New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Even at a glance, the tracks were very clearly not made by a pony. What exactly they were the tracks to however, you could not say. They entered the camp at one angle, wove around between the tents in a chaotic mess, and then left at another. The prints in the snow grew fainter as they moved away from the camp, perhaps concealed by the snowfall.

"Little pony," the yak muttered, shuffling over. "Do you expect your sister to return?"
    Dawn Blossom paused in her examinations, turning her attention back to the tent. She began gathering up some snow to melt for water -- she was suddenly really thirsty.

"She has to," she muttered. "She promised."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

"Are... you scienctist? You talk a loooot like my proffesors does!" Roxan has asked Nessy.

"No... belly rubs for Mossy?" Roxan whined with compassion, and then tilted her head.
    "Aww. It's so cute!" She stared st the moth.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Er, no. Just curious, is all. Nessy replied slightly nervously, not sure how to respond to Roxan's enthusiasm. I was a Librarian by trade.

Oh wow!
    Nessy looked over with fascination towards the large moth. It's furry thorax looked so inviting, she had to restrain herself from trying to pet it right then and there. So much floof! She said admiringly, meanwhile Fluffy snaked around and flew towards Venderbright, sniffing the moth curiously.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket is relief by the answer. Not that he planned to sleep with Mossy though... Clever Plan And Nessy had more chance to be on his list... if he hasnt made his resolution not to.

He avoid the moth all together. It looked fluffy but he didn't want to hurt it.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Venderbright fluttered from Pony to Pony, his little feet tickling wherever he landed. Finally, he came to rest back on Mossy's head, wide black eyes gazing at the colorful serpent. Mossy was a little startled when Fluffy came to close to her moth, but quickly relaxed when she realized the aurora serpent was just curious.

"Well, it's been nice seeing the floofy members of the crew," Clever mentioned. "But in a bit, we should be getting close to the Frozen North. The weather there is even worse than the Expanse, so we'll need to be on the bridge and on our hooves shortly." She rushed back into her room to straighten some things out before trotting off to the bridge.

"Say bye bye Venderbright!" Mossy cooed, her moth obliviously waving its antenna. She quickly slipped back into her room to leave Venderbright there before returning to the bridge.

Spoiler: Dawn Blossom
    Show
    "She promised, and I am sure would return if at all able," the yak said. "But the frozen wastes are dangerous. It is possible she lost her life to them."

As if to punctuate the yak's point, the wind began to howl with renewed ferocity. Snow danced across the wide arctic plane, like vague specters.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-04-15 at 05:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

"Librarian?!" Roxan didn't seemed any less excited.
    "Woof! I see you are a poooony of culture as well!" She said to Nessy.

'Bye bye Venderbright!" She waved.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket clasp his hooves to get the attention of everypony: " Ok everypony, listen! The winter attire given by the Harmony Fleet also serve as uniform, be sure to wear them without any accssoiries of your own. That mean you Roxan, leave your hat behind, it's not warm enough for the weather we are going into anyway" He say with a wink to her.

"They are right next to the emergency exit, near the short distance teleporters. This will be the occassion to familiar yourself with them. If you are sensible to teleportation, take a nausea pill now. Do not worry, you should get used to it after a few times. Get back to the bridge when you are ready"

(If he find himself alone with Roxan, he give her a big her and tell her he is so glad she's here. If somepony happened to see it, it would clash with his serious look as he would look like super happy and excited.)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-04-16 at 12:48 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

"She promised, and I am sure would return if at all able," the yak said. "But the frozen wastes are dangerous. It is possible she lost her life to them."

As if to punctuate the yak's point, the wind began to howl with renewed ferocity. Snow danced across the wide arctic plane, like vague specters.
    Dawn looked down for a minute, then shook her head. She dashed back into her tent, beckoning the yak to follow her out of the cold. She shoveled a bit more coal into the stove before grabbing one of the books, a book on identifying various animals of the Frozen North.

"Did you recognize those tracks?" she asked, snuggling into her sleeping bag to keep warm.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan shrugged. "I never needed fancy attire for little snow. But sure!"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #160

Oh, we're already on the clock! Nessy exclaimed in surprise. Fluffy floated back to the yellow Earth Pony* who calmly lead the cerulean iridescent serpent into her room, assuring the animal that she will be back very soon.

She then proceeded towards the teleporters where Rocket mentioned and went for the winter clothes mentioned.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy quickly stopped by emergency exit to pick up her winter gear, shuddering at the idea of teleportation. She wondered if her strange biology could survive simply falling off the side of the Whinnylight?

