New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Mossy momentarily despaired as her lashing hooves found no hits, but then rejoiced when the tree branch smote the timberwolf. The aura hefting it hadn't been one she was familiar with, but it must have been one of the Ponies from Deliverance. She would have to thank them later.

Bellowing, she threw herself into the oncoming timberwolf, trusting her natural toughness to soak up any serious damage. She then snatched the large branch from the ground and positioned herself between the horse of monsters and the escaping Ponies.

"Let's get out of here!" she howled, swinging the massive club in front of her to keep the beasts from pursuing.

Avoid Attack
    Forceful:(4d3)[1][1][2][3](7) - 8 + 3 = 2

Fend off the monsters
    Forceful:(4d3)[2][1][2][3](8) - 8 + 3 = 3
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-10-16 at 09:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

" Agreed! "

Rocket cover everypony exit, keeping an eye on the rear, especially Roxan.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan hopped, away, jumping trying to dodge the enraged monsters. She barked with amuse.
    She pulled a yellow crystal, and yelled to her friends. "Cover your eyes!" And blinding light shined from the crystal.

Dodge:
    Quick-3
    (4d3)[3][3][2][2](10)-5

Flashy Flash light 3

(4d3)[2][2][1][1](6)-5
    [
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

Between Mossy and Rocket providing rear guard, as well as several unicorns firing off spells to distract the monstrous horde, the two of them are able to provide a solid exit for the group to follow Evanescent all the way back to Deliverance. Once there, the monsters seem very reluctant to leave the Expanse, allowing all ponies to safely evacuate, though several bore some noticeable bumps and bruises, including Mossy, who was not able to avoid a bite from a Timberwolf.

(Mossy takes 1 Stress.)

Phew, well that was an unmitigated disaster! Dr. Ring insightfully noted. Seriously, why did our artifacts stop working? It's like the magic was completely drained from them!

You don't think it had something to do with the Everfree Expanse?

The Expanse does a lot of things, but draining magical artifacts is not one of them! Magic draining is a plague!

But, I should thank you all nontheless, if you hadn't come, there's no telling if we would have made it back alive.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom, meanwhile, was sulking in her pillow fort. After a while, she went up to the deck and looked over the side, into the Expanse. The others had long since left, leaving her to deal with her own thoughts. However, something felt ... wrong. She had a feeling, the others had probably run into trouble by now. Rockadiles, timberwolves, hydras, cockatrices ... who knew what they had run into by this point? Dawn cursed herself. Why had she let them go without her? She could help! Turning around, she dashed towards the engine room, gathering up a project she had been working on -- the Clear Skies Weather Cannon, Mk. I. A small-scale prototype, it wasn't big or powerful enough to, say, clear an entire sky of wendigos, but it should still give a nasty burn to any monsters it hit. She grabbed it and ran towards the forest.

----

As she reached the forest, Dawn saw the others were already engaged in mortal battle. Cursing herself, she began to set up the cannon, aimed, and fired it at the pack of timberwolves. Roxan would recognize the energy blast as like that which came from her fire crystals, but much more focused -- the result of a series of parabolic mirrors inside a large crystal globe. Where had she gotten the fire crystals to power this thing? ....Roxan might want to check her stash on the ship.

Spoiler: Clever to work the cannon, invoking her builder's aspect with a fate point.
    Show
    (4d3-3)[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

As the last of the beasts slunk back into the expanse, Mossy dropped her branch and took a deep breath. She didn't immediately follow everypony else, instead pausing to release a small cloud of spores into the dismal jungle. It seemed less likely anypony would come to harm from them out here. It also felt right, and somewhat comforting, to give the little fungal motes back to their home. Her home as well, for some time.

Somepony called out her name, and Mossy broke from her day dreams. She trotted out of the Everfree, a grin on her face, though she winced as the timberwolf's bite finally began to sting.

"Glad to help," she said to Dr. Bishop, while considering what he had said concerning the artifacts.

"Dawn, quite the light show!" she cheered, turning to the filly. "You wouldn't happen to have seen where Zenith Postal got to? "

OOC:
    Does Mossy know anything about how the Everfree usually affects magical items?
    Clever:(4d3)[1][3][3][3](10) - 8 + 1 + 2 = 5
    Edit: Why not, I'll spend a FATE point and invoke Affinity for the Everfree for a further +2
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-10-23 at 10:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "Dawn, quite the light show!" she cheered, turning to the filly.
    "Thanks! It's still a prototype though."

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "You wouldn't happen to have seen where Zenith Postal got to? "
    "No, why, do I need to shoot him?"

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    But, I should thank you all nontheless, if you hadn't come, there's no telling if we would have made it back alive.
    "Probably not," Dawn said bluntly.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-10-23 at 10:50 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Dear Tree no!" Mossy exclaimed at Dawn's suggestion of shooting Zenith. "I just lost track of him in the rush to the Expanse." She looked around for the Pony in question, still thinking they might need him to talk Dr. Bishop into remaining in Deliverance.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket fly up in the air to attract everyone: " Listen up everybody! You heard me right! We can offer you a ride to the Kingdom of Laughter in our flying ship. YES, it will be a bit cramped and yes, you will have to provide your own rations BUt it will be safer! You can only enjoy a new life in teh Kingdom of Laughter if you are still alive to enjoy it! However, I AM the captain of this spaceship. If you accept to come aboard, you will have to understand that if I or a member of my crew ask you to comply to a demand, you will have to comply. It will be for everypony safety. It will be a temporary measure until you reach the Kingdom of Laughter. We will be leaving soon, you can gather your things near the ship. We should leave at best at tommorow. Use that time to patch your injured and rest.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan has breathed with a relief, as the conflict was resolved.
    She ruffled the filly's mane.
    'God Job! Woff!"

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #491

Several of the larger critters, the Canis Majors were brave enough to venture out of the depths of the Expanse, only to be met with light and fury as the filly single-hoofedly drove them back into the forest in a spectacular display of arcane brilliance, prompting several of the Kindnessians to roar and hoof-stomp in elation.

Wait, you would do that for us? Dr. Ring asked, though it was hard to tell if he was being skeptical or welcoming.

Yes, yes they would. Zenith came galloping towards the group, stopping to pant once he reached Dr. Ring.

Bishop, I know it's crazy, but so is-
    So is going through the everfree expanse, yes I know.

Spoiler: Mossy
    Show

To the best of Mossy's knowledge, no. Naturally occuring magic-siphons do not exist.

This is not some guesstimation or hypothesis developed from cursory knowledge, this is a definitive answer coming from an expert on the subject. There are numerous examples of magic working bizarrely in the Everfree. The way weather moves about on its own, the twisted chimeras and arcane critters that inhabit the forest along with its bizarre, and occasionally absolutely horrifying flora. However even Mossy with her vast stores of knowledge, both from the past and the present, in regards to catalogued information and theory, cannot possibly claim to know even half there is to know about the Expanse. Nevertheless, what she does know is that the Expanse conforms to certain patterns. Self-regulating cycles that, although bizarre, is nontheless predictable.

Regardless, nowhere in any of these cycles, patterns, or anything, even in areas where magic is involved, would magic be drained from artifacts. Even if they did have the unfortunate luck of stumbling into a naturally occurring antimagic field, the drain on their magic would not have been permanent, it would have reasserted itself the instant they left it, and if they were inside of one when they were surrounded, their unicorns would have been unable to erect the shield spell.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

After wracking her brain, Mossy was sure that something unrelated to the Everfree had disrupted the artifacts. What that meant wasn't clear, but sabotage immediately sprung to mind.

"You should know that a representative from Deliverance is meeting with the Honestian King," Mossy pointed out to the assembly. "I am sure that relations will improve. Still, if you wish to leave with us for the Kingdom of Laughter, that is your choice."

She then turned to Dr. Bishop Ring.

"I agree that your artifacts not functioning is strange. Would you like us to investigate that?" Their job of diplomat was gradually turning into investigator and Changeling sleuth.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-10-29 at 09:58 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh: " Well if you all agree, prepare your things and wait near the ship. We have a quick trip to do before we leave. "

(Whats should we do now people, wrap up the session?)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-10-31 at 09:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494

It takes a bit of work, and although it's a tight squeeze, the crew is able to get the Kindnessians on the Whinnielight towards the Kingdom of Laughter. The ponies embark and depart without incident, offering their thanks for the crew's help. Similarly, Zenith Postal just got a letter from Velocity, saying that the King of Honesty is amenable to a donation-based system for the payment of Honestian law enforcement rather than taxation. A very strong start!

While things aren't going to be perfect, they can at least leave Deliverance knowing they made it better than when they arrived.

The only issue is what caused the artifacts to dry up.

