewhat* useless boltgun in an upwards arc towards her jaw, letting the compact weapon fly as her other hand swiftly unsheathes the inferno pistol on her hip and fires. The shot goes wide thanks to the complete lack of aiming, barely grazing Sorrow's armor if it hits at all. The woman attempts then to make a hasty retreat, taking out the flamer on her back and letting loose a torrent of cleansing fire.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2018-08-21 at 08:45 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest Row - On A Cold Winter's Morning...

The ruined boltgun slams into Sorrow's jaw, knocking her back slightly and setting her on the defensive. The inferno pistol does miss, but it is close enough to rip a large divot out of Sorrow's pauldron. There's the smell of cooked flesh from such a close blast, but the moment the flamer is brought to bear, she dives forward once more heedless of the danger. The flames wash over her entirely, but her jump pack doesn't let her slow as she tries to slam into Janissara and pin her to a wall while her free hand tries to grab the tip of the flamer to point it up into the air. "Where do you think you are?!?" Sorrow hisses. "Do you want to get yourself killed?"

It seems the napalm doesn't stick well to the woman who is putting off her own blazing aura.

8. - Top - End - #578

Tempest Row - On A Cold Winter's Morning...

The ruined boltgun slams into Sorrow's jaw, knocking her back slightly and setting her on the defensive. The inferno pistol does miss, but it is close enough to rip a large divot out of Sorrow's pauldron. There's the smell of cooked flesh from such a close blast, but the moment the flamer is brought to bear, she dives forward once more heedless of the danger. The flames wash over her entirely, but her jump pack doesn't let her slow as she tries to slam into Janissara and pin her to a wall while her free hand tries to grab the tip of the flamer to point it up into the air. "Where do you think you are?!?" Sorrow hisses. "Do you want to get yourself killed?"

It seems the napalm doesn't stick well to the woman who is putting off her own blazing aura.
    [Tempest Row - Berserk a Savage Running Wild...]

Sorrow's maneuvering is perfect. The seraphem charges towards rather than away from the scorching promethium, and Janissara doesn't realize her weapon's ineffectuality until it's too late. She cries out in surprise as the Khornate Sororitas breaks through the flame, slamming her into the wall and pinning her prey easily. The woman struggles futilely in her grip, staring back at Sorrow with unconcealed fear. "No!" she yells, letting go of the handle of her flamer and making a desperate attempt to unsheathe the monoknife on her belt.

It seems the panic of battle meant that the intended message didn't quite get across....
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2018-08-21 at 09:56 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest Row - It's A Hard Knock Life

Sorrow curses when the other Sororitas panics and tries to draw a knife. She had only one real option ahead of her and it wasn't going to be a pleasant one. She had to get Janissara out of here before she actually torched someone innocent. So, she does what any good Sister of Battle would do and tries to deliver a strong headbutt right against Jani's face to try and knock her out. If that doesn't work, she follows through by trying to slam the side of her blade against her temple. Hopefully that would work.

If not, Janissara will be able to draw her blade provided she doesn't fumble when her head is under assault.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Tempest Row]

As Oliver makes his way through the city, he's followed by an invisible, nearly undetectable figure (who, under the psychic stealth, is still concealed beneath a baggy robe and hood).

The noble estate Oliver was hired to rob is, of course, in the Cloudtops.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #581

[Tempest Row - Hammers In My Head]

Once again, Sorrow's intentions are executed perfectly upon the novice Sister. Janissara ceases her terrified grasping for the knife as the Khornate slams her head into her, stunning her perfectly. Unfortunately for her, it's not quite enough to render her unconscious outright, groaning in pain as she looks back at her target in a daze. A swift strike with the flat of the holy-looking blade finishes the job, and she falls limp in Sorrow's grip.
    Her would-be executioner isn't liable to wake up anytime soon, excepting perhaps some particularly nasty treatment.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [Tempest Row]==>[Cloudtops]

Oliver, not knowing much about Skyside, has no idea where the estate is. However, after some asking in Attila's Cantina, he started making his way toward the Cloudtops, ready to scope out the situation. As he walks he makes sure the backpack he brought is secure. Wouldn't want anyone accidentally opening it and seeing the equipment he'd brought.

