New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

'OOOoooOOo! That was amazing!' Roxan barked and started to sip from her cup.
    'I wish I could have caught the red light in a crystal.. oh well.' she shrugged.

'Maybe I could capture one of those wind ponies inside a crystal?'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

"I meant that I thought only friendliness and warmth could banish Windigos," Mossy said as she trotted back to the bridge. "But perhaps things have changed."

"I will have to deactivate the wind shield. In really bad weather it would drain our power reserves to much," Clever announced as she turned the Whinnylight towards the roiling storm clouds. "Hold on everyone."

The Whinnylight dismissed its shield and shot ahead to be swallowed by the raging blizzard. Sheets of snow whirled through the air, leaving you all but blind. Under your hooves, you felt the craft buck and jostle in the grip of the wind. Frantic clanking as Clever worked the console and the strained whine of the engine filled your ears.

Abruptly, the view out the front window cleared as you passed out of the worst of the storm, to reveal a icy mountain directly in your path. To avoid a collision, Clever threw the wheel and sent the ship banking sharply away from the obstacle. Steadying out, the Whinnylight then gradually descended to the plain of snow beneath it before folding its wings and gently touching down.

"That went about as well as could be expected," Clever muttered. "Did anyone see the camp while we came down?"

Spoiler: Dawn Blossom
    Show
    The yak gave a snort of recognition and continued pacing.

When you got back, the creature had gotten up and was stumbled its way towards you. Up close, it loomed over you even in its hunched posture. Besides its cloak, the creature wore cloth wrappings over its feet, hands, and long snout which emitted a steady stream of vapor. Two piercing cerulean eyes gazed down at you.

"C...cold," the creature uttered. "Come back to your camp?"

Abruptly, there was a loud whooshing sound high above. You glanced up to see a graceful ship with two outstretched wings soar towards the mountain. The craft was beautiful, a marvel of engineering emblazoned with Pony iconography. It sharply turned away from the rock and flew off to land some distance away in the icy fields.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

Nessy blinked, twice. There was pride in Rocket's emotions, not the fear usually present with a liar. Well, it's pretty impressive. She replied, smiling. It actually did look like a laser, I swear I didn't see you traveling at all.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    The yak gave a snort of recognition and continued pacing.

When you got back, the creature had gotten up and was stumbled its way towards you. Up close, it loomed over you even in its hunched posture. Besides its cloak, the creature wore cloth wrappings over its feet, hands, and long snout which emitted a steady stream of vapor. Two piercing cerulean eyes gazed down at you.

"C...cold," the creature uttered. "Come back to your camp?"

Abruptly, there was a loud whooshing sound high above. You glanced up to see a graceful ship with two outstretched wings soar towards the mountain. The craft was beautiful, a marvel of engineering emblazoned with Pony iconography. It sharply turned away from the rock and flew off to land some distance away in the icy fields.
    Dawn Blossom nodded to the stranger. "Of course," she said. "We're out of food though, so unless you brought some...." She gestured towards the line of flags leading back to the campsite. She began leading the way back when the Whinnylight flew overhead, drawing her attention.

"That's the Whinnylight!" Emotions surging in her heart, she dashed back towards camp (leading the stranger) and went to make sure everything was packed up and ready to move to the ship. She needed to be fast, as the weather could turn at any moment....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan's ears floated in the wind.
    "OOoooOOOoooO! Let's find friend and ancient ship! Let's worry about mystery lazer later!"

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" She meant me Roxan. And Mossy, let's just say my " Red Glare" move is as hot as me," he say with a wink.

OCC: Should we roll something to have SPOT the camp? What roll would that be?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I agree with Roxan. Let us get to saving Ponies," Mossy said, wanting to skirt away from the topic of Rocket's hotness.

Fortunately, Nessy had seen a trail of colorful flags extending out from the mountain as the Whinnylight landed. Looking in the direction she indicated, everyone was able to make out a small awning in the frozen mountain.

