New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

When Nessy speak, Rocket grow somber: " You are probably right... I just wish we could have done more. Sigh... I started to read more about - "

At this point Dawn showed up. Rocket blink a few times, surprised:" Huumm little Dawn? Not that I want to discourage you as we do need a mecanic... but... Are you sure about this? You don't have other relatives by any chances? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-05-19 at 01:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

during the flight, Roxan worried came back over and over to check on her. When Dawn was awake she told her crazy adventure stories, and even gave her (empty) crystal as gift.

When the confrence came, she simply dag herself a tunnel and hidden. She loved poooooooonies, but she wasn't exactly dog of the masses.
    She also bought to Dawn a plushie, waited for the chance to give it to her.

Roxan looked into Dawn's eyes.
    'The question is diffrent, little pooony. What are you eager for? What does make your blood boil with joy and hope!?"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I'm sorry, you're right, the filly should come first," Clever Plan muttered, shrinking from Rocket's condemnation.

"I agree with Nessy, I am not sure there was much else to do," Mossy began, dourly. "And Pema seemed to have been guarding Dawn and thought her sister had been lost to the storm. I lament we could not save her, but it was a dangerous situation we were ill prepared for. As for Dawn..." Mossy hesitated and let out a gentle sigh.

"I think we need to tell her the truth, as slowly and gently as possible. Loss is a reality that cannot, and should not, be hidden from anypony. We let her grieve, support her, and then return her to her relatives. They would know her better than us, and be able to help her decide what to do."

"If I remember from Lily's files, her parents are not with us," Clever said morosely. "Dawn only has some extended family she never really met."

The filly in question then barged into the room and gave her proclamation.

"What?!" Clever exclaimed. "Nononononono... we can't have a filly as part of the crew. For the Luna's sake you haven't even finished growing up! We will be going on all kinds of dangerous missions and I won't let somepony as young as you into harms way. Besides, you aren't trained and haven't been vetted by the Fleet! The Admiral would never stand for this absurd decision!"

"Lily thought Dawn capable enough to take her to the Frozen Wastes, did she not?" Mossy countered. "And in my day, there were plenty of Ponies who helped in the fight against the chaos He wrought while they were quite young. Perhaps it isn't how most Ponies grow up, but she would still become a strong and learned mare." She then addressed Dawn directly and sternly.

"Clever is right that we will be embarking on many dangerous missions. You need to understand that fully, before I will support you in joining this crew."
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-05-17 at 07:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom took a deep, shaky breath.

"I ... yes, I'm sure," she said. "I ... it's my fault that my sister died. She was going to drop me off with some friends of the family, but I wanted to go with her. I wanted to go on an adventure with her, just one time, before she left. And ... I think she wanted to spend time with me as well. I wanted to see the world. And because of that, when the storm hit, we didn't have enough rations for both of us. I ... I understand that it will be dangerous. But I have to do this. I have to travel and learn. And not just because I've always wanted to, and not just because it's my fault, but because ... I have to know. I have to know what she discovered that was so important that some dark spirit was willing to kill for her diary."

Then she turned to address Clever Plan. "And I'm more than capable of fixing the ship. When I was trapped in that tent for weeks on end, all I had to read, besides books on the Frozen North, were schematics and blueprints for the Whinnylight. That's how I was able to save our lives with that wind shield trick back there."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Colossus in the Playground

I... Nessy was surprised, not expecting Dawn to have recovered enough to leave her room, let alone overhear your conversation. Sweetie, you got frostbite on your hooves, you shouldn't be up and about.

But, uh, CAN you? Work the ship, I mean. I...suppose, there's no harm in seeing how you can apply what you've learned.

I'm, uh, i'm very sorry for your loss, by the way.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-05-17 at 07:37 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Im sorry but I have to agree with Clever Plan. She is too young and she need to have friends of her age. Beside, the higher-up would never approuve of it. "

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Come now, she is eager to help and prove herself!" Mossy offered enthusiastically. "She could, at the very least, be the ship's engineer and stay on the Whinnylight when we went on particularly dangerous missions." If nothing else, she wanted Dawn to get that chance to find out what had happened to her sister.

"I don't even know what your sister was doing with those blueprints," Clever complained. "While I still think this whole arrangement sounds insane, I can't deny that you have some measure of expertise. For now, at least, I suppose I can ignore my better judgement and let you stay on, as an engineer."

Clever Plan sighed and took the Harmony Fleet pin off the table.

"We'll have another mission shortly," she continued, marching towards the crew's quarters. "We should all get some rest. Especially you, Dawn."

The Whinnylight and its crew slept, weary after an inauspicious beginning. In the morning, it would take to the skies and leave, off already on some other adventure.