Though Roxan may recall seeing some of those artifacts in a basement, and draining them with her crystal...

♪ My Little Pony ♪

Evanescent - Emperor Ing

Roxan - Igordragonian

Mossy Log - Humble Master

Rocket Blast - Emmerlaus

Dawn - Hawkflight

Velocity Postal - Adepha

Adepha - Emperor Ing

Zenith Postal - Mike

Dr Bishop Ring - Plague!

♪ Freeeeeeeinds ♪

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Several of the larger critters, the Canis Majors were brave enough to venture out of the depths of the Expanse, only to be met with light and fury as the filly single-hoofedly drove them back into the forest in a spectacular display of arcane brilliance, prompting several of the Kindnessians to roar and hoof-stomp in elation.
    Post-credits scene:

Dawn glanced back at the cheering Kindnessians. "....Should we be concerned that the Kindnessians, of all ponies, are cheering for blood? Or ... sap?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The hype is real!

Following the safe arrival of the Kindnessians to the Kingdom of Laughter, the following press conference was stressful but VERY fructful. The beginning of the Whinnylight crew was showered with praise ad they had uncover a changeling infiltration. Wind Rider himself called to congrats the crew for their good work.

During the call though, Rocket Blast asked a bit nervously if he could take a week off so soon after they started working, for both a television interview and some family matter. Wind Rider agreed, saying he will arrange for the matter since publicity for their work was good for the public image too.

After the call, Rocket sigh of relief, turns to you wall: " Im sorry guys to not have mention it but my sister gave me a earful after she learned I was in the Kingdom of Henesty and didnt stop by. The television interview is for the " Daily Heroes Show ", popular in all Kingdoms. Would you mean coming with me, back in the Kingdom of Honesty? I wont force you but I promise you a great welcome at my family place..."

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy's had relaxed significantly once they had touched down in the Kingdom of Laughter and the Dr. Bishop and his fellow refugees had been met with open arms. She was glad to know they would be safe, and that she could stop having to worry about arguing Ponies and disguised Changelings. It was also a relief to not have the Whinnylight so crowded with the nagging worry she might have to spore.

"We have no other mission at the moment," Mossy said to Rocket's offer. "And I would love to meet your family."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

'Pack is important to the mental health of a dog. I sure miss mine... beside, I could use downtime, to refill some of my crystals.' Roxan said with a nod.
    'Actually....' she took a pawfull of empty crystals.
    'Will you agree simply carry those around you for a while? It won't hurt you, and in a day or less it will fill the crystals with magic.'

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket blinks, not sure what to think of such request but accept some crystals: " Sure, if you say it helps! I don't have inate magic though so... how will it work?"

20. - Top - End - #500

You have family at the Kingdom of Honesty? You didn't say anything about that before. Nessy pointed out, tilting her head. By all means, let's go. I shouldn't need to tell you how important it is for you to be close with the ones you love. At least...while you still have them.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

You have family at the Kingdom of Honesty? You didn't say anything about that before. Nessy pointed out, tilting her head. By all means, let's go. I shouldn't need to tell you how important it is for you to be close with the ones you love. At least...while you still have them.
    He look embarrassed, chuckle nervously: " Well... I... "

He hesitate before continuing: " Trust me, it's going to be crazy at my place. My father is probably going to hope to settle me down with a marriage proposal again... Before I join the Wonderbolts Academy, my father gave me a ultimatum. One that ended me joining the Wonderbolts."

He shake his head, sigh deeply: " You'll understand why I left once we arrive. Just... remember we are only staying a few days at most ok? If you are uncomfortable, you can also go back to the Whinylight at anytime you wish. "

The Kingdom of Laughter is finally behind at those words on the map. You are now back in the Kingdom of Honesty... Rocket is looking at the horizon with a determined, resigned expression unless distracted.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    'Pack is important to the mental health of a dog. I sure miss mine... beside, I could use downtime, to refill some of my crystals.' Roxan said with a nod.
    'Actually....' she took a pawfull of empty crystals.
    'Will you agree simply carry those around you for a while? It won't hurt you, and in a day or less it will fill the crystals with magic.'
    Dawn Blossom tried and failed to look innocent. After all, she had nicked quite a few fire crystals from Roxan's stash to power her gun.

"Heeeey, Roxan," she said, trying to change the subject, or at least gain control of it. "You wouldn't happen to know where we can find a giant fire crystal, would you? One large enough to, oh, I don't know, clearanentireskyofwendigoesinatwentymileradius?"

