New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Rocket is amazed at this guy stupid schemes...

" Ponies like you would be arrested for life in the kingdom of Honesty. Be glad that the Kingdom of Magic is more kind to traitors like you. "

Rocket Blast turn to the others: " Let's just ignore that guy. We have a job to do and this kingdom is getting on my nerves. It seem noponies here knows the meaning of respect."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

"I will not deal with those willing to exploit a dangerous situation for their own gain, nor those arrogant enough to admit to public admit to their treason," Astral told Topaz flatly before turning unceremoniously and marching back to the collapsed tower he had previously been searching. These Lanterns were infuriating, and it sickened him to think they might have any sort of connection to the leaders of the Kingdom of Magic. Wordlessly, he began scouring the structure once more for clues, taking more care this time not to entomb himself.

Careful: (4d3-6)[1][3][1][1](6) = 0
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-02-18 at 05:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Erhm, yes, please do an excusing, am go. Xarzith muttered to the gelatinous ooze, excusing himself and moving away from the cube, attempting to find any sort of trace of the golem in a different direction.

Clever

(4d3)[2][1][2][3](8) 2
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-02-18 at 07:10 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Rocket is amazed at this guy stupid schemes...

" Ponies like you would be arrested for life in the kingdom of Honesty. Be glad that the Kingdom of Magic is more kind to traitors like you. "

Rocket Blast turn to the others: " Let's just ignore that guy. We have a job to do and this kingdom is getting on my nerves. It seem noponies here knows the meaning of respect."
    "Are you deaf?!" Ruby Lantern hissed at Rocket. 'We just told you he is a traitor and a wanted criminal!"
    "With some hefty bounty. I even tried to give myself up, but they won't pay me for it!" Topaz sighed.
    "Ignoring him, might be a bad idea." Amber said silently.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "I will not deal with those willing to exploit a dangerous situation for their own gain, nor those arrogant enough to admit to public admit to their treason," Astral told Topaz flatly before turning unceremoniously and marching back to the collapsed tower he had previously been searching. These Lanterns were infuriating, and it sickened him to think they might have any sort of connection to the leaders of the Kingdom of Magic. Wordlessly, he began scouring the structure once more for clues, taking more care this time not to entomb himself.

Careful: [roll0] = 0
    Astral doesn't find anytbing but rubbles.
    Topaz Lantern sighed. "I was afraid you'l react unreasonably. Oh well."

He putting off his shades, expose eyesockets filled with orange energy.
    He drawn back behind the guards, and the gifts which they held.. grew.
    "You have heard them! They admitted serving the changlings! Arrest them all! Confiscate the ship!"
    The soldiers started to shoot beams at you, others started to reach your ship.

"HOW DARE YOU, YOU CORRUPTED LOT! YOU WON'T LIVE TO REGRET IT!' Barked Ruby Lantern and started to put off her glasses.

"You were bought into treachery... I'll terrorize you into loyaltly." Amber Lantern said quitly and started to out off
    his glasses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Erhm, yes, please do an excusing, am go. Xarzith muttered to the gelatinous ooze, excusing himself and moving away from the cube, attempting to find any sort of trace of the golem in a different direction.

Clever

[roll0] 2

Spoiler
    Show

The cube miss you, and soaking itself at the stream- it glowed with yellow of abstract delight, while the hole started to refgrown before the dragon's very eyes. The path behind it, seems safe enough to follow.glowing Jelly hoof prints lead you.

It seems, even the golem preffered to avoid stepping in the stream as possible.

At this path, the air a little bit less sickening, and the stream is less glowing. Soul Muse might have enjoyed those sewers- almost independent eco system were created here(even if disgusting); six legged rats roaming everywhere, oozes oozing on the walls and the ceiling cleaning them.. one of them even dropped on Xazrith's head- it didn't felt much worse then overgrown lich. Xazrith tossed it away, with only a bit of struggle.

'Help!" Xazrith have heard a buzzing voice whining.
    The path lead you right, but he see on the left, pony-ish figure squirming helplessly as shady monstrouse figure hoovered over him with maw filled with fangs.

Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket go for the kill! He jump on his target, that mindcontrolling pony, and grab him from behind and use it as a shield against the guards. he have his head in a headlock making him impossible to target him with his gaze. He could snap his neck if he wanted to!

" Release them from your control, NOW!! Or I'll break your neck like a twig! "

Forceful
    (4d3)[3][2][3][3](11) + 3
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-02-22 at 10:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96

As the feeling of revulsion from the ooze falling on him fades, he is startled to hear somedrake's voice. It was his first instinct to simply jump into action, but he realized he'd simply be putting himself in danger too, he needed to be smart about this. He got low and kept his steps light, the icy dragon moving quickly and stealthily through the shadows, avoiding the bioluminescent flora towards the source of the voice. Hoping to see what was happening, and plan his next move accordingly.

Sneaky
    (4d3)[3][1][2][2](8) 3
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-02-21 at 04:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

As the beams from the brainwashed soldiers flew past his head, Astral quivered in despair. He watched the Topaz's unwilling minions heading to his beloved Whinnielight. His legs wanted to buckle and drop him into a grovelling pose where he would comply with all of the Lantern's demands, if only they would stop destroying everything he loved.

But he saw Rocket charge the Lantern. Quiet tenacity had its limits, he decided.

Astral charged forward, headless of any danger, and joined Rocket behind Topaz. He leaned forward, and whispered in the Lantern's ear.

"This Pony has made dragons quiver with a word. I can tear apart your spell with my hooves. Yield to us."

There was no anger or passion in his words. Instead, they were drowned in a calm sea of vehemence, deep and dark.

OOC: Helping Rocket to give him +1 to his roll and burning a Fate point to invoke Astral's hatred of the Lanterns to give an additional +2.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Xazrith
    Spoiler
    Show

Like the supreme hunter he is, Xazrith sneaked into the shadows, the darkness cover him, and his sharp eyes reveal more or less the scene before him; in the canal a changling is pinned down, by a monstrouse crocodile-ish, beast hovering over the fragile bug.
    The Beast is as big as rhino, his back and legs were covered with layer of fungus, which smelled like.. fungus of sewer crocodile.
    On the edge of it's tail grew bulbose stalk with an eye, which looked around.

Xazrith might wonder, why the changilng stay- but as Xazrith shifting his weight between limbs, he feel rustling and thin object. Examining it will discover a dragonfly-like ripped wing.
    Also, he can see marks on the wall- this changling fought here, and got severly injured.

The changling kicked the jaw of the monster, squealing with terror, managing to buy to himself another moment of living. "BROTHERS!" He yelled with despair. "We are from the same hive! You can't do this to me!"

Ooc: You now have a situational advantage! Use it wisely.

Ruby Lantern roared and sent barrage of magic eye beams- luckily, the enchanted armory of the soldiers absorbs most of the damage- and exploded, sending them flying, steaming, barely alive.

Amber Lantern sent yellow ghastly beams, but rather then hitting the guard ponies- it stopped before them and took a shape... of their fears.
    For one guard, the yellow beam turned into giant spider, and crawled on his face- the gift and the orange faded from his eyes.
    "..S..stop it!" They begged. "We are sorry!"
    But there still were dozens more...

For other, the beam turned into a clown, for a third to a water elemental and so on.
    Fast as rocket, Rocket jump and avoid all the magical blasts, landed behind Topaz Lantern catching his throat, backed up by Astral.
    He chuckled. "My my. Aren't you bunch of tough guys? Sure. What ever." She shrugged, and the gifts have dissapeared, the guards stood confused and ashamed.
    "Now, that you have proven yourself as noble and mighty heroes, are you pleased with the show I have arranged for you? Now you will be popular here. You welcome." He smiled.
    "Don't be so uptight! It was merely an ice breaker! I would never steal your lovely ship. Now would I? Just wanted to reopen the negotions.. no hard feeling?"

