Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 81 of 81

Thread: A Fox in Need

  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Valerin looks to his comrades-in-arms, and says, "Logain, I know how much you love being the center of attention... perhaps you'd care to do so again? Maybe with a loud, boisterous song, one filled with ribaldry and maybe some harmless innuendo? Or you could always just pretend that you've been too deep in your cups and make a scene that way." He looks at Rhill and, smiling, says, "Who knows, maybe you could then come over and play his spurned lover? I'm sure between the two of you, you could draw some attention. As for myself, I think that there's a chance I could work that lock..."

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Logain smiles broadly, knowing just what to do. Acting Drunk and jumping up on the gambling table, Logain starts to dance suggestively and sing the equivalent of "moves like Jagger" to the Dwarven woman he was wooing earlier. He attempts to pull her up on the table with her turning the whole seen into a magic mike situation.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    ooc

    (While the crowd is distracted, tries to get into what he suspects is a cell without being observed)

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    While the crowd turns to look at the noise going on in the center of the room, Valerin turns back towards the door, looking for any locks that need opening...

    (Ooc: Hm while 1d200 would be fun, let's try that again ...)

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by LnGrrrR; 2017-11-22 at 02:16 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    (1d20+2)[9]

    If I can use thieves tools subtly, then I will use those (add 2 to the roll for proficiency).
    Last edited by LnGrrrR; 2017-11-22 at 09:04 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Rhill feels she should act as a lookout for Valerin, and intercept anyone who may glance his direction. Sadly she's never been the most perceptive of folk, she pats him on the shoulder as she walks past him "You got this" and moves towards Logain, intent on increasing the amount of distraction he's causing.

    D6 Inspiration dice for Valerin

    She storms up dramatically to Logain her face a mask of rage "What d'ya think your doin' with that slattern. Ye can't tell me you forgot our engagement already, you muck swilling grunter."
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2017-11-22 at 08:23 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Logain looks genuinely shocked for a moment as Rhill comes up, and then uses that to his advantage.

    "Its just a bit of fun and sport my love. Entertainment for the masses. I swear darling, I do! Though she is lovely, it is just entertainment. Nothing compared to you. Join us please. I am sure the fair people would love to see you up here as well."

    Logain does not know how Rhill will react, but "romantic Blow-up" or "Visual stimulation" for the masses will surely be a strong enough distraction for their roguish friend.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    "Entertainment!!! And would it still be entertainment as I find ye hammering on her forge later?" Rhill climbs up near Logain, in a slightly clumsy fashion as if at least a little tipsy, ensuring she 'accidentally' flashes a goodly amount of leg as she does so, before standing up close to him "You used to speak so sweetly to me, but I guess it was all just lies." her anger starts to fade and she looks close to tears.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Logain stares at her, genuinely dumbfounded at how well Rhill role played the situation. Looking to the dwarf, then back to Rhill, then back to the Dwarf.

    Then with an infuriatingly childish smirk (Han Solo like grin), Logain looks back to Rhill, "Hammering her Forge?" he whispers at her.

    Then dropping the grin, he says Your hearth is the only place for me. Flirting is flirting, and you knew my job as an entertainer required a little of this. If you cant handle that, maybe this will not work out after all..."

    Then Logain leans forward and pretends to sniff her breath Are you drunk again?

    While he is close to her face, he winks at her and tries to encourage a slap.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Spoiler: I'm going to assume...
    Show
    That my first roll failed. [roll]1d20+2 [/roll]


    Valerin curses under his breath. He looks over towards the guards, who are keeping at least one eye on the ongoing fracas, determining whether they need to intervene or not. Valerin decides to take a chance, and attempts to pick the lock one more time. And if this doesn't work, he thinks to himself, we'll I guess I can just run upstairs and start trying to open every door...

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Spoiler: OOC: I hate mobile phones
    Show
    [roll0]Let's try this one more time, no pun intended. Also, rolled a natural 20 on the skill check.


    Valerin hears a soft "click" and the lock pops open. Smiling a grin that he hasn't quite deserved, Valerin takes a quick look around him to see if anyone's looking, then enters the room as subtly as he can.
    Last edited by LnGrrrR; 2017-11-22 at 03:18 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Rhill's eyebrows flick up momentarily in a mildly suggestive manner as Logain leans in close... "Drunk?!? How dare you!" Rhill almost screams and slaps Logain across the face, loud enough to make a satisfying noise, but not really enough to hurt him (much anyway). She takes the opportunity to cast her eyes around and see how her companions are doing... looks like a little longer yet.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Logain holds a hand to his cheek, fully invested in there joint proformance.

    dare I? I would not have to work such jobs as these if you did not spend all of our money on wine! My love for you seems to only enable you further. My love, please let me help you. I ask you this 1 last time. Otherwise...

    Logain begins to pull off one of his many rings on his fingers and hold it out to Rhill

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Rhill's breath catches in her throat her hand touched to her chest in a gesture of shock. "Burn you, ye're a liar and braggart, but you light a fire in me that I cannot deny." she snatches the ring from Logain as if afraid he'll reconsider and slips it onto her own finger.
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2017-11-23 at 09:08 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Before the show started, Rhill spotted no movers and shakers.

    In seconds, the attendants face has raced through shock, embarrassment, outrage, and has settled on world wearyness. "Jeffrey. Clean up this mess." A pinion hatted lizardman strolls up and reaches out a clawed hand towards Rhill's shoulder.

    With the guffaws of the crowd in the background, Drake peers through the hole. Torchlight streams through to a small passage, containing a small platform with a chair facing the slit.

    Masked by the screaming, Valerin quietly slips to the door while the guards chuckle, fiddling with the lock from just behind the corner. Clunk. Sweet success. He hastily enters and is confronted with a rack of enormous meat hooks in a dimly lit cellar. Behind you you start to hear curious clucking.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    ooc

    (Trying hard not to be distracted by the performance himself, he tries to see a way into the passageway without being observed)

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Valerin looks at the meat hooks, and decides the best course of action is to hide, and quick. "I'd hate to be caught hanging around here," he thinks to himself.

    (1d20+6)[21] Maybe I can hide over in that corner...

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr.Orpheus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Deanimating the dead.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Edwin double takes at the sight of a lizardman, but realizes that this strange being trying to end his allies performance means the guards can keep their post and nobody can help Valerin (or at least not someone in chaimail). Edwin instead heads over to Drake and helps him search.

    Spoiler: Investigation
    Show
    (1d20+1)[4]
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2017-11-23 at 12:14 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2017

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Logain sees the lizards claw heading for Rhill, and grabs her hand, pulling her to him to get her away from the lizard man. He plants a passionate kiss on her, before pulling her off the table with him in the other direction.

    Come my love, let's find a quite place to... talk.

    Logain pulls her off into the crowd away from the lizard men.

    Spoiler: Rhill
    Show
    Supposing you let Logain do this. If not, retcon explain your reaction

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Rhill tenses for a fraction of second as Logain pulls her into a kiss, before relaxing and following his lead, letting a small shriek as he pulls her away.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: A Fox in Need

    Settling himself into the corner, Valerin looks around, wondering if he's been spotted. Not seeing anyone, he shuts his eyes for a moment, breathing in and holding his breath for a count of 3. He then lets it out slowly, opening his eyes and taking in the scene around him.

    (1d20)[13] Perception

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •