New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

I walk through the city. Odd that merchant's live in place that looks more like a slums then rich districts. That's an red flag. I walk up to the guard. I try hiding my worries. "hello sir. I'm Eric the cleric.
    I have been invited herer
    " I get ready to reach for a litter if he asks.
    Spoiler: rolls to hide my worries
    Show

Bluff: (1d20+4)[19]
    Diplomatic: (1d20+13)[15]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Xilo can see a tall elf being pelted by rocks... Which suddenly stops as a Tall black clothed man steps into the street, a huge greatsword hanging off the side of his belt, and he effortlessly picks up the elf, who squeals in protest. You can see a symbol that is 4 triple linked rhombus shapes.
    Xilo gives a slight sigh of relief that the problem is well in hand, and makes his way to the meeting without further delay.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

My mother calls this place home, I also have an uncle here. I can't say I've ever been very close to him but he has been placed in the asylum, I am here to negotiate his release. Kynlee neglects to mention how this was once her home.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

astra noticed the tall man and moves to watch the man in case he is prey he had to hunt down and get rid of him. he watched as it seemed he would not need to go out of town to find his next meal after all. He would look to the pal elf and wonder why they the mob were doing what they were doing as if the man that was leading this mob was a target then this becomes an interest that was for sure.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

While Bruzen and Kynlee discuss the woman's family history Clarence takes the time to take a look around the church which according his friend has seen better days. Its is always sad to see a place that once brought comfort and light to people fall into disrepair, perhaps after this issue that the dwarf had wrote about is finished he will take the time to try and bring the place back to its former glory.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    "Motivation, eh?" He stands from his seat and does a small stretch. "Let's see about that then." He slowly walk over to the jabbering men, keeping his arms folded behind his back and muttering under his breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten for 32 on Sleight of Hand to cast unnoticed.

Casting Hypnotism centered on the group, Will 19 negates. If I roll poorly enough to only affect one creature, it takes a -2 to its save.

[roll0] HD of creatures affected.
    Spell will last [roll1] rounds.

"Gentlemen, while I understand the importance of economics, I was called here for a specific reason and I was lead to believe it was urgent. I would greatly appreciate if we could get to business."
    It seems the spell largely has no effect, although the servants i the room seem to be watching with awe. ((Apparently these merchant lords are a bit more then they seem )) "We're sorry for keeping you waiting, however it seems that one or two of you have been delayed. Please, give us a minute to sort everything out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Nina holds up her own necklace, placing it forward for the boy to see.

Kinda already have a necklace. She points out. And it's not like I look like a creature people would be less then friendly to.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense motive. Can I trust this man. [roll0]
    Zhon seems trustworthy, in fact the man seems incapable of lying. He's telling you the truth now at least. You get the impression that he won't be the one to inherit the "lord" title, he can't lie. "You may have a necklace, but the empire has some strict laws regarding magic, and unless you have one of these you may very well find yourself at the stake. Like that poor fellow [another gesture to the window]. Having this keeps you from having to worry... Of course that assumes you can use magic... My father hinted you may be able to, but if you can;t you have no need of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    I walk through the city. Odd that merchant's live in place that looks more like a slums then rich districts. That's an red flag. I walk up to the guard. I try hiding my worries. "hello sir. I'm Eric the cleric.
    I have been invited herer
    " I get ready to reach for a litter if he asks.
    Spoiler: rolls to hide my worries
    Show

Bluff: [roll0]
    Diplomatic: [roll1]
    The guard sighs, "They're inside, you might want to hurry as they are getting pretty impatient."
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xilo gives a slight sigh of relief that the problem is well in hand, and makes his way to the meeting without further delay.
    ((Hmm, in hand hahaha, yes, totally in hand)). As you get to the Chamber of Lords the guard smiles "Ah, I assume you're one of those meeting the Lords? Please, head inside."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    While Bruzen and Kynlee discuss the woman's family history Clarence takes the time to take a look around the church which according his friend has seen better days. Its is always sad to see a place that once brought comfort and light to people fall into disrepair, perhaps after this issue that the dwarf had wrote about is finished he will take the time to try and bring the place back to its former glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    My mother calls this place home, I also have an uncle here. I can't say I've ever been very close to him but he has been placed in the asylum, I am here to negotiate his release. Kynlee neglects to mention how this was once her home.
    "The asylum? Well, I actually want to talk to both of you about that." He pulls out some random things, and goes and shutters the window. "The Lords intend on sending a small party to investigate it and I'd like you to join them... If necessary I can make it worth your time..."
    Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    astra noticed the tall man and moves to watch the man in case he is prey he had to hunt down and get rid of him. he watched as it seemed he would not need to go out of town to find his next meal after all. He would look to the pal elf and wonder why they the mob were doing what they were doing as if the man that was leading this mob was a target then this becomes an interest that was for sure.
    The man leading it is a representative of the Emperor, so messing with him may not be the best of ideas, although you see two of the people the lords were waiting for approach the building, where the guards usher them inside.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

