New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

"What? No no no," Mossy quickly assured, showing Esoteric her Harmony Fleet pin. She wondered why this Pony was worried about a mob. Perhaps there were more issues in Deliverance than tensions with their host kingdom. "My crew and I were called here to act as mediators. We hope to sort out the tensions between Deliverance and the Kingdom of Honesty. To that end, I'd like to talk to you about what has been going on."

Mossy then turned to the corn salespony.

"When I'm done with Eso, I'll come get something for the little one," she said with a smile.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-06-02 at 09:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

'We are from the Harmony Fleet! We came to help you!' Roxan has explained with a smile, filled with sharp teeth
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Rocket, Nessy, Roxan
    Show

Well, more specifically, we're from the Harmony Fleet, and we're here to help. There were a lot of things Evanescent wanted to say, but couldn't. Mostly variations of telling them to go home though in ways more rude, than the last.

We understand you have had...difficulties with the locals...?

He shrugs. That's putting it mildly. The Honest Court sent us to keep the peace, to keep security. Make sure there aren't any bugs who decided to tag along with the refugees. He answered. We try to keep the peace, but every time there's a theft or assault, the refugees block US from doing anything about it. Half the time, we're called on to stop agents of the great Honest Court who are just trying to do their jobs!

Evanescent mutters something to herself.
    Spoiler: Mind check to listen, DC 2
    Show
    I bet their 'jobs' were criminal.

What was that?

Oh, I was just wondering what those jobs were.

Inspectors, tax collectors, the usual. Sometimes other Guards. He sighs.

Look, we get it. Kindness ponies have problems with...authority figures. But they have to realize we're here to help. We can't force it on them, but...we can at least show it. I was actually thinking about this the other day, and...actually yeah, you three would be perfect! A smile forms on his muzzle.

I need to get the morale of my ponies up, and the Kindnessians should realize they can count on us to help. Maybe if you could find problems for them to solve, it'd be a good start to improving relations.

Nessy scratches her chin in thought. That's not a bad idea, actually. Any idea where to start?

Well we were supposed to get some medical supplies for the guards, two days ago. They never arrived. It's largely for us, but it'll help improve morale, knowing our clinics are well-stocked. Look around at some of the local clinics, I think they may have received it by accident. Or possibly stole it?

Spoiler: Mossy, Dawn
    Show

The salespony beams with pride at Mossy's promise.

Well what do you want to know. Eso asked. The mob is charging us some ridiculous extortion fees in exchange for 'protection.' Protecting us from what? Changelings? He said rather flatly. Just a week ago, we found a trio of changelings. It wasn't Honestian magic or genius that figured it out, it was one of us.

What do the Honestians offer us? They were more than happy to leave us alone, until we became self-sufficient. Then they wanted us to pay for their protection racket.

The-ah..mmm, the 'mob' are the Honestian thugs, by the way. The salespony clarified.

Right. But you know what? I'd be happy to pay it, if they just promised to help us take back the Kingdom of Honesty. He answered.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-06-04 at 10:57 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Well, I was told that the Honest Court had chosen to begin taxing Deliverance. But are the Honestians charging protection money on top of that? Have they explained where these taxes are going?" she asked. "As for the bugs, good on you for rooting them out. How did you do it? Did they have any plans?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan gasped.
    'poonies? Stealing!? No! I will prove it!' she barked

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #276

Show

Yes, that's the spirit! Ironsides allowed himself a slight smile. Again, might've been a mistake. I don't know. All i'm asking is that you go check it out. Ask around and see what you can find. There's a clinic tent just north of here, look for the tents joined together.

He thinks for a moment. Also, ask the guards what they think or how you could improve morale. I'm sure they'll come up with some ideas. Something to help remind them of their heritage. What they can aspire towards! He sighs. This is what the Kindnessians lack. A greater purpose. They can't see past themselves.

Evanescent chose to say nothing.

Show

I wasn't there, but Dr. Bishop Ring told me all about it. Apparently some pony just shouted that some ponies were "changelings" and...they got jumped. They gave up their disguises pretty quickly. Shouted something in bug-speak, and got knocked out. I don't know who identified them but... He shrugged. I'm glad she was there. We then had to give the changelings over, before we were even able to interrogate them.

Personally...I get it. Emotions are high, here, regarding changelings. They would have gotten hurt even more than they had, had we kept them. If you want to know their plans, you'll have to ask the Honestians. I know Ironsides doesn't know, either.

