Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 82
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Where Madness Dwells

    Kynlee is on a hill overlooking the city, where she can smell similar smells to those you smelt in life, before your prison sentence tore you away and showed you a whole new line of work that is, the waste of the slums, the smell of roasting meat, and ultimately the stench of death. You look down upon the city from on high, the clenched note from your mother in one hand.

    Mina has been in the city for a few days, her traveling taking her to a place that finding a vampire at would be... surprising to say the least. Instead of staying at the local inn you have decided to stay in the church, after all who knows what could happen in an Inn at a city like this. From your short time you already have noticed that the place seems to be fearful of most mages, killing them on sight unless they have a Uythjil (a special pass from the governor of the city) in which case they are treated with much respect. Suddenly there is a knocking on the door and a rough dwarvish voice you recognize as that of the cleric who runs the church is heard from the other side " 'ey, zer es somun ere te met yuh." To most his accent is... incomprehensible. This is the first time he's bothered you, and now it is apparent that he knew you were there, although he didn't care... for one reason or another.

    Astra is waiting to enter the Chamber of Lords, who have offered him a decent contract. On the otherside of the door there is the sound of much bickering, and then finally a tall bald man storms out of the room Outrageous, absolutely outrageous! As he leaves a tall man slips into the shadows, silently following him, such is business after all. Then an elderly looking person whose hands are covered in ink stains comes out "The Lords are ready to see you now."

    Xilo is heading for the Chamber of Lords, trying to get through the streets, which if one doesn't mind wading through the filth is not too hard, it seems that most stay clear of the street, at least in the better parts of town. In the distance you hear cries of "Witchcraft!" and "Burn the Witch!", although the Lords asked in their letter that you hurry as it is of the utmost importance.

    Ashi is heading for the city, as she has heard vague whispery rumors that something is wrong with the asylum, although as far as she can tell there is no substance to sad rumors. Although the rumors she heard of the city were an understatement. As you approach from the eastern side of the city the stench of filth and carrion is eye watering, and only those used to and born to such filth could live in it. As you approach one of the city guards steps forward, a false smile on his face. "If I were you miss I'd suggest you head around and enter via the west gate ma'am, as the pigs in here would enjoy nothing more then... Fresh meat."

    Clarence is approaching the city from the North, a slightly chilly wind tousing his hair. A short letter from a dwarven cleric he had met once is in his possessions, which speaks of something (besides the government) that is coming, something evil... Unfortunately said dwarf suffered severe injuries a few centuries ago (not to mention he's gettin' on in the years) repelling an invasion of Terguhlf from his home. Now he mostly travels, and helps where he can.

    Debatra is sitting to the side of the Chamber of Lords, watching the Nobles debate over trade routes. They invited him in, and were about to discuss something, but apparently decided to argue with someone else and then make him wait for everyone else to show up... After all, everybody has time for a noble to waste... Don't they?

    Erick approaches the city, where a haggard looking man sits, and hollers at you, “Welcome to Niarva, Gateway to Hel! Got a coin to spare?” Two burly guards drag him away within moments, and another approaches "What is your purpose in Niarva?" Erick has recently gotten an invitation from the Merchant Lords, although the guards have not been informed... Luckily he still has the letter they sent him somewhere... although finding it may take a while.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    I look over a the man. A bit intrigued. Every town has beggars but not all are taken away like this. anyways it's not coins that they need. Then I look over at the guard. I a bit bother by guards ton by then I think how bored he musth be. Having to deal with tons of people everyday. I smile sofly replaying calmly and even some what warmly "Oh good morning sir. it's business. I was invited by the lockal merchant lords"
    Hi, I'm Greenflane or GF if you may. Here to play some games. My current passion project are two discord servers:


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    And Nairva returns to darken my mood once more. Kynlee folds her wings as best she can under a heavy cloak. She reaches into her robe feeling her hidden tanto.
    Spoiler: sleight of hand
    Show
    (1d20+10)[12]
    It was still there and easy to reach. She adjusts her Katana to hide it from the casual observer.

    Kynlee then makes her way down to the town to discus what she can with her mother about her uncles wear about. She never liked the asylum, but had once considered what it could do with more funding. In the end its reputation made her consider it a poor charity.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2017-11-13 at 11:44 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    The attractive blonde ***** her head, before practically gliding over to the door, placing her ear over the wood of the door, she stops and considers.

    Ignoring the obvious question of how long he had known she was there. She was stealthy dammit. How the hell did a damn cleric see past his own nose long enough to see her. She decided to go with the safer question.

    Um... She said shrinking her fangs so that hopefully he didn't realize she was undead. What do they look like, and what did they say they wanted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Debatra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kaeda
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    The Elf sits for a minute, idly wondering which of his relatives had managed to offend a noble. At the moment, he would guess that either Adeak had stolen something from one of them or Sarandas's political posturing had annoyed one. It of course also occurred to him that this could easily be about something else entirely, though he would then have no idea what.

    While not particularly caring for their sensitivities, he thought he may as well not actively insult the nobility; and so he bothered to "dress" for the occasion. As such, his Vestment of Many Styles is currently in the shape of some fancier clothes, more akin to the current "high-class fashion" than anything he would normally wear (though he was at least grateful that blue shirts were "in" at the moment). He had even thought to repurpose some of the small gems he carried as spell components into some minor decorations, having the magical shirt weave itself around a few of them for the appearance of ruby buttons.

    That said; he had little patience for anything here that might require any effort, especially not for a waste like this. He paid some attention to what the idiots were arguing about for a while just in case, but had long since gotten up to stare at the artwork. He'll give it another minute or two...
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?


    Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Clarence pulls his cloak tighter against his armor to try and ward away the chill. The letter he had received had troubled him enough to provoke this journey but the lack of details makes any solid move difficult. Nothing to be done about this situation, he thinks to himself, so first lets get into the city and out of this cold. With that thought in mind he heads into the city through the closest gate, wary but unsure of what is to follow.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Astra always honored a contract this one was very well paying and wondered what the prey he had to hunt down this time was. He heard to bickering coming from the room of his employers but shrugged as it was no his concern as he was not hired to worry about bickering of old men and whatever issues they had he got every contract done and to him, that is all that matters to him. Astra would watch the old man that walked out h in a howl in protest and looked to another man slip into the shadows and shrug at that as it was not the first time in business it had happened. The creature would watch as an elder man that had ink-stained hands leave room and speak to him. The creature would nod and enter the room as he spoke when it was needed as it speeds up this part of the business. He would enter the chambers and took a spot and looked to the lords and sighed as the rank of these foolish old mortals did not mean anything to him and if they make contract he did what was needed to complete it and then it is all done there was nothing else to it.


  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    The scent of this ‘city’, filled with carrion and filth was more than simply eye-watering... it was completely and utterly nauseating for a being such as Ashi. Whilst death itself was a spectre she had long since walked alongside, normally the scent of death came only from one being, and only from those recently gone. The fresh and fertile forests, teeming with life it could almost overwhelm you was Ashi’s home... and the cold, dank caves of her childhood may not have been pleasant, yet there was clean and well-kept compared to this place! Ashi could not even understand how people could choose to live here. Surely striking out from such stench and into the wild was a better life than staying in this filth!?

    ... Regardless. Ashi had heard the rumours surrounding the asylum here and knew that to repay her debt she must try to stop monsters wherever they lay. Hence why she stayed silent and nodded in thanks to the guard who approached her, heading off to circle around the city, hopefully going upwind to it as she did so... sure, Ashi knew she could handle herself, but at the same time there was no need for her to seek out danger where it could be easily avoided.
    Last edited by anonomas321; 2017-11-15 at 02:31 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Xilo is heading for the Chamber of Lords, trying to get through the streets, which if one doesn't mind wading through the filth is not too hard, it seems that most stay clear of the street, at least in the better parts of town. In the distance you hear cries of "Witchcraft!" and "Burn the Witch!", although the Lords asked in their letter that you hurry as it is of the utmost importance.
    Xilo diverts from his course a bit - a quick stop won't harm anything, and it may prevent rash decisions being made by panicked townsfolk that can't be taken back.


    Currently Recruiting: rogue_alchemist's The Thing.

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xilo diverts from his course a bit - a quick stop won't harm anything, and it may prevent rash decisions being made by panicked townsfolk that can't be taken back.
    Xilo can see a tall elf being pelted by rocks... Which suddenly stops as a Tall black clothed man steps into the street, a huge greatsword hanging off the side of his belt, and he effortlessly picks up the elf, who squeals in protest. You can see a symbol that is 4 triple linked rhombus shapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonomas321 View Post
    The scent of this ‘city’, filled with carrion and filth was more than simply eye-watering... it was completely and utterly nauseating for a being such as Ashi. Whilst death itself was a spectre she had long since walked alongside, normally the scent of death came only from one being, and only from those recently gone. The fresh and fertile forests, teeming with life it could almost overwhelm you was Ashi’s home... and the cold, dank caves of her childhood may not have been pleasant, yet there was clean and well-kept compared to this place! Ashi could not even understand how people could choose to live here. Surely striking out from such stench and into the wild was a better life than staying in this filth!?