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket come out off his ears as he hear his little speech about them be popular here. Their is a craxy anger in his eyes. He interrupt him: " SHUT UP! GUARDS, GET OFF OUR SHIP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR WOUNDED! "

Once everything seem in order, Rocket say to Topaz: " I havent meet one pony here who had some common sense. Who would want to be popular in such a kingdom ?! Now you listen to me well... You had the chance to walk away and instead threatened us. The only choice you have is letting us putting you unconscious... "

He start choking him as he whisper to his ear in a cold manner, full of killing intent: " Or die like the roach you are. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-02-28 at 12:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

The eye hadn't spotted him yet, which is good. Part of Xarzith was envious, a visual organ on the tail! Never having to watch one's back? Lucky. Then again, it is a vulnerability, sensory organs tend to be quite, well, sensitive. He didn't know why a changling was here in the first place, and it couldn't be for good reasons, but damned he is, if he doesn't save somedrake when he very well can.

Hey!! He exclaims as he leaps out from his vantage point. With claws outstretched, he sought to use the opportunity to land a sneak-attack, driving his claw and fangs into the creature's flesh, and using his other claw to attack the eye-stalk directly. Predators can be driven away when their sensory organs are attacked, and that is what Xarzith intended to do, force it to retreat for an easier meal.

Sneaky attacks!

(4d3)[1][1][2][2](6) +2

edit: The dice do not cooperate
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-02-28 at 06:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Were it another time, Astral would have harshly reprimanded Rocket for the extreme ultimatum he had offered to Topaz. But the Earth Pony mage was weary and furious.

"Let us avoid killing, if at all possible," was all he murmured to his comrade before addressing the Lanterns as a whole.

"Our job right now is to find the Golem. We are not going to negotiate with mind-contorlling traitors who would threaten us for turning down their deal. We will not suffer any further intimidation. Ruby and Amber, we will inform you of the Golem when we find it."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

"Let us avoid killing, if at all possible," was all he murmured to his comrade before addressing the Lanterns as a whole.
    Rocket do not reply to him but once Astral was distracted by his speeck to the lantern, he say in a whisper, very low for Astral to not hear but full of killing intent as he try to put him unconsious: " Go on, struggle. Use a magic trick. Give me a reason to kill you. Please. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-02-28 at 08:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Xazrith
    Spoiler
    Show

The surprise attack shock the "sewer-croc" ,Xazrith is also too fast- the slash made it squirm and roll away, and he managed to move the tail out of the other slash. The "Sewer Croc", with slightly injured waist now facing the new threat, narrowing his eyes and exposing a set of long and heavy fangs, growling.

Xazrith feel a strange itch at his claws, for now it merely annoying.

The changling panted. "...Are you from the... hive? You came back to save me?" He buzzed, fluttering his one wing, sound so...hopeful. "I promise.. I'll be useful. I still can be a spy here! I'll serve the hive with everything left of me! ... thank you!" He buzzed, struggling to get up.

Ooc: The advantage of surprise is still intact- the sewer croc is shocked, and won't do the first move.

The shocked guards instinctvly have obeyed the authorative tone of Rocket.

Ruby Lantern putted her shades back, and started to purr, and hum with delight. Something under the sleeve of her foreleg glowed with red. "Hmmm.. blood lust.. so rare among ponies.. and.. so filling..."

Topaz looked at Rocket and Astral, and then at Amber who also wore back his shades. Both of them bursted into laughter.
    "He really is adorable. Topaz. He probably feel so tough right now!" Amber laughed.

Topaz laughed. 'If you can pull it off, I'll be thankful. Hahahaha. Come on. Don't be shy."

Meanwhile, Amber started to research the ruins, as if the fun part is over for him.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #104

Stay down! Xarzith interrupted the changling as the creature spun around to meet him, though Xarzith was already on the move, moving perpendicular to the changling so as to not accidentally hit him when he inhaled sharply, opened his mouth, and let out a jet of frigid air from his breath.

Use a point with Ancestral Frost Dragon aspect on using Breath Weapon. Plus advantage, it's a +5 to attack
    (4d3)[1][2][1][3](7) +4
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-03-01 at 03:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

An Inauspicious Storm

Finally, you were getting to see the ship. Some time ago, you had been approached and interviewed by various representatives of the mysterious Cabal Astra, as well as some new organisation called the Harmony Fleet. There was a magnificent airship, one meant to fly to the dark corners of the world to fight evil and bring Harmony. It needed a crew, and you were the four who had ultimately been selected. But today, after days of travel, public appearances, sealing of oaths and signing of contracts, you were going to be given your ship. You would get to fly the Whinnylight.