I will be heading there any ways to secure the release of my uncle. Joining your group would give me more authority to do so. As for payment, I will happily take what is offered and give it to those in need of it. Kynlee smiles warmly. Although may I ask why you need to investigate the asylum.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

Very well. Plus the pun amused her. Nina reaches forward and takes the necklace.

How does it look? She asks as she puts it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I walk in saying nothing back. This guard definitely thinks too highly about the merchants lords. Normally I wouldn't even bother with their meeting

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Having been given an actual reason to wait as opposed to "these idiots got sidetracked", Debatra will resume admiring the art and architecture.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

he noticed the clothing he had done some business for the emperor and sighed a little but shrugged and looked as guards ushed in people towards the room he was in and decided return to it to see what is going on. Astra would walk towards the guard and people and head into the room once again as maybe a little more information might be needed.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I will be heading there any ways to secure the release of my uncle. Joining your group would give me more authority to do so. As for payment, I will happily take what is offered and give it to those in need of it. Kynlee smiles warmly. Although may I ask why you need to investigate the asylum.
    "Pesky Rumors, I just want a simple checking up really." He turns to Clarence, "Would you be willing to join them? I ask now, because it seems that they might have some... Unsavory folk that you'll have to work with..."
    Very well. Plus the pun amused her. Nina reaches forward and takes the necklace.

How does it look? She asks as she puts it on.
    "Smashing, now, if you are ready we can go?" Zhon offers a hand... It seems he's a rather old fashioned gentleman after all ((Think of him as the honorable gentle man, possibly one of a kind in his family )).
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    I walk in saying nothing back. This guard definitely thinks too highly about the merchants lords. Normally I wouldn't even bother with their meeting
    As you enter one of the lords smiles, "See, there's one now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Having been given an actual reason to wait as opposed to "these idiots got sidetracked", Debatra will resume admiring the art and architecture.
    The young man you had been chuckles a tad, but stops when one of the nobles glares, his face reddening slightly as he glances out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    he noticed the clothing he had done some business for the emperor and sighed a little but shrugged and looked as guards ushed in people towards the room he was in and decided return to it to see what is going on. Astra would walk towards the guard and people and head into the room once again as maybe a little more information might be needed.
    The Lord smiles at you, "Ah, please stay for a moment, I expect our last member ((Assuming Xilo entered)) will be here shortly.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

13. - Top - End - #43

Nina goes forward ignoring the man's hand. I'm fine, thanks.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

You whet my appetite for knowledge. What exactly are these rumors, if they bare weight and merit than yes I can work with any one and often have. It also depends on what you mean by unsavory, if you mean a mass murder who tortures and kills for fun, and the rumors are of say tax fraud, I think it would be best to side with the asylum as the lesser of two evils. She knits her hands together and looks at her host. In general however you know I have business there already, so I am inclined to say yes. So what are the rumors, how unsavory are these other people, and what kind of charitable donation are you willing to make for my involvement?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

You know me old friend, i would never turn down your request to help others. Clarence shrugs, And lets be honest, this is not the first time you have sent me out with a group that people might find to be different. So, an asylum this time? Turning to Kynlee, I am honored to be working with you on this, although lets hope this is nothing more than a few misunderstandings.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Church

