New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2023-01-07 at 11:15 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Livewire Bow [3.5 magic bow](not sure on pricing or requirements)

While not actually a legal build, it starts off with 2 versions of the shocking property. Equivalent of a +2 bonus
    I ignore that rule in my games, but it is there.
    The power attack bonus could be a simple +2000gp addition, it changes things some but is not major.

If the target is further than one range increment away or the wielder could make a point blank shot against the target (they must have the point blank shot feat), all electricity damage dealt by this bow ignores immunity and resistance to electricity.
    This just seems weird. Why is it point blank and beyond one range increment? One or the other I could explain. Point Blank is because the excess energy dissipates over distance, while beyond one range increment the attack builds up power over the distance. But both???
    I don't know how to price this one either.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Livewire Bow [3.5 magic bow](not sure on pricing or requirements)

Quote Originally Posted by lightningcat View Post
    While not actually a legal build, it starts off with 2 versions of the shocking property. Equivalent of a +2 bonus
    I ignore that rule in my games, but it is there.
    The power attack bonus could be a simple +2000gp addition, it changes things some but is not major.

This just seems weird. Why is it point blank and beyond one range increment? One or the other I could explain. Point Blank is because the excess energy dissipates over distance, while beyond one range increment the attack builds up power over the distance. But both???
    I don't know how to price this one either.
    I thought it would be cool. It could be justified that the blue limb of the bow works for short range with the energy dissipating over distance and the yellow limb of the bow works the other way you mentioned.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.