You marched up the stairs of the Skylaunch Airdock, one of six bases of operation the Kingdoms had built for the Harmony Fleet. It was a towering pile of marble, pillars and stained glass windows, yet somehow was still outdone in architectural absurdity by some of the surrounding structures in the Kingdom of Magic. A few other Ponies passed you by, all to busy setting up this new office to pay you any mind. Leading you was Clever Plan, the Pony who had conducted most of your interviews. She was also part of the crew though jokingly described her role as the Whinnylight's secretary.

"I'm sorry that things have been so crazy for you all," Clever mentioned as you ascended. "I rather wish we had all gotten a chance to know each other better before launching, but scheduling was already a nightmare." You had met each other to the extent of knowing names, but nothing more.

"I also rather wish they hadn't built this thing so tall!" she complained.

Spoiler: Dawn Blossom
    Show
    Outside, the blizzard still howled. The fabric of the tent twitched and quivered in the wind. A small magical lamp swung from the tent's spine, casting its soft purple glow over you. Hissing and crackling rose from the portable coal stove which sat in the center of the shelter. Beside it was a pile of tins containing preserves, trail crackers and other rations. Two thick sleeping bags lay on the ground. You could not say how long it had been since your older sister had vanished into the icy storm.

Camp had been erected under an awning that kept out the worst of the weather. It was composed of the living tent you now huddled in and another tent for supplies where the coal, shovel, ice-pick, metal detector and most of the relics of your sister lay. Before the storm, she had been scouring the plains of ice with the metal detector, making notes in her journal as she went. Once the blizzard started up, life was all but entirely confined to inside the tent, or under the awning during the occasional, short lulls in the storm. Every time you and your sister had cinched up you coats and peeked outside, the sky had been filled with dire, grey clouds.

When it became clear the storm might outlast the rations, your sister left. Her parting words reminded you how much you were loved, and that the crew of some magical airship was sure to come looking for you.

There was a soft popping sound, and the lamp above your head went out, leaving you in a world of warm darkness, battered by cold winds.

16. - Top - End - #106

Evanescent was ecstatic when she learned she would be sailing in the Harmony Fleet. If the rumors were true, then the presence of even one of these ships would have beaten back the Black Swarm. She looked forward to seeing the full extent of what they are fully capable of, and to lead as the flagship, the force to liberate the Kingdom of Kindness. But that was neither here nor there.

She looked over at Clever Plan. Wondering how much of her complaining was due to actual physical fatigue or irritation at starting a mission on such short notice, and the notice was VERY short.

We're saving some ponies. She replies. Surely. Er, we ARE saving ponies, right? We got called on short notice, I barely had time to do my mane. Which is a lot easier if you can change your appearance at-will. Just as long as she pretends to not see the green flames through her shut eyes.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket Blast was taking this promotion with pride. He was the captain! He just couldn't believe his good luck!

Well, his family influence probably helped, as well as his impressive background. Being a past Wonderbolt wasn't just for show. He had saved countless lives before.

But that was in a different Kingdom. Here, not everypony knew him... at least not yet. He knew it was just a matterof time before he had to brush off the mares with a broom to leave him alone.

Putting that thought aside, he refrained to see his coworkers as possible targets, Things could get messy if he did. He was listening Clever Plan without getting distracted and try to reassure her:

" It's fine, bureaucracy is also a nightmare. I'm sure this whole thing wouldn't be possible without you. I know you must be exhausted but once we are in the sky, you will have time to get a drink and relax. "

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan panted with an excitment. So much MAGIC, so many intresting poooonies..
    She barked happily. "Even brreau.. brroroo.. ermm.. paper wooork, can be adventure! Just look for the shiny parts!"
    "My Pooony friends! Let's breath out the baddy dark-cave-air abd breath in the adventure! Woof!"