You whet my appetite for knowledge. What exactly are these rumors, if they bare weight and merit than yes I can work with any one and often have. It also depends on what you mean by unsavory, if you mean a mass murder who tortures and kills for fun, and the rumors are of say tax fraud, I think it would be best to side with the asylum as the lesser of two evils. She knits her hands together and looks at her host. In general however you know I have business there already, so I am inclined to say yes. So what are the rumors, how unsavory are these other people, and what kind of charitable donation are you willing to make for my involvement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    You know me old friend, i would never turn down your request to help others. Clarence shrugs, And lets be honest, this is not the first time you have sent me out with a group that people might find to be different. So, an asylum this time? Turning to Kynlee, I am honored to be working with you on this, although lets hope this is nothing more than a few misunderstandings.
    The dwarf smiles at Clarence, "Thank you for your assistance." His face darkens at the mention of the rumors. "Well, I got along fine with the man who ran the asylum previously, however... Now his assistant seems to have taken control. The common folk speak of drow slavers, although I doubt it, as they would have to break past Ironguard Forge ((a massive dwarven citadel/settlement; extending underground and controlling a decent portion of the Underdark.)) to get here, and the rumors happened after the assistant took charge..." The dwarf looks up, as the sound of the floor can be heard creaking overhead. "Can we discuss payment later? The group you'll want to join is leaving now." He holds out two small envelopes, give these to the young man you'll meet on the stair."

Nina goes forward ignoring the man's hand. I'm fine, thanks.
    "Very well then." he gestures at the guards, and all but one leave. The battle scars and his short cropped black and white hair mark him as a veteran of many battles. He nods at her, his eyes scanning her, not a lustful gaze, but the gaze of someone noting how to kill another as efficiently as possible. It seems that the good tempered youth is provided with protection. He gestures to the stairs, "After you." His voice is cold and dead, bereft of any emotion.

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

I walk in with all my scales, banner and wepponds. I frown seeing them talk. "Yes, here I am. It's better be nothingless then you described to be"

18. - Top - End - #48

Default Re: Church

="Very well then." he gestures at the guards, and all but one leave. The battle scars and his short cropped black and white hair mark him as a veteran of many battles. He nods at her, his eyes scanning her, not a lustful gaze, but the gaze of someone noting how to kill another as efficiently as possible. It seems that the good tempered youth is provided with protection. He gestures to the stairs, "After you." His voice is cold and dead, bereft of any emotion.
    Nina starts moving heading towards the meeting spot.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Kynlee takes the envelop and tucks it into a fold of her outfit. I've never been contracted for an unknown amount before but stopping slavery is reward enough for the time being. How ever I will be asking for a kind donation upon my return. At that she sets out to meet this "man at the stairs", waiting a moment at the door for her companion.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2017-11-28 at 11:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, He also takes an envelope, well, its best not to keep our new friends waiting. And with that Clarence walks after his new companion.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Church

It seems that the dwarf sent you just in time, as you get to the staircase you run into a young man. "Oh, my apologies, I must not have seen you." With him is a tall soldierly type, and Nina.

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Kynlee raises an eyebrow ever so slightly, a vampire. Was this the unsavory mentioned? Well at least the vampire in question was one Kynlee had already met. Nina, I have not seen you for some time. I have been practicing that restraint and discretion we talked about. So far it has served me well enough.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

No problem my good man, Clarence takes the letter he was handed, i believe we were supposed to hand this to you? After presenting the letter he greets the other next to the man on the stairs.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default The Church

The man takes the letter, skims through it then looks up, "Alright, I trust him, so I'll take your word on it. I imagine she..." A gesture to Kynlee, "...is also with you and has a letter of recommendation as well?"

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Kynlee hands over the letter with a soft smile. I like to believe so. Will you be taking us to the asylum?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Church

The man sighs, "First we need to go talk with the lords who'll be funding you... Come along then." He heads off in the direction of the house of lords. The guards there don't make any move to stop you all, and you enter. "This is where I leave you." With that h bows out of the room, leaving all of yo there. The older man stands up, "Well, look around, this is who you'll be working with." He gives them a minute or two to meet each other.

((I have to say I was slightly surprised that no one tried to save the "witch"... not even the saints ))

Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

((Hmm, in hand hahaha, yes, totally in hand)). As you get to the Chamber of Lords the guard smiles "Ah, I assume you're one of those meeting the Lords? Please, head inside."
    Xilo enters and takes a seat, listening patiently all the while.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #58

Greetings. The blonde arisocrat seeming woman curtsies. My name is Nina, and I have power over music.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

You may call me Kynlee, I have a sharp blade. Kynlee smiles politely and secretly hopes her wings are not relieved, and that they don't dig to far into her past.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Clarence, he gives a bow, and i have the pleasure of working with you all to uncover what is going wrong with this city. As for my talents, while i am probably not a good with my morningstar as this young woman is with her knife, i do excel at the magical arts of protection and healing.