    ... Regardless. Ashi had heard the rumours surrounding the asylum here and knew that to repay her debt she must try to stop monsters wherever they lay. Hence why she stayed silent and nodded in thanks to the guard who approached her, heading off to circle around the city, hopefully going upwind to it as she did so... sure, Ashi knew she could handle herself, but at the same time there was no need for her to seek out danger where it could be easily avoided.
    The scent becomes much less potent as you head away from the slums of the city and as you reach the afore mentioned gate another guard steps forward. "Ma'am, may I ask why you are visiting the pleasant city of Niarva?" He isn't trying to be hostile, just doing his job. He gives a sigh, and rubs his eyes, obviously bored, tired, and having no interest at his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    Astra always honored a contract this one was very well paying and wondered what the prey he had to hunt down this time was. He heard to bickering coming from the room of his employers but shrugged as it was no his concern as he was not hired to worry about bickering of old men and whatever issues they had he got every contract done and to him, that is all that matters to him. Astra would watch the old man that walked out h in a howl in protest and looked to another man slip into the shadows and shrug at that as it was not the first time in business it had happened. The creature would watch as an elder man that had ink-stained hands leave room and speak to him. The creature would nod and enter the room as he spoke when it was needed as it speeds up this part of the business. He would enter the chambers and took a spot and looked to the lords and sighed as the rank of these foolish old mortals did not mean anything to him and if they make contract he did what was needed to complete it and then it is all done there was nothing else to it.
    The Lords smile as Astra enters, "One moment please, the rest shall be here shortly." He gives a tight smile, obviously a bit nervous about the hulking creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    Clarence pulls his cloak tighter against his armor to try and ward away the chill. The letter he had received had troubled him enough to provoke this journey but the lack of details makes any solid move difficult. Nothing to be done about this situation, he thinks to himself, so first lets get into the city and out of this cold. With that thought in mind he heads into the city through the closest gate, wary but unsure of what is to follow.
    "Your purposes sir? Why is it you travel to Niarva?" The guard steps forward, one hand on his belt, not quite touching the sword's pommel, but giving him a hint that'd he better speak, and do so quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    The Elf sits for a minute, idly wondering which of his relatives had managed to offend a noble. At the moment, he would guess that either Adeak had stolen something from one of them or Sarandas's political posturing had annoyed one. It of course also occurred to him that this could easily be about something else entirely, though he would then have no idea what.

    While not particularly caring for their sensitivities, he thought he may as well not actively insult the nobility; and so he bothered to "dress" for the occasion. As such, his Vestment of Many Styles is currently in the shape of some fancier clothes, more akin to the current "high-class fashion" than anything he would normally wear (though he was at least grateful that blue shirts were "in" at the moment). He had even thought to repurpose some of the small gems he carried as spell components into some minor decorations, having the magical shirt weave itself around a few of them for the appearance of ruby buttons.

    That said; he had little patience for anything here that might require any effort, especially not for a waste like this. He paid some attention to what the idiots were arguing about for a while just in case, but had long since gotten up to stare at the artwork. He'll give it another minute or two...
    One of the Lords leans in towards you, "Don't worry, this has nothing to do with your family... This time." He leans away after offering a wink. He leans back, and it is obvious he's also bored. The man is a human in his late thirties, grizzled, one who must have worked his way to gain Nobility, not someone born to it. The other nobles are patiently waiting for "the others" to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    The attractive blonde ***** her head, before practically gliding over to the door, placing her ear over the wood of the door, she stops and considers.

    Ignoring the obvious question of how long he had known she was there. She was stealthy dammit. How the hell did a damn cleric see past his own nose long enough to see her. She decided to go with the safer question.

