New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: The Lotus Blossoms!

Spoiler: Ivory Knife
    Show
    Loyal servants ought to be concerned about the near-death of their king. Maybe they'd be too shocked or overwhelmed to rush to his side, but there ought to be some emotional reaction. Even if they secretly resented him the entire time, there ought to be something visible on their faces.

But no. There's nothing. All four of them stare slack-jawed into space, not even looking in Harnapuul's direction. That kind of response, or rather utter lack thereof... that goes beyond apathy. It's more like there's simply nothing there.

What did Harnapuul do to his servants?

The atmosphere in the arena is subdued in the wake of Harnapuul's fall. The open judgment Wic may have feared, or Brown Leaf might have contemplated, after the alchemist's dramatic revelations during the fight fails to manifest, but in its place there's a quiet coldness. In the battle between the King of Ashertan and the Monster Maker, no one in the crowd was rooting for either side. There's no victory for anyone to celebrate. The fight is simply over. Time to move on.

Wic's treatment draws no response from the unconscious king, or from his mindless servants. Truth be told, as King Harnapuul is one of the Sun's Chosen, the makeshift bandage does little for him that his body couldn't have handled on its own. With his fellow physician giving Harnapuul the cold shoulder, Wic is left to carry the king back to the stands himself, perhaps with Ivory Knife's assistance. Fortunately, even as dead weight, the slight-bodied king isn't much of a burden.

Lupo's own attention has moved on to Risi, as the miracle-worker descends into the arena for the first time not to treat another's wounds, but to fight on his own merits.

"It is time,"
    he confirms. "Risi, Jai-"

"Yeaaaah!"
    the excitable boy crows, cutting him off, "It's about time I got my chance to shine!"

Jai vaults the low wall separating the audience from the arena, eagerly spinning his spear... but then his whole body screeches to a halt as he remembers he's forgotten something.

"Oh, hold on, gimme just a second..."

He pulls a thick white headband out of a pouch at his belt and ties it around his head, pushing his unruly mess of flame-red hair out of his eyes. His headband has the Low Realm characters for "Number One!" crudely inked across it, framing the hand-painted empty Sun centered on his forehead.

"Whaddaya think?"
    he asks, proudly pointing to his handiwork with one thumb, "Pretty cool, right?"

He grabs his spear again and jogs out to the center of the arena.

"Alright!"
    he announces, "Now it's time for the Hero of Creation to claim his place!"

The Lotus Blossoms!
    Episode 4: The Number One Hyperactive, Knucklehead Solar Joins the Fight!!

Spoiler: OOC and Join Battle
    Show
    I'm sorry for deemphasizing Risi with that tile, I just... tried and failed to pass up the reference.

Spoiler: Join Battle
    Show
    (9d10)[2][5][1][8][6][2][10][7][4](45)+3
    Last edited by Ascension; 2017-12-30 at 02:50 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Wic looks taken aback by Risi's haste, and his failure to assist with Harnapuul. He fixes a curious gaze upon the master of medicine, pondering just what kind of a man Risi might be. Still, Lupo's decree meant he had little weight to gainsay the matter. Hefting the king up, and nodding in thanks to Ivory Knife, the villain of Whitewall ascends the stairs, before remembering the king's attendants. Sighing, he turns back to the group, beckoning them up the stairs with the most commanding voice he could muster. "Come along, you lot. Can't have you standing by the ringside with Mr. Enthusiasm on his way."

---

Soon enough, Wic's back in his seat, and Harnapuul is... laying down. The alchemist looks between the remaining Solars a touch nervously. Now the fight is done, and he's let that frantic energy slip, he's much closer to how he looked when the group first met each other. Nervous. Unsure of himself. Still, no one was trying to kill him yet. Better than he should've expected, frankly. And Ivory Knife had even come to help him. He should thank her for that. And without the ability to share a language