"A sensible site for a camp and a good place to look," Clever mentioned as she dropped the ramp from the deck to the ground. "I will remain with the ship. Good luck to you all."

Marching to the camp proved to be no easy task. The snow was thick and fresh, and so the stronger members of the party had to practically plow a path through it. Fortunately, the air was presently calm and so periodically Rocket could fly up to make sure the group was still on the proper course. Above, the bulbous white clouds drifted uncertainly as if contemplating whether to storm. Eventually, you drew close enough to the mountain that you could see the whole awning. There were no tents under it, but you saw three figures. One was small and barely discernible, another was a hulking mound of a creature and the final one was tall and bipedal.

Spoiler: Dawn Blossom
    Show
    "Thanks..." the creature uttered as it began following you back. It glanced up when the Whinnylight flew over and muttered something under its breath. Still, it matched your haste back to the camp.

When you returned, the yak was busy player her bowl, oblivious to you. Working quickly you took down the tents and began packing everything you could. The bipedal creature insisted on helping. It seemed interested in your sister's things.

Abruptly, the yak's music stopped. She had risen from her sitting position and was now advancing on the bipedal creature.

"Leave us, wicked spirit," she said, threateningly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry that this post is kind of awkward, the timing of events didn't line up quite as well as I would have liked. The Dawn Blossom segment is occurring while the rest of the party is marching to the camp. Anything that happens from this point on is visible to them.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-04-27 at 03:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks..." the creature uttered as it began following you back. It glanced up when the Whinnylight flew over and muttered something under its breath. Still, it matched your haste back to the camp.

When you returned, the yak was busy player her bowl, oblivious to you. Working quickly you took down the tents and began packing everything you could. The bipedal creature insisted on helping. It seemed interested in your sister's things.

Abruptly, the yak's music stopped. She had risen from her sitting position and was now advancing on the bipedal creature.

"Leave us, wicked spirit," she said, threateningly.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=OOC]Sorry that this post is kind of awkward, the timing of events didn't line up quite as well as I would have liked. The Dawn Blossom segment is occurring while the rest of the party is marching to the camp. Anything that happens from this point on is visible to them.
    Dawn Blossom noticed that the new guy was interested in her sister's things, so she stood close to them, keeping an eye on them and not letting them out of her sight. However, she was still startled by the yak's outburst.

"W-Wait a second! What's going on?!" she asked, startled.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket guided the group properly. He didnt want to leave them behind though...

" I think I see three creature ahead. They don't seem aggressive so far but they must be sentinent to have put those flags. I hope it's our target. "

OCC: I thought Clever would always stay on the ship to guard it? How about one of us is carrying the flag instead?
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-04-26 at 04:05 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190

I think one of them is a pony. Evanescent could just make out one of them if she squinted. Its silouhette was almost certainly pony-shaped, though what the others were, she couldn't quite tell. Regardless, she kept putting down flags as they traveled, lest they lose their hoofprints in the snow in case the weather turns pear-shaped in the next five minutes.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan sniffed the air, trying to learn more facts of the other group.
    "Let's say hello!"

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

This post was accidentally overwritten. It was late, and I was tired. Sorry for the lost content.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-04-28 at 10:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

To Dawn Blossom and her strange company, she saw a group of three Ponies and a diamond dog enter the former campsite. They were wearing matching jackets that bore the same symbol seen on the Whinnylight. The tall creature bolted up from its work, startled, and whipped between the new arrivals and its accuser.

"That creature reeks of the same magic in this storm," the yak continued. "I will not let such a wicked spirit near my charge."

"Preposterous... I almost froze to death in that storm..." the tall creature stuttered, before pointing at the Whinnylight's crew. "Who are you? Why are there so many Ponies in the North..."
    "Then why did they almost die?" Dawn Blossom pointed out. "And even if so, we can't just abandon them. My sister wouldn't have wanted that. She---" Suddenly, she cut herself off, noticing the figure pocketing one of her sister's journals.

