New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

We think somepony is trying to hurt others, using magic only heard about in old legend. Nessy explained, nodding to Rocket as she tried to smell the emotions through the door. Is he around? Could we please see him?

Clever: 1
    (4d3)[2][1][2][1](6)
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-07-20 at 05:01 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxan sniffed the papers.
    "Ummm.. maybe I am just a doggo, but... it seemed somepony had to use the little pony's room quite a lot. Are you sick?' She has asked with soothing tone.
    "Why else, so much paperwork has remained?'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"What?" the desk Pony muttered, looking at Roxan perplexed. "I'm not sick. I certainly haven't been slacking off in my duties. All this paperwork has piled up because Inspiring Cry is never around to sign off on this! Tree knows what he's been busy with to forget that this is something only he can do! Spending all his time with that marefriend of his I'm sure!"

The desk Pony sighed, wiped his brow and then addressed you once more.

"Forgive me. I am quite tired. I haven't slept very well lately."

"Do ponies usually lose sleep around preparations for the big festival?" Mossy asked. "A lot of ponies we've talked to have mentioned not sleeping well."

The Pony behind the desk shrugged.

"I don't know? I don't think so. We work hard, but for me at least I sleep like a foal after a hard days work."

There was a pause, then the hissing voice came back.

"Hmph. Kazakar isn't around. He left on his own business some time ago." There was some audible sniffing from behind the door.

"It has been some time since he has been in contact with me. I do not know what he is up to at present. You need his help, I assume? To deal with what sort of old magic?"

Spoiler: Nessy
    Show
    You can't sense very clearly but can make out whoever behind the door is on edge, anxious, fearful maybe.

And... hungry?

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket smile: " Well well! If you want to start a conversation, please open the door. We can have a chat of course but I'll rather it be face to face... i don't even know your name, Mister...? "

5. - Top - End - #785

Nessy gave a skeptical look to Rocket.

If you'd like, we can get you a sandwich, for being kind enough to housesit while Kazakar is away. She suggests, trying to gauge his reaction to the sandwich. After all, changelings don't eat pony food. Definitely don't.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan has perked her ears with an amused and noisy smile.
    As a diamond dog, she loved digging, caverns, historical truth or even gossip.
    'Who is the marefriend? Is she pretty?'

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I've met her once or twice. Her name is Mushy Cap," the desk Pony explained. "She's from Ankhera, runs a mushroom farm north of town if I remember. Inspiring Cry has been showing her around the Conservatory and going out to dinner with her. I worry he's getting a little distracted, but that could just be the old curmudgeon in me talking."

"Inspiring Cry was out with her last night I believe," Mossy explained. "Is this the first festival Inspiring has been courting a partner?"

"I believe so, yes. Though courting is perhaps a strong word. I get the sense Mushy is the one suggesting outings and pushing the relationship."

"No, I don't think I will open this door. Not just yet," the hissing voice said, a little mellower now.

"And while I appreciate the offer of a sandwich I'm not in the mood for that sort of fare. Tell you what. If you'd be willing to part with just a small bit of your magic, just a taste really, I think I could trust you enough to let you in. I'd give it back, of course. And the process isn't harrowing or anything."

"Just think of this as a gesture to prove your good will," the voice said after a slight pause.

Spoiler: Nessy
    Show
    Whatever was behind the door was still on edge but felt a little more confident now.

You didn't smell any duplicity in it but then again you were having trouble getting a read on this thing's emotions...
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-07-23 at 10:46 AM.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket frown, a bit displeased: " A gesture of good will?! First off, you didn't even name yourself! And second, Im a pegasis, I dont have any magic to give you... I always carry a chocolate bar on me thought? You would like that?

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

"She sound like fun. Where do I find her?"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #790

The mention of a chocolate bar immediately got Evanescent's attention. Her eyes wide, as chocolate was a craving she couldn't deny. Where are you hiding those?!

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    The mention of a chocolate bar immediately got Evanescent's attention. Her eyes wide, as chocolate was a craving she couldn't deny. Where are you hiding those?!
    He chuckled: " Mossy, If I said that chocolate bar in my pants, would you try to get it still? No? Thought so. " he give her a playful wink and smirk. He is trying to dodge the question, obviously.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Her mushroom farm is on the north side of Ankhera," the desk Pony said shrugging. "If she isn't home you'd probably have to ask Inspiring Cry. And, if you meet him, please do tell him to come down here."

Mossy thought for a moment.

"Last night, did you get any reports of strange music coming from the neighborhood... in that general direction?" she asked, gesturing towards Soul Solo's house. Again, the desk Pony shrugged.

"Ponies practice pretty late into the night here. Usually its our neighbors complaining about strange sounds, not us."

Mossy turned to Roxan.

"It's getting a little late. Do you want to try Mushy Cap's house then maybe meet up with the others?"

There was an exaggerated scoff at Rocket's last quip.

"Spare us," the hissing voice groaned.

"Very well. If a name will help put you at ease I am Morakrut. And all you ponies are full of magic. How do you think you can walk on clouds or have a tacky symbol materialize on your flank? As a pegasus, your magic would do just fine."

"So, a taste of one of your magic to show your good will. Yes or no? I have other things to do tonight."

13. - Top - End - #793

Nessy's face turned red at that remark, but before she could reprimand Rocket for it, the...thing on the other side continued.

She gave Rocket a skeptical look, but sighed. Look, just take a bit of my magic. I'm an Earth Pony so I won't notice much of a difference anyways.

What ever it is, it's clearly not a pony.
    She whispered to Rocket.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-07-25 at 05:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan nodded. "Sound like a good plan to me!"
    She paused.
    'Do you think she fry them?-

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

You thanked the Chordfield administrator who eagerly went back to his work as you left.

"Maybe," Mossy said as you walked. "I always had mushrooms raw, but I'm not all that familiar with bat pony cooking. Or bat ponies in general, I suppose."

You left the conservatory and cut through a neighborhood and downtown, the evening air crisp and the streets mostly empty. Down in Ankhera, everything was much livelier with street-side food carts and performers. Restaurants bustled and virtually everywhere you could hear some bright, syncopated rhythms and happy crowds.

As you headed north, the buildings quickly thinned. More openings in the ceiling admitted stairwells to the surface and pools of starlight. Gardens of all kinds of strange flora sprang up, bursting with bizarre white and brown produce. Mossy took a deep breath of the earthy, slightly moist air, and visibly relaxed. Pretty quickly, you found a mailbox marked Mushy Cap in front of a simple house with cool grey walls reminiscent of the surrounding stone. Behind this home sprawled a larger field of bulbous, plump brown things about the size of pumpkins.

You knocked on the door, and were quickly answered by a short, muscular bat pony wearing a floppy wide-brimmed hat.

"Hey there. Who are you two? What brings you out here so late?"

Nessy felt a bit of a tingling deep inside her, a phantom tightness. She felt like a bottle who's cork was being tugged at. This held until Nessy relaxed, let go, and felt the built up anticipation vanish with a pop. A wisp of sparkling green magic escaped her mouth as she gasped, snaking through the air and flying up the mail slot of the door.

"Ahhhhh," the hissing voice sighed. "That's the stuff."

The door creaked open, revealing a pitch black parlor. There weren't any lights on in Kazakar's cave, and so you could only see hints of the deeper rooms. Sitting behind the door was a large black cat, about the size of a filly. She sat with a contented look on her face, eyes bright emeralds. Around her neck hung a loose collar with a triangular tag. Flicking behind this cat was a segmented tail that ended in a vicious looking stinger.

"A pleasure," Morakrut said with a toothy smile. She leaped onto a table and began scratching behind her ears with her tail's stinger.

"Forgive my hesitation. I haven't had the best experiences with Ponies in the past. But you seem friendly enough, or at the very least not immediately terrified of me. To answer your previous questions more fully no, Kazakar isn't here. He left some time ago on an errand, but has been gone long enough that I have begun to worry. Whenever I try to contact him, he does not respond. I have been spending the nights searching for him, but to little success. Why are you seeking him out?"

OOC: Nessy will have the [Gave a taste of magic] aspect until Morakrut gives it back. It might make using her Changeling powers difficult.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket had being hesitant... He didnt want losing any part of himself. As a past Wonderbolt, he took a lot of pride upon his flying prowless. But Nessy suggested herself to have some magic drained from her and he was curious. Although it could go very badly, maybe it would be the occassion to bring out her own changeling nature? He didn't know when or how to bring that up and practically left fate do it because if it was his decision to do so, he would have confronted her on day one.

But nothing happened. He sigh of both relief and disappointement. It was a strange feeling.

Rocket concentrate on the newcomer... He wasn't that much surprised by its apparance (he had seeing Manticore before and they were kinda similar.... and those didnt talk) but he definetly was interested...

" Before we get to that... I have so many question about you! First of all, do you mind telling us what specie you are? And is there a lot of you in this town? And is the collar on your neck a fashion choice or does it have a particular fonction? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-07-27 at 03:21 AM.

17. - Top - End - #797

Nessy grit her teeth as she felt something of herself be sucked out of her. She grit her teeth, and shook her head as she tried to regain her wits. Ohh-keey, that's a new one. Don't want to experience that again. She remarked. Not even noticing how her earth pony form was flickering, showing glimpses of her true changeling form for fractions of a second, only to return to a ponylike form, upon concentrating. Like she knew what was happening and trying to fight it, while simultaneously pretending it wasn't happening.