Turning to his bag, Wic spends a few seconds rummaging through it, withdrawing a set of flasks that look decidedly less than medicinal: brighly coloured liquids with strange artistic labels dominate the set. The alchemist looks between them, pondering briefly before taking a small empty vessel, a clean glass vial that he kept on hand for such occasions. With the precision that came from long practice, Wic adds small portions from several different bottles to the vial, never once spilling a drop, and letting the liquids shift and integrate slowly as he works. After a little time spent on that, the solar sniffs his concoction before smiling, and offering the vial to Ivory Knife.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (12d10)[6][7][9][4][10][3][5][10][3][5][3][4](69) A quick Basic Craft project to whip up a drink Ivory'd like from Wic's supplies.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Low Growl

"Now just a daggone minute here!" Brown Leaf exclaimed in old-realm as the Wic she remembered sat down in the row ahead of her. "We spent this whole mornin' chattin' it up an' havin' a good ol' time. I'm the simple country monk, you're the nice boy from up north what don't know nothin' applicable, an' Ivory Knife's the pretty girl everyone's leanin' in to talk to! When do you get to play Mr. Mystery an' get off callin' yourself 'Monster Maker'? If anyone here gets't play 'Mr. Mystery', it's Tuoni! At least he's been wearin' a mask this whole time!"

Her voice had been indignant, almost jovial, but now a note of pleading entered it. "Jes' tell me you was jokin'...pullin' that stuffed shirt's leg, makin' him skeerd. You di'nt really do all the crap what you was sayin' you did, didja?"

Even in the middle of this diatribe, Brown Leaf spared a glance for Jai. Boy had no sense of propriety.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Wic's shoulders slump at Brown Leaf's queries. There is no way this conversation is going to go well. The northman mutters to himself. "Shouldn't have said any of that." Before responding, he passes the drink he'd made to Ivory Knife, and begins to replace bottles in his pack. He speaks as he works. It's easier to talk about this stuff without looking at people. "I did enough of it. I didn't steal children from their beds, or plot to overthrow the city with the fae. But that's irrelevant. The basic part's true."

He's restored his supply pack swiftly. That done, Wic turns to meet Brown Leaf's gaze. He looks... dead. There's no emotion in his face right now, no sorrow, joy, or anything else. When he continues, he is recounting facts that he knows very well indeed. Facts that he's wrestled with time and time again. "I made monsters. I took slaves, criminals and barbarians and remade them into bestial forms, to fight one another or volunteers from our audience until they died. I did it again and again, from when I turned sixteen until last winter. And I stopped because the Guardians raided my lab, thinking I'd turned against Whitewall and was plotting to overthrow the government."

The last gets an emotion out of Wic, pure and unrefined. Contempt. But it doesn't last. When he speaks again, his words are very quiet, his eyes downturned. "I never claimed to be a good person. I know I'm not. The Syndics, in their infinite wisdom, sentenced me to death for my actions. I didn't argue with the decision."
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2017-12-30 at 01:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

A less confident woman than Ivory Knife might be unsettled by the idea of accepting a mysterious concoction from a man who's recently claimed to be an evil sorcerer famed for transforming people into monsters. Ivory Knife herself merely recognizes the morbid humor in the situation with a half-smile and accepts the drink gratefully.

Brown Leaf and Wirric have lapsed into the beginnings of an argument, by then, and given the context she doesn't need to understand the language to have a pretty good guess of its content. Ivory Knife doesn't intercede directly, as such, but she does quietly make a point of drinking the vial she's been presented with. If the monk notices, perhaps she'll see it for what it is; a simple expression of Ivory Knife's belief that Wirric doesn't mean harm.

The drink doesn't taste nearly like she's expected, but it grows on her quite a bit by the time she's done.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2017-12-30 at 01:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186

MonkGirl

Why didn’t’cha argue? Wait, no, lemme talk this out first.” Brown Leaf’s face was drawn, her brow furrowed. Sweat was once again beading on her scalp, so she replaced her hat. It was heavy, but at least it provided shade. She spared a glance for Ivory Knife, and took the gesture as it was meant. She let her eyes talk to the other woman, indicating agreement.