Dawn didn't say anything at the mention of family. She felt a pit of anxiety in her stomach, but that just made her more determined to find out what had happened to her sister.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess you weren't strong enough to prove your worth for the avaible alpha female, and your father wabt you to try again?
    Don't worry! I think you are great at combat like me!"

To Dawn's question she laughed, she explained why she asked them to carry crystals for her.
    "Aww, dupey puppy. Crystals don't work like that!" she cooed and messed her mane.
    "You see, crystals are...mmm I want to use simple terms... "vessels"? They can absorb magic. The easy way, is harmful, so the way I use them, is place them around magic, for example if Rocket will agree to carry a crystal, I could use it to walk on clouds. I also parry spells with them. I have one crystal that might fit your request though, dupey puppy, I have one such crystal, and I keep if for desprate cases. But maybe my crystals from the Kindnessian militia... I don't even know what they do. You can play with them, if you want. Just try not to explode too much."

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket smile at Roxan claim: " It's more complicated then that Roxan. Me and my father don't agree on what makes a good Alpha female to begin with. It's not that I wasn't strong enough... I would say it is the opposite. Also, my father is tired of mares fighting over me and he... ," he say, losing his smile.

" I dont wanna talk about that anymore," he say, a bit grumpily. He doesn't want to continue on this it seem.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-11-14 at 07:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan has folded her ears.
    'Sorry. Didn't meant to upset you. Mating is such a big deal for pooonies I see... I'll have.. to do a research.'

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"All too true Nessy," Mossy observed. She wondered if at some point she might be able to use the Whinnylight to search for her parents, and Dawn's sister.

Rocket's friciton with his father over marriage made Mossy's heart sink a little. She would have loved to provide her friend advice, but also suspected her views on the union of two (or more) Ponies were antiquated. Towns were no longer gathers to one or two large, extended clans.

"Who will be there besides you father?" she asked.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Its ok girl, you meant well," he say, scratching Roxan behind the ear.

" My father and my sister, as for my family goes. "

Rocket seem apprehensive as you arrive close you fly toward the middle of the Kingdom of Honesty. You arrive soon near a large city but who seem close to nature? Everything look so rich in there though!

" Well here I am... home. Let's go to the airport."

You get a call on the machines, ROcket take it: " This is Rocket Blast, captain of the Whinylight. I am home. "

The voice on the other side: " We know master Rocket. Please go to the A2 airport. We have reinforce security there. "

" How crowded it is? "

" We managed most leaks this time, especially since you left the Kingdom at first and stayed at the border. But you will need to be escorted, you and your crew, with protected assistance. Your father sent one of his guests to greet you."

" Like usual? Young, beautiful and with a royal temper? "

The voice take a while before answering... " You know I cant answer that Master Rocket. Your father asked me to tell you to give her a chance if you asked question about it however. "

He sigh: " Very well. " He hang up. he put the coordination on the panel.

You arrive at a large airport. As soon as the door of the hatch open, you see two lines of guards in cops special silver and black armor. It leave a corridor to walk it that leave to a serie of rich looking vehicles... but with no ponies to drive them on teh front. You can see a forcefield surrounding the Whinylight and all I have described before. The road to leave on the other side of the forcefield come a few blinding flashes and silhouettes.

Rocket sigh: " Walk between the soldiers to the cars. Dont talk to them, they wont answer. "

Rocket hesitate in which vehicle to pick but a white stallion in a fancy dark red suit come out of the leading vehicle. He clearly want Rocket to come in that vehicle as he open the door and he say: " This way sir..."

Rocket sigh and seem resigned, walk toward that vehicle...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-11-16 at 05:57 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508

Evanescent was quite overwhelmed with how much trouble there seemed to be in making sure Rocket arrived home safely. She had trouble believing nobody less than a king with an active bounty on their head would receive some kind of treatment, yet for some reason, here is Rocket Blast, being given the royal treatment with no expense spared. There is going to be a LOT of explaining, needed.

"Sir?" Nessy asked.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy shivered a little as she walked towards the limousine. Whoever was receiving them was in control, and they had none of the warmth of Pony hospitality. Nessy seemed similarly unsettled.

"Rocket," Mossy whispered. "What is going on?"

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom observed the leading limousine driver, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

"Haaaang on," she said. "How do we know you're not some kind of infiltrator, here to kidnap our captain?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show