I know what a Manticore is. But you're very small, like a mini-manticore. Minicore? She mused casually. I think we should introduce ourselves. My name is Evanescent, and this is Rocket Blast. She jestured with a flickering hoof towards Rocket.

What's your relationship with Kazakar, Morakrut? She thought. Kazakar must not get a lot of visitors, for him to be so...suspicious, but that assumed Morakut lived with him full-time.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Hello, I'm Mossy Log and this is Roxan," Mossy explained, showing her Harmony Fleet pin. "We're doing an investigation on behalf of Inspiring Cry."

"Oh! Oh dear, is something wrong?"

"We're not sure yet. We came to you to try and get a better sense of hat Inspiring Cry has been up to recently. There is a lot of paperwork at the Conservatory piling up with his name on it."

"Hmm, alright then. Why don't you come inside?"

Mushy Cap led you into a cozy little parlor with plush couches and pictures of various fungi hanging on the walls.

"Its hard to believe he's got more work to do at the Conservatory," Mushy said as she trotted into the kitchen, returning with a plate of chips and a brown dipping sauce. "He's been running off to the Conservatory every day it seems. Has to sign this or oversee that or grudgingly attend some meeting. Even tonight we had to cut our outing short so he could deal with something urgent. And we had such a fun night planned, all gone to waste because of that darn festival!"

She sighed.

"I know that the festival is important and I know that he will have a lot of work to do. But he's also been acting strange and just has been really tired all the time. He's gotten quiet and it feels like we don't really talk any more. I'm worried our relationship is going to... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to talk you ears off. I'm just a little pent up right now." Mushy bit her lip, shivering a little.

"I'm not a Manticore, though I suppose I do resemble one. Minicore is good enough for now," Morakrut said, grinning at Nessy. "To my knowledge, there aren't any others of my kind around here. We tend to avoid large Pony settlements. Now, out in the jungles north of here, like the Mistveils? I couldn't say, haven't prowled around there for some time. As for Kazakar..."

Morakrut thought for a bit.

"We're friends, looking out for one another. Unlike some of my kind, I've no real issue with Ponies so Kazakar is trying to foster some kind of friendship between me and the Ponies of Ankhera and Chordfield. This collar is just a symbol of his station as a sorcerer, and a symbol of our friendship."

19. - Top - End - #799

Nessy's disguise disappeared completely in a wimpering puff, leaving her true form revealed. Though clearly a changeling, she did appear different, with solid yellow eyes, as well as a golden carapace and wings. This was only for a second, before she squinted in concentration, and in a flash of golden fire, her Earth Pony form was returned. Sorry about that, there's something in the air, I think.

We might have a missing pony case, on top of what's already going on. Which brings us to why we're here: Somepony was affected by some spell, that we are told resembles one used in a legend about the Brother Beasts. Would you happen to know anything about it?

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Nessy's disguise disappeared completely in a wimpering puff, leaving her true form revealed. Though clearly a changeling, she did appear different, with solid yellow eyes, as well as a golden carapace and wings. This was only for a second, before she squinted in concentration, and in a flash of golden fire, her Earth Pony form was returned. Sorry about that, there's something in the air, I think.

We might have a missing pony case, on top of what's already going on. Which brings us to why we're here: Somepony was affected by some spell, that we are told resembles one used in a legend about the Brother Beasts. Would you happen to know anything about it?
    Rocket shiver seeing this... of both curiosity and wariness. The same kind of attraction to something you know would be bad, the temptation of the forbidden. The taste of keeping Nessy's frustrating secret had being hard on him. He would consider her a friend now and it was even more of a struggle for him now that it was the case.

He WANTED to show Nessy the truth and NOW! He wanted her to face her problems instead of running away from them!

The temptation is too much, he can't help it, he HAD to ask: " Is it Miss or Mister Morakrut? Could we borrow a mirror from you? Im especially curious about your ability to drain creature of their magic and I want to know how it work with my friend Nessy here. For exemple, It's not permanent right? How fast will she recover from it? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-07-29 at 06:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #801

Evanescent looked over at Rocket, confused at the excitement she could taste from him. Odd.

Actually, I would like to know if it's permanent too. I hope it's not... She added. Her disguise having apparently stabilized, as it was no longer flickering.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan without words gave the pony hug.
    She wished she had soft coat like ponies do, or huggable soft body.
    But at least she had hands. And Roxan gave her heart into the hug.
    "Awww...' she cooed with sympathy.
    "Sometimes, there are bonehead doggos, who think they protect their loved ones, by fighting their fights alone. But that ok...'
    She smiled. "We are here to help, and we never-" she pause, rememering Rocket's sister.
    'Are rarely fail.' Roxan ended her sentence on a bit lame note, but at least honest one.
    "Did he do anything beside dealing with this annoying festival lately?'