She looked back to Wic, “You’ve been tellin’ us half-truths, or jes leavin’ stuff out. Don’t think I di’in notice that past-tense there mister. Your misdeeds’r in the past, you ain’t dead, though you say you been sentenced, so that leaves me with three questions. Why didn’tcha argue when you was sentenced? Why didja come here instead’o bein’ dead? What’re ya gonna do now you ain’t dead, yer’ away from Whitewall where yer’ hated, and yer’ among exalts?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Leaf's questions are wearing a little on Wic. The Twilight sighs, removing his coat and draping it across the bench by his side. "I've nothing to hide. I'll answer your questions for politeness' sake. But I do not enjoy telling this story. I will be brief and to the point."

The Monster Maker runs a finger across the fangs of his cane, rallying his thoughts for a second. He really did have little to hide, but it is best to be calm right now. And that takes some willpower. "I didn't argue with the Syndics because I agreed that what I had done was terrible. Always felt that way: wasn't in the villainy business because I enjoyed it. I didn't die because Whitewall uses winter exile as a hygienic form of capital punishment, and a far too kind man saved me from the Traveller's Road. And I'm here to repay that debt." He looks up at Lupo, just for a moment. Turning back, Wic chuckles to himself. "I may not be worthy of the Celestial Lotus. But I can at least help ensure whoever wins has been tested as thoroughly as possible. What I do after this...?"

He shrugs. He hadn't made firm plans that far ahead. He'd hoped that the company of some fellow Sun Chosen might provide some inspiration but saying that aloud, right now, seems... foolish. It's not the answer Leaf would like, that's certain.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2017-12-30 at 04:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Risi watches Jai enter the arena, his face remaining stern, but there is a flicker of amusement across it as the boy pulls out the headband. He walks slowly across the arena, coming to rest facing Jai. Risi takes a long, deep breath, closing his eyes and exhaling before sliding into a simple fighting stance. One foot slightly forward, he raises his hands in front of him in a ready position, the hands loose and relaxed.

"So, 'hero', what is it you fight for?" asks Risi.

Spoiler: OOC + Join Battle
    Show
    Of course Jai would make it about himself, he's the true protagonist here. We'll see if Risi is going to disillusion him or not.

Spoiler: Join Battle
    Show
    (7d10)[7][5][1][1][4][10][7](35)+3

9. - Top - End - #189

MonkGirl

Brown Leaf’s eyes softened, a little. “Shoot, sounds like it was a rough life what led ya here. Sounds t’me like you regret how you was ‘afore, an’ you wanna make somethin’ right. Sounds like yer on a better path now. Ain’t that what bein’ ‘chosen’ is all about?

She leaned forward and gave Wic a hearty slap on the shoulder.

‘If’n you’re serious ‘bout doin’ somethin’ different with yourself, I’ll stick with ya. I wanna see more’a the world than the sandsedge valley and this hot rock in the sea. I’ll teach ya realm if ya want, and we can forget all this ‘monster maker’ stuff.

She gestured at the flask in Ivory Knife’s hand. “Seems t’me there’s other areas you kin use your talents, after all.

10. - Top - End - #190

BlueWizardGirl

Initiative: 7

Jai sinks into a low fighting stance, a powerful striking base, with the length of his spear extending the potential reach of his lunge.

"Justice, duh,"
    he replies to Risi's question, with a chuckle and a smirk.

"What else would a hero fight for?"

He makes a feint with his spear, and laughs if Risi flinches.

"But I don't mind having fun along the way."

Spoiler: Tuoni
    Show
    There are slight differences in execution, both because Jai is using a spear and because he was probably taught by a sifu on the opposite end of Creation, but Tuoni immediately recognizes the boy's stance as White Reaper.

Show
    Committing 8m to activate White Reaper Form.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The pats on the back are enough to shake Wic pretty heavily. Nonetheless, the Whitewaller manages a slightly weak smile at Brown Leaf after she indicated the drink he brewed for Ivory Knife. "My family are innkeepers as well as alchemists. Some of the skills go hand in hand."