    Um... She said shrinking her fangs so that hopefully he didn't realize she was undead. What do they look like, and what did they say they wanted?
    A small chuckle is in the dwarf's voice "Ze gran ole lords o zis swell city ish teh see yeh." The sound of him shifting on the otherside of the door then walking off "I'll lev yeh teh yeh besness ten."
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    I look over a the man. A bit intrigued. Every town has beggars but not all are taken away like this. anyways it's not coins that they need. Then I look over at the guard. I a bit bother by guards ton by then I think how bored he musth be. Having to deal with tons of people everyday. I smile sofly replaying calmly and even some what warmly "Oh good morning sir. it's business. I was invited by the lockal merchant lords"
    "We're you? Do you have proof of travel, a letter of invitation? How do I know you aren't a spy? Huh?" YOu see another guard shaking his head and start heading over...
    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    And Nairva returns to darken my mood once more. Kynlee folds her wings as best she can under a heavy cloak. She reaches into her robe feeling her hidden tanto.
    Spoiler: sleight of hand
    Show
    [roll0]
    It was still there and easy to reach. She adjusts her Katana to hide it from the casual observer.

    Kynlee then makes her way down to the town to discus what she can with her mother about her uncles wear about. She never liked the asylum, but had once considered what it could do with more funding. In the end its reputation made her consider it a poor charity.
    As you approach the gate you see a cloaked man approached by a guard, who waves for you to wait while he deals with him. "I'll be with you in a moment lass."
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    I sing "well you are looking at dragon blooded Sadida centur, rather rare thing. I guess there is not such thing as too much security. I did holed on to inversion letter. " I place my back pack on the ground. I open it and start looking through all my stuff. Searching for this letter. I had placed with other papers. Pressed between two hard and flat things.
    Hi, I'm Greenflane or GF if you may. Here to play some games. My current passion project are two discord servers:


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Nina will leave the room, and start heading to the central part of the church avoiding windows all the awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Debatra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kaeda
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Debatra will give the man his full attention for a moment. "So then what is it about? I seriously doubt they brought me here for advice on trade routes."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?


    Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Kynlee waits patiently for the guard to finish with the cloaked man. She thinks back on how many years it has been since she last came to this town. Thinking back to her mother the answer seems to be too many. Thinking on the city and the poor souls inside it seemed to be too few. As she approached the guard and thought about her wanted status a nearly a decade ago, she thought hopefully enough.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Astra would just nod in response to the lord that is his employer and waiting was nothing for him plus he was getting paid so be it standing here waiting for others or hunting down his pray either was fine as he did not mind doing either. He would stretch a little the hulking creature would give them an intimidating smile as his sharp predator like teeth can be seen. he did not intentionally want to intimidate the lords but his size and many rows of razor sharp teeth might not help.

    Spoiler: my roll
    Show


    if it is needed intermediate roll

    (1d20+4)[11]

    Last edited by niw18; 2017-11-18 at 08:51 AM.


  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Clarence stands before the guard with a warm smile, not even bothering to react to his threatening posture. Hello! He says calmly, I am here to meet an old friend Bruzan Yjistledorne, although i am not sure where in town i will find him. He is a dwarf of many years, he continues to give a physical description of his friend, have you perchance seen him?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    I sing "well you are looking at dragon blooded Sadida centur, rather rare thing. I guess there is not such thing as too much security. I did holed on to inversion letter. " I place my back pack on the ground. I open it and start looking through all my stuff. Searching for this letter. I had placed with other papers. Pressed between two hard and flat things.
    The guard impatiently huffs, and then the other one who had shaken his head earlier arrives "Ygoutre, I'll deal with him." He turns back to the centaur, "Sorry about that, he was the victim o' an raid, ne'er did quite recover. May I see your letter sir?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Nina will leave the room, and start heading to the central part of the church avoiding windows all the awhile.
    There is an impatient tapping on the door "M'lady?" comes a different more pleasant voice. "The Lords of this fine city seek your company, and it may be of interest to you. Please, don't make us come in there after you, as the Lords wish to ke a deal, as they heard that you were rather skilled in... " He leaves off, "They heard that you were skilled in the art of break ins and want you to check their defenses."
    Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Debatra will give the man his full attention for a moment. "So then what is it about? I seriously doubt they brought me here for advice on trade routes."
    The man looks at the older one sitting, waiting. He leans in "From what I heard one of the lord's sons gone and disappeared... after he was locked in the asylum. Must be hard times for that place." He shrugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    Astra would just nod in response to the lord that is his employer and waiting was nothing for him plus he was getting paid so be it standing here waiting for others or hunting down his pray either was fine as he did not mind doing either. He would stretch a little the hulking creature would give them an intimidating smile as his sharp predator like teeth can be seen. he did not intentionally want to intimidate the lords but his size and many rows of razor sharp teeth might not help.