On the bridge, Clever was standing at the ship's wheel, carefully looking over the various dials and instruments. Out the windows, you saw that the ship was currently flying over a snowy northern reach of the Expanse. Ahead, the trees thinned to give way to a bleak plane of ice. Beyond that was only a wall of dense storm clouds. Even now, the Whinnylight jostled slightly in the wind and flecks of snow flew onto the windows. A distant howl rang through the noise of the wind.

"Unfortunately captain, that huge storm is our destination," Clever muttered to Rocket as he arrived. "There is Pegasus magic in this ship so it might, might be able to fly through a storm like that. We could also try and wait it out before making our final approach. I've no idea how long that would take however, and we don't have unlimited power for the ship."

Pulling a level, Clever gently lowered the ship's speed, so it wasn't flying into the storm. Abruptly, an especially sharp jolt shook the craft.

"I'm pretty sure that wasn't me," Clever said, looking over her console.

Show
    Inside the tent, you found the pile you had made of books you your sisters things knocked over. Perhaps by the wind?

It was a struggle, but the yak managed to squeeze herself inside the tent, taking up a good half of the space. The tent quivered in the ferocious storm and the light from outside vanished.

"I am not familiar with those tracks," the yak muttered. "Few creatures live in these lands. Even yaks only come here occasionally."
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-04-18 at 08:02 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Plus, anything could happen while we're waiting for the storm to pass. Nessy points out as she trots for the teleporter, slipping on to the heavy winter coat. Er, what did we hit? What COULD we have hit? She asked as she went over to a porthole closest to where she heard the banging, attempting to spot any evidence of what had happened.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside the tent, you found the pile you had made of books you your sisters things knocked over. Perhaps by the wind?

It was a struggle, but the yak managed to squeeze herself inside the tent, taking up a good half of the space. The tent quivered in the ferocious storm and the light from outside vanished.

"I am not familiar with those tracks," the yak muttered. "Few creatures live in these lands. Even yaks only come here occasionally."
    Dawn closed the book and began reorganizing all of the stuff that had gotten knocked over. It was weird that it had gotten knocked over, considering the tent was windproof and tied tightly enough to the ground to keep it from budging, but there wasn't much she could do about that now. If it had been some wild animal looking for food, it would have been sorely disappointed anyway. She was more concerned about making sure all of the artifacts her sister had found were still there and intact, as well as her mechanics books.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket get his winter gear and go back to the bridge. Once they are shook by the jolt, he bolt outside to have a better look...

(Sorry for short reply, I'll try to post a bigger one next time)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-04-18 at 09:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan gotten back wearing the winter gear.
    "Oh. I guess we have moles. I'll chase them off!" She barked, and ran ro look for the.. moles(?)

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Out on the deck, Rocket found the weather harsh but bearable in his coat. Looking down, he couldn't see anything besides the barren ice plains below. He glanced up just in time to see a horse-shaped cloud of icy vapor barreling down on him from above.

"Do dragons live in icy places like this?" Mossy pondered as she moved over to a porthole like Nessy.

They then saw what looked like a translucent Pony made of snow and ice barrel past the porthole. It fly up to the wings of the ship and began letting loose a blizzard like breath upon them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rocket should roll a defense against an attack

Show
    To your relief, all of your books and your sister's belongings were there and undamaged. Every last tin of rations was there as well, untouched.

Any real sense of time vanished in the tent as you waited for the storm. From under her coat, the yak produced a metal bowl and a wooden wand. Holding, the bowl level in one hoof and grasping the wand with her mouth, the yak began steadily running the wand around the rim of the bowl. A single, unwavering tone filled the air, gentle under the rushing wind outside.

At one point you fell asleep listening to that sound, and woke to it as well. The stove ate up the coal fed to it with crackling hunger. You and the yak ravenously bit into your respective rations. She played her bowl some more before putting the instrument away. Periodically, the yak would remain almost perfectly still, though you never were sure if she was actually sleeping. Both of your breaths hung in still, warm air as the tent shivered in the gale. Perhaps at one point she began playing the bowl again. You were not exactly sure. Sleep came and went.

Your sister was asking for help.

Then you were awake. The yak lay still, plumes of vapor puffing out of her nostrils. Little light came through the tent, though the shaking had stopped and the wind was not so loud. Perhaps nighttime, or some arctic twilight. If nothing else, it was an opportunity to stretch your legs, and relieve this oppressive cabin fever.

17. - Top - End - #167

Yes, actually. Evanescent answered as they both peered out the viewport. She noted Mossy's peculiar smell. Not offensive by any means but...very earthy. Vaguely similar to freshly cut grass. Dragons can live anywhere, ice dragons would live in the North, but it's rare to see them outside their Homeland- Then the creature of ice and snow rushed past them, transluscent gusts of ice and snow forming the vague shape of a horse. It felt colder, to simply see it rush by.

