Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ruins of Azlant, Part I: A Bountiful Venture [PF] (OOC)

The IC thread is here

Player Character Race Class Alignment Campaign Trait
    The Mad Hatter Rackham "Rick" Brutal Human Gunslinger // Bard Neutral Evil Ex-Pathfinder Recruit
    jamieth Rovena Human Occultist (Silksworn) // Wizard Neutral Good Following in Footsteps
    Desril Shana Human (Azlanti without stats) Elementalist Shifter // Spirit Guide Oracle Chaotic Neutral Pathfinder Initiate
    Darvin Tirsen Dray Tiefling Unchained Rogue (Eldritch Scoundrel) // Psychic Chaotic Good Skillful
    pi4t Liyinva Lofall Half-Elf Druid (World Walker) // Unchained Monk (Master of Many Styles) Neutral Good Expert Explorer (or Set Mind)
    Lt Gravemind Edo Oshiah Human Samurai (Sword Saint) // Investigator (Empiricist) Neutral Good Eagle Knight Recruit
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-12-14 at 02:27 PM.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant, Part I: A Bountiful Venture [PF] (OOC)

NPC information -- Names you will all know

Crew of the Peregrine:

Spoiler: Captain Jacob Markosi
    Show
    The captain of the Peregrine, Markozi is a human in probably his mid-forties, with blue eyes and a graying head and beard. He's treated everyone quite fairly, but does expect the passengers to take care of the boat and chip in where needed. The Peregrine is a hired ship; his job is to transport you and the ship's supplies to the island and then depart for their next paycheck.

Spoiler: First Mate Naerath
    Show
    A tall, slender half-elf of approximately 35 years, with green eyes and long auburn tresses. She's quite adept at climbing the ship's rigging and repairing the various mechanical devices aboard.

Spoiler: Quartermaster Alda "Bean Counter" Brady
    Show
    A thin, bespectacled halfling, Alda is in charge of the ship's stores, which include both the supplies destined for Ancorato and the foodstuffs for the crew. She's also nominally in charge of the ship's galley and the cooks there. She's under a lot of stress -- it's hard to tell if this is because of the nature of the mission or because of the 400 pound lion caged below deck.

Colonists Aboard the Peregrine:

Spoiler: Ramona Avandth
    Show
    Ramona is the governor-designate for the Bountiful Venture Company, to relieve the existing governor of his duties once the ship reaches shore.

Spoiler: Gallery of NPC photos
    Show

Spoiler: Alba Divenvaar
    Show
    Alba, a female dwarf, is an affable lady. As a young alchemist, Alba traveled throughout the southern Inner Sea region to learn trade secrets in Druma, the Mwangi jungles, and Osirion. Her
    lifelong dream is to behold the shores of Arcadia and discover the alchemical secrets of that land. Age is starting to get the best of her, and she's delighted to have this opportunity before it's too late.

Spoiler: Anya Sandstrider
    Show
    Anya speaks in a thick Shoanti accent, and can be very blunt. She's more than happy to take additional soldiering/hunting details to get out of farming and other more menial tasks.

Spoiler: Carver Hastings
    Show
    Carver is a middle-aged man with blue eyes and a deep tan. He proudly wears his breastplate over his worker's clothing. He's a very serious man, and tends to act rather standoffish with the other colonists.

Spoiler: Eamon Caranth
    Show
    Father Eamon, a missionary of Erastil, is close friends with fellow missionary Kurvis Nurpico, whom Eamon jokingly calls "Father Grouse". The two are lifelong friends and friendly rivals, bunking together on the voyage and almost always spotted together bickering like an old married couple. You'll have noticed that he tends to be very non-confrontational.

Spoiler: Harcourt Carrolby
    Show
    Quite out of place on this voyage, Harcourt is the son of wealthy Andoren horse breeders, and still carries himself as though his family's wealth matters on this voyage. He can be a little bit of a snob, but he understands that everyone aboard is at least trying to improve their station in life. He hopes to tame the wild horses rumored to be on the islands and expand the family business.

Spoiler: Kurvis Nurpico
    Show
    Kurvis is a missionary of Abadar and lifelong friends with Eamon Caranth (see above), though age is beginning to show itself on Kurvis much more readily than the half-elven Eamon, who he jokingly calls "Father Easy". As a devout Abadaran, Kurvis can be rather blunt and transactional.