"Hey! Give that back!" she snapped, her mood taking a complete 180. She would not let this figure make off with her sister's stuff!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #194

H-hey! Evanescent raised an alarm when she picked up on Dawn's violent mood-swing. What's going on? She squinted, trying to get a better idea of what was happening, reaching out with her empathy-sense to pick up on the emotions of everyone.

Clever, using Changeling Abilities aspect to read emotions
    (3d4)[4][4][4](12)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket is ready to take action toward the stramge bipedal creature if it turned hostile. Since both the yak and now the filly seemed to be angry at it, He focus uintensively of attacking the thing at the smallest sigh of aggression...

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan smiled. How curios!
    She stepped forward, waving.
    'Woof! I am Roxan The Diamond Dog! And we are from the Fleet Of Harmony! We came to find a lost friend!'

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #197

Evanescent reached out with her hoof on to Rocket's withers. Calm down, no need to do anything rash.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Roxan
    Show
    Unfortunately, there was little else you could deduce from the smells. Besides, you nose was getting cold and you didn't want to freeze it.

Spoiler: Evanescence
    Show
    The bipedal creature is lying through its teeth. You can easily smell the fear boiling under its facade. There is almost some tinge of anger to it, as though it might lash out if things go poorly.

The yak meanwhile is almost disturbingly calm and serene despite the situation. It is extremely unlikely she is lying, or has any intentions besides what she says.

"Take Nessy's council, Rocket" Mossy said, somewhat hesitantly. She did not like this standoff, nor the fact that a filly was at the center of it. "Everyone who wishes to leave this frozen place can leave with us. Come on little filly, we should get you out of here." She motioned for Dawn Blossom to come over to the Whinnylight crew.

The tall creature wrapped in rags hesitated, glancing between the Whinnylight's crew and the furiously insistent Dawn Blossom. Its cerulean eyes narrowed and twitched. It then bolted off in a sprint, showing none of the weariness it had before. Above, the clouds swirled and convulsed as the wind picked up an angry howl.

"Run dark spirit!," the yak snorted as she began giving chase. "You will curse us no longer!"

19. - Top - End - #199

Evanescent blinked. She knew the creature was lying, she could smell it, but seeing the storm pick up as it fled told her that he did control it. The yak was absolutely correct. Listen, we got to go NOW. She stated, before looking over at the Yak. Come with us, we can drop you off where you want.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"Lightining?! It's so rare to get one of those!" Roxan stood in place and oulled one of the crystals raising it.

"Wind works for me, too."

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket try to grab the book without touching the creature, snatching it with speed and get back to the group:

(4d3)[3][3][2][2](10) + 3

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn's eyes widened -- that creature still had her sister's book! She knew she couldn't catch up to it, but she still had her magic. She ignited her horn, attempted to grab the book with her (admittedly still-developing) telekinesis. She knew she might not be able to overpower the creature, but maybe she could aid Rocket's own attempt to grab it.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I agree with Nessy," Mossy said as she loaded the camps supplies onto her back. "We need to get out of here before the storm returns."

Dawn Blossom had only occasionally used telekinesis before. Even when she had done so, it had been on light objects right in front of her. There was no reason to expect she could snatch the book from the fleeing creature.

But it was her sister's. And Dawn would not allow even a scrap of Lily to be lost. Her horn ignited, crackling with barely-controlled power. With a single tug, the book was wrenched from the creature's grasp and sent hurtling back to camp. Rocket blazed forward, snatching the journal mid-air before darting back. Dawn's horn fizzled out, vapor rising from it.

The tall creature turned and began running back towards you, only to be stuck bodily by the charging yak. While the tall monster floundered in the snow, the yak turned and began barreling back to your group.

"I needed to show the spirit it could not overcome us," the yak muttered as she returned. "Now, we must leave here."

Around you, the wind screamed with fury. Full, rolling storm clouds were now approaching, sheets of snow dropping from them. Roxan's crystal trembled in the gale, and began to glow with power as it sucked in some of the magic on the wind. A blizzard was coming.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Everyone make Quick rolls to get back to the Whinnylight before the full storm hits.

Mossy (4d3)[5]-7=-2
    The Yak (4d3)[10]-7=3
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-04-30 at 09:15 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204

Let's go! Evanescent exclaimed as she began to gallop hard down the path they had trodden, attempting to fight the wind and blistering snow.

Quick
    (4d3)[2][3][2][3](10) 3
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-04-30 at 12:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as Rocket Blast caught the book, Dawn stuck her horn in the snow (to cool it off) and turned around to dash towards the Whinnylight.

Quick: (4d3-7)[3]
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket had a rough time though holding the book, making sure the creature didn't follow and tring to advance to the Whinylight... His attention was splitted but he holded on! (unless the GM prove otherwise lol)

" Let's make haste everypony! "

Quick
    (4d3)[1][2][2][3](8) + 3
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-04-30 at 02:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan barked and howled happily, at succesfully containing the lightning. 'WohoOoOoOhoO!'

she laughed.
    'Danger! Finally! I have missed my sweet boring routine! Waf!' she started to run

Quick
    (4d3)[1][2][2][2](7)+3

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

You all tore back down the path previously cleared, sky convulsing with dark clouds. The colored flags rushed past, left unclaimed. Sharp, frigid air stung at your heaving lungs, thirsty for more oxygen as muscles feverishly pumped. Encroaching clouds began to shut out the sun's light. An eerie twilight fell upon the plain, the wind churning up ephemeral specters of snowflakes which raced across.

A dark shape loomed ahead, the Whinnylight. Screens of flying ice began to fall down, obscuring your vision. Naught but the screaming blizzard filled your ears. Only the vague scraps of color, guided you. One of your number, it was hard to tell who, slipped and fell but was helped up by another. The frantic pulse of blood through the veins beat in your head. Feeling began to leave some of your extremities.

Finally, you vaguely saw the shape of the Whinnylight's ramp, covered now in snow. One by one, you struggled up it, collapsing onto the deck and numbly crawling through the door to the bridge. Inside, the blizzard reached in after you, until a mighty heave from Rocket and Mossy slammed the door shut. Sealed off, the storm howled with an unnatural tone, that sounded almost like a lament of defeat. Your group was left in the bridge, barely warmer than outside, covered in snow. and utterly exhausted, but alive.

Galloping hooves heralded Clever Plan who came up from the hold.

"Thank the Celestia you made it back!" she exclaimed as she ran around, helping you all up. "That storm came out of nowhere. Come, lets get to the kitchen where we can sit around the fire."

Clever began escorting you to the mess hall of the ship, trying to brush the snow off you as you went.

"Who is this?" she asked as the yak, Pema, passed her. "And where is Lily Blossom?"
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-05-02 at 02:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" N-N-Need co-co-a... N-n-now... T-Talk aft-t-ter! For eve-everypony please!"

He hoped Clever Plan would understand his order. They were close to hyperthemia and the yak had it worst of all!

Rocket is trembling But he take the time to take to remove the snow from the yak before putting a few emergency planket on her. He remove his wet winter clothing and take a warm blanket for himself.

he wish he coudl have helped more but felt he couldnt. He was trembling like a leaf and almost couldnt feel his extremities...

30. - Top - End - #210

While she wasn't terribly out-of-shape, it wouldn't be fair to say she was the peak of athletic ability, either. Once safely ensconced inside, and the door closed behind them, she immediately fell to the ground, panting hard and deep. She'd only ever been this tired once before, though fortunately fewer trees and changelings are involved in this situation. Still, she was terribly winded, even breathing was laborious, though it was unlikely she was in any actual physical danger and just needed some rest.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-05-01 at 09:13 PM.