As for protection money...
    He sighs. When we first asked what the tax was for, they actually had the audacity to say it was for the glory of the Honest Kingdom. He explains with a rather flat monotone. They backpedaled on this, saying it's for protection, but I can't think of a single time they've protected us. Not one time. All it really is is money we're paying to not be forcibly ejected into the Everfree. He sighs.

Look, i'm a businesspony. I used to build and sell spellcores to the Honest Kingdom. Spellcores were a form of enchantment where a spell is crystallized, and installed into industrial equipment, to spectacular effect, making them much more potent, long-lasting, and interchangeable between devices compared to other enchantments. We appreciate that this is their land, as illegitimate as their claim is to it, and we can be reasonable. But this 'protection' crap is stupid. I'd rather just...rent the guards from the Honestians.

No! Absolutely not! You could hear a voice not far away.

That's what it's worth.

What happened? Carrots aren't worth THAT much!

Esoteric Reprisal looks over, seeing an Honestian guardspony arguing with a shopkeep, both parties shouting.

Er, looks like trouble.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-06-10 at 12:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

"Ooooh. I see. I was educated with the pooonies of kingdom of Magic, but I have learned to admire all pooonies! So colorful!" Roxan said with enthusiasm.
    "Let's help the poooonies!"

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket pet Roxan head in a affectionate matter: " Good girl Roxan! Alright everyponies, let's try this out. Mr. Ironsides, thank you for your time. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-06-10 at 06:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Well, if nothing else the Honestians need to be more upfront with you about the taxes you pay," Mossy muttered. She thought it odd the Kingdom of Honesty was being cagey about the purpose of their policies. Perhaps they expected everypony to trust them implicitly. "Thank you for the information. I will pass along your grievances to the Honestians. Also, an unrelated question, is there a reason everypony is being so quiet here?"

Mossy paused when she heard the shouting and followed Esoteric's gaze.

"You have some sway with the shopkeepers here. Perhaps we can avert another incident," she offered before trotting over to where the commotion was taking place.

"What are we arguing about?" Mossy asked the two shouting Ponies, as calmly as possible.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Rocket pet Roxan head in a affectionate matter: " Good girl Roxan! Alright everyponies, let's try this out. Mr. Ironsides, thank you for your time. "
    Roxan closed her eyes and wagged her tail happily.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #281

Show

Glad I could help. He nods.

((Where do you go, now?))

Show

Honestians. Esoteric answers. Everypony's being taxed, but we can't fight back, at least not without getting thrown out or hurt as well. That's why everypony's so quiet, we're trapped.

I've been shopping here for months. One pony was an Earth Pony mare with a pink coat and yellow mane, wearing light guard barding with the crest of the Honest Kingdom. And only just now does she jack up the price.

That's the cost. The other pony replies, a pegasus mare with a light grey coat and a crimson mane and tail.

Twenty four bits for a carrot?! She exclaimed.

This is the special. For our wonderful protectors. She replied sarcastically. It's just my little way of showing my appreciation for our protection.

Red Shift, you know me. The guardspony insists, tapping a hoof against her peytral. I've been buying your carrots every day for the last few months, because the rations are crap.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Show
    Honestians. Esoteric answers. Everypony's being taxed, but we can't fight back, at least not without getting thrown out or hurt as well. That's why everypony's so quiet, we're trapped.

I've been shopping here for months. One pony was an Earth Pony mare with a pink coat and yellow mane, wearing light guard barding with the crest of the Honest Kingdom. And only just now does she jack up the price.

That's the cost. The other pony replies, a pegasus mare with a light grey coat and a crimson mane and tail.

Twenty four bits for a carrot?! She exclaimed.

This is the special. For our wonderful protectors. She replied sarcastically. It's just my little way of showing my appreciation for our protection.

Red Shift, you know me. The guardspony insists, tapping a hoof against her peytral. I've been buying your carrots every day for the last few months, because the rations are crap.
    Dawn Blossom was a little bit overwhelmed with all of this. To her, the idea of ponies fighting ponies was almost unheard of, especially with the clear and present changeling threat. Before she knew it, she was speaking up.

"Stop it!" she said. "Stop fighting! I ... have either of you ever been to the Frozen North? It's a desolate wasteland up there. If you don't work together, then everyone dies. When ... when the storm rolled in, we ... my sister and I, we ... we didn't have enough rations to last us both. And ... and we fought. Or, I fought." She began tearing up. "If ... if we had just kept fighting, we would have both died. But ... my sister, she ... we made up. And she went to get help. She ... she never returned. I don't know what happened to her, or if she's even still alive. But ... but we can't fight. We ... sometimes, we have to do something we don't want to do. Sometimes we have to sacrifice everything so that others don't have to. And if you think that this is any different, that we're not in the Frozen North and there's no danger ... well, you captured three changelings just the other day, so ... so yeah," she finished lamely.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-06-13 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy was somewhat surprised by Dawn suddenly injecting herself into the conversation, but she decided to allow the filly to make her speach. A young Pony needed to learn by doing after all. If things went poorly, she could always step in.

