New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1404
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "Invasive... historians?" Mossy said, raising an eyebrow. "The sorts of historians I am framiliar with would not be a security concern to a hospital. What sort of historians do you have here?"
    She sigh very demissively: " You are clearly new to the Kingdom of Magic. Philosophy, debate and trying to discover the truth in all matter is part of our culture. And sometimes, well... they go overboard, like that group. Proving you are right is a common trap here for the ponies in the Kingdom of Magic. "

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

There were similar problems in the Kingdom of Kindness, before it fell. Philosophers, mathematicians, and the like, who came to a conclusion, and worked backwards, to try to support their conclusion, rather than base their conclusion on the supporting evidence. Ponies who'd rather be right, rather than be correct. Evanescent explained, having been in contact with similar ponies back home. Sometimes they cherrypick data. At worst, they'll directly alter the variables of an experiment to bring about their conclusions. In the context of historians, or any other 'experts' who want to be "right" about possessions, I wouldn't put it past them to deliberately force another pony to become possessed, just to do so. Or at least force us into a kafka-trap, where denying we are possessed, is proof of our being possessed.

So, uh, be careful who you talk to.

Er, i'm sorry.
    Evanescent turned red with embarrassment. I can ramble sometimes. But am I on-the-mark?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2020-06-19 at 12:08 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The nurse blink a bit abd seem to be more focused during Nessy explination. She is in fact a bit amused and interested. At the end, she smile and say: " So its not just here then. I would have thought that the Kingdom of Kindness would have being better, more... you know, kind. I mean, before their fall. That doesnt sound kind at all... "

She sigh, shake her head. She take a breath before continuing: " But yeah, you got the gist of it. "

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Nessy and Mossy warn the nurse they are going to see Grandmaster Messa relative and to warn Rocket Blast and Roxan. She doesnt mind.

After some searching, you find her niece home. And it doesnt look like you can get in. Its a big house but its surrounded by a forcefield. On the forcefield, there is quite a few fliers that seem to be stuck to the forcefield. All of them are saying " Protect our ponies, Protect the Truth " with a book logo and the is a lot of pidgeons... eating the fliers?

There is noponies around the house itself but you can see a few ponies outside. One of them, a older gentlecolt looking stallion with a suit and a tie look at the house hidden by the forcefield and sigh and shake its head. You see a mom switch side of the street to go on the other sidewalk to avoid getting close to the forcefield. She whisper something to her colt who look curiously at the house.

Feel free to interrogate ponies around.

(sorry for the delay guys. Im very worried about Igor and Hawk never replies anyway so it really is slowing down the roleplay. We might have to roleplay with two players only this episode.)

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy hesitantly plucked a flier from the force field and stuffed it into her saddlebags. She then went over to the older gentle-colt.

"Excuse me sir," she said. "But... what's going on with this place? Who's putting up all these fliers?"
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2020-06-25 at 06:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1326

Evanescent examined the fliers and the forcefield, unsure if it was to protect the occupant, or to keep something contained. Judging by the logo, she was immediately skeptical. Something was very wrong, here. Whose logo is this? Evanescent asked, to the older gentlecolt. Figuring it would be something he had seen before.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The gentlecolt is a bit surprised to be accosted this way, blink a few time but recover with a smile: " Oh. Ahem, first off, good day to both you. But I guess you two are worried or just in a hurry so I guess we can skip to teh heart of your questions. The answer for both of them is: The Historian Club. Our city organisation of historian. I hope you dont find it rude but I am guessing you two are new to this city isnt it? "

He seem kind and warm, a bit chatty... but a bit sad. Something definitly on his mind and even Mossy can see it.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan doesn't like it all. It feel wrong.
    She felt helpless, not knowing what can she say or do about it
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Yes, we're travelers," Mossy explained. "And, sorry to bother you just... there are many strange goings on in this town that are putting us on edge. I appreciate you being willing to talk." She offered a smile before continuing.

"We've heard these historians. Pushy historians as I understand it, making conclusions before looking for evidence. Something like that. Why are they plastering posters on this property? It's the home of Grandmaster Messa's niece, correct?" \

Mossy paused, feeling like she was talking the poor stallion's ears off. She took a breath.

"I'm sorry. You seem like you have a lot on your mind."