It'd always been the way. A legacy, passed down the generations, with each of them making a mark of their own. The pale Solar frowns at his friend, though there's no ill will towards her at this point. "I don't think I'm the person you're envisioning. And don't want to impose on your time or path forward. But.. thank you for the faith. I appreciate that. And I do intend to hold myself to a higher standard now." That gets a chuckle out of Wic, "I know that's not the most comforting thing to hear from a Guildsman, but it's the truth."

That said, the former Monster Maker's eyes shift down to the ring and the match that was starting up. This promised to be interesting. And the prospect of Risi getting his glorious Solar prosterior kicked only made things better.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Initiative:7

Risi shifts his stance slightly, pointing his lead foot a little bit inwards as his hand clench for a second before loosening again as Jai makes his feint.

"I see a child who fights for glory, not justice," replies Risi, his face cold and stern. "If you think this a game, you have a great deal left to learn. I fight because I must, because there are people who cannot fight for themselves."

Show
    Committing 8m to activate Crane Form.

13. - Top - End - #193

MonkGirl

Default Prusten

Yea Risi! You’re talkin’ my language!” Brown Leaf yelled down to the arena.

It was plain to all onlookers that she’d been wanting to cheer for a while, but had been drowned out by Ivory Knife in the first match, been fighting in the second, shocked in the third, which had been too short to react much to anyway. Now her face is set, this is a woman who is determined to have some FUN damnit!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Wic grins at Brown Leaf. Immaculate or no, she had the right idea. The Monster Maker raises his cane, calling out at the top of his lungs in Riverspeak, "Come on Jai! Show us why they call you Number One!"

15. - Top - End - #195

BlueWizardGirl

"Are all adults so serious?" Jai asks, incredulous. "Sure I'll fight for the weak. But I can still have fun doing it!"

The boy darts forward and lunges, left palm pressed against the butt of his short spear, driving it forward with all his weight behind it.

Spoiler: OOC and Rolls
    Show
    Reflexive Move to Close, Withering Attack.
    5m on Falling Scythe Flash, 2m on the MA Excellency

Notably, you've got a choice here. If Risi simply attacks, it's a Clash, and only the attack which rolls higher will resolve. If he declares a Full Defense, he'd be able to use a Crane counterattack, and both attacks will be guaranteed to resolve against the other character's defense.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack: (14d10)[4][5][3][10][3][6][3][8][8][7][2][8][6][1](74)
    Damage (base 17 with Falling Scythe Flash): (20d10)[3][5][6][7][5][10][3][3][8][7][10][9][3][7][10][3][1][3][8][3](114)
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Ivory Knife is, as usual, watching the match already. So far, though, she seems less intense than before. Is it because her eyes keep wandering back to Harnapuul and his servants? It's hard to say. With an effort, she seems to force herself to focus on Risi and Jai, although something in the set of her expression seems to indicate that she might not be taking either of the two as seriously as they deserve.

Show
    Well, Ivory Knife has finally realized that Harnapuul's servants have had something awful done to them. It's theoretically possible that Harnapuul himself didn't do it, but as much as she might think the guy's cute, her mind is tending to wander to the worst possibilities now.

And since there's nothing she can do about it right now, I think that means she's fallen squarely into her Limit Trigger this time. Which would mean... (3d10)[4][5][4](13)

...That she apparently escapes without any limit this time anyway! Fortunate.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2017-12-30 at 07:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Risi slides his left foot back, turning his body in a swift movement as he reaches to grab the haft of the spear with his left hand and then pull it in and pin it to his body with his right arm, attempting to pull it from Jai's grip as he spins in a full circle to face him again.

Spoiler: OOC + Rolls
    Show
    Ok, declaring Full Defense then a decisive counterattack as per the rules of Crane Form, expending 2m on Martial Arts Excellency to raise my parry to 9 (5 base, 1 Crane From, 2 Full Defense).
    I'm using the decisive counterattack to make a custom disarm gambit in which I attempt to take the spear away from Jai (discussed with Ascension prior to post). I'm expending 3m on Martial Arts Excellency to increase the attack.
    Show
    Attack Roll: (12d10)[6][3][2][7][1][7][5][8][3][4][1][10](57)
    Initiative Roll for Gambit: (7d10)[8][4][5][1][2][9][7](36)

18. - Top - End - #198

BlueWizardGirl

Risi easily sidesteps and diverts the force of Jai's attack, but it proves more difficult to wrest the spear from the boy's grip. After a brief struggle, Jai breaks away with his weapon still in hand.