But that was NOT a dragon. Come on, Rocket's gonna need our help! She exclaimed, turning tail and hoofing it up to the deck.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket dodge the attack skillfully at lightning speed and then charge the beast that attack the wings... A blast of smoke and cinder-like light appear when he was a moment ago. It crackle like crackers and burning firewood. The next moment, you see him hitting the beast! It's almost like he teleported, it was so fast!

He hit it hard and then fly away out of reach... You hear his voice: " Those who can't assist me, try to start the wind forcefield! "

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan ran on all four. "Don't worry Cap'! I got just the thing!" She barked.
    She stopped and pulled a red crystal from her bracelet, and it started to glow with magic.
    "It's just a warm up!" She held the crystal and released a fire bolt from it toward the ice monster.
    The crystal has lost it's color and glow.

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

To your relief, all of your books and your sister's belongings were there and undamaged. Every last tin of rations was there as well, untouched.

Any real sense of time vanished in the tent as you waited for the storm. From under her coat, the yak produced a metal bowl and a wooden wand. Holding, the bowl level in one hoof and grasping the wand with her mouth, the yak began steadily running the wand around the rim of the bowl. A single, unwavering tone filled the air, gentle under the rushing wind outside.

At one point you fell asleep listening to that sound, and woke to it as well. The stove ate up the coal fed to it with crackling hunger. You and the yak ravenously bit into your respective rations. She played her bowl some more before putting the instrument away. Periodically, the yak would remain almost perfectly still, though you never were sure if she was actually sleeping. Both of your breaths hung in still, warm air as the tent shivered in the gale. Perhaps at one point she began playing the bowl again. You were not exactly sure. Sleep came and went.

Your sister was asking for help.

Then you were awake. The yak lay still, plumes of vapor puffing out of her nostrils. Little light came through the tent, though the shaking had stopped and the wind was not so loud. Perhaps nighttime, or some arctic twilight. If nothing else, it was an opportunity to stretch your legs, and relieve this oppressive cabin fever.
    Dawn Blossom spent pretty much the entire time focusing on her books. There had to be some way out of there. One of the supplies they brought was some explosives to trigger controlled avalanches during excavations, maybe she could somehow modify those to blow away the clouds. Or maybe she could use it as fuel to mobilize the tent, turning it into transportation out of there. Her sister had said that help was coming, but ... it had been so long....

As the wind seemed to let up, Dawn poked the sleeping yak.

"Hey. The wind's let up a bit," she said, in case the yak wanted to go outside and stretch. She went outside to the supply tent and began scavenging around for whatever supplies they had left.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I'm on it captain!" Clever shouted to Rocket as she began furiously working the console. Everyone felt the engines roar with strength and the air around the Whinnylight grew abruptly calm. The two beasts made of icy wind were thrown back from the ship, as if struck by a physical wall.

Capitalizing on this advantage, Roxan's fire bolt flew true and slammed into its target, punching a hole in the form of the translucent ice horse. The creature then exploded into a thousand sizzling fragments as Rocket struck it with an explosive force.

Mossy noted that Nessy was quite knowledgeable, even on more obscure topics like dragons. Perhaps Nessy could explain to her, in greater detail, what had transpired since she had been lost to the Everfree. The icy creature zipping past snapped her out of these ruminations, and Mossy bolted off to the deck.

"Windigos!" she exclaimed. "By the Tree, I though these spirits had been banished by Friendship's Fire!"

Both Nessy and Mossy burst onto the deck, in time to see Rocket and Roxan detonate one of the creatures. Everyone on deck also saw the second one desperately reaching for the Whinnylight's wings, but held away by the bubble of air surrounding the ship.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Activate the Wind Forcefield (4d3)[11] + 3 - 8 = 6 Created the aspect [Wind Forcefield] which Clever gets one free activation of. She'll use it to help out Roxan's attack.

Dodge Roxan (4d3)[9] + 2 - 8 = 1
    Dodge Rocket (4d3)[8] + 2 - 8 = 0

Freeze the wings (4d3)[7] + 2 - 8 = -1
    Attack Rocket (4d3)[8] + 2 - 8 = 0

Show
    The yak emitted a particularly large puff of vapor and wordlessly left the tent to begin slowly pacing around the camp site. From the supply tent, you retrieved the last of the rations and coal. It was somewhat unsettling to be able to see all the food you had access to.