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, the blizzard still howled. The fabric of the tent twitched and quivered in the wind. A small magical lamp swung from the tent's spine, casting its soft purple glow over you. Hissing and crackling rose from the portable coal stove which sat in the center of the shelter. Beside it was a pile of tins containing preserves, trail crackers and other rations. Two thick sleeping bags lay on the ground. You could not say how long it had been since your older sister had vanished into the icy storm.

Camp had been erected under an awning that kept out the worst of the weather. It was composed of the living tent you now huddled in and another tent for supplies where the coal, shovel, ice-pick, metal detector and most of the relics of your sister lay. Before the storm, she had been scouring the plains of ice with the metal detector, making notes in her journal as she went. Once the blizzard started up, life was all but entirely confined to inside the tent, or under the awning during the occasional, short lulls in the storm. Every time you and your sister had cinched up you coats and peeked outside, the sky had been filled with dire, grey clouds.

When it became clear the storm might outlast the rations, your sister left. Her parting words reminded you how much you were loved, and that the crew of some magical airship was sure to come looking for you.

There was a soft popping sound, and the lamp above your head went out, leaving you in a world of warm darkness, battered by cold winds.
    Dawn Blossom looked up from her sleeping bag, the tent now only lit by the embers of the coal stove. She was no fool -- if she was, her sister wouldn't have brought her to this place. She knew the coal was running low, and if she ran out of coal, she would freeze to death within hours. So instead she'd stacked the stove with as few coal bricks as possible and huddled inside her sleeping back for extra warmth.

It was difficult to say how long she'd been like that. She had brought a book with her to read, a technical manual on the workings of artificial constructs, so she had been passing the time with that when she wasn't sleeping. Rubbing her eyes as they adjusted to the dark, she slowly climbed out of her blanket and retrieved the lamp, opening the stove slightly more to better illuminate the tent. She briefly examined the lamp, then retrieved her tools and attempted to fix it.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-04-03 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy had never been up this high before. Earth Ponies stayed close to the soil. It was a strange and disorienting experience to see so far out over the land. But that was what she had signed up for, to see the land that she might figure out her place in it. And besides, she was not wholly an Earth Pony anyway.

Doubts had plagued her up until during the various interviews and signing of papers, little of which she really understood. But now, knowing she was to be part of the crew, those uncertainties had melted away. Mossy would be a champion of Ponykind, and of the Trees. It felt good to be able to say that.

"I still cannot grasp the purpose of all those papers," Mossy chuckled. "Seems simple enough to just save Ponies."

"Well, yes actually. Our first mission is something of a search and rescue operation," Clever replied to Nessy. "There is another member of your crew, Lily Blossom. She ran off on some expedition to the Frozen North a while ago, not content to wait around while you were all getting gathered. But, we haven't heard anything from her since, and are thus rather worried. Well be flying to her camp to see what happened. Hopefully, she just got distracted and lost track of time. Again." Clever shook her head as she finished talking and muttered some things under her breath.

Show
    All the shaking about had managed to slip the crystal in the lamp from its fitting. For anypony, it was an easy fix. You clicked the crystal back into place and once more the lamp shed its light.

Snuggling back into your sleeping back, you began pouring over the technical manual once more. Later, you took your rations of dry crackers, nuts, and preserved apple sauce. The lamp was turned off for the night, or at least what you were treating as night. It was all the same with the blizzard out.

You woke to find that the wind had largely subsided. There still was a stiff breeze blowing on the tent and a deathly chill clung to everything, but it was still a lull in the storm. A rare opportunity to get some more things from the supply tent, or simply stretch your legs and see the sun.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

All the shaking about had managed to slip the crystal in the lamp from its fitting. For anypony, it was an easy fix. You clicked the crystal back into place and once more the lamp shed its light.

Snuggling back into your sleeping back, you began pouring over the technical manual once more. Later, you took your rations of dry crackers, nuts, and preserved apple sauce. The lamp was turned off for the night, or at least what you were treating as night. It was all the same with the blizzard out.