♪ My Little Pony ♪

Dawn Blossom - Hawkflight

Evanescence- Emperor Ing

Mossy Log- Humble Master

Rocket Blast - Emmerlaus

Roxan - Igordragonian

Clever Plan - Kelly Sheridan

Admiral Wind Rider - Himself

Pema - Yona T. Yak

The Tall, Horned Creature - [Redacted]

Special thanks to the city of Vanhoover

♪ Freeeeinds ♪
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-05-20 at 12:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

An Honest Quarrel

The Whinnielight has received word that there is trouble in the Kingdom of Honesty. The highly nationalistic industrial titans host a sizeable settlement of refugees from the Kingdom of Kindness. According to the dossier, this refugee camp, Deliverance, has had numerous disputes with their host Kingdom in the past. While this is hardly unexpected, as the two Kingdoms have had disputes in the past, largely over philosophical disagreements. Honestians think of Kindnessians as head-in-the-clouds troublemakers, while Kindnessians think of Honestians as tyrannical busybodies.

The difference is that here, now, the disputes have escalated and there are scattered yet unconfirmed reports of violence breaking out. The hope is that the crew would be able to resolve this dispute before things get out-of-hoof.

The ship is guided towards a flat plain just outside of Deliverance. From above, the tents stretched out almost towards the horizon. One could only barely make out the industrial spires of the Honest Kingdom's factories, far in the distance. As the ramp falls onto the grassy plain, they are greeted by the inquiring faces of a dozen young foals, each curious to see what monster in the sky had come to greet them.

Excuse me, pardon me, coming through! A mare's voice could be made out. A green pony with a light green mane and tail made her way to you, panting heavily. Her mane was a mess, and she carried herself with the exhaustion of someone who just ran a marathon.

H-hey. I'm *pant* Overgrowth. Liason between Deliverance and the Kingdom of Honesty and *pant* now...harmony fleet, apparently! She says that last part rather sardonically.

So... Overgrowth gives the group a rather forced smile. How can I help?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Ponies fighting? Oh no! But they are so adorable and nice! Why in the world, would they fight?

She has listened to the explanations, and even though her mind understood, her heart couldn'

She waved in friendly manner to the ponies, wagging her tail happily.

'Heloooo OOOOOvergrowth." She said with a smile, and gave her, her canteen of water. "Yes, by drinking water, and not fainting. That would be helpful. Right?"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

When she had been under the medical care of Soothing Sunlight, Mossy had been told that the Kingdom of Kindness had fallen. For a long time, she had stubbornly refused to believe it. She had even pretended that the refugees from the Kingdom were fleeing some smaller disaster, and that they would return in time. This charade broke with time under the weight of reality, sending Mossy into a fit of tears and shivers. That the protection of the Tree of Kindness had failed, was unthinkable. As she looked out at the plains of tents, Mossy felt ashamed of ever denying these Pony's plight. Everything she had would be given to this mission, for the Ponies of Deliverance, and for the Tree.

"Greetings, I'm Mossy Log," she said with smile, hoping to cheer up the messenger. "We were sent to settle some dispute between the Kingdom of Honest and Deliverance. What exactly have these two communities been disagreeing about?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket go greet her up front: " I am Rocket Blast, the captain. Please take a few deep breaths, we are not in a hurry. You sure seem to have a stressful job... Wanna talk about it?"

He try to be a reassuring presence.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-05-25 at 06:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

Overgrowth took a few deep breaths, closing her eyes as she did so, accepting a sip from Roxan's canteen, before hoofing it back to her. Ahh...thank you, I needed that.

Perhaps you should start from the top. Evanescent suggested.

Well it's a long story. She warned. I oversee the day-to-day in relations between the Kingdom of Honesty, and Deliverance. Trade, logistics of relief aid, security, you name it, i'm running it. Well, the Honest Court sent me. And everything was great at first. Well, NOT great, in the sense that there were thousands of displaced ponies, but you know what I mean. The Honest Court offered aid and food, the Kindnessians were grateful, all was well. Then the Kindnessians started growing their own food. And purifying their water, and if you get far enough into camp, you can even see some honest-to-goodness infrastructure! I mean, this camp is becoming self-sufficient, that's good news.

Then some official decides that they should start taxing Deliverance. Of course, the Kindnessians don't respond well to that, and some of the ponies we sent to take it were forced out, some even say they were attacked! Now I did set an investigation and we can only confirm one attack, but...that became a cause of 'whodunit' where nobody admitted they threw the first punch.

Then there was the trio of Changeling infiltrators who came with the Kindnessians.
    Nessy snorted at the mention of changelings, her face hardening. Overgrowth just raised an eyebrow.

You're Kindnessian, too? She observed.

What gave it away?

I've seen that look, a thousand times. Nessy nodded in understanding.

So the Changelings became a topic, because Deliverance and the Honest Court had...we'll say, differing opinions on what to do with them. The Honest Court was able to get them into custody, which I think is a good thing. The pain is still raw, and they might've...not been treated kindly. But...this made them paranoid, especially when the Honest Court upped security again, even at the insistence by Deliverance that they could protect themselves. To them, we're an occupying force, with some ulterior motives. I personally don't understand why, the Kingdom of Honesty has always been a paragon of Equestrian civilization, we don't need to prove that to anypony.

Just the other day, I got locked into a storage room with only some boxes and a bar of chocolate. After an hour I ate the chocolate, and they accused me of being a changeling! Imagine that!

Apparently changelings are all addicted to chocolate. Who knew.
    Evanescent snorted at that, aware of her own chocolism. I suppose that's one thing we have in common.

I've been trying to get some help, for weeks, but the meatheads up top think "help" means "armored ponies with batons." I only JUST managed to get a hold of the Harmony Fleet, a few days ago. No offense, but I would accept any help at this point.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-05-26 at 02:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"It is good to see progress wrought by Pony sweat," Mossy mentioned, observing the sprawling jungle of tents.

When Overgrowth mentioned getting stuck in a closet with only chocolate to eat, she giggled.

"Forgive me, that situation just struck me as odd for some reason."

"It occurs to me that if we are to be mediators, we should hear as many sides as possible" Mossy said, recomposing herself. "Is there some community leader in Deliverance we could talk to?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan folded and perked her ears, as she heard 'good' and 'bad' news.

'Hmm.. two packs of dogs together? Of course, there are conflicts.. as long there no decided Alpha.. we need to convince the Kindnessians, that this is Honestian territory.... and also find the shifty bug ponies'

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket: " Well chocolate seems like the way to go to find them. Oh, we need first to decide on a codename in case of substitution from one of us. I'll whisper it in your ear,"

He whisper: " Wind Rider " to everypony in his crew ears, while making sure he say it in low tone and hiding his lips.

He take out a chocolate bar from his pocket: " I was keeping it for later but I guess I could use it to identify a changeling? Do you guys have any ideas how we could use that info to our advantage? "

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Dawn Blossom was making her way out of the engine room where she had been checking on the wind shield, making sure it had suffered no damage during their escape from the Frozen North. It took some focus for her not to leave immediately, curious as to what was happening upstairs, but she did her work first, leaving just in time to hear everything that was going on, and ... oh. That was a lot of ponies. Suddenly, she felt a bit nervous and self-conscious. What would everyone think about her being on the ship? She knew even some of her own crew disagreed with the decision, what would these complete strangers think? As this occurred to her, she ... certainly didn't hide behind any of the bigger ponies, no, that would be ridiculous. That said, she couldn't exactly help it if the bigger ponies were in the way and she couldn't get past them -- it was a very narrow ramp, you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

Hmmmnnmmm... Evanescent muttered to herself, resisting trying to snatch the chocolate bar then and there, though her eyes were affixed to it.

I should point out that we don't know if this is the result of Changeling sabotage or not. But it's good to be prepared, just in case. If it really works like they say, then any infiltrator will do...exactly what your friend is doing. Overgrowth indicated to Evanescent, who only just turned her gaze away from the candy as she realized she was being acknowledge.

I'm sorry, did you say something?

Not at the moment. She shook her head.

Now as for leaders, well, there's four. Now with Kindnessians, I use the term 'leader' pretty loosely. But you want to talk to Esoteric Reprisal, Dr. Bishop Ring, or Zenith Postal. Though you should also talk to Ironside, he's the commanding officer of Honest Kingdom security forces. Fortunately they aren't that hard to find. Overgrowth will give you directions towards whoever you want to talk to, first.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

'Ohh, I am sure a little talkies with poonies will solve anything! Should we split up?'

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Yes, the Kindnessians have always been averse to hierarchy," Mossy observed, glad that at least some things had not changed. "I am not sure the order we talk to these Ponies is important. We simply must speak with them all. So, let's start with Esoteric Reprisal."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket couldnt decide who to talk first because he took Dawn and whispered the code in her ears before grabbing her and bringomh them close to the group: " Their could be changelings here. Stay close to the group if you are not gonna stay inside the ship. And keep the code for yourself ok? "

His tone is a bit annoyed. He wonder what they were thinking in picking a little pick as a crew member. At least if she stayed on the ship it wouldn't be so troublesome.

(sorry Hawk, you still need to probve yourself to Rocket lol)

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah! Poooonies love talkies!" Roxan nodded with enthusiasm.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #262

We COULD split into groups of two. Evanescent suggested. Cover more ground while keeping strength in numbers. They aren't going to attack us in broad daylight. I think. She then makes a quick glance to the group. There's an odd number of us, so me, Rocket, and Roxan should go together, Mossy and Dawn, you should go. Maybe talk to Esoteric, first, while we go see Ironsides.

Sound like a plan?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan and nodded and wagged her tail

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I would be glad to go with Dawn," Mossy said with a nod.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-05-29 at 12:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" I do not mind that plan. Cmon girls, let's go! "

26. - Top - End - #266

Spoiler: Rocket, Nessy, Roxan
    Show

The group is directed down a worn dirt road, the grass ground into dirt by hundreds of hooves walking them every day. The white tents these ponies lived in did not seem to be particularly great, having probably no more than 20 square hooves of floor space, but it worked, for the time being. That said, the tents seemed to be in decent condition, and you could see the occasional brick or stone wall around them. Most no higher than your head, but a few looked like they only needed a roof lowered atop them before they were functional buildings, even if the pane glasses were missing from obvious window frames. Some stones were even being laid as you walk by. There didn't seem to be many ponies out in this time of day, but a few could be seen doing perfectly ordinary things, like tending to small vegetable gardens or pulling a cart. Some of whom looked up at the group, rather expressionlessly, before looking away.

You come to one large stone structure with several Honestian guardsponies in light steel barding, and the crest of the Kingdom of Honesty on their helmets. They sat in the midday sun, leaning on the cobalt blue stone wall behind them. As they saw the trio approach, you could probably hear one of them snorting in annoyance.

Not again. Ahem... The guard stands up. Citizen, if you have a complaint, please write it down and put it in the box. He indicated to a cardboard box set up on a nearby table that was overflowing with paper.

*sigh* Or don't, I don't care.

Spoiler: Mossy and Dawn
    Show

The two are directed to a pretty large stone building that, even at this distance, could be seen in the middle of town. Their procession was met with several ponies going about their daily routines. The crowd growing thicker with colorful ponies of all kinds, but amidst the sound of hooves on the dirt road or wooden wheels turning, hardly any voices could be heard. Everypony simply walked past the group with little more than a curious glance. As they approached the structure, various kiosks could be seen, selling a certain kind of fruit, vegetable, or even some tools. Ponies passed by and exchanged at them in hushed tones and went about their business with a nervous franticness. All seemed to stem from a large stone barn-like structure, resembling an oversized tunnel with a wide opening on either side. On both walls were dozens of stands and kiosks, much like those outside, but far more energetic as ponies moved about, shopping for their needs and beyond. Leaving with bags full of groceries or supplies, as other ponies entered with carts full of fresh produce to restock the stands.

According to Overgrown, Esoteric Reprisal runs this place.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

"Harsh day. Eh, fellow pooonies?" Roxan said with sympathy.
    "But today is your happy day! We are here to listen! To your bosses's complaints!" She said cheerfully

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy tried to move quickly through the quiet crowd, constantly turning back to make sure Dawn was still with her. She was slightly unsettled by the hushed urgency of the crowd around her for reasons she could not exactly place. At the entrance to the stone barn, she approached on of the stalls.

"Pardon me," Mossy whispered. It felt rude somehow to use a louder voice. "Where is Esoteric Reprisal? I would like to speak with her."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket makes a military salute : " Captain Rocket Blast, Whinylight captain. I came here to speak with your superior to help with the current situation. Those two are with me and part of my crew."

30. - Top - End - #270

Spoiler: Rocket, Nessy, Roxan
    Show

The guardspony gives Rocket a dull appraisal. Well if you want to speak to the commander, you'll need to make an appointment. He then sits on his haunches, miming the action of holding a clipboard, though none was visible. Oh look, his schedule is open for right now.

Go on in, don't try anything stupid.

Evanescent rolled her eyes as the door became accessable. As they stepped inside, they would see a pretty unremarkable room that looks like as it did outside, with plain stone walls, the floors of concrete rather than dirt. Simple wooden furniture adorned the room, with a desk more fitting for a dining room table than office furniture serving as the seat for a cobalt earth pony with a blue mane, reading through some papers. He gazes up at the trio with a disinterested gaze.

What. He asked.

Spoiler: Mossy, Dawn
    Show

Eh? The older farmpony said. Well, eh, Eso's around here somewhere but-eh, ya wanna buy some corn? She smiled as she showed off an ear of corn with pride. We got corn on the cob, corn bread, corn muffins, corn fritters...

Somebody looking for me? Said another pony as he came into view. He was a thin unicorn stallion, arguably the greyest pony any of them had ever seen, with a grey coat and an identical shade of grey on his short mane and tail. He wore a grey bowtie on his grey collar. The only thing not grey on him was his gold-shaded eyes. Is everything alright? He spoke with a fittingly flat tone. You're not with the mob, are you?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-06-02 at 03:22 AM.