Once he gets to the Cloudtops and near the estate, he starts checking if there are any places a tourist could tour the place. if not, he'd have to move his heist closer than he'd expected.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-08-22 at 07:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583

Default [Cloudtops]

As Oliver heads towards the Cloudtops, his shadow turns away.

They do offer tours - weekday mornings only - for although people do live and work here, it's a great chance to show off.

In the center of the estate is a veritable skyscraper, a glass cylinder fifty stories tall with a jaunty diagonal roof. (like so, but extending up off the page) Surrounding it are six smaller buildings (all at least a hundred feet high, though) all interconnected with skybridges, some of which are don't physically exist. Scattered nearby are some shorter, blockier buildings. Between the buildings is a surprisingly large amount of greenery. In theory you could walk right up. In practice, the guards would frown at that. Stay on the paths.

The tour information poster will remind the visitor that none of these buildings are the original Coconut Spire that the House originally brought to Skyside (As it happens, that was located in the Raindrop district, and demolished to build a housing ziggurat some time ago).

Security at the entrances to the towers seems heavy - in particular the ground level of the central tower, but Oliver might get the sense that he in particular is being watched by the people of Skyside. Perhaps he just seems like a tourist and isn't blending in? Or is it something else?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-08-23 at 10:12 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #584
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Torr Estate (Cloudtops)

Making sure to stay on the paths as to not attract any more attention than he already has, Oliver walks around the estate, taking pictures of notable objects, such as vents, places grappling hooks could latch onto, cameras, etc. He makes sure to mix in some pictures of landmarks and guards, so he still looks like a tourist. Not knowing what the guard routes are would put him at a disadvantage, but it's nothing some on-the-spot observation wouldn't solve.

After taking the necessary pictures he starts searching for someone who could answer some questions about the family, like a tour guide or a helpful guard.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-08-23 at 12:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Tellysandra's Manse]

"If you finish your assigned task, then of course." Telly replies, smiling back at the giant of a man. "I do leave the city from time to time, I don't need massive amounts of security everywhere I go. Comes with the magic." A puff of smoke appear in her hand and strikes her hand with miniature lighting, she doesn't even seem to feel it. "I'm sure you feel the same way. Power is nice after all."
    "Mmh," Maiel passively agrees. "Besides. Even if you weren't safe on your own, you would be safe with me."

After a beat, he adds, "It wouldn't be prudent to lead my new business partner into a dangerous place."

[Tellysandra's Manse - Night Time]

Tina does as she's bidden! She isn't gonna argue here. She looks down at herself finally, and realizes she is this odd chrome color.

"Dena," she says, a bit awkwardly. "You guys came for me..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #586

Dena smiles, but its one of an almost sadistic glee. "I wasn't going to miss the chance to wipe out so much vermin." She gestures behind her. "You guys go ahead, I'll... hold them off."

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"Wise. Its curious, I know a great deal of people that would assume that you are just a dumb brute of a man, but I know better. You're quite clever." The warlock observes with a smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-08-24 at 07:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse - Meeting]

The lady nods. "My thoughts exactly. The question is if you want to share the spotlight? This would likely take months, if not years, to implement and since you are starting to come out of the shadows now considering that you are reaching out to me like this, I wonder what sort of position you will be by then. You sound to be a quite progressive organization after all."
    Kramolagh clasps his gloved hands together, his mind elsewhere for several seconds as he mulls over a suitable answer.

"At zhis time, zhere are many... factors to consider. May I get back to you on zhat?"

18. - Top - End - #588

Spoiler: Previouse on Sky-island
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Attack- Street of Slavers- West

The defenders will let the monster retreat, so long as it's retreating away from the Guild's property. The ghoul will take off his flame-thrower and hand it to one of the guards, as he heads to the shops. He's injured, and needs to find a cleric or doctor for healing. The guard with the flamethrower isn't as effective with it as the ghoul was, but knows how to use it, and does so to burn off any more of that weird mist the monster was hiding in.

Attack- Street of Slavers- East

Not much chance of the cleric eating the goo- she's wearing a leather mask over her face, looking less like armour and more like kinky bedroom wear. But it can't accidentally splash into her face, which is probably the only way she'd eat it.

The Houndoom continues to use Flamethrower, as the Dunmer's magical energies are now replenished and he can return to using lightning instead of sound.