Spoiler: Luetin Calewick
    Show
    Luetin was taken on to the colony with the understanding that he would be an assistant blacksmith. A stocky man with rather poor hygiene skills, Luetin has been caught more than once casting a lustful eye at Anya, though she hasn't seemed very interested.

Spoiler: Lyra Heatherly
    Show
    Lyra is an employee of the Bountiful Venture Trading Company, tasked with exploring the island and cataloging the various flora and fauna on the island. She's also in charge of obtaining a more accurate mapping for the island and estimating the total square mileage of the island and the available resources.

Spoiler: Perrell Beys
    Show
    Perrell, too, is a Bountiful Venture employee. She's in charge of the more scholarly aspects of the island -- cataloging of ruins and any unusual items or artifacts that might be found from Old Azlant. She's also officially in charge of recording the daily events on the island and preparing official maps for the Trading Company. She can be a very precise woman.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-12-15 at 11:29 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Map of Azlant
    Show

Spoiler: Map of Ancorato
    Show
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2017-12-13 at 08:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

You know the drill, please check in and claim post colors and all that good stuff. I'm taking bold black of course, and I'll add another color or two for NPCs once you've picked.

I will be sending each of you a PM over the next little while with your acceptance letter; please read it. In some cases it'll have some useful information for you!

I'll be filling in the intro and information above this evening. Please note that your characters will all have gotten to spend six weeks aboard a not very huge ship, among less than a hundred people -- so it can be assumed that you've at least taken the time to introduce yourselves and get to know basic capabilities. Please let me know if you'd like to RP that out or if you just want to cut right to the part where I kill you all-- er, I mean, start the adventure.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tirsen will speak in blue.

Tirsen Dray appears to be a young man who, like many, is seeking a new life in the colonies. He proclaims to be something of a mystic and seer, able to confer with spirits and guide good fortune and health. While Tirsen does have many supernatural powers, just about everything else about her is a lie. She has little in the way of actual prophetic abilities, isn't fully human, and isn't a man. The tiefling faked her death several years ago to escape from a lengthy jail sentence for petty crimes, and established this new identity and began conning incredulous (but wealthy) nobles. When her past finally caught up with her, she was forced to flee the country quickly and discreetly. Tirsen is still at her charming frauds, taking every opportunity to impress upon her fellow colonists her strange and prophetic powers with the hopes of building a new following of credulous supporters.

Spoiler: OOC notes
    Show

Tirsen has a constant Death Watch spell-like ability in effect. This is an alternate racial trait instead of 1/day Darkness.

Once per day, Tirsen can select one spell from the Cleric spell list and add it to her list of spells known. The spell must be 1 level below the highest she can cast (so orison for now). I'm defaulting to Guidance.

Tirsen has an ability that is the equivalent of bardic knowledge, and can make any knowledge checks untrained.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2017-12-13 at 07:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Liyinva will talk using forest green. Because obviously.

I'll look through everyone else's character sheets and try to give some comments on Liyinva's thoughts on them.

Edit: Well, we are a very human-centric party, aren't we? I think I'm the only person who doesn't at least look completely human, and even I'm only a half elf!

Liyinva herself is a half elf whose clothing and general confidence with nature indicates a lifetime spent outdoors. Despite this, her appearance is still oddly unweathered, a product of her elven heritage. She's prone to long, thoughtful silence, even in the middle of conversation - in a conversation involving more than two people she'll sometimes respond to points that you thought you'd moved on from a minute or two ago. Even though Liyinva never carries any weapons or armour (apart from a small and little-used sling), those who are able to recognise such things can tell that she carries herself with the poise of a trained fighter. Her one possession of value to her is a small darkwood disc which she keeps on her person at all times.

However, after six weeks on the ship, the thing that most of the crew think of when you mention Liyinva to them is her pet lion cub, or "animal companion" as she insists on calling him. Named Midnight - rather an odd name for a golden lion, incidentally - Liyinva absolutely refused to leave him behind, and it was only due to her father's name and her obvious skills in the wild that the Company allowed the two of them on board. Midnight is...not the most well-trained of animals ("yet") and it took some effort to coax him on board - and to get him to go into his enclosure below decks and stop trying to look round the decks.