"Hey, what's the idea?"
    he complains. "Scared to fight against this dinky old spear? It ain't like that scary sword or that fancy cane... it's just a spear. But whatever."

The boy shrugs, then casually tosses the spear over his shoulder, letting it clatter to the arena floor.

"I don't need it," he boasts, with a toothy grin.

The boy makes to scratch his nose, then suddenly lunges into motion again, an outstretched fist mimicking his earlier thrust with the spear.

Show
    Okay, first off, we're in a new round, so both characters regain 5m.

This is another Withering attack, now Unarmed, augmented by a 4m Excellency. Risi's Full Defense still applies, so you may also counterattack again.
    Show
    Attack: (18d10)[8][1][4][3][3][8][4][9][7][8][9][2][4][6][3][7][3][9](98)
    Damage (base 11): (18d10)[8][2][5][10][9][3][1][1][10][7][1][6][5][9][6][8][1][9](101)
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

After losing his grip on the spear, Risi lets out an audible snort of frustration, before finishing his spin to face Jai again.

"I had hoped to end this quickly,
    " says Risi, sinking back into his simple fighting stance, "but it seems my attempt was in vain."

As Jai lunges forward again, Risi steps into the strike and attempts to push the fist to the side and deliver a series of rapid blows to Jai's ribs with his other hand, two fingers extended with the rest curled down.

Show
    Going to make a Withering attack as a counterattack from Crane Style.
    Show
    Attack Roll (14 base + 2 from stunt): (16d10)[10][9][7][4][3][1][7][7][8][6][6][10][5][3][2][4](92)
    Damage Roll: (9d10)[7][4][1][2][5][3][8][2][8](40)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Listening to Wic's tale, Tuoni nods approvingly at both the Syndic's judgment and Wic's acceptance of it. Well done on all involved, and it seems I'm not the only exile here. Ah, but the other match is starting.

His spine stiffens in surprise at Jai's stance, an old sutra running through his head.

Once, there was a maiden
    who danced barefoot through the snow...

He wondered if Jai had learned the same one.

Out loud, he said to no-one in particular. "That's a curious choice - Jai's style isn't meant for single combat. Risi's is." Less interested but more involved in this match, Tuoni isn't cheering but every time Jai makes to strike his hand tightens around his staff. Hopefully at least one White Reaper stylist would be advancing to the next round.
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2017-12-30 at 11:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

BlueWizardGirl

"Ow, ow!" Jai smarts from Risi's blows to his ribs, but he's grinning. "Maybe I need to start taking you more seriously, old man!"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Risi remains silent as he pulls away from Jai, his eyes locked onto the young boy's. He shifts his left foot back, then continues the movement around as he starts a series of spinning back kicks that transitions into sweeping knee strikes as he attempts to drive Jai backwards and throw him off balance.

Show
    Risi is making a Withering attack against Jai, spending 3m on Martial Arts Excellency. If he drops Jai's initiative below his own with the damage from the attack, he will reflexively activate Snake Form.

Show
    Attack Roll (base 14 + excellency 3 + stunt 2): (19d10)[1][4][2][10][2][9][2][1][2][10][8][4][9][4][9][1][7][5][9](99)
    Damage Roll: (11d10)[10][4][4][7][6][6][8][2][6][2][2](57)
    Bonus Dice for Threshold Successes: (4d10)[4][3][6][5](18)

23. - Top - End - #203

BlueWizardGirl

Risi's flurry of kicks and knee strikes removes the smile from Jai's face. The boy wards off a couple of the blows, but Risi definitely gets the better of the exchange, driving Jai back on his heels.

