New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1238
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [OOC 2] - What? OOC is evolving!

It's cool, I'll just have her have one and let the scholars debate over the details.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Was wondering how it worked in the series, so took a quick look at the wiki, apparently Pokéballs and Pokédexes are able to communicate with one another. I imagine it's as simple as just tapping. ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w....A9dex_entries )

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

3. - Top - End - #1113

That works!

Also, Leah will probably just...have knowledge of how to handle a Grass Pokemon that can use Poison, since Bulbasaur is both types. (Not that Shroomish is Poison Type, so it's a weird thing for the Pokedex to focus on.)

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

It has poison, but it's not Poison poison. Because, uh, those are different! Shroomish is a strange Pokemon.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

Aiming to get a post later today, apologies for the inactivity, life is hectic atm

Show

6. - Top - End - #1116

No problem at all. Hope things become calmer!

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Take care of yourself!

8. - Top - End - #1118

How do I describe a Pokemon miming the concept of scavenging/food theft?

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    How do I describe a Pokemon miming the concept of scavenging/food theft?
    Literally steal the berries from Leah?

Show

10. - Top - End - #1120

Guys help I forgot what you wanted to do next.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been a while so I honestly don't remember! Seems like a good opportunity to discuss directions, though? For Leah, I think for stuff around town she'd be wanting to get back into Sass's good graces (though the how of that I'm unsure on currently), and she'd be wanting to make sure Juno's in a happier spot and getting on ok with her new pokémon (though that'd involve coming back to her after a little while given we've just had the scene with her now). More long term, she'd also want to travel both to Alyssa's home town and to introduce Alyssa to her Dad in Whitebeam(?). So if you guys feel like we've gotten as much as we're going to from the current town, I'm ok moving onward.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1122

We could do a scene with getting back into Sass' good graces, then get ready to leave town, perhaps include Juno in that? I don't know if there's anything Alyssa still needs to do, aside from her therapy, which we could perhaps continue with directions for her to visit home with another therapist (Did I call them that?) there so that arc can continue?

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Shorter term, yeah I think we were gonna do something involving Sass, and I think there was some discussion of the direction between Alyssa and Utha, but mostly Alyssa was going to be doing therapy in town for now. Oh and she was making clothes with Nika? That probably wouldn't be too much to say "and then they did that" but that was a thing that was happening at some point. But if we want to get things moving elsewhere, directing Alyssa to go somewhere else to further her therapy would certainly be a good way to push her in a direction.

Longer term, Alyssa did want to go back home, and presumably meet Leah's dad at some point, and then I'm not really sure. She still has her longer-term goal of cataloging Pokemon moves, and she still has a longer-longer term goal of eventually patching things up with her brother (which will probably result out of the "going home for further therapy" thing) and also she still wants to have, like, an actual date with Leah? And also help Leah with her situation. Also she has an egg that will probably want to get hatched at some point.

Longest term they could maybe also figure out what was happening with Lord Bastille? I dunno if there was a wider plot going there that we wanted to circle back to or not. I mean also Alyssa meeting Cresselia at some point but I imagine we're not really close to that in her arc and she has no real knowledge or understanding of how relevant that might be for her.

If we wanted something to delve into in the plit, maybe there could be something about expanding on the relationship between Alyssa and Maggie. I'm fine with her catching Maggie or not, but we could certainly develop their relationship more if we wanted.

Also sorry I disappeared for a bit, been busy with life stuff and on-and-off health wise for the past week or so.

14. - Top - End - #1124

You...will have to remind me about the egg and how that happened, because it has completely slipped out of my memory. Popped right out.

Utha is mostly present as a kind of pseudo-antagonist thing with her crush on Alyssa, but that hasn't come up very much, I think mostly because she's polite and also hasn't really shared a scene with Leah? There's probably some way we can wrangle it to have a scene that tackles Leah and Alyssa, Nika and her girlfriend, and Utha's crush on Alyssa (Even if it's not directly addressed), and solve Leah's problem with Sass, since that was, IIRC, all about Sass being annoyed about Nika being distracted, then lashing out at Leah along the same lines?

We can do the date with Alyssa and Leah, but I don't necessarily know how I'd contribute to that. I think they'd have a couple of almost-dates, they just got interrupted (Like with Rana!), and I'd be contributing nothing while they held hands and made eyes at each other. d:

The Lord Bastille thing is something I've mostly let drop, as we've moved towards more of a slice of life vibe. There was a bigger plot there and I could try to include more of it, but it seems like something that'd happen more in the background now, 'cause the girls have got their own, more personal goals to deal with.

If you have any ideas for how to develop Maggie and Alyssa, I'm open to it! It's just that for now, Maggie's quite happy spending time with the girls and being independent, even though she doesn't really act on that independence. I feel like it would probably be a sidequest focusing on some goal of hers. I feel like evolution is an obvious Pokemon-focused quest, but I feel like the vibe with the girls might change if Maggie is as tall as both of them. "Me, my girlfriend, and her 5'0 tall Gothitelle"

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

Utha is mostly present as a kind of pseudo-antagonist thing with her crush on Alyssa, but that hasn't come up very much, I think mostly because she's polite and also hasn't really shared a scene with Leah? There's probably some way we can wrangle it to have a scene that tackles Leah and Alyssa, Nika and her girlfriend, and Utha's crush on Alyssa (Even if it's not directly addressed), and solve Leah's problem with Sass, since that was, IIRC, all about Sass being annoyed about Nika being distracted, then lashing out at Leah along the same lines?
    I'm happy to go with something like this, might be a bit contrived to have it all happen simultaneously, but I could see events cascading into one another.

We can do the date with Alyssa and Leah, but I don't necessarily know how I'd contribute to that. I think they'd have a couple of almost-dates, they just got interrupted (Like with Rana!), and I'd be contributing nothing while they held hands and made eyes at each other. d:
    I have to admit that, for the time being, I'm not that fussed about trying to do another Alyssa/Leah date scene. I'm not sure there's enough new ground to cover for one to happen just yet. It could potentially be a thing for later on when there's been more personal development for either/both of them. At least for now, though, I'm happy to wait for a more natural moment.

The Lord Bastille thing is something I've mostly let drop, as we've moved towards more of a slice of life vibe. There was a bigger plot there and I could try to include more of it, but it seems like something that'd happen more in the background now, 'cause the girls have got their own, more personal goals to deal with.
    Agreed on this, too, the game has moved to be pretty slice-of-lifey (which is fine). I can see more minor events circling back in to have an impact potentially? Maybe another run in with the bandits outside town, but as with the date scene, I don't know that it'd be breaking enough new ground to warrant being a thing to happen..?

Show

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa got a Smeargle egg in this town. I think it was this town? Not really sure it's right time for that to hatch but eventually probably it should.

I do think the whole issue with Sass should probably get resolved before we finish up in this town. Sass was gonna borrow Maggie to fight the gym leader here if I remember right, so maybe we can force it that way? We have reason to meet up with Nika again since I think Alyssa left all the clothes they were painting at her place, so could do that too.

I'm not really sure what specifically to do for Maggie and Alyssa, was just something I thought of maybe. It might just play into Alyssa's desire to actually get better at battling and her growing protective nature?

I think waiting on the date is fine! Alyssa could certainly use more therapy and personal development before we do another one. It's not, like, a required on-screen thing right now, but it was something I was thinking of.

I don't think resolving the Lord Bastille thing is required either, I like the current way things are going! Was just something I remembered happening if we wanted to expand on it.

17. - Top - End - #1127

Sass borrowing Maggie does seem like a good way to get those three, at least, together. If Alyssa wanted to help Leah get into Sass' good books, she could invite Utha, a Knight prospect, to give her advice, etc. That's a way to get most of them in the scene together, though it feels like something Alyssa ought to suggest IC?

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps introducing Utha and Sass to one another would be a good way to help in developing both of those characters? Maybe move Sass along and maybe build up some subtle conflict between Utha and Leah there? Though from an IC perspective, I think Alyssa probably thinks Sass wants nothing to do with her, or would maybe not want to approach her given the tentative relationship between her and Leah.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2022-08-22 at 08:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Hmm. Well, how about I have Utha be near Alyssa and Leah's inn when they get back? Then Utha can suggest it if it comes up. I'll make it the next post if y'all think it's a good idea.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2022-08-23 at 11:41 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

That'd work for me!

Show

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like a good idea to me!

22. - Top - End - #1132

A friend of mine drew a little picture of Leah and Alyssa. Link.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

That is incredibly sweet

Show

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

I know I said it already yesterday, but I think it bares repeating, it really is a sweet drawing. I feel kinda flattered that your friend drew it, could you pass my thanks on to them?

Show

25. - Top - End - #1135

I told them you thought it was sweet already and they said you're welcome.

26. - Top - End - #1136

I realized overnight my last post probably sounded rude and dismissive. << I told them the first time, and then passed on your thanks when you asked.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

I realized overnight my last post probably sounded rude and dismissive. << I told them the first time, and then passed on your thanks when you asked.
    XD

I didn't take it that way, don't worry! I appreciate you passing the thanks on

Show

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

A friend of mine drew a little picture of Leah and Alyssa. Link.
    Omg that's so cute and wonderful! Very lovely!

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah's feeling like the conversation is passing her by here (which is fine OoC, btw. That isn't a complaint. Alyssa/Utha don't need to try and pull her back into it). I imagine Utha's far more interested in Alyssa than she is in Leah after all

On an unrelated note, today marks 7 years to the day since the game began. Speaking personally, a lot has happened in those seven years. I completed my Masters degree, lost my Dad and two Grandparents, got into a relationship with my best friend, moved out of my childhood house, endured lockdowns during Covid, moved to Scotland, and started a brand new job as a bookseller.

Through that time I just want to say that this game has been a great source of stability, particularly through the low periods, and I'm glad to still be continuing with it. It's been a pleasure to be a part of this game and I have enjoyed going through it with the both of you.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1140

She indeed is, but! She's likely to try to include Leah regardless for the sake of manners; she's a very polite homewrecker. Also, in response to something IC, Utha isn't actually a Knight. I know recently I mentioned her being a would-be Knight, but I went and checked to refresh my characterization of her and she's actually a would-be mercenary.

I don't think I can match what a sweet message that was, but it does make me happy to read and so does continuing with this game. It's the only real PbP I do now and I'm thankful for both of you sticking around so long. (Also, bookselling seems like a fun job.)