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mushy Cap returned the hug, squeezing Roxan tight and sighing as she let do.

"Thank you, that was very sweet," she said. "And it will be alright. All things shall be well in time. As for besides the festival, well Inspiring got really interested in going on a safari into the Mistveils a little while back. Its a jungle just north of town, not technically part of the Everfree but still pretty wild. The Mistveil Safari Co in town organizes expeditions for sightseers and adventurers. I'm actually friends with one of their guides, Blazing Trail."

"So, Inspiring Cry was interested in a vacation?" Mossy asked.

"Something like that," Mushy said. "He read up on all the safety guides, learned how to use all the equipment. He tried to convince me to come along with him, but... I just couldn't. After all the stories Blazing Trail has told me over the years, and the bat pony myths my mama told me. " Mushy Cap lowered her voice to a whisper.

"I think the Mistveils are haunted."

"No, it isn't permanent. When I release the magic you gave me, it will return to you," Morakrut explained, stretching out. "My kind can take the magic of others, when it is offered to us or when we defeat another, crush their body or will. That is what the 'Brother Beasts' did. They overpowered ponies and took their magic. If your pony is missing their magic, it's most likely that one of my kind is responsible. Which is worrying, given Kazakar's disappearance."

Morakrut thought for a moment.

"I suppose I should mention that my kin vary quite a bit in appearance and ability." She looked behind herself.

"And I don't believe Kazakar has a mirror. Why do you ask?"
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-07-30 at 04:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

"Haunted?' A glint of excitment shine in Roxan's eyes.
    'OOoOoOoh! Tell me more!' She begged wagging her tail.

"I... I mean.. just, so we could search there for clues, that is '

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #805

Crush body and will, like, say, drunkenness? Evanescent asked, glancing over at Rocket, who seemed way too excited and...relieved? About this minicore's magical draining ability. Also, what variances in appearance or ability can you elaborate on? I don't want to intrude, but if this pony was harmed by one of your people, we would need to be able to recognize them.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket ask, a bit worried: " Wait... So you keep the magic indefinitly? You never have to give it back unless you want to? And she will never recover the part of herself you just took from my friend here unless you willingly give it back?! That sound pretty... permanent to me. "

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mushy Cap hesitated and then smiled back.

"Well, there were always stories about monsters living in the Mistveils. More than just the Foxfire Frogs and Shock Ants. Big monsters that would gobble up anypony that pressed too deep into the jungle."

"Stories of monster in the wilderness aren't exactly uncommon," Mossy pointed out.

"I know, but that isn't all. Blazing Trail has seen these moving shapes in the jungle. Big horned creatures just far enough away to not be clearly visible through the mists. He's found strange tracks, like a Pony's or lizard's but much bigger. And on some expeditions, he's heard singing. Distant, strange singing that nopony in the party could agree on where it came from, or even what it really sounded like." She paused for effect.

"I think there once were monsters in the Mistveils, but Ponies drove them out or maybe killed them. And now, the spirits of those ancient monsters are haunting the jungle."

"I did say her giving me a bit of her magic was a show of trust, did I not?" Morakrut asked Rocket. "I promise I will return Evanescent's magic to her. And even if I didn't, should she ever best me, crush me, she could take it back herself, or wait until I lost control of all the magic I had gorged on for some other reason."

She turned to Nessy flashing a devilish grin.

"Anyway, I suppose my kin could take the magic of a pony that got over intoxicated. They are not above preying on the weak. As for appearance and ability, it really could be anything. My kin are everything from a bipedal, two-headed bird that can change other's shape to a shaggy, horned creature that warps and levitates metal."

Morakrut thought for a moment.

"But all of us grow in size and vigor the more magic we take. And most of us will have amulets, bracelets, or collars not entirely unlike mine. They are symbols of promises and bonds."

28. - Top - End - #808

Nessy returned Morakrut's grin with a bemused glare.

How about this, then: Do you know of any of them that could produce...unusual music, we should say?

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket is disappointed... It would be suspicious to talk about Nessy true form now, unless Morakrut bring it himself.

" Does beast you in a game would count? Or a whistling contest? Does it have to be in violenece or being forced physically to do so? Our victim didn't realize what happened so I dont think it involve violence but she was drunk off her cutie mark. She might have fallen and not ... Ah, another question that comes to mind... You are living here for now but why? It must be stressful for you. And very lonely."

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

"OoooOooOh! This will surely give me a headline at the monthly "Pragunicorn Discovery' magazine!" Roxan wagged her tail with excitment.
    'Well, Nessy, should we meet up with the others, or hog all the fun to ourselves?'

------
    My previouse Avater