"I will not allow the Kingdom of Honesty to throw you back into the Everfree," Mossy stated emphatically to Esoteric while she waited to see how the two Ponies reacted to Dawn. "That is not the Pony way." The politics and economics of the situation were being revealed to be more complicated than Mossy was used to. But, she had faith that keeping Ponies safe was a basic tenant unmarred by the years.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-06-13 at 09:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Once outside, Rocket take charge: " Let's first go see that clinic missing supplies up north. Maybe we can get a clue there. And after that, we can see that Doctor... Dr. Bishop Bing? Ah No, Dr. Bishop Ring. "

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

d6 Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

"Maybe it's "Bingo Bing? Who know. Pooony names are always so funny! Bwafhfah!" Roxan laughed.
    "Yes. Let's go there. I might get the smell of the lost equipment."

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #286

Show

Nessy tilts her head to Rocket. I'm pretty sure he said they have their own clinic that's missing supplies, and that they might know what happened to the supplies. She clarified as they approached the tent. True to the description, it looked like a trio of white tents attached to each other length-wise, with a red cross symbol stitched onto the outside.

Outside, a dark grey unicorn mare greets you. Oh, uh, hello. She gives the trio a quick look-over. You look healthy enough, is there something I can help you with...?

Spoiler: Careful DC 1 (reading somepony)
    Show

She seems apprehensive, but not at you, but that you might want something.

Show

The guardspony, Red Shift, and Esoteric all went quiet.

So, um, what's really going on? The guard asked Red Shift.

Some bureaucrat came by our farm this morning. Gave us a list of 'violations' we were committing. She answered. If we wanted to sell produce we had to obey or they would shut us down! Following the rules is too expensive, we'd be shut down before the end of the month, anyways. Carrots shorter than five inches? Can't sell, cheaper than one bit?! Who wrote these rules?! She sighed.

I just don't know what to do. If I raised my price, maybe I could make up the difference but...

Look, Red Shift, i'll personally find this pencil-pusher and get him and his buddies to leave you alone. The guard promises.

For cheaper carrots? She asked skeptically.

For a friend. She smiled, Red Shift smiled back.

Well, i'm sorry too.

So how much per carrot? She asked.

Four bits. Red Shift replied.

Four? That's still double the usual price.

I know, and i'm sorry. She sighs. But it should only be temporary. Hopefully for just today, though, I just hope nopony else is too off-put by it.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Dawn's method had been unorthodox, and perhaps more for the filly than those she was trying to convince, but it had worked. Mossy flashed her young charge a smile as she trotted up to the guard and carrot salespony. It had also shown that a lack of communication was a not insignificant part of the whole mess.

She also made a mental note to buy Dawn the biggest corn muffin available. It seemed the filly was still hurting from the loss of her sister, far more than she regularly let on.

"Hey there, I'm glad you could work something out," Mossy began. "I'm with the Harmony Fleet, and we are here to try and sort out some of the differences between the Kingdom of Honesty and Deliverance. Do you think you could help me find this beucocrat, or some other Pony who knows the details of the Kingdom of Honesty's policies regarding Deliverance?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan. 'No!' She said happily.
    'We are here to help you to find the supplies!'

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket chuckle, pet Roxan head: " Like the sweet girl here said, we came her to investigate the matter. I am Rocket, captain of the Whinnylight. I would appreciate to know how you realized the supplies were missing. Were they stolen or they never arrived here? "

20. - Top - End - #290

Show

Er, no. The nurse pony shuffles nervously. In fact we just recently got a good restocking from some friends in the Honest Kingdom.

Though we've been selling most of our stock to Dr. Bishop Ring. I don't know what he's doing, but he's just...buying it. Antiseptics, painkillers, even sterile cotton swabs. And we don't know why.
    She shrugs. We should get new stock in two days, but just be aware, we're rather short right now.

You don't have any idea why Bishop Ring would want that medicine?

Either he's caring for the sickest pony in the universe, or he's stockpiling.

Do you know anything about the Honest Guardsponys' clinic, being short on supplies?

Goodness, no. She answered oddly quickly.

Show

Just look for the smell of sharpened pencils and manilla folders. The guardspony suggested. Not hard to find.