The Thug continues to hack at the largest pieces of the mutant, as the cleric finishes her prayer. Iron manacles on spectral chains erupt from the ground beneath the gooey beast, which will try to fasten about its limbs. If they succeed, the chains will retract and try to drag the monster with them, on an express trip to the deepest oubliette in Loviatar's Garden of Pain. Any chunks severed completely will likely still be around, but with the largest piece in a dimension of endless pain and torture, they might not be able to reform properly.

Not Attack, Street of Slavers- GIRLS

The shop is filled with cages, containing a collection of girls and young women wearing no more than their underwear. The merchandise range from thirteen to thirty, but most are between fifteen and twenty five. Jasper, the young man behind the shop's counter, looks at Kramolagh. "If your relative has been taken as a slave, I'm afraid you have to buy them back like anyone else. Unless they've already been sold, or chosen to be exported to another world. If that's the case, you'll have to bribe me to look at our warehouse and if she's there, buy her from the warehouse manager. If a slave you bought from us has died, I'm afraid once they leave this establishment we accept no responsibility for them, although we do try to keep them as healthy as we can, there's no guarantee they will survive. Or is this about something else?" Jasper's a redheaded young man wearing a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt with 'SSG' written on it letters that look like chains.
    [Road Trip]

"Holy ganzongas!" Nimiz exclaims as he turns to look at Nora.
    "Focus! Shoot the monsters instead!" Therese shouts yet does not fire herself as Nora is apparently entering melee. Damn it, how was punching supposed to be better than shooting? Fists couldn't beat a laser-blast!
    "I'm doing calibrations! These things are not made for flesh brains you know!"

The gnoll, meanwhile, catches Nora's shoes and tucks them safely into the car. At least this would be entertaining to watch...

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"The underground? It'd feel like I'd relinquish the freedom of the skies if I got myself down there. Not to see the open sky, eternal darkness... you would really have to do a lot of convincing for me to go down there. Not that I doubt there is beauty to be found even there." She gestures at the room, or more accurately at the projection on the walls around them. "Even darkness can be beautiful, even if I prefer the light."

"To test? Sounds like a lot of effort for a simple test. I like the idea though, self-driving cars are the way of the future. I just hope ones would-be customers see it that way. People can be superstitious about things they do not understand, as you probably know."
    Road Trip

When Nora's fist practically sinks in, she pauses for a moment to shudder visibly. "Oh...oh Light...they're gooey!" She squeals, put off by the thought of it. That meant this entire thing was going to turn messy in ways she didn't want. And she'd have to buy new clothes after she incinerated this set. Thankfully, the others shouting snaps her out of her disgust. "You can stare at my Ganzongas later! Just...use something with cutting power!" She advises, assuming that the remark was about her. She turns her head when the mutant hits her back a couple steps, since while she didn't feel pain from it she really wasn't used to fighting.

"Oh Light this is going to get messy...your boss owes me new clothes after this!"
    Nora shouts over her shoulder before stepping back towards the mutant. Instead of punching this time, she tries to sink her fingers into neck and shoulder of the mutant before pulling. It was time to Rip and Tear, and hopefully she could just literally rip the mutants apart.

Attack- Street of Slavers- West

The creature will retreat, but it will go for the other direction where its Jelly friends are. The cloud will move with and now it seems to be only a bit delayed to the sources movements meaning that the cloud moves faster, but also leaves less trail where it passed.
    The remaining mist will be burnt away quickly

Attack- Street of Slavers- East

The poor ghoul caugth in the lightning is again caught and unable to move. As befor the fire shows most effektiv making the creature shrink. It will need some time to totally terminate the creature thought.

The parts don't regenerate as fast tas the thug can slash them so there will likly be only the feet and a small part of the leg remaining when the chains come.It won't be the largest part, but it will be the largest pieces that remain. The remaining mass will still try to get back together, but what will come out can only be seen if it succeeds.
    On another note the poison cloud approches . (It was the same street if i recall right.)

Road Trip

Two of the monsters still continue to hit the barrier. There are tiny little fresh humanoids inside and we don't wanna miss a meal... thought they never showed any kind of feast on their prey the others just beated them to death.
    That means 3 others are going to the Road Trip people. All of them still regenerate the hole they got which doesn't stop them.