    Spoiler: my roll
    Show


    if it is needed intermediate roll

    [roll0]

    The noble gives a slight shudder then pointedly ignores you, impatiently tapping a beat with his fingers "The others must have been held up... I'll send some men to find them." With that he gestures to a few men, who slip out of the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    Clarence stands before the guard with a warm smile, not even bothering to react to his threatening posture. Hello! He says calmly, I am here to meet an old friend Bruzan Yjistledorne, although i am not sure where in town i will find him. He is a dwarf of many years, he continues to give a physical description of his friend, have you perchance seen him?
    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Kynlee waits patiently for the guard to finish with the cloaked man. She thinks back on how many years it has been since she last came to this town. Thinking back to her mother the answer seems to be too many. Thinking on the city and the poor souls inside it seemed to be too few. As she approached the guard and thought about her wanted status a nearly a decade ago, she thought hopefully enough.
    As Clarence is talking a familiar dwarf can be seen approaching. "Ah, es gud te see ye, 'ell me, ow as it been?" He gestures to the guard, a single wave of the hand telling him to go on, which gets a nod and the guard approaches Kynlee the dwarf makes another wave "she's with me." He offers a wink, and the guard shrugs then wanders back to he guard post. "Much easier for yuh te come ith me til we're out o' sight" He tells Kynlee with a smile, and then turns back to Clarence, wanting a traveling tale, and obviously not wanting to speak on the crowded streets, as who knows who's watching.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    "yes of course. Just excuse me for a moment, my bag is rather full" I search my bag. After a while I find that latter. I open it slightly showing just the part with lords stamps. "here it is" I smile
    Hi, I'm Greenflane or GF if you may. Here to play some games. My current passion project are two discord servers:


  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Kynlee smiles polity at the guard and follows the dwarf inside. Thank you kind sir, may I ask about the state of the town?
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ellowryn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Bruzan, my old friend! How are you? Clarance says as he gives the old dwarf a handshake and a pat on the back before following him down the street. Turning to the woman whom his friend also ushered past he the guard, Hello, my name is Clarance, and you are? He extends his hand for a handshake.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

    Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Nina chuckles eagerly.

    At this she takes a step and unlocks the door.

    The door is unlocked, feel free to come in at your pleasure. She called out still wary of the midday sun even if it wasn't as bad as it was for other vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    "yes of course. Just excuse me for a moment, my bag is rather full" I search my bag. After a while I find that latter. I open it slightly showing just the part with lords stamps. "here it is" I smile
    The guard smiles, "Thank you sir, that'll be all." Just follow this road straight down until you reach the Dragon Foam bar then take a left, the Chamber of Lords will be there. Will that be all you are needing?
    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Kynlee smiles polity at the guard and follows the dwarf inside. Thank you kind sir, may I ask about the state of the town?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    Bruzan, my old friend! How are you? Clarance says as he gives the old dwarf a handshake and a pat on the back before following him down the street. Turning to the woman whom his friend also ushered past he the guard, Hello, my name is Clarance, and you are? He extends his hand for a handshake.
    The Dwarf smiles at Kynlee, "Ur welcome young miiss, those guards can be rather annoying. He looks up at Clarence, "Eh, eev been fine." He shakes his head at the mention of the town. "Es no betteh ten it was a twelve years ago, ohr twente foe that matteh. An it seems teh only desent part es goin' down 'ill."He gestures to the church, then looks at Kynlee "Will ye be joinin' us?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Nina chuckles eagerly.

    At this she takes a step and unlocks the door.

    The door is unlocked, feel free to come in at your pleasure. She called out still wary of the midday sun even if it wasn't as bad as it was for other vampires.
    The door opens and a young well groomed man enters, motioning for the guards to wait outside. "Hello, I'm Zhon." He looks at her for a moment, "Well, we both have things we'd rather be doing so here it is; recently someone of importance has gone missing and we want you to get him back. I'm not at liberty to say more until I know whether or notyou will accept the job. He holds up a black parasol made of some thick material. "We won't have to waste time for night to fall." He stops to think then blushes, "I hope this doesn't feel to surreal, my father does a lot of div... He's well informed. So, will you accept the job?"
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Greenflame133's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    "yes, thank you sir" I smile before walking off. I follow his directions. I look around at he archture of the town.
    Spoiler: Spot check roll
    Show
    1d20+6
    Hi, I'm Greenflane or GF if you may. Here to play some games. My current passion project are two discord servers:


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Debatra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kaeda
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    The Elf leans back in his chair. "Well then depending on which it was, calling me in makes slightly more sense." He looks over to the idiots still chattering on. "Of course, I'm not sure how they could think that calling me in and then doing this could help."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?


    Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    The door opens and a young well groomed man enters, motioning for the guards to wait outside. "Hello, I'm Zhon." He looks at her for a moment, "Well, we both have things we'd rather be doing so here it is; recently someone of importance has gone missing and we want you to get him back. I'm not at liberty to say more until I know whether or notyou will accept the job. He holds up a black parasol made of some thick material. "We won't have to waste time for night to fall." He stops to think then blushes, "I hope this doesn't feel to surreal, my father does a lot of div... He's well informed. So, will you accept the job?"
    Eyes up here. Nina coughs, the well endowed vampiress deciding to mess with the young man for the lols.

    We don't have time? What is it already close to 48 hours? She asks squinting quizzically in the man as she reaches for the parasol.

    I accept the job, on the condition that you tell me more about how your father knew to scry for me. She remarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    redfeline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Kynlee gives a kurt answer. You may call me Kyn. She listens to the heavy accented dwarf. Sounds like I havn't missed much then. As the cleric gestures to the church. I would be delighted to take your hospitality. The family I have here can ill afford a guest.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    astra noticed the lords reaction and sighed as he noticed him ignore him then tap his finger. he watched as two others leave and do as the one lords requested and slip out of the room to see what holding up the others. he would just wait and tap his foot wanting to get this going so he starts search for the prey they want to be hunted down.


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hunting "Yonder."
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    "yes, thank you sir" I smile before walking off. I follow his directions. I look around at he archture of the town.
    Spoiler: Spot check roll
    Show
    1d20+6
    The City seems to be in a state of decay, buildings ranging from having been built last month to a few centuries in age. YOu come to a Inn with what appears to be a rabid snarling foaming red dragon. To the left you can see a grand keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    The Elf leans back in his chair. "Well then depending on which it was, calling me in makes slightly more sense." He looks over to the idiots still chattering on. "Of course, I'm not sure how they could think that calling me in and then doing this could help."
    The man shrugs "They chat all day, but when they get to acting they do get some things done. The problem is motivation."
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Eyes up here. Nina coughs, the well endowed vampiress deciding to mess with the young man for the lols.

    We don't have time? What is it already close to 48 hours? She asks squinting quizzically in the man as she reaches for the parasol.

    I accept the job, on the condition that you tell me more about how your father knew to scry for me. She remarks.
    Zhon smiles, "I have been told that it is the utmost importance you come at once. As to how my father knew? He's paranoid, and he caught you slipping into the city. He pretty much watches everything, except the church... Which has more to do with its construction then politeness. Anyhow, you may also want to put this on, as it gives you the power to pull on any magical abilities you may have... Otherwise people are less then friendly." He offers a Black dragon necklace, one hand pointing out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Kynlee gives a kurt answer. You may call me Kyn. She listens to the heavy accented dwarf. Sounds like I havn't missed much then. As the cleric gestures to the church. I would be delighted to take your hospitality. The family I have here can ill afford a guest.
    He ushers you and Clarence in, and once inside his accent suddenly drops off "Sorry if I was adrupt out there, but who knows with the paranoia running ramapnt who's watching. So you have family here young miss?"

    ((Partially dropped the accent b/c typing it was killing me ))
    Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    astra noticed the lords reaction and sighed as he noticed him ignore him then tap his finger. he watched as two others leave and do as the one lords requested and slip out of the room to see what holding up the others. he would just wait and tap his foot wanting to get this going so he starts search for the prey they want to be hunted down.
    As you leave you hear what seems to be a mob following a tall man, a deathly pale elf slung over his shoulder. The mob seems intent on the "burning" of witches and other similar things.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Extended Signature

    Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Debatra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kaeda
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    "Motivation, eh?" He stands from his seat and does a small stretch. "Let's see about that then." He slowly walk over to the jabbering men, keeping his arms folded behind his back and muttering under his breath.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten for 32 on Sleight of Hand to cast unnoticed.

    Casting Hypnotism centered on the group, Will 19 negates. If I roll poorly enough to only affect one creature, it takes a -2 to its save.

    (2d4)[6] HD of creatures affected.
    Spell will last (2d4)[2] rounds.


    "Gentlemen, while I understand the importance of economics, I was called here for a specific reason and I was lead to believe it was urgent. I would greatly appreciate if we could get to business."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?


    Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

    Nina holds up her own necklace, placing it forward for the boy to see.

    Kinda already have a necklace. She points out. And it's not like I look like a creature people would be less then friendly to.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense motive. Can I trust this man. (1d20+19)[29]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •