New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1404
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

It's a long story, but we think somepony is going after them. We just want to figure out if there are any links between the two, to see if somepony else might be targeted. You know, fit the profile of a third target. We know the festival is coming up, so we just want to make absolutely certain nothing worsens.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxan found it easy enough to find purchase on the old brickwork windows of the administration building. After scampering up, she got on top of the tiled roof giving her a birds-eye view of the green conservatory campus. For now at least, there wasn't much to see, just students moving about or laying on the lawn. You could see what looked like Mossy and Nessy, talking with somepony.

"Oh, oh!" Melody exclaimed. "I haven't seen Lively or Solo recently. Did something happen to them?"

"They are both safe," Mossy assured. "We're on it. But we do need to know about any kind of connection."

"Right, right," she nodded. "Well they are both really good musicians, the creme of the conservatory's crop. I guess they also both like to hang out at the Batty Pegasus, but that isn't exactly uncommon. Oh, I guess they know a lot of the conservatory's administrative staff. Like, not just the professor but the event coordinator, the dean, even the mayor."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

With a few jumps, Roxan has grimmly joined her companions.
    Saying nothing, just standing by their side.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "I do hope she will be alright," Dr. Tone said, taking the note from Roxan. The other ponies in the office began to disperse, returning to their hectic business.

"Soul Solo and Lively Jive are some of are star pupils," he went on to explain. "They were going to be part of the two biggest shows in the festival. Really, if there are two performers the festival can't do without, it's them. As for how they regarded each other, I'm less familiar but I do think they were friends, or at least on good terms. There might have been some good-natured rivalry, but I don't really know."
    Rocket write down: " Any other pony you can think off that might have the same links then those twos? Another good singer maybe? "

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Singers, specifically?" Dr. Tone asked, reading Rocket's note. "Um, I suppose Crystal Clear is another vocalist I would put on a similar rung of achievement to Soul Solo and Lively Jive. He's also going to have a big part in the festival I believe." Dr. Tone furrowed his brow, grimaced and then shook his head.

"I'm honestly not certain on that. Some parts of the festival are still... up in the air," he said, gesturing to the hectic mess of papers on his desk and the hubbub coming from the back offices. He sighed. "Really, this festival has been much more chaotic than those past. I suppose we took all the work Inspiring Cry did for granted a little." Dr. Tone looked around and then leaned in close to Rocket.

"Was, was you're voice taken by this magic as well?" he asked in a concerned whisper.

As Mossy began to open her mouth to ask another question, Roxan came crashing down out of the sky, landing beside her. Mossy jumped and Carefree stumbled back in a panic, dropping her sandwich and loosing her beret.

"Who, what?" she exclaimed. Mossy hesitated, trying to judge Roxan's expression and intent.

"This is our friend and comrade, Roxan," she said at last. "She's working with us. Roxan, this is Carefree Melody, a friend of Lively Jive and Soul Solo. We were asking her about them. Speaking of which, how does Soul Solo know the mayor?" Carefree got up from the ground, gave Roxan a smile, then picked up and shook off her beret.

"Nice to meet you Roxan," she said, donning her hat. "Well, our mayor used to be the dean of the conservatory. She's still pretty active here, going to concerts and attending meetings and what not. It also isn't a big secret that the mayor isn't the hugest fan of how the conservatory is being run nowadays. She kind of hovers around things like an old, spectacled hawk. Though Soul Solo made a pretty good impression on her, I think."

6. - Top - End - #1086

Evanescent jumped back when Roxan crashed in. Whoa! Um, I knew we were supposed to rendevous here, but had I known you'd do that, I would've brought a mattress. Actually, that would be too heavy. Er, maybe a pillow, then.

Well then, is there anypony else who knows this "Mayor?"

Hey, uh, Mossy?
    Evanescent leans over to Mossy. What's a "Mayor?" Is that one of those government things?

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket write: " I almost wish. Would be simpler to deal with. No, its due to something else. Dont worry about me. Thank you for the info. "

He nod toward the clerk in thanks then take his leave. He fly around, trying to find the group.

He write down to hsi crew he has a name of a potential bait aka possible next victim: Crystal Clear

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

"It's fine. But thanks." Roxan said grumply, but not as grim as before.
    But she is relativly quite.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Dr. Tone nodded and watch Rocket fly out, biting his lower lip and hesitating before returning to his office work.

"We know the mayor," Mossy whispered back to Nessy. "Sharp Spectacles, the mare who gave us our mission. As a mayor, she runs the city, kind of like a village elder, or aldermare. Just, with a much bigger village."

"You could always try and make an appointment to see the mayor yourself, I think," Carefree offered. "As for Ponies who know the mayor, I'd expect most of the senior staff of the Conservatory knows her. Some of the older faculty probably know her from when she was dean. Oh, and Inspiring Cry, the guy who wrangles the festivals together, definitely knows her. " She let out a mischievous chuckle.

"Last festival he got an earful from her. Don't know why exactly, I thought last year's festival was alright."

Rocket came out of the sky and touched down with blast of wind. Carefree Melody's beret came off again, though Mossy managed to catch it and return it to her.

"Does your crew drop out of the sky often?" she asked.

Mossy looked at the paper Rocket had offered and then turned back to Carefree.

"Do you know Crystal Clear?" she asked.

"Know him? No, he's from the Kingdom of Generosity so he's a fine stallion but no fun at all," she replied. "I have heard of him though. He's an amazing singer, if a little old fashioned."
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-12-16 at 07:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Evanescent frowned and looked away, this was starting to look like a dead end, however the circumstances around Inspiring Cry getting yelled at by this "mayor" might be worth investigating.

I'm assuming Crystal Clear has a clique of talented singers he usually hangs around. She hazarded.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Roxy had her ideas, how to handle it, but for now, she let the others to handle it

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket point out they should find Crystal Clear and let him in on their personnal information. Same for the local police. They could be useful backup for this operation.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Yah, he's made friends with some peers, though I don't know where they hang out. Look for some place boring," Carefree said with a shrug. "He should be on campus today though. He's a big stallion with a bow tie. You could hang around outside that building and catch him when he leaves. " She indicated one of the conservatory's practice halls.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan nod, prepared to go

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

As they leave to find that stallion, Rocket write down that maybe promising the help of the police will help convince that stallion to use himself as bait.

We also should ask the police to folliw discretly the mayor until the event is over...

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

You went over to the music hall that Carefree had pointed out, sitting down on the lawn outside while you waited. Eventually, the doors opened and a number of ponies, some caring black instrument cases, filled out. You were easily able to pick out a tall, lanky stallion you stood above his peers and wore a crisp black bow tie.

"Excuse me Crystal Clear, could we talk with you?" Mossy called out, waving the stallion down.

"Hello, I have not seen you around the conservatory before," Crystal replied, eyebrow raised. "May I know your names and what business you have with me?"

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan.
    "We are trying to save your stupid city. So just cooperate and don't waste the preciouse time of everydog."

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket stay back and just make sigh to Roxan to stay silent.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Evanescent was taken aback by Roxan's bluntness. She could feel her frustration, but Crystal Clear will certainly need more information to go off of.

We suspect somepony may target you, in the near future, as you fit the profile for previous victims. If this is alarming, we understand, but we're here to help.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"My word, that is certainly worrying," Crystal exclaimed, both eyebrows raised this time. Fortunately, he seemed relatively unphased by Roxan. "Who is targeting me, and why?"

"We don't know who exactly yet, but they are using old magic to steal voices," Mossy explained.

"I see. This is certainly a serious situation. What plan do you have to apprehend this villain, and how my I help?"

21. - Top - End - #1101

While we have an understanding of who they are looking for, we don't have many suspects. So we are going to need you to repeat the behaviors of previous victims. To put it bluntly: You're bait. She frowns, looking away for a moment. We'll explain more, but you can imagine we want to be secretive about this. So you can't tell anypony. ANYPONY! We would do our best to make sure you aren't in any danger, and if all goes to plan, you won't even notice anything happened! But don't feel obligated. If you aren't comfortable, we aren't forcing you to do anything.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket is glaring at Roxan, looking both saddened and frustrated. He write down: " Stop with this domminaring nasty attitude! This is not the Roxan who became my friend! "

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan nod to Evensacent words. To Rocket she say.
    "I just can't handle martyrs like you. It make want to puke.'
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-12-28 at 02:46 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Roxan nod to Evensacent words. To Rocket she say.
    "I just can't handle martyrs like you. It make want to puke.'
    Rocket roll his eyes, write down: " I am not a martyr. I chosen this job and knew the risks and the consequences. We dont agree about the Honesty aspect of the Tree of Harmony it seem but I was hoping to save my friendships with everyp- with every creatures. Including you. If you feel you should be the martyr or have rights to be angry, tell me how I can make up to you. But dont forget true friends are supposed to forgive each others. If you value our friendship as much as I do, please consider forgiving me somehow or sometimes "

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not that simple. You can do you. I just can't handle it again.c

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #1106

Evanescent frowned. We should...probably sit down for lunch, soon.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think we have time for lunch." Roxan say.
    "Unless you have found an actual lead, I am not aware of?"

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Well, I do wish to be an upstanding citizen and support the efforts of law enforcement," Crystal began. "And, frankly, I figure that I would be best protected by working closely with a crew of the Harmony Fleet."

He paused, observing the one-sided conversation between Rocket and Roxan.

"Is everything alright?" Crystal asked, Mossy bit her lip.

"Struggles and misunderstandings among ourselves you do not need to worry about," Mossy said. "Please, give us one moment."

She turned around to the crew and addressed Roxan.

"I do not want to risk Crystal's safety by having our team arguing among itself. Do you feel like you can keep yourself calm and collected for this stakeout? If not, that is fine. We can go for lunch and air your grievances."

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

"I am fine. I'll shut up, if that what you are hinting at. I'll be a good doggy and wait for orders.' Roxan said relucantly

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #1110

Evanescent was skeptical. We'll need to talk, during lunch. This passive-aggressive anger you're holding onto...it's really putrid. Her face scrunches in revulsion.

Also, I don't trust this guy. Who goes out of their way to be an 'upstanding citizen' for a government, let alone its legislation enforcers? Makes no sense. Evanescent reasoned, however flawed its logic was. Plus, he's a little TOO cooperative.