10. - Top - End - #1330

I'm Evanescent, and this is Mossy. She introduced the pair. There is just...a lot going on, right now.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The gentlecolt take Evanescent hoof and kiss it. " Its a pleasure to meet you. Evanescence, a lovely name. I am Rystic Study. Nice to meet you, both of you in fact."

He sigh, take a deep breath: " Yes, that is where Grandmaster Messa and her niece are living. Her name is Runic Pool. And from what I could gather, When the Historic Club was denied the right to manifest outside of the asylum, they decided to make a peaceful manifestation here instead. They arent violent but they seem to think that the " Curse of the witch" is more malign then what the autorities released. We arent sure if they are right about it but they are desperate for answers. I worry about Runic Pool, we are childhood friends. Those historian made it that she's confined inside and it prevent her from visiting her aunt at the asylum. "

==========

ROcket look also uneasy. The doctor, seeing you both have no question about it, push the button to talk to her: " They have being put up to speed. You can speak now."

Grandmaster Messa yawn and nods. " Doctor, please make it moka ice cream. I need to be awake a bit more. "

He assure her that he will. Rocket give a paper to Roxan to read. It says: " Can we do something about your condition? "

She shakes her head: " Not unless the curse is given to somepony else. It needs at least one anchor or so I heard. I dont know who would deserve that and beside, its my fault. I shouldnt have visited the that pipeline compagny despise the warning emitted from the city. And also, our doctor here managed to make a cure for depression out of my misery. I guess Im better be the one suffering for the sake of everypony else. "

Saying so, she look... completly disheartened, broken. Her eyes are actually a bit moist saying so and she rubs her eyes. Its a good thing Nessy isnt there.

" I... At least, I hope I can still agree to our condition while Im still in control of my magic. But the price has change. In my condition, money has no value. I already made a will giving everything I own to my niece Runic Pool but she is being missing lately. Im worried about her. She was... the best pony I ever teached and my pride and joy. I... if you dont mind... Help her finish the spell to move my mansion away from this city. It is her home and if she is unhappy in Witty Comeback, I can only at least allow her to keep her home no matter where it goes. That or ... I..."

Her eyes twitch creepily for a moment. A sudden spam make it stop but now she's is smiling. It seem like her tired trait are long gone. She chuckle and say: " What dont you marry her Rocket? I heard from Messa you travel all around the Kingdoms now. She will be happy with you. "

As she say that, a lot more gas is emited from her mouth and the valves start pumping it in the ceiling above.

The doctor sigh, shake his head: " When she worries about her niece, the Witch personnality take over more easily. She become less in control. While its helpful for me in getting more material for the depression cure, we also cant allow her mental state to detoriate. Grandmaster Messa deserve way better. And I hope you can help her grant her request Mister Rocket. "

Rocket nods with fervor, write down something in a hurry: " You can bet on it! I'll help her move away from Witty Comeback even if its the last thing I do! "

Rocket seem in a hurry to go, he look at Roxan to see if she has anything else to ask before leaving.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-06-30 at 10:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"How do they expect to get answers by harassing the Rystic Study?" Mossy asked before second guessing her own question and concluding these historians probably weren't actually interested in answers.

"Never mind. Do you think there's something we could do to get these historians to leave her alone? We have some experience with mediating conflicts."

13. - Top - End - #1333

Evanescent blushed, feeling flustered and somewhat uneasy at the taking of her hoof. As far as she thought, she hadn't done anything to deserve this kind of gesture. Um, thank you. She smiled awkwardly, glancing at Mossy for help.

Being skeptical of authority is one thing, but entrapping a pony in their own house!? That's injustice. By all rights, that dome should come down.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan just look sad and helpless.
    'Sure. We'l help.' she said simply wanting to get away already.
    'Let's go,'

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket get stopped by the nurse who tell him where Nessy and Mossy went. A strange smile on her face is there when they leave and she snort. But she quickly return to her paperwork.

Rocket and Roxan were especially fast and they arrive near the house. They spot Nessy and Mossy and goes to them. Seeing the gentle colt, he nods to him but cant say anything. He write down: " We can catch up to speed once the civilian is out off the way," indicating Rystic Study.