If Nora uses to much strength her fingers will go direcly into the monster when they penetrate the skin. Thought the monster will try again to club her with his arm befor she grabs him. When she starts the ripping she first feels some resistance, but after the skin seems to be brocken it goes as easy a paper goes for us. The inside of the monster seems to be 100% goo which will splash over her during the rip off. Strangly the part with the head remains full intact even if it shouts in pain. it will again try to hit her while the other sideslowly turns to only goo and loose his form.
    The other two slowly approch Nore now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #589

The best place to grapple to is the underside of the bridges. The vents are all very small. They don't want anyone bigger than an insect climbing through them.

He shouldn't have any trouble joining a tour group. This one is guided by a sleepy-looking owl-woman. "-which can still be seen across the lower planes today. Any questions before we move on to the Muse Tower?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #590
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Torr Estate (Cloudtops)

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The best place to grapple to is the underside of the bridges. The vents are all very small. They don't want anyone bigger than an insect climbing through them.

He shouldn't have any trouble joining a tour group. This one is guided by a sleepy-looking owl-woman. "-which can still be seen across the lower planes today. Any questions before we move on to the Muse Tower?"
    Oliver raises his hand, and without waiting, says, "Sorry, I'm new to Skyside. What exactly does House Torr usually do?" Hopefully her sleepiness means she'll let something slip.

21. - Top - End - #591

"Usually do?"
    The owl-guide laughs to herself.
    "I don't think you understand. They do not simply do some thing. They lead. They administer the great northern desert, as well as parts of seaside. Maintain the economy, gather people to Skyside, push the boundaries of science, advocate for their people, defend the city when it is attacked..."
    "Was there something specifically you had in mind?"

In short, they do nothing. Sit on the sidelines and watch, perhaps meddle a little, try not to attract the wrong sort of attention. It would be such a bother if they had to stop playing this 'Skyside' game.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #592
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Torr Estate (Cloudtops)

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Usually do?"
    The owl-guide laughs to herself.
    "I don't think you understand. They do not simply do some thing. They lead. They administer the great northern desert, as well as parts of seaside. Maintain the economy, gather people to Skyside, push the boundaries of science, advocate for their people, defend the city when it is attacked..."
    "Was there something specifically you had in mind?"

In short, they do nothing. Sit on the sidelines and watch, perhaps meddle a little, try not to attract the wrong sort of attention. It would be such a bother if they had to stop playing this 'Skyside' game.
    Frowning slightly, Oliver says, "No, nothing in particular, just wanted to have a more in-depth understanding of Skyside politics." He politely excuses himself from the tour and walks off to a place where he can make a heist plan and wait until night falls.

Once night has come, Oliver pulls on a black full-face mask made of nylon, as well as black turtleneck and black pants. He grabs a hacking device, some climbing claws that should help him with climbing up walls, and an air-powered gun that shoots tranquilizer darts. He sneaks to a place where he can see if there are guards on the walls, patrolling the outside grounds, etc.

23. - Top - End - #593

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"Wise. Its curious, I know a great deal of people that would assume that you are just a dumb brute of a man, but I know better. You're quite clever." The warlock observes with a smile.
    [Tellysandra's Manse]

"Clever enough to realize when someone is trying to draw a rise out of me," Maiel says, arching an eyebrow very slightly. He seems subtly amused.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-08-25 at 08:18 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

Tina does as she's bidden! She isn't gonna argue here. She looks down at herself finally, and realizes she is this odd chrome color.

"Dena," she says, a bit awkwardly. "You guys came for me..."

Dena smiles, but its one of an almost sadistic glee. "I wasn't going to miss the chance to wipe out so much vermin." She gestures behind her. "You guys go ahead, I'll... hold them off."

"Sorry, babe, but you're coming with." Kirk takes a small stick of something, puts it between his teeth, and breaks it off. Immediately smoke billows from it and he breathes deeply.

He steels himself for just a moment longer and then look up. Directly into her eyes, capturing her there with his own gaze. Somehow he isn't dead on the spot. He moves toward her and tries to cup either side of her face in his hands. "You've done everything you needed to do." He says as gently as he can, still staring into her eyes. Though there's an edge on his voice. "Let's get out of here."

25. - Top - End - #595

"Of course, I certainly didn't expect you to answer right away. We'll see where you end up in the end, but shall we go back to what we originally discussed? Just what type of support did your organization need? Simply money, or something more?" She reaches for what appears to be a checkbook.

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"Oh please, I'm complimenting you." The warlock remarks with a wry smile. "However, I'm afraid our time is coming to an end as I have business to attend to and so do you. Isn't that right?"