You woke to find that the wind had largely subsided. There still was a stiff breeze blowing on the tent and a deathly chill clung to everything, but it was still a lull in the storm. A rare opportunity to get some more things from the supply tent, or simply stretch your legs and see the sun.
    Dawn Blossom woke up to a lull in the storm. Excited, she immediately dashed outside (she slept in her winter gear for warmth) and looked around, hoping to see her sister somewhere out there. Seeing nothing, she sighed and began setting about her work.

Sis had said that a magical airship would come to rescue her. She knew about it -- the Harmony Fleet. She knew her sister would be going away on one of those ships, and that she would not see her again for a long time, if ever. Perhaps that was one of the reasons that they went on this expedition, to spend some time together before they parted. Of course, Lily said that it was because she needed her help, which was true -- you never wanted to go to the Frozen North alone -- but she could have just not gone at all. But she did, and now....

Dawn set about gathering up supplies and moving them to the living tent. As many supplies as she could fit in -- not that there were that many left. Coal reserves were running low, but the shovel and pick would be useful. She also gathered up a few of her sister's relics and moved them to the tent as well. Once she was finished, she set her sights on the sky, trying to determine how long she had left before the blizzard resumed.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-04-03 at 01:33 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan barked. "Aww.. but papers are important! This how you follow stuff! and they are SO chewy!" she ran to the ship.
    "Well let's go save a friend in need! Woof!"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket chuckle at Roxan enthousiam: " Wait for me! "

Rocket and Roxan were being friends for a long time. He had hoped to be teamed up with her and luck was on his side as they had both applied for the job here but on different roles. He made a mental note to thank his sister for that, she was as good with bureaucracy as Clever Plan but she also knew the right people to convince to. She had a knack in finding what others wanted and find a way to give it to them. That was her special talent. It's something Clever Plan didn't have.

He knew he could trust Roxan sincerity. She didn't try to befriend him because she knew who he was. She was always so full of enthousiam and it was contagious. Sure it made him look a bit immature at time but it was nice to be able to get out of this personna of his and just enjoy the simplest things in life.

24. - Top - End - #114

The Frozen North?! Nessy exclaimed in surprise. The only thing that's there is ice and changlings. What did she hope to find? She started to get curious.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Clever Plan shrugged.

"Lily had mentioned something about the original Whinnylight, the one that the Pillars used to find the six Trees and defeat Discord," she said. Mossy muttered something under her breath. "But I've no idea why she is looking for it in the Frozen North." Clever glanced with a raised eyebrow at Mossy.

"I just heard that the Pillars had defeated him, and one day the chocolate rain stopped," she said. "I have no idea where their ship went."

A blast of wind hit you as your group finally made it to the top of the Skylaunch Airdock, exiting from the stairwell onto the main platform. It was almost entirely empty at the moment, save for your ship. The sleek craft, built of dark wood and shinning silver, sat like a nesting bird, its canvas wings folded at its side. Blazing at its prow was the symbol of the Harmony Fleet, and gold stencil on the side dubbed the ship "Whinnylight".

Currently, some Ponies were loading supplies and what looked like your luggage into the hold. Two more important looking Ponies stood by, watching the proceedings, but moved to meet your group as you approached. One was an aged Pegasus who wore the honorary uniform of a retired general from the Kingdom of Loyalty. On his hat was the pin marking him as the admiral of the Harmony Fleet. The other was a Unicorn mare, garbed in thick robes with the combined sun and moon motif of the Cabal Astra.

"Admiral Wind Rider!" Clever Plan exclaimed, snapping a quick salute.

"You have already briefed the crew on their mission?" the admiral inquired sternly, to which Clever nodded. Wind Rider eyed you all, seeming to linger on Roxan and Mossy Log. "We are really going through with this then."

"You approved the selection process," the Unicorn mare intoned. "I will not have you insult its results."

Show
    Looking up you saw a monochrome expanse of grey clouds and gently falling snow. A scant few blinding rays of the sun managed to lance through. The storm was fickle and conditions could worsen rapidly, but you guessed there could be a good few hours before you had to crawl back into the tent.

Looking at the horizon, you noticed something moving out there in the plain of white. The lumpy shape was barely distinguishable from the surrounding snow, but it was definitely moving. You realized it was moving towards your camp.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"The first Whinnylight?!" Roxan barked eith excitment. "This is a tale I must to hear!"
    She panted, admiring the marvelouse ship. "Pooony magic is so exciting!" The crystals of her jewels glowed brightly with her excitment.
    Roxan waved. "Helooo pooony admiral-" she perked her eara, noticing the salute of Clever Plan, and hurried to salute as well- just with the wrong hand.

"You are the old timer Wooonderbolt. Now aren't you?!" Roxan squeaked with admire.
    "I have heard you were the goodest boy in your pack! And the fastest too!"

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking up you saw a monochrome expanse of grey clouds and gently falling snow. A scant few blinding rays of the sun managed to lance through. The storm was fickle and conditions could worsen rapidly, but you guessed there could be a good few hours before you had to crawl back into the tent.

Looking at the horizon, you noticed something moving out there in the plain of white. The lumpy shape was barely distinguishable from the surrounding snow, but it was definitely moving. You realized it was moving towards your camp.
    Hope briefly sparked in Dawn Blossom that the figure might be her sister, finally returning, before she came to her senses. No, Lily didn't wear white winter gear, in fact that was the one color she wouldn't wear because it blended in with the landscape too well. No, this was something else. Dawn hurried back into the tent to grab her binoculars, turning them towards the moving figure.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-04-03 at 01:32 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket respected admiral Wind Rider position. He had the reputation of being one of the fastest Wonderbolt. As for Rocket, he was not the fastest but he was more balanced in his strenght. He focused mostly on combat while Wind Rider focused mostly on arial manouever, speed and scouting missions. At least thats what he heard.

He make a perfect salute: " Greeting Admiral! "

He forced himself to not smile at Roxan attempt at the salute and maintained his soldier composure in from of the Admiral.

He turn to the mare next to him: " May I humbly ask for your name, madam? "

His tone is noticably less stern and more warn when addressing the mare. Still acting like a soldier but his words looks less practiced and less like a drilling practice. His eyes sparkle with interest however. She is probably the one who approuved of Roxan application so he was grateful too...

29. - Top - End - #119

Seeing Clever, Rocket, and Roxan saluting. Though she recognized the gesture, she found it rather silly, though it did seem to be the expected thing to do, and now was not a time to do anything odd. Evanescent raised a hoof to her forehead, miming the salute of her shipmates, though hers was the clumsy salute of somepony who had absolutely no idea what they were doing. Though she felt somewhat envious of Roxan whose eagerness to please was palpable. However the exchange between the Admiral and this Cabalist mage really made her wonder who was really in charge.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"There will likely be time to tell it on the flight north," Clever mentioned to Roxan as they reached the top of the stairs.

Mossy threw up her own clumsy salute as she appraised the Ponies before her. Wind Rider didn't seem all that impressive to her, a aged stallion dressed up in a coat instead of armor. Nothing like the great Pegasi champions of old. It was at least comforting that the Cabal Astra remained, even their insignia being relatively unchanged. She shook her head and reminded herself not to dwell on the past.

"What? Uh, Starlight," the Unicorn stammered in response to Rocket's question, more confused than flustered.

"Well, yes, I have been noted for my flight speed and hold many records," Wind Rider replied to Roxan, not sounding quite so stern anymore. He also seemed to ignore all of the painfully incorrect salutes offered to him. "And I'm sure that some young hotshots have broken a few by now. But they aren't admiral of the Harmony Fleet, now are they? Experience counts for a great deal, remember that." Clever Plan nodded to the admiral mechanically. Mossy Log struggled to resist the urge to focus on the Whinnylight and not the officials in front of it.

Show
    Through the binoculars it became apparent that the shape was a creature of some kind. It almost looked like a Pony, just a very big, stout Pony with a coat so shaggy it concealed a great deal of their appearance. Great packs and blankets of some kind were strapped to their back, giving them the appearance of having a pronounced hump. You realized they had appeared white from a distance because they were coated in a layer of snow, as if they had been marching straight through the storm.

It also became apparent that they were advancing quite quickly on the camp, plowing through the snow drifts as if they were nothing. You couldn't be sure if they had seen you or not.