New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Mushy Cap blushed a little.

"I'm glad you're excited, but I'm not sure I'm ready to have my superstitions in a magazine a lot of ponies will read."

"Did Inspiring Cry go through with the safari on his own?" Mossy said.

"Yes, he still went. He'd spent a lot of time and money preparing and it would have been a waste not to go. I don't begrudge him going, even if I worried over him the whole time."

"Well, thank you for your time Ms. Cap but I think my partner is right. Its getting late and we should meet up with the rest of our crew."

"No trouble. It was nice to have somepony to talk to about all that's been going on."

"Feel free to stay in touch with us. Not just about the investigation, but if you need a shoulder and an ear." Mushy Cap smiled and offered both of you a long hug.

You left the bat to her evening and returned to the earthy twilight of the Ankhera mushroom fields.

"I'm starting to dislike Inspiring Cry," Mossy thought aloud on the walk back to Ankhera.
    "Neglecting his work and marefriend. What are your thoughts, Roxan?"

"It does not have to be violent, no," Morakrut said, tail waving behind her back. "If your victim pony's mind was addled enough, she could have had her magic taken. As for why I stay cooped up in here... Well, not every pony is as open minded as you two are. Most find me and my kind frightening. Demon is a popular name for us. So popular even some of my kin have started using it. Kazakar is introducing me to the ponies of Ankhera slowly, trying to make sure the community doesn't see me as a threat. In the meantime I stay here, alone but safe from angry mobs and fear mongers."

She gave the two of you a more serious stare before returning to her usual impish demeanor.

"But it isn't all bad. I'm free to roam around at night. As for strange music, no I don't personally know any kin that do that. But, actually now that you bring it up, Kazakar was researching magic related to music and sound before he left."

She stretched out her back and tail, then leaped off the table.

"It has been a wonderful chat, but the hour grows late. I've a sorcerer to look for and I doubt you two could keep up with me in the dark. Anything to say before I go?"
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-08-04 at 10:07 AM.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxan smile nervously, as if feeling guilty for Inspiring Cry.
    "Heh. I kind of like that, when something catch my intrest. You know, if you will throw me a stick, I must hunt for it, until I find it, and until then the whole world doesn't exist for me. I actually have it woOoOorse then other doggos. I quite easily left my pack, without looking back...' she paused.

'I might have wronged friends in the past like that..'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh, bow his head in thanks: " Thank you for your time. Now if you don't mind, could you please give back my friend's magic? It would be difficult for her to... ahem, be herself without it. "

4. - Top - End - #814
    Colossus in the Playground

Actually yes, there is one other thing. Besides giving me back my magic, that is.

Have you talked with anypony else about this kind of power? Recently?
    She asked. Suspecting somepony was trying to replicate the magic-siphoning abilities.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Oh I..." Mossy paused, thinking for a moment. "I mean, you may get distracted, but your curiosity is also really helpful and you still care about us. I've seen how devoted you are to Rocket, and to our mission. You're a good dog."

Mossy smiled to mask the tiny twinge of doubt that had sprung up inside her. What if the Whinnylight was just another pack for Roxan, and she would eventually move on without looking back?

"But, back to Inspiring Cry," she said, shaking her head. "I just get a bad feeling about the way he's been treating Mushy. They go out, then he excuses himself to deal with "Conservatory business" even though his paperwork there is piling up. What's he doing with that time?"

Mossy stayed quiet for a bit as she walked. You were now getting closer to the heart of Ankhera, music booming ahead, the silhouettes of the great skyscrapers visible in the blue glow.

"I don't like to look for the bad in ponies but... do you think Inspiring Cry might be seeing another mare?"

"No, I haven't told this to anypony else in a while," Morakrut said, pulling the door to the cave closed. "And actually, Kazakar might be a little cross I even told you. But he's not my lord, and you seemed decent enough. Now..."

Morakrut closed her eyes and with a sigh let out a thin stream of sparkling green magic. She shivered and visibly shrank an inch or two as this happened, coat becoming a little more ragged than glossy. The magic snaked through the air and back into Nessy.

"If you find anything about Kazakar, come tell me. Stay sharp, little ponies." With this, Morakrut bounded off down the tunnel to Ankhera, melting into the shadows.

OOC: Nessy not longer has the [Gave a Taste of Magic] aspect.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan avoided Mossy's eyes. Smiling with a hint of anxiety, having the same thoughts.
    For now, the Whinnilight was exciting, and every day was a new adventure, but so was the university , for... a while.
    But, she had baggage of guilt, beliving this disloyalty has created the Iron Beaks.

"What?" Roxan blinked, and shook her head. "I dont think so. He sound to me, like a doggo who... has his own project. It might be dangerous, or ponies would find it creepy..." she paused, remembering few questionable activities, she took part in out of curiosity.

"Or simply, it's something he want to keep special to himself."

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #817

Nessy gasped as her magic returned. She wasn't expecting it to have THAT much of an effect on her, being an Earth Pony and all. Yes. Definitely an Earth Pony. But she did feel strange. Tired. Like she had pulled off an all-nighter. Not pleasant, to say the least.

So what do you think? Regroup with Mossy and Roxan? She asked. Also, uh, I noticed your emotions were...all over the place. You seemed...excited. About me being drained of my magic. She asked curiously, no accusatory tone at all. What's going on?

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sighed... His tone was mysterious as he spoke in a unfamiliar poetic way. His emotions feel warm and sincere: " Well... I don't know what it felt to have your "magic" taken from you but for a brief moment, I thought I saw the real you. The one you thought disappeared when the changelings attacked the Kingdom of Kidness. It's like the bitterness of this defining moment of your life was gone, leaving behind the sweet, kind and innocent mare you were in the past. I could even swear your eyes even shined like two gold nuggets exposed to the sunlight. It was beautiful. Its like... You were facing the powerless you from back then and weren't afraid to show your vulnerability. "

He sighed, his tone becoming depressed again as bitterness strikes him: " Nevermind that I suppose. We should let the inner demons sleep for now I guess. I need to stop guilt tripping and worrying about my sister for now. For my crews, for my friends and for fans. Nobody like a depressed pony and I need to concentrate on my job. I am Rocket, Captain of the Whinylight! "

He slap his face a few time with his wings, burrying his sadness inside of him, very deep. Out of sight out of mind. His mood is now more... calm, assured and confident. His speech rose him up to feel self-assured and brave again. It almost feel like before... but...

His emotions would feel good now but it feel like someone versed some good cider in a unclean glass that had bitter medicine before. It has a faint bitter aftertaste.

He turn to you: " We need to regroup. I think we can confidently say it was one of those creature that attacked our victim. That Kazakar definitly know something. I'll mention it to the police station before we leave in a short report. "

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"A surprise party maybe?" Mossy said, trying to find a reasonable explanation. "We are in the Kingdom of Laughter after all."

The two parties of the crew wove through the loud, twilit streets of Ankhera and ran into each other at the staircase back to the surface.

"Hey there," Mossy said. "Me and Roxan found that Inspiring Cry might not be telling us everything. He's kept ditching his marefriend to work at the conservatory, but paperwork only he can complete is stacking up there. What did you two find?"
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-08-08 at 06:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

"You have forgotten to tell them about the secret monster place!" Roxan said with excitment, and then looked at Rocket, is if she has seen a ghost, and her ears have folded.
    "...There.. might.. be.. .a..clue. Maybe '

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #821

Evanescent was confused to say the least. His emotions tasted sincere and...delicious, but she was missing something. Some context, and that it was just on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't quite reach that far to get it. Her eyes darted around as she tried to figure out how to reply, or even how to interpret what he said. He didn't ACTUALLY want her to be drained of magic, did he? No, that'd be ridiculous, but...what did he mean? The real her was beautiful?

Um, thank you. She answered. I think.

She then went to look at Mossy and Roxan.

Well, we found that there are...creatures that can drain the magic of ponies, but only if they're willing, or they can incapacitate a pony. For example, getting them wasted.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket go hug Roxan playfully, pretending everything was ok: " You sound lie a little pup who found a new squeaky toy Roxy! "

He release her and tell the other with a smile: " As for this Kazakar, he knew about those creatures. He even was researching something along of sound and music linked to those creatures ability. He is missing but he is extremely suspicious. He might know what is going on. The creature we interrogated was cooperative, it told us there was lot of them in the Mistveils... There is one bad news though: our victim wont recover her magic unless the one who took it is willing to give it back."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy visibly shivered. She had never heard of these magic-draining creatures before. They sounded like His chaos. Could it mean the return of...

No. He had been vanquished, stripped of power by the champions of Ponykind. She shook her head and composed herself.

"Well, the Mistveils now sound like a good place to investigate. As Roxan alluded to, Mushy Cap thinks the Mistveils are haunted and these, creatures, living in them could be the kernel of truth in her story. We'll worry about convincing them to relinquish Soul Solo's magic when we come to it." Mossy stomped the ground, sending up a small cloud of dust, then glanced up at the stars.

"That definitely has to wait for tomorrow though."

14. - Top - End - #824

From what we know, they can only steal our magic if they can overpower us, or we give it voluntarily. They might be more afraid of us, but we should stay on our guard, and stay close. Also, plan to book it, if we have to. Personally, I don't think it's one of these creatures. Call me crazy, and I have little evidence to go on, but I suspect somepony was learning to replicate that magic-stealing ability.

I don't know if it is Kazakar, since there doesn't seem to be a motive as far as I know, plus he disappeared days ago, before this incident.
    Evanescent then yawned. It is starting to get late.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan smile at Rocket, but there is flaw to this smile.
    Guilt.
    "Well, isn't late the hour for monster hunting?"
    She put her paw over Evenescent. "Come on!"
    And turned to her puppy eyes.

Ponies actually made much better puppy eyes then diamond dogs. But still

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

ROcket sigh: " Its true its getting late but we need to make proper preparation for the trip. We need maps and MAYBE a trustworthy guide but Im not sure we need one. In fact, the guide might even be a liability in our investigation. "

He turn to Nessy: " Nessy, do you mind if tommorow morning you to seek for map of the Mistveils? With maybe a written guide about what to expect? I'll give you the money for it and if you do... I'll pay for a chocolate syrup supplement for your waffles or pancake tommroow morning. What do you say? "

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I love your enthusiasm Roxan but exploring a strange, potentially monster-infested jungle in the black of night sounds... unnecessarily dangerous. I'm with Rocket. We should spend the night on the ship, then explore the Mistveils in the morning." Mossy turned to her captain.

"Mushy Cap mentioned there being a company in town that run safari's into the Mistveils," Mossy said. "They probably have all the gear and information we would need."

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan sighed. "OoOoOoOk...' she say shook her head, with an accepting smile. "I guess a nap won't harm anydoggo..'

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #829

Evanescent hesitated, looking away from Roxan's eyes as she knows she'll have to deny her. I'm sorry, but it's too dangerous. We'll go in the morning, and when we're more prepared. She answered, turning to Rocket when her name was called.

Her eyes went wide at the mention of chocolate syrup. She snapped a salute. I will publish the guide myself if I have to! She answered.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't be so jumpy! I have exprience with maps. Maybe I can help!" Roxan patted Evenesecant with support

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Don't be so jumpy! I have exprience with maps. Maybe I can help!" Roxan patted Evenesecant with support
    Rocket chuckle: " Sure but no chocolate syrup for you! I would like to talk to you in private Roxan before we go to bed. It's not like you seem tired anyway girl "

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

With a plan set, you made your way back to the town hall and took the stairs up to the Whinnylight on the roof. Clever Plan was already asleep in her room and boxed salads from some local restaurant were sitting on the kitchen table.

While Rocket and Roxan met in a corner of the ship for their conversation, Mossy fed Venderbright then hesitantly knocked on the door to Nessy's quarters.

"Hey, I've been thinking over what you said and wanted to ask you about those creatures you and Rocket found," she said.

23. - Top - End - #833

There was a hesitation in response, then a brief flash of yellow light before Evanescent's voice was heard.

Come in! She invited. Inside the 'earth pony' was lying on her bed, with the iridescent serpent Fluffy cuddling up around a foreleg.

Um, i'm sorry but you'll have to refresh my memory on what I said to you.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

"Choclate is a poison for me.' Roxan held her belly and stock her tongue out.
    'Trust me. I tried. But sure.' And sat on the edge of the ship.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"You and Rocket met this... creature," Mossy said, coming in and closing the door behind her. "You said it could drain magic, and that there are more like it."

She looked up at Nessy, reeking of worry and anxiety.

"I've never heard of anything like that. Even from when the Everfree was expanding and His chaotic beasts were everywhere. Is this another threat to Equestria that arrived while I was... away? Like the Changelings?"

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

"Choclate is a poison for me.' Roxan held her belly and stock her tongue out.
    'Trust me. I tried. But sure.' And sat on the edge of the ship.
    " Come in my room."

He ask. When they are alone he sigh and say: " When I was hired as the captain of the Whinylight, I was made aware of every crew member background. Every creatures here, I know of their past. And something happened today that leaved me to think I should... give you some inside information. In case things go south and you are the one I trust the more to not overreact and help me in this ordeal..."

He sigh, take a deep breath: " One among my crew is a good natured changeling. Dont worry! She's on our side. She is not evil! She hate other changelings to the bone for what they did to the ponies she loves. But... she is lying to herself and is hiding her true nature."

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan sat on the floor with wrapped legs, like a foal in foul garden, listenting to story time. Wide eyes and perked ears hinted that the Pegasus captian had the diamond dog's full attention.

She didn't looked surprised. Roxan even smiled.
    "Ah.' Roxan nodded. "That.. explain a lot. I was afraid she is faking her kindness. Phew. I almost conviced myself I am imagining things...'

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #838

I...don't know, actually. Evanescent answered, coughing once, but nothing else happened. I've never read anything about these creatures, before. They may be local, just to this Mistveil region. Perhaps later, we can ask more about their kind, where they came from, why they are here, but as for them being a threat? No. In fact I think the belief that they are a threat is the threat.

As far as I can tell, they aren't changelings. They aren't inherently evil. They are no more predisposed to conflict against ponies than you or I would be to another. Them, minding their own business, and then suddenly needing to defend themselves, that is when their capacity to snowball power becomes a threat.
    She looks away for a minute. That didn't make any sense at all.

Er, what I mean is that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Fear of what they could become, guarantees that our fears, materialize. Even if it didn't, we would not be justified in aggressing against peaceful creatures. Does this make any sense?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-08-14 at 05:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Roxan sat on the floor with wrapped legs, like a foal in foul garden, listenting to story time. Wide eyes and perked ears hinted that the Pegasus captian had the diamond dog's full attention.

She didn't looked surprised. Roxan even smiled.
    "Ah.' Roxan nodded. "That.. explain a lot. I was afraid she is faking her kindness. Phew. I almost conviced myself I am imagining things...'
    Rocket frown: " Next time you think a changeling is among us, warn me ok? In fact, in fact, let's come out with a code just for the two of us. If one of us think the other is a changeling, we can say the code word and the other have to answer accordingly. How about " Kiss the cook " . If we doubt the other is himself, ask " Kiss? " and I'll answer " The cook ". You understand? "

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"The fact that you have not read of them before points to them being a local to this area," Mossy pointed out.

"And I agree with you, there is a point where vigilance turns to paranoia. If you believe that these creatures are not some new evil, that is enough for me." She turned to Nessy and smiled.

"All these investigations and mysteries and games of enemies lurking in the shadows. This isn't what I had in mind when I signed up to save the Six Kingdoms."