Rick: Oh, dear. Given Liyinva's sense motive, she probably has a feeling there's more to your than meets the eye, despite your impressive charisma. Particularly since gunslinger is, ideologically, pretty much the polar opposite of druid//monk in so many ways. Yeah,, I don't trust you, or particularly like you, and you've probably noticed this due to my own low charisma-and-social-skills. (Also, OOC question: Why do you have :'s at the end of each field on your character sheet? Just curious.)

Edo: We're both in an unfamiliar civilisation and trying to adjust, and I think Liyinva will have noticed this connection between us, and possibly made tentative attempts to develop that connection. If this led to Liyinva learning more details of Edo's background, she'll also approve of the things like slave-freeing and other good activities, and possibly end up beginning to develop a slightly awkward friendship with him. That very much depends on how Edo responds, though - and remember that Liyinva would be being very slow and tentative since she's kind of working at elf-pace for making friends.

Tirsen: Well, Liyinva doesn't really qualify as "gullible", and having lived among high level casters she was probably rather unimpressed with even your genuine powers. She's not sure why you're on this trip at all, in fact - you don't exactly seem like frontier colonist material. The idea that you're fleeing from the law hasn't yet occurred to her, though - while she would understand the concept if you pointed it out, it's not where her mind naturally goes due to being so far from her own experience.

Rovena: Well, Liyinva is herself a caster, and until recently practically everyone she knew was a caster of reasonable level and used said magic in important rituals and suchlike, so...yeah, we're mostly agreed on the importance of magic. Might have come up in conversation if someone else doubted its value and Liyinva and Rovena ended up teaming up to argue otherwise. She's less than impressed with your shutting yourself away indoors and not wanting anything to do with nature or physical stuff, but our approaches to life are otherwise rather similar. We may disagree on "magic for the sake of magic vs magic for the sake of nature" but that conversation probably hasn't come up. I think we may have fallen foul of the "two people who don't tend to start conversations" curse and not really got to know each other very well yet, though.

Shana: First of all, Liyinva doesn't recognise you since I reckon the runelord of lust's actual appearance is a bit above common knowledge and I have no ranks in knowledge(history). When that changes she'll probably become a bit concerned - the Runelords weren't exactly good for nature, from what she's heard. Currently she's been observing you every now and then and is really not sure what to make of you, frankly. You look different to the other humans around here, and so maybe you come from some distant land or something. You seem unsure about some very basic things - tasting fruits and vegetables and then deciding that you don't like them, and so on.Things around you keep moving of their own volition, and at least once she spotted you trying to put out a fire on your own clothing. Liyinva is privately wondering if you're under some sort of curse.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2017-12-13 at 08:43 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I liked the colors that they'd use to show us what Sovereign Dragons looked like. The Daimyo was like that, in the same colors and just as mighty, or at least in my head. Beyond the scales and colors though, he was black inside."

Dressed in his weathered kimono and sporting his jingasa, Edo is a foreign man from a foreign land, even by Inner Sea standards. Despite being far away from everything he has ever known, the foreigner seems to have taken to his situation quite well and has been friendly to all aboard the Peregrine. Indeed, the ronin seems to enjoy regaling those who are interested with stories and history from his homeland, as well his travels that lead from the Crown of the World to Anodran. Notably these descriptions leave out details of what his personal life looked like and what motivated him to take up his travels, and he will deflect the matter if someone attempts to bring it up.

It's clear from the outset that Edo is a fighter of sorts: an arm is nearly always resting on his Nodachi, and the kimono is not very good at disguising the armor he wears. He always seems to be drinking from a flask and can be seen at times fildling with alchemical reagents. Whether it's for a potion or simply a perchant for alchohol is anyone's guess. When not actively helping with something that requires heavy lifting or talking to someone, he'll tend to rest with his back to a wall and jingasa pulled down, preferably in the sun.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Since my customary dark green was taken, I'll have to settle for Purple for Shana.

Well she might not suffer from altruism, she's not a bad person and enjoys making friends, so she would've been happy to talk to anyone, particularly if they gave her an excuse to try new things (be it from dares, bets, or whatever). It's also possible that some of you might have caught her flirting with Ramona (both out of genuine interest and a self-serving desire to get in good with the governor to be), though she was far from the only person that she could've been seen with. It's entirely possible she ended up shamelessly flirting with any of the PCs as well if they seemed like they'd be receptive to that (and more, depending on how receptive.