And so their gazes meet for the first time since that fateful encounter at in that bathroom.
    Last time Kirk looked upon them will be difficult to remember as that moment their gazes met only lasted less than a second yet in his memory it might seem much longer, almost like a dream, and that might be the most accurate term describing them, dream-like. Like staring directly into the sun they seem both immensely power and unnaturally beautiful at the same time. Mesmerizing and almost impossible to look away from.
    Yet Dena does not seem pleased with this sudden course of events as those two suns that make up her eyes seem to explode in rage. "NO!" She shouts as he moves towards her. "You bloody idiot! STOP. LOOKING. AT. ME." She looks away and attempts to push him to the side but will most likely just swing her arm into empty air as she is seemingly desperately looking away from him, even to the point of closing her eyes.
    This does give him an advantage, but if he cups her cheeks he will find her eyes shut closed, refusing to open them as he speaks. "Why are you doing this?!?" She demands, yet seems to have stopped pushing him away at least. Sounding a more collected.

Road Trip

"They coming for us!" The gnoll exclaims in panic.
    Suddenly however, Nimix grins. "Not a problem any more. Figured out an much easier way to solve this..." Then he hits a button on his wrist computer and multiple beams shoot out of it.
    In theory, each beam should should hit one mutant (no matter what state they're currently in) but they're not perfectly calculated so its possible they end up hitting other things entirely.

While various types of armors could interfere with the beams if they do hit without anything interfering, the object or being hit will be teleported into four possible locations:

1. Into the depths of empty space within Starside.
    2. The bedroom of a young reporter in Inside.
    3. Onto one of the pool tables in trog's tavern.
    4. Into Galespire, the ethereal capital in Seaside.

The other players can decide which beam that his who and where the target ends up.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-08-26 at 04:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Orc in the Playground

Attack, Street of Slavers- West

They'll hold their position, waiting for either the attack to end and the all-clear to sound, or the next wave. They're hoping more the former than the latter.

Attack, Street of Slavers- East

It is the same street, yes, but... I'm not sure where the poison gas is coming from. I thought all the gas was poison? Which is why they're also trying to burn the gas off, not just the monsters.

The Houndoom continues its Flamethrower, as the Dunmer keeps its lightning. The Brute and the Cleric move toward the trapped, burning mutant, to start working on hacking it into smaller pieces. They'll keep the pieces in the flames, as much as they can, but hopefully smaller pieces will burn faster.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #597

Default [Torr Estate (Cloudtops)]

"Keep your eyes open, then. It's not where you'd expect it to be." The tour owl nods at Oliver, a kindly look in her eyes.

Unluckily, the target creature doesn't show itself while he's making plans.
    Plenty of unusual creatures have headed into the dormitory on the east wall, but none of them were a flying serpent.
    He might have to make some effort to find it, or at least a map.

At night, guards patrol around the towers in a complex epicycle, mostly around the center tower, mostly clockwise.
    The roof of the gymnasium proves to be an acceptable, unwatched vantage point.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #598
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oliver grabs a small stone from the ground before climbing onto the roof. He waits until a guard is directly in front of him, then throws the stone on the ground directly in front of the wall, hoping the guard leans over the wall to see what the sound was.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-08-27 at 04:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Maiel sighs. "So be it. Off to toil, then." Maiel offers his hand to Telly. He'll try to help tug her to her feet and kiss the top of her knuckles in one motion. "It was nice getting to know you a bit better, Tellysandra."

And with that, it's likely he'll get his things before heading off.

Tina suddenly appears at Kirk's side, hands clasped before her, eyes still lowered toward the ground. She tries to snag one of the drowesses hands, but doesn't seem willing to interrupt this moment. She'll wait there patiently, trying to be a comfort with her presence, even if she doesn't understand exactly why Dena was being like this. Was it her curse...?

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #600

Default [Torr Estate (Cloudtops)]

If you look at every sound, you'll miss the distractions. If you assume every sound is a distraction, you'll miss the obvious threats.
    Most people who creep around here at night aren't sneaky enough to even try misdirection, but they can be dangerous all the same.

The guard doesn't think through all this. He just turns to shine his light that-a-way and look for what made the noise.

Now, when he finds that rock, or finds nothing, that'll cause some suspicion...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine