New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1404
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

We'll do everything we can to ensure it. Don't you worry. Evanescent promised, as she finished reading the note. Several theories running through her mind as she left the room, gesturing for the rest of the group to follow.

Rocket, we need to talk.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-11-18 at 04:21 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Lively Jive and his sister bid you farewell and Dr. Tune followed you out of their apartment.

"Well, I will leave you to your investigation," Dr. Tune said, preparing to leave. "Good luck to you. Go with a smile." He gave you a grin and then marched off, back to the conservatory.

"So, what's your idea?" Mossy asked Nessy eagerly.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Lively Jive and his sister bid you farewell and Dr. Tune followed you out of their apartment.

"Well, I will leave you to your investigation," Dr. Tune said, preparing to leave. "Good luck to you. Go with a smile." He gave you a grin and then marched off, back to the conservatory.

"So, what's your idea?" Mossy asked Nessy eagerly.
    Rocket bid them farewell and sigh.... He really didnt feel like he was the leader of his crew at time. Not that he thought he really what it take to be a leader but still...

He turned to Nessy when they knew they werent listen to.

4. - Top - End - #1024

Stakeout. Evanescent stated. We have two ponies, who have the same musical role, went to the same bar, and had the same things happened to it. All within days of each other. This is a pattern if i've ever seen one. We should spend today looking up any other connections. See if any ponies are going to the bar, tonight, and leave, alone, then follow them. See if we hear weird music, then track it down.

There's also something else that's bothering me.
    She says, turning to face Rocket, looking him right in the eyes. You're saying I forgot something.

Well, you're not saying anything right this minute, but yesterday. You said you got dossiers on our background, when we joined the Harmony Fleet. Which is fair enough. But you say you know something about me. Something very, very important that I forgot about.

But since you said that, i've been wracking my brain with all of the things in my memory, from my foalhood today. I might not have a photographic memory, and I understand how selective amnesia works, in regards to the Black Swarm Invasion, but I remember everything. Foalhood birthday parties, water balloon fights with my friends, I remember this one time I threw cotton candy and it got stuck in the mane of some Princess from the Kingdom of Honesty...heh.
    She chuckled. And I remember the invasion. Hiding in the basement for the first few hours. We got found, because changelings also can sense emotions, and they smelled our fear. We managed to trap them, but I remember us making a break for the Everfree Expanse. Confronting the Queen, herself. Or more accurately, she confronted me. What happened next is...a bit of a blur, but I remember running like heck through the Expanse, and ending up in the Kingdom of Generosity.

Do I have some like...secret magic power that you're not telling me about, that lets me fight Changeling Queens? Because if so, you need to tell me about it right now. Seriously, what's going on?

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket is exhausted slap his face hard at Nessy questionning: " A bit of a blur huh? It's more complicated then THAT. And even if I just told you, You'll be in deny and fight it. I know you are curious and everything but you need to keep that in check. But Im telling you, its that "bit of a blur" that is a problem. If you want a shortcut to your problems, I have a few but they all will jeopardize the mission. I need you focused. "

" As for your plan, first I need to ask: does any of you remember seeing a pony inside the Batty Pegasis with a collar like the one we saw so far? "

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan looked worried and scared, and she gently placed a paw on Evenascsent with empathy. Roughed ans scratched paw from life of intense action.
    "There are mysteries better to leave unsolved." She say qutily.

Roxan shook her head to Rocket's question.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

7. - Top - End - #1027

Evanescent turned to Roxan, whose paw was on her shoulder. She was puzzled. Clearly, Roxan knew what this big secret was, but for some reason, took the 'forbidden knowledge' route.

She sighed. Pressing further. After this is over, tell me everything. If you don't think i'll believe it, well, you should get your evidence, ready. The way Rocket is hyping this up, gives Evanescent the impression that she might be a secret deity, or something.

I can't say I saw a collar, either.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

"Nope.' Roxan shook her head. 'I think, Rocket shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. I am not gonna say a thing.'

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Nope.' Roxan shook her head. 'I think, Rocket shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. I am not gonna say a thing.'
    Rocket roll his eye and actually pull out his lower lip. There, their is a tatoo you never saw before! It was big enough to be below his tongue too!

He stop showing it and say: " I didn't want to say it either but you are forcing my hooves. This is the magical rune I had to be done on myself if I was going to know more about your own file. Makes me unable to say it to you, AT ALL! I told Roxan because I found a loop but I cant do it again. Stupid rune adjusted itself, an evolving magic. And even if I could, I would NOT want to tell you what I know. I just think the first step in your recovery is to realize you have something to work on to begin with. And let me warn you Nessy: if you bully or try to trick Roxan in telling you what that secret is, even once, I'll make a report to the higher up about it. If you dont want to be filed up for insubbordination and cohersion against a teammate for personnal gain, you will not ask us again what that big secret is. We cant answer you directly... we can only give you ideas, suggestions on the road to take. And you have no idea how I wish it wasn't the case. This is no needlessly complicated. "

(It count at putting oneself down to get a advantage later right? threatening a team member directly, putting a magical rune on myself as a "slave seal" unabling me to help a teammate etc)

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I agree, this is needlessly complicated," Mossy said, nostrils flaring, frustration plain in her tone. "But, I see a simple solution. You told Roxan, and Roxan isn't bound by some magical rune. She can illuminate us all to these secrets, and then you don't file any kind of report." She stomped the ground.

"You tell us that we must trust each other in one breath, then admit to a conspiracy to cover up some secret from Nessy's past in another. I want to be part of this crew, I want to save Ponies, I want to belong. But I can't do that if I know my leader is hiding the truth of who I am from me, and threatening me with insubordination when I ask for some simple honesty! Have you forgotten what Tree's root embrace your kingdom, embrace you?"

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "I agree, this is needlessly complicated," Mossy said, nostrils flaring, frustration plain in her tone. "But, I see a simple solution. You told Roxan, and Roxan isn't bound by some magical rune. She can illuminate us all to these secrets, and then you don't file any kind of report." She stomped the ground.

"You tell us that we must trust each other in one breath, then admit to a conspiracy to cover up some secret from Nessy's past in another. I want to be part of this crew, I want to save Ponies, I want to belong. But I can't do that if I know my leader is hiding the truth of who I am from me, and threatening me with insubordination when I ask for some simple honesty! Have you forgotten what Tree's root embrace your kingdom, embrace you?"
    " Its for ALL of our safety! And Im not lying! I told you the reason for all this secrecy is that they were hoping Nessy would be able to make friends among the crew, devellop bonds and hopefully accepting her past. But after this... Minicore took her "magic" in this very mission, it could have create a disaster! That's why I opened up a bit about it! But guess what, I risked my job, OUR job to do so! If the higher up learned that anyone else knew the truth, they would disband our crew! I went against a direct order! Do you know how STRESSFUL it is for me?! If that rune get any bigger, I dont know what is going to happen next time I try to cheat the rule! "

Rocket sigh, looking exhausted: " How about this... After Roxan learned of the secret, she decided to keep it for herself. After this mission, she will tell YOU Mossy, in private, what the secret is. If you agree that its for the best to keep it secret from Nessy for now on so that she can come closer to accept it herself, then we will ALL agree on it. We then can all help her and it will be a decision made for her well-being. But mind you: if you learn the secret and decide you cannot trust any of us after this mission, you will have to resign. That include your trust in me, Roxan or Nessy. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-11-19 at 11:20 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan shake her head.
    "How about this- I'll absorb my and Rocket's memories into a crystal and then I'l shatter it.'

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #1033

Wide-eyed, Evanescent looked back and forth between Rocket and Roxan. You did-you-you...what?! AaaHHrrgh!! A conspiracy of silence was one thing. Here, they were not only demonstrating distrust, but outright hostility. At best, they were treating her like a foal. What had she done to deserve this?!

I knew you militarists couldn't be trusted! She shouted, before storming out of the building. Walking in the direction towards the Batty Pegasus, but she had no clear motivation or plan, her mind too clouded with anger and frustration to do anything strategic.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Wide-eyed, Evanescent looked back and forth between Rocket and Roxan. You did-you-you...what?! AaaHHrrgh!! A conspiracy of silence was one thing. Here, they were not only demonstrating distrust, but outright hostility. At best, they were treating her like a foal. What had she done to deserve this?!

I knew you militarists couldn't be trusted! She shouted, before storming out of the building. Walking in the direction towards the Batty Pegasus, but she had no clear motivation or plan, her mind too clouded with anger and frustration to do anything strategic.
    " Nessy wait, please! "

She heard him but ignored him... He sigh, cursing even.

" Im so sick of those stupid secrets... Well, now I done it. I just hope in time I can be forgiven... "

He sigh, looking defeated: " They warned me I should just let events happen naturally and let her recover at her own speed... But cmon, she didnt even know she has a issue! How can she could have even work on it?! "

He sigh, adding more exhaustion to his expression: " Maybe... I should quit as a captain. But we have a mission to finish first. Let's... let's go to the Batty Pegasus. Hopefully, that's where Nessy is going."

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy fixed Rocket with a venomous stare.

"All you had to do was be honest," she said flatly. Then she turned and galloped after Nessy.

On the stairs down to Ankhera, Nessy heard rapid hoof falls approaching behind her.

"Nessy!" Mossy called out as she slowed down to match pace. "I'm... I'm sorry." Not exactly what she meant to say, but she also wasn't exactly sure what she wanted to say.

"I want you to know I'm with you."

Eventually, Nessy and Mossy arrived at the Batty Pegasus. The restaurant wasn't open this early in the morning, but it looked like some staff were moving about inside getting things set up.

After the two mares spent some time milling about outside, Rocket and Roxan arrived.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

"Rocket, Captain, sometimes, the warning on the tomb are real."
    She sigh ajd follow

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket arrive at the site: " Fine, fine. if you have decided to hate me instead of the organisation that decided to do this to US, it's your business. But now, would you mind if we return to do our job, even if its the last one we will ever do? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-11-20 at 12:32 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1038

Evanescent turned at the sound of hoofprints behind her, expecting Rocket to have followed her. She glared daggers, but immediately softened when she realized it was Mossy instead. She looked apologetic. N-no, i'm sorry. I just... She gritted her teeth in frustration. Who does Rocket think he is? Standing in judgment of "what's best for me." How can anypony, any creature, for that matter, ever know that, let alone come to that conclusion? I wouldn't even do that to foals, without at least asking for their opinion, first, and he's doing that to a fully grown mare!

I understand I signed up, voluntarily, and all, but is this what it's like in the Kingdom of Loyalty? Where obedience and respect is demanded on the virtue of the magnificence of one's title? Also, that...nonsense about a magical rune stopping him from telling me about it? Why would they do that? It makes no sense that he can tell everyone else except me, about this great and terrible secret. What is so terrible? Am I some, I don't know, a secret changeling, or something? Why would they even let me near a Harmony Fleet ship, if me knowing my past is so dangerous? Is this a 'keep your friends close and enemies closer' thing? I think he's full of it, and full of himself. Worked himself so much into a frenzy over nothing, and is defaulting to the authoritarian instincts the Loyalty military indoctrinated into him.

Sorry if i'm a bit...much, right now Mossy, but I needed to vent.

As they milled around the Batty Pegasus, she heard another set of hooves up behind them, and her emotion-sense confirmed who it was, much to her own chagrin.

Just as long as we agree to never talk to each other again, afterwards. She conditioned to Rocket.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-11-20 at 03:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan walk by her other side. "Again. I can try and delete me and Rocket's memories about this. Trust me. This knowlezge won't bring you anything positive. As a friend... I dont want you to get hurt.'

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Roxan walk by her other side. "Again. I can try and delete me and Rocket's memories about this. Trust me. This knowlezge won't bring you anything positive. As a friend... I dont want you to get hurt.'
    Rocket roll his eyes: " Girl, can't you see its already too late for that? I care about her, that's why I risked my own tongue to fall out of my mouth by telling YOU Roxan! And from this point, if you don't want to lose her, I suggest you tell her the truth. But first, I am going to prove to you Nessy that I am as much of a victim in this as YOU are Nessy, ok? Then I think only this way you'll understand I didn't have a say in the matter..."

Rocket take a deep breath and try to say something: " Nessy, here's the big secret: You are in fact a... "

His whole mouth is shining gold and is suddenly clammed down. He cant seem to be able to open his mouth as tiny golden seals appear on his lips. It is only ironic that those runes could be readed " silence is golden" in old Ponish. Its a old spell and Nessy finally recognize it... and that Rocket truly didnt have a say in this and that he wasn't exaggerating with his tongue falling off. The fact he managed to tell Roxan her secret without it to happen requiered Roxan to have mostly pieced back the clues together and him... you arent sure how he could actually confirm it. You can guess he simply did not deny it OR at least managed to make Roxan understand it was the truth even if he was denying it.

The full name of the spell is the same as its fist chanted verse: " knowledge is power, silence is golden." Its a cruel spell, a old and complicated one, made originally to keep secrets. Not just preventing someone from spealing beans, it also insure the creature HAS to actively protect this secret or suffer dire consequences. It would be either foolishly brave or simply ignorant to allow such a magic seal to be put upon oneself.

You arent even sure if Rocket will be able to talk again anytime soon. Only the caster of spell by this point can unwrap it safely, from what you heard. The runes slowly crawl back inside Rocket sealed mouth, now where his eyes, ears and nose shine for a moment before fading back to normal.

Rocket take a deep breath from his nose, shake his head miserably. He try to talk but its useless. Not even a sound can escape his throat it seem and he even try to open his mouth with lots of effort but to no avail...

(Rocket is now mute for the remaining of the episode. I think I should have pick this instead of fighting among ourselves... You decide if it deserve a FATE point or not but I actually suggest it doesn't since Im only switching the reason for that FATE point to begin with. And I think its fitting the theme of the episode )
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-11-20 at 05:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

"Noo! What you have done, foooolish pooooony!' Roxan welp with horror, hugging the Captain with teary eyes.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy let out a startled gasp. As angry as she was with Rocket she didn't want him to curse himself so.

"What did you do you fool!" she shouted, voice unsteady. Frustration and worry mingled in her veins. "You should have had Roxan say it."

Mossy paced around in a circle biting her lip. This was such a mess. She didn't know what to do, or even how to feel now that Rocket had showed he was willing to tell the truth. He still could have avoided this game of silence and deception. But now it was also clear the Harmony Fleet had a vested interest in Nessy not knowing what she was. Growling, she smashed the ground with her hoof.

"I..." Mossy muttered. She looked at Nessy, wide-eyed and lost, hoping for some guidance. "We should get Rocket a pen and paper."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

"Noo! What you have done, foooolish pooooony!' Roxan welp with horror, hugging the Captain with teary eyes.
    Rocket hugs her... It feel sad but relieving to have done everything he could in the situation to make his point across. And to make Nessy understand he was loyal to matter the cost. At least that's what he hoped she would understand.

But for now, he is consoling Roxan without words. He pet her and hugs her as much as she needs to.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Evanescent was taken aback by this display of magical power, seeing it come completely unexpectedly, and with a violence she didn't imagine those wizards were capable of. Once her alarm subsisted, she silently mouthed the words 'what the...' as her expression was wide with surprise and sympathy. Suffice to say, a few dots clicked.

She wanted to ask why Rocket did what he did but...she already knew. The intentions of the wizards was loud and clear. Oh my goodness, I AM a sleeper agent.

Go get pen and paper.
    Evanescent directed Mossy.

Let's put any further big revelations on hold until later, okay Roxan?

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan is very frusrated and leave Rocket's side.
    She look at Evenscanrt. 'As I told you, ths truth isn't always great. It doesnt always make things better. And yeah, you figured it out. Your smell was wrong. Your ability to sense emotions...'
    She frown.
    "Are you happy now? Does this make you a more 'whole" pony?'

She turn her back. "Griffins, ponies changlings... you are all the same. Bunch of foools. So obssesed with hurting yourselves. No matter how long I lived among you.. I can't understand it.'

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy returned from a corner store with a pen and a notebook with a cartoon bat on it which she gave to Rocket.

She gave Roxan a confused look.

"Are you fine with secrets being kept from you? Secrets about who you are?" Mossy shook her head. "Nessy, if you are wiling to hold this off until later, so be it. Lets deal with the mission at hoof. Your idea for a stakeout sounded promising."

There was still pleanty Mossy was unsure about. What did the Harmony Fleet have planned for Nessy? What did they have planned for her? These were unsettling questions, ones she could push to the back of her mind knowing Chordfield and Ankhera needed her now, focused.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

'Yes! I preffer not to know! Trust me, I have been there! There are questions better off unanswered!'

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #1048

But that's not for you to decide, Roxan. Even if I am some sleeper agent secret demon, i'd prefer to know.

But let's agree to drop it for now. Back to work. So we have a full day before we need to begin the stakeout, we should investigate, to try to narrow down who the next target will be. I suspect all three of our current victims were vocalists.
    In the case of the batpony wizard, an orator and a storyteller. I like to think there's another connection, besides two of them leaving the Batty Pegasus under similar circumstances.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan growl in frusration, in a way, that might ijtimidate little ponies.
    She punchig a hole in the wall, panting.
    She can't function, Roxan go into ground, starting to dig tunnels out of frusration
    Grumbling in rage

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket look surprised and then depressed to see Roxan reaction. He takes a deep breath, look away.à

He write dowm: " Should we pretend to be a band to lure the attacker? Pretend we drunk. "