In any case, gold being what it is, silk dresses are expensive, and as such, after her incendiary incident at lunch last week, she was down to two outfits; The loose, revealing dress shown in her picture, and a black gown. As far as physical descriptions go, well, she has the body of Sorshen, who has images available online at various places (though she lacks the ioun stones and other equipment of the Runelord).
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Rovena will take Deep Sky Blue, acknowledging Shana's right to what would usually be my default color.

Delighted to take a break from the dusty and stuffy libraries of Arcanamirium, Rovena spent as much of a journey as weather permitted up on the deck... though usually still buried in a book, of which she brought a decent collection - including, of course, her priceless spellbook and a personal journal, but also a set of every volume of Pathfinder Tales that has anything at all to do with Azlant - volumes that she, apparently, knows nearly by heart.

She's perfectly polite and formal when talked to, and readily assists with whatever her fellow travelers might require - as long as it doen't involve physical labor - but rarely engages in the conversation first.

The half of her luggage that isn't occupiedd by books is housing the Arcanamirium's dress uniform, but Rovena didn't put it on once during the journey, to avoid subjecting it to the wear and tear of the journey. She wants to look perfect when meeting her sister after so long.

On Rick Brutal, she certainly hasn't figured out his secret - but it doesn't change the fact that she doesn't like the man very much... though he obviously has his way with the words. So, when possible, Rovena just tries to keep away.

Tirsen, she talked with more than a few times, mostly about divinations and prophecies, and found him a perfectly fine individual, though a little boastful of his magical abilities... but then every wieder of the arcane art has a reason to be proud of it, right?

With Liyiniva, her main point of interest is, uniquely, not magic - their approaches are, after all, not really compatible - but Midnight. For all Rovena sometimes looks - very much intentionally - wise beyond her years, she's still an easily exciteable young woman, and just can't ignore such a large and beautiful cat...

During most of the journey, Rovena used every opportunity to stare at Shana when the latter wasn't looking, and such stares usually resulted in a disappointed frown on the young arcanist's face; while some people onboard have undoubtedly attributed said frowns to resentment about Shana habitually flaunting her - admittedly noteworthy - body, the actual reason was that Rovena recognized the previous owner of said body immediately, having written an essay on Runelords as part of her History of Arcane course, and spent the whole journey trying to figure whether it was an illusion (but she checked for the aura of illusion magic again and again, to no avail!), a mundane disguise, an incredible chance likeness, or... something else? Of course, that was no question one simply asks, So Rovena has to keep her curiosity unsated for now.

Edo, she has a grudging respect towards; while normally, she would consider swordsmanship a crude and barbaric art, one can't fail to appreciate the man so dedicated to his craft. Besides, talking to him is a good opportunity to check some of the more out-there tales about Minkai she read, as well as practice spoken Draconic.

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    Rovena has ranks - and class skill boni - in 6 different Knowledges, making her a veritable font of information.

One mechanic-wise quirk of the character is that she often leaves multiple spell slots empty during daily spell preparation - slots that she can fill with the right situational utility spell in 7.5 minutes each thanks to her Quick Preparation feat. (Some of the more universally useful spells she casts spontaneously).

Rovena's very item-dependant, needing both her wand and her dress uniform to unlock the full scope of her magic.
    Last edited by jamieth; 2017-12-14 at 05:08 AM.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

d20 Re: Ruins of Azlant, Part I: A Bountiful Venture [PF] (OOC)

Rackam will be speaking in "Glorious Goldenrod".

--

Rick himself appears to be quite the experienced and well-traveled adventurer, clad all in bright, expensive clothing and bristling with dangerous equipment. The one-legged buccaneer even appears to be a particularly experienced sailor, entirely at ease aboard the Peregrine, even through stormier waters. The highly sociable stranger has made quite the effort in getting to know the others aboard the vessel over the past few weeks, ever eager to learn more about the other colonists. Despite his friendly attitude and apparent fondness for conversation, the man has managed to easily dodge most attempts to discern any sort of personal history.

In fact, when one thought hard about it, it was fairly difficult to recall the stranger ever talking about himself.

--

Liyinva: While Rackam assumes a friendly attitude towards Liyinva, it's awfully difficult from time to time to conceal his distaste for the druidic woman. What sort of fool would trust her fists, or some wild animal over a firearm? All the power and the flashiness of a miniature explosion, held within the palm of one's hand! Still, the grubby, poorly-dressed woman appeared awfully strong, and therefore could very easily be of some use to Rackam, and by extension, the Aspis Consortium. Though she may distrust him, Rackam is confident in his ability to manipulate her into aiding his organization, given enough time. After all, her experience with the natural world could be of some use, laying the groundwork for the Consortium to one day come along to pillage and plunder all that can be ripped out of the ground, an entire continent of resources ripe for the taking! (And, I dunno! Just looks nice on a sheet, I think.)

Edo: The foreigner's skill with his unusual blade and fondness for drink amuses Rackam, who, despite their differences, finds Edo to be a thoroughly pleasant individual, albeit a somewhat misguided one. After all, despite Rackam's inherent greed, he's still an adventurer at heart, similarly to Edo.

Shana: While Rackam hardly recognizes her as a Pathfinder, something about the woman seems awfully familiar to Rackam. He's kept an eye on her throughout the journey, ever interested in hearing of her past, yet wary of appearing far too interested in the woman's past.

Tirsen: Rackam knows a villain when he sees one. All his life, he's worked beside the unscrupulous and opportunistic, and his experiences with both the Pathfinder Society and the Aspis Consortium have only managed to hone his ability to recognize certain traits. Rackam considers Tirsen to be a particularly interesting colonist, one which he intends to keep an eye on for as long as possible, to determine whether or not an agreeable alliance could possibly be made between the pair of criminals. After all, in Rick's eyes, there's not much of a difference between the pair...

Rovena: The glamorous gunslinger considers Rovena to be far too young and naive to be of much use to him.

11. - Top - End - #11

With regards to the other PC's, Tirsen has likely identified them all as people worth getting to know. She'd take the time to listen to their stories and learn about them - all information that could be invaluable later.

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    Tirsen: Well, Liyinva doesn't really qualify as "gullible", and having lived among high level casters she was probably rather unimpressed with even your genuine powers. She's not sure why you're on this trip at all, in fact - you don't exactly seem like frontier colonist material. The idea that you're fleeing from the law hasn't yet occurred to her, though - while she would understand the concept if you pointed it out, it's not where her mind naturally goes due to being so far from her own experience.
    Tirsen would have at least made an attempt to get to know who Liyinva is, and would take an interesting if she learned she was a druid. After all, it's a type of magic Tirsen is unfamiliar with.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Tirsen, she talked with more than a few times, mostly about divinations and prophecies, and found him a perfectly fine individual, though a little boastful of his magical abilities... but then every wieder of the arcane art has a reason to be proud of it, right?
    Tirsen is a dilettante of the arcane arts, and would seek to make an excellent impression with Rovena. She'd also try to coax as much information from the young wizard as possible regarding her background and schooling; information that could prove worthwhile later to better understand the limits of what Tirsen can get away with in Rovena's presence.

It is possible that Tirsen has learned about Rovena's suspicious regarding Shana, as she would take notice of such interactions and pry into them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Tirsen: Rackam knows a villain when he sees one. All his life, he's worked beside the unscrupulous and opportunistic, and his experiences with both the Pathfinder Society and the Aspis Consortium have only managed to hone his ability to recognize certain traits. Rackam considers Tirsen to be a particularly interesting colonist, one which he intends to keep an eye on for as long as possible, to determine whether or not an agreeable alliance could possibly be made between the pair of criminals. After all, in Rick's eyes, there's not much of a difference between the pair...
    Probably a mutual information standoff, with both trying to pry for information without giving up any.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
    Tirsen would have at least made an attempt to get to know who Liyinva is, and would take an interesting if she learned she was a druid. After all, it's a type of magic Tirsen is unfamiliar with.
    You probably did learn that - Liyinva recently qualified and is rather proud of it.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

IC thread is up, link in the OP.

I'll be adding additional NPC information in the appropriate place as I'm able today, but I likely won't be done until tonight.

14. - Top - End - #14

GM asked, GM receives:

Character Initiative AC HP Fortitude Reflex Will Perception Stealth
    Rovena 3 13 7 1 3 3 5 3
    Tirsen 4 14 10 1 6 2 2 8
    Liyinva 2 14 12 4 5 6 8 0

Also knowledge checks (* indicates untrained):

Character Arcana Dungeoneering Engineering Geography History Local Nature Nobility Planes Religion
    Rovena 8 4* 4* 8 8 8 8 4* 8 4*
    Tirsen 5 5 5 5 9 6 5 5 5 5
    Liyinva 0* -1* -1* 5 -1* -1* 7 -1* -1* -1*
    Last edited by Darvin; 2018-07-10 at 03:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: My thoughts on that table
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Posting here because it's a bit too verbose for Discord: I'd like to talk about my character's Sift cantrip and what in the nine hells it actually does. I should have ran this by you during recruitment/character creation, but I didn't realize the problem until I actually went to use it in-game and subsequently began to search around the internet for clarification on how it works. I did not find clarification, I only found a rabbit hole. And I'm not even sure I've found the bottom yet.

Let's start with the easy one: the Sift cantrip has a subtle contradiction built into it. It says that the caster must be able to visually see the area being searched, but it also says it can be used to locate hidden features and objects. This sounds reasonable at first glance, but creates a problem with edge cases. For instance, the spell can definitely find a hidden door that is disguised to look like the wall, but what about a hidden door that's behind a tapestry? If the tapestry is considered to be hiding the door then sift should be able to find it, but if the tapestry delineates an area of the room that I cannot see then sift could not find it. That may sound like an academic distinction, but consider our current situation. Does the canvas of a tent delineate a new area, or does it hide the contents within the area of the open field? If you're anything like me, your gut told you that sift should work in the example of the tapestry, and shouldn't work in the example of the tent. However, the actual thickness of the intervening material is roughly the same in both cases so there isn't an obvious way of making such a distinction. It means the exact same material might or might not block sift depending on where and how it's placed.

Some other examples I found in other threads for creative uses of the sift spell: reading a letter in a sealed envelope, searching the contents of a locked treasure chest, frisking every character in a 10 ft cube to determine the contents of their inventory, or reading the entire contents of every book contained in a 10x10 bookshelf. Note that all of these applications would be a single standard action that could be performed at a distance of up to 30 feet. This cantrip is starting to sound less like a cute perception tool and more like a munchkin's wet dream.

I originally took the sift spell because it looked like it fit Tirsen's concept well. She'd have the lowest perception check in the party due to her steep wisdom penalty, but would make up for it by "cheating" to perceive things the other party members couldn't. However, now that I'm looking at the huge amount of rules ambiguity behind it I'm regretting having picked it. I'd like to ask for one of two resolutions: some clear guidelines on how you'd like to run the cantrip and its limits, or permission to retrain it and just be rid of the problem altogether.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The spellbook in Rayland Arkley's mattress contains:

Spoiler: these spells
    Show

cantrips:
    Arcane Mark
    Breeze
    Dancing Lights
    Detect Magic
    Mage Hand
    Penumbra
    Prestidigitation
    Read Magic
    Resistance
    Scoop
    1sts:
    Alarm
    Anticipate Peril
    Burning Disarm
    Dancing Darkness
    Erase
    Expeditious Excavation
    Glue Seal
    Polypurpose Panacea
    Reinforce Armaments
    True Strike
    2nds:
    Gust of Wind
    Locate Object
    Make Whole
    Obscure Object
    Resist Energy
    See Invisibility
    Spider Climb
    Summon Monster II

18. - Top - End - #18

Level-up info for Tirsen:

Classes: Rogue // Psychic
    Hit Die: 8 (rolled in discord) (+1 con, +1 fcb)
    Favored Class (psychic): +1 hit point
    Base Attack Bonus: +1
    Saves: +1 Reflex, +1 Will
    Skill Points (8+2 background):
    Craft (Alchemy) +2 (background)
    Bluff +1
    Diplomacy +1
    Disable Device +1
    Perception +1
    Stealth +1
    Sense Motive +1
    Spellcraft +1
    Use Magic Device +1
    Psychic Class Features: +1 phrenic pool, Detect Thoughts (1/day, plus special option)
    Rogue Class Features: Evasion
    Wizard Spells Learned (2): Crafter's Fortune, Burning Hands
    Psychic Spells Learned (+1 cantrip): Ghost Sound
    Spells Per Day:
    Cantrip; +1 wizard
    1st; +1 psychic, +1 wizard

(A reminder that my wizard spellcasting comes from my rogue archetype, Eldritch Scoundrel)