Rhystic Study doesnt know where to continue it seems, hesitating on how to follow the conversation. He decide to present himself: " I An Rystic Study, nice to meet you. I hope your illness will go away and that yoU'll be healthy pretty soon mister. Oh and a DIamond DOg! I only saw them in books! "

He look fascinated to meet Roxan. His eyes are sparking with curiosity and interest.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan smile. It remind her university years.
    "Yep. I am Roxan. A geoligist Crystal expert and a treasure hunter!' And offer her paw for shake.
    "We usually keep to ourselves... but the barrens were boring to me"

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy could only awkwardly smiled back at Nessy, similarly perplexed by the gentlecolt's manners. She spaced out for a moment, thinking about what a kiss on the hoof meant.

"The Grandmaster's niece lives here," she told Roxan and Rocket at last, hoofing behind herself at the flier-plastered dome. "A society of historians have forced her into seclusion. We need to find them and get them to stop."

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan blink, tilting her head.
    'Why would they trap her? Is she dagerouse?'

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #1339

They believe she may be possessed, and are trapping her in her own home. Now to be fair, we can't rule out that they have some evidence we have not seen, and they have not presented, for her being possessed. But from what I have already seen? Evanescent gives a glowering look to the dome. No, it doesn't matter if she's possessed and extremely dangerous, or not. This is wrong.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2020-07-03 at 09:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

"Well. As true it for strange earth formation, and bizzare archeological findings... sometimes, there is a good reason for things to be as they are." Roxan say.
    "Circutmances might have changed, but maybe we need to know what are we getting ourselves into"

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy glanced at the posters, then back at Roxan and Nessy.

"I suppose we must give them the benefit of the doubt. But if they had compelling evidence, why would they not come forward with it? And with all this harassment of the Grandmaster's niece, I cannot say i have a high opinion of them."
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2020-07-03 at 02:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket scratch his head, write down: " How about we talk to her instead? Grandmaster Messa asked as payment that we help her finish a spell that would allow her to literrally make her house be able to walk away from this place, make it a either a walking house or some kind of flying ship like us. I doubt the shield goes underground so ROxan could make us a way to get to her."

Rhystic Study shake ROxan paw with pleasure: " If you are your friends here want to return to Wittu COmeback, It will be my pleasure to have you guys as guests. Especially you miss Roxan and Miss Evanesance, I wanna hear more about you two. But unless you guys dont need me anymore, I'll get going? You seem awfully busy... "

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I'm not sure Runic Pool would appreciate us breaking through her barrier and into her home, even if we are here to help," Mossy pointed out. "Perhaps there is some way we could knock or otherwise alert her to our presence?"

She turned to Rhystic Study. "Yes, thank you for your time."

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan wag her tail. "Maybe later. Especialy if you have some nice bones."
    And back to her group.
    "Well, I guess it does sound bad. But if she IS dangerouse, what we will do, once we have her?"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #1345

There is one thing: Where are the Historians located? We are new in town, and you have been very helpful, Mr. Study.

Also, Mossy, Runic did not raise the barrier, the Historians did, as a containment method.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    There is one thing: Where are the Historians located? We are new in town, and you have been very helpful, Mr. Study.

Also, Mossy, Runic did not raise the barrier, the Historians did, as a containment method.
    Rhystic raise his off: " A-Actually, she did it herself. That's why the shield stucked on the fliers you can see. It calmed the Historian Club down, seeing this as half a victory I think. They agreed at her demand to leave her alone as long as she keep isolating herself for the sake of the city. This kind of forcefield isn't soundproof though. If you made enough noise, you could maybe call her out? Maybe you could borrow an loudspeaker or something? "

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Thank you for the clarification Rhystic Study," Mossy said. "I had just assumed she had put it up to keep the historians out." She turned to Roxan.

"We're here to help Runic," she stated flatly. "Do you have any sound amplifying crystal, or should we go buy a megaphone from some shop in town?"

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

"I actually do happen, to have such crystal!" Roxan smiled.
    "It was a noble mare, who her screeched were actually magical!"

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #1349

Well, I stand corrected then. I must have misinterpreted. Evanescent answered the correction. Though making a lot of noise might attract a lot of attention. Perhaps we should keep the Historians busy?

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket write down furiously: " I'll put them all under arrest if one even dare to complain against lawful action. But althought doing so is a waste of our time, the final decision has to come from you Nessy. "

Rocket feel... troubled since you saw him again. On edge and ... sad. You can easily guess it comes from this horrible place and that somehow, it affected him more then Roxan has.