Looking out at horizon, you saw dense white clouds rolling over the icy plains. Your camp was in fairer weather, even if your surroundings were still wracked by the blizzard. There was also something else much closer to the camp. A tall figure, struggling through the snow, indistinct against its surroundings. The figure was close enough that you could make out its heading, which seemed to be some random direction into the Frozen Wastes.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-04-21 at 11:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan "Wooof! What shall we do with this one?!"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #173

I got an idea! Nessy exclaimed as she scampered downstairs. Now it was time to use their training to its best advantage. She went over to the wing controls. Most of it was controlled magically, all that needed to happen was to pull the right levers. Her plan, to pull the wing under attack by the Wendigo backwards, then suddenly thrust it forward, slamming it into the cold beast.

Clever
    (4d3)[1][3][2][1](7) 2
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-04-23 at 08:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[SPOILER=Dawn Blossom]The yak emitted a particularly large puff of vapor and wordlessly left the tent to begin slowly pacing around the camp site. From the supply tent, you retrieved the last of the rations and coal. It was somewhat unsettling to be able to see all the food you had access to.

Looking out at horizon, you saw dense white clouds rolling over the icy plains. Your camp was in fairer weather, even if your surroundings were still wracked by the blizzard. There was also something else much closer to the camp. A tall figure, struggling through the snow, indistinct against its surroundings. The figure was close enough that you could make out its heading, which seemed to be some random direction into the Frozen Wastes.
    Dawn Blossom grabbed her binoculars and looked towards the figure, attempting to identify it.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket try to charge again... He try to aim for a blind spot without hitting the wing. He goes for a other " Red Glare ":

(4d3)[3][3][3][3](12)

EDIT: HOLY! Well I guess I hit him hard?! O_O
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-04-24 at 12:40 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Clever Plan stepped aside to allow Nessy space to work the console. The wing pulled back, any ice which had formed on it falling away in the process, then snapped forward with a vicious force.

Abruptly, there was a deafening boom and a blinding flash of crimson light. A cascade of sizzling pops and sparkling motes of fire rained down from where the ice-horse had once been. The wind howled, almost sounding like cries of pain.

In stunned silence, Clever watched the display from the bridge.

"Whoah!" Mossy exclaimed as she saw Rocket explode the other monster. "A spectacular display Rocket!" she cheered before pausing.

"Wait, did you just blow up a spirit?" she asked, perplexed.

"Dazzling work captain!" Clever finally called down from the bridge. "We've no idea how many more of those things are out there. Perhaps we should fly to Lily Blossom's camp immediately?"

Show
    The creature was bipedal and quite lanky, covered in a coat of white fur, or maybe snow. It clutched a feeble cloak around itself and wore nothing else. From under the cloak's hood, you could tell little about its face, though horns of some kind protruded from its head. Suddenly, the creature fell down and convulsed, as if in pain.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-04-24 at 09:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The creature was bipedal and quite lanky, covered in a coat of white fur, or maybe snow. It clutched a feeble cloak around itself and wore nothing else. From under the cloak's hood, you could tell little about its face, though horns of some kind protruded from its head. Suddenly, the creature fell down and convulsed, as if in pain.
    Dawn Blossom quickly dropped the binoculars and retrieved the flags and a medicine kit. "I'll be right back!" she called to the yak. Placing flags as she went, so as not to get lost, she made her way out towards the figure.

"Hey!" she called out, as soon as she was within hearing range. "Are you okay?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket, feeling proud of himself, land right next to Roxan, making a small gust of wind flap her ears. He chuckle and scratch her behind the ears: " Nice work but don't worry too much about me. I'm strong after all! "

He turn to the others: " Wendigos are a threat to everything alive. Do not worry about their faith. We should try to land as soon as possible and get information I'll go with Clever suggestion. Now let's get inside, it's freezing out here! "

Rocket get himself a cup of hot cocoa from the machine next to the exit. He get one for Roxan as well. He was a bit layback as he wasnt the main pilot of this huge ship after all.

Once he got his drink in his spillfree container, he goes on his chair and watch the landing preparations.

29. - Top - End - #179

Captain, I saw this...red laser blast the Wendigo. Evanescent reported as the captain stepped back inside. I don't know what could have caused it, but we should keep an eye open. It appears to be on our side, so that's a good thing.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Captain, I saw this...red laser blast the Wendigo. Evanescent reported as the captain stepped back inside. I don't know what could have caused it, but we should keep an eye open. It appears to be on our side, so that's a good thing.
    " It was me Nessy. My special move " Red Glare ". It's a rare kind of magic that pegasis can unleash. For pegasis, those who can do this are a source of admiration and awe... Or anypony pony else for that matter. It's that rare, flashy and overcharged with energy! "

He winks at her playfully but it could be misinterpreted as seductive, ROcket just look good and his self confidence IS attractive.