"Agh, ow!" he shouts, not joking anymore. "Hey, why'd you go all quiet? What gives?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

MonkGirl

Brown Leaf had been cheering for several moments by the point she started to really pay attention to Jai, his foot-work, the pace of his punches, all of it reminiscent of how Tuoni had fought, just...looser...but starting to get tight. "Kid's gettin' worked up...does that mean he's been fightin' for fun up 'till now?" She asked the group in general, repeating the gist of it for Wic.

"Hey Tuoni...the kid's usin' your style right? What kin he do if'n he starts losin' and don't like it?" A note of concern had entered her voice.

Show
    Rolling the ol' Perception+MA+Stunt
    (9d10)[10][8][3][10][2][5][3][2][2](45)

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"You're worrying too much."

Wic leans back, sighing pleasantly. Watching a fight like this is strange, but he's found himself appreciating the southern boy's good humour more and more as the bout goes on. He shakes his head in response to Leaf's question. "He's not going to go that way. I don't see any malice from Jai. No overwhelming pride, or smug superiority. He's just having fun. Risi giving him the cold shoulder is enough to needle him, but that's it. One's eager and naive, the other's sanctimonious and reverential."

The northerner chuckles, turning back to the bout as he concludes. "Trust me. This is one fight that's at no risk of ending badly."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Tuoni paused, thinking through Brown Leaf's question, then shrugs non-comittedly. "The largest blow I dealt Ivory Knife; a finger-joint lower and it would have shattered the sternum of a normal woman and driven the pieces into her heart, killing her instantly. It's not a gentle style. But that's true of all of our arts, and I have faith that he can moderate his punches."

27. - Top - End - #207

MonkGirl

“I dunno... ain’t been a match today that weren’t a surprise fer erreybody.”

28. - Top - End - #208

BlueWizardGirl

A groan from behind Wic heralds King Harnapuul's return to consciousness. The still very groggy king struggles to lift his head enough to turn and glare at the sorcerer.

"...uuuuuu've maaaade an enemy this dayyy..."
    he rasps.

Mourning Blade glances over at him with eyebrow raised.

"Do you want me to hit him again for you?"
    she asks, deadpan.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the crowd is speculating, Risi comes out of his series of spinning blows, dragging one foot through the dust to create a graceful arc on the ground. He lets the movement shift his weight onto his back leg and sinks into a low stance before smoothly springing forward into a flurry of strikes as he attempts to take advantage of Jai being back on his heels. As Risi moves, the spectators can see that what was once an imperceptible outline of light around him has begun to grow into a clearly defined halo of white energy surrounding his body, the mark of the Zenith flaring on his forehead.

Show
    Risi is spending 3m to activate Striking Cobra Technique on this attack, then another 2m on Martial Arts Excellency.
    Show
    Attack Roll (base 14 + excellency 2 + stunt 2): (18d10)[2][2][8][7][1][8][2][5][2][2][10][6][6][6][6][4][4][8](89)
    Damage Roll (base 11 + striking cobra technique 4):
    (15d10)[6][4][4][6][4][3][8][9][5][9][5][9][6][6][10](94)
    Bonus Dice for Threshold Successes: (4d10)[4][3][10][1](18)

30. - Top - End - #210

BlueWizardGirl

Jai's sweeping parries are broader than they need to be against a single opponent, an artifact of his ill-fitting style, but with essence speeding his movements, he's fast enough to keep up with Risi's onslaught.

"See... I told you... I could... hold my own!"
    the boy grunts between blocks, his confidence quickly recovering from Risi's earlier blows.

He buys himself some space with a feinted kick, then tenses to spring back into action.

"My turn."

Jai's attack this time is more sophisticated than his usual forceful lunges. His right fist leads his advance with wide, clubbing hammer-blows, telegraphed and easily avoidable, but he follows with quick left jabs, hoping to catch Risi off-guard.

Show
    Withering attack. 4m MA Excellency and 5m on Bleeding Crescent Strike. Snake Form penalizes Jai's attack by -3.
    Show
    Attack (double up to 4 nines): (15d10)[4][5][7][6][5][8][1][10][7][6][2][6][3][7][9](86)
    Damage (base 11): (15d10)[2][10][7][8][6][1][7][1][7][6][9][10][2][10][9](95)
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show