Talk to Zenith Postal. Esoteric suggested. He's taken it upon himself to advocate for us, against them. Which amounts to him just yelling at the petty bureaucrats tasked with imposing themselves on our lives for the crime of fleeing an invaded Kingdom. He shrugs. It's fun to watch.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Thank you, I'll look for both," Mossy replied. She trotted back over to the corn stand and purchased a treat for Dawn. They then trotted off to where Overgrown had mentioned Zenith tended to be found.

"You did well," she assured the filly as they left the quiet market. "And, I know you are going through a great deal right now. If you want somepony to talk to, consider me eternally available."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn glanced down at the ground, her treat hovering by her side. "....I'm fine," she finally said. "I mean, it's possible she made it to a yak settlement, and is trapped there by the constant storms. One day I'll return there, and look for her, find out once and for all."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan sniff, tilting her head. Circling the nurse, looking at her eyes.
    'Hmmm..''
    'Something worrying you, Ms. Nurse Pooony'. she said decisivly.

OUT

Careful?()

(4d3)[1][3][1][1](6)+7

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy was about to say that this was unlikely and that she should not cling tightly to this one hope. But then Mossy remembered that she still wondered if her parents, after the many centuries, were still somehow alive. All because she had felt them, in that strange time within the Everfree.

Against her own, Dawn's hope did not seem far fetched.

"Yes, one day," Mossy murmured, distant. "We must wait until then, to know. And until then, we must accept our uncertainty and not let it consume us."

25. - Top - End - #295

Show

The nurse was mildly surprised, and even tried to keep her distance as Roxan sniffed her out.

Er, please stop doing that. She asked. We don't know anything about the Honest Clinic's missing supplies-I mean, we're short on supplies, because they were bought. I was worried somepony you brought with you was sick.

Evanescent was skeptical.

Show

I'm sure your sister is just fine. Esoteric tried to reassure Dawn, flatly. I wish I could do more to help but I have a business I need to run.
    See you.
    He waved the two as they left.

Spoiler: Careful or Clever DC 2 (Navigation)
    Show

Through some good navigation and instinct, the pair is able to make their way towards where Zenith Postal is reported to be. They could see two ponies having an argument, up ahead.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Mossy was about to say that this was unlikely and that she should not cling tightly to this one hope. But then Mossy remembered that she still wondered if her parents, after the many centuries, were still somehow alive. All because she had felt them, in that strange time within the Everfree.

Against her own, Dawn's hope did not seem far fetched.

"Yes, one day," Mossy murmured, distant. "We must wait until then, to know. And until then, we must accept our uncertainty and not let it consume us."
    "....I suppose," Dawn admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I'm sure your sister is just fine. Esoteric tried to reassure Dawn, flatly. I wish I could do more to help but I have a business I need to run. See you. He waved the two as they left.
    Dawn was not very reassured by this, but Mossy was reassuring enough for both of them.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy trotted forward to the pair of arguing Ponies, keeping an ear open for their conversation.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan has titled her head, her muzzle still quite close. Maybe too close.
    "You know, in the Magic Kingdom, they keep recooords of the medical thingies they buy. Do you have something like that?"

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket nod: " Roxan is right. Do you have a inventory of supplies, both coming to the clinic and those you sold? Just want to make sure their is no shady business here..."

30. - Top - End - #300

Show

Well, I suppose there's no harm in it. The nurse acquiesces, leading the trio inside. The tent was clearly well-kept, the acrid smell of antiseptic in the air. There were several chairs and doctors tables, as well as medicine cabinets, but most of it seemed to be empty. Also, from what they could tell, the cabinets were mostly empty.

The nurse returned shortly, with a heavy book she was visibly struggling to carry. We-ah, need...proper...bookkeeping. Keep. Everything. Intact-OOF!! With a huff, she hoisted it onto a nearby table, where it flipped open to the latest entries.

Most notably, it's a nearly unbroken procession of everything from medicine, to bandages, being bought by a pony named Bishop Ring.

Spoiler: Clever DC 2
    Show

Before that, however, you notice that deliveries are usually on Fridays. The most recent delivery was just yesterday, which is most certainly not a friday, and this seems to be the only occurrence of it.

Show

You're hurting ponies! An orange-coated earth pony stallion exclaimed to a rather thin, almost sickly grey pony with steely red eyes.

The only "hurting" that's happening is this delusion you live under, that if you just isolate yourself, everything will be perfect.

Of course not! Nobody is suggesting that!

That's the problem with you Kindnessians, always thinking about yourselves, with no thought about the greater good.

What the hay even IS the "greater good?!"

The obligation of everyone else to the society that gave you everything you enjoy, today. Food, shelter.