New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

That's normal. Statistically, it'll average 140 runs to round 8 of Onslaught to get all the parts for Khora.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, Khora grind might be the worst in the game. It's definitely up there with Mesa.

If DE gives me a 75% coupon in the near future, I'll probably end up purchasing her with plat because of how atrocious the grind is.

I think my biggest complaint is that you basically have to have an AoE nuking frame to get past round 6, which is (IMO) the most boring playstyle. I'm running max range/efficiency Equinox when I run base onslaught, and Jesus Christ is it boring.

There's a reason I didn't like Ember and don't like Banshee that much, they basically remove the experience of playing Warframe for the other 3 members of the party. At least Equinox requires setup to nuke the map, not just "I have energy, I hit 4 now" even if it is still aggressively dull.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-05-23 at 04:57 AM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Honestly, I quite enjoy that sort of gameplay. Not exclusively, of course, but when I'm watching a podcast or a twitch stream, zoning out while playing a game-mode with no auto-fail condition and a Warframe that doesn't require much thought is a pleasant way to pass a few hours.

Then again, I took one look at Khora and decided that I was never going to grind for her so I suppose that I am lacking the frustration that comes from 'failure'.

What can I say? I did both Equinox and Mesa the hard way, I don't feel guilty.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe the Khora grind is DE's revenge for only making me kill Mutalist Alad V 3 times to get all of Mesa's pieces. Of course, I thought they'd already balanced my karma by making me kill Vay Hek 40-odd times for Hydroid...

Also, Resonating Quake was changed recently and I missed the notification. I took Banshee into a defense mission and my 4 did nothing. A single pulse that wasn't enough to kill anything. (I don't like to invalidate my group so I mostly use Sonar, but it's really nice to have an emergency reset button if the objective is being overrun.)
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    That's normal. Statistically, it'll average 140 runs to round 8 of Onslaught to get all the parts for Khora.
    Eesh that's discouraging. I managed to get all of her parts except the blueprint relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    I think my biggest complaint is that you basically have to have an AoE nuking frame to get past round 6, which is (IMO) the most boring playstyle. I'm running max range/efficiency Equinox when I run base onslaught, and Jesus Christ is it boring.
    I had been having relatively good luck in pickup groups until the last week or so, where it seems half the team jumps ship at wave 4 without warning, and me and the other person bailing at wave 6 because it doesn't seem to recalculate the scaling for fewer players. Also in the last couple days there's been a lot of weird host shuffling, but only in onslaught.

In other news, farming for breaths of eidolons is also a pain. Trying out a damage/status zaw nikana using some of the new parts, and I've run myself out of the few I had.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

6. - Top - End - #366

7. - Top - End - #367

NinjaGuy

ARE YOU READY FOR A THE SACRIFICE TENNO?

Loved the shot of 'Wally' at end there, really looking forward to getting to play a cinematic quest right when it comes out (I'm sure there's going to be absolutely no bugs ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

I just hope the final fight isn't going to have the same level of frustrating no clue puzzle mechanics as Harrow's final fight, which killed all the tension for me.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, Khora grind might be the worst in the game. It's definitely up there with Mesa.

If DE gives me a 75% coupon in the near future, I'll probably end up purchasing her with plat because of how atrocious the grind is.

There's a reason I didn't like Ember and don't like Banshee that much, they basically remove the experience of playing Warframe for the other 3 members of the party. At least Equinox requires setup to nuke the map, not just "I have energy, I hit 4 now" even if it is still aggressively dull.
    Personally, I'm a newbie still (currently stuck in Uranus trying to get a drone to spawn in a place I can freaking scan it) but I like Banshee. But I like her for her passive and Sonar when playing solo. Using a giant elephant gun while making no noise and doing extra damage makes Spy missions quite fun. Her 4 up to here has seemed thoroughly unimpressive - I imagine it takes a build to make it work, because my couple experiments have made it seem like it basically tickles Grineer to death extremely slowly while eating a lot o energy that would be better spent on her other skills.

10. - Top - End - #370

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I just hope the final fight isn't going to have the same level of frustrating no clue puzzle mechanics as Harrow's final fight, which killed all the tension for me.
    I will just be happy so long as we don't have to do the whole damn thing in Spoiler Mode again.

I mean, I get the mechanics and themes they're going for, but I want to play as my rad space ninja robot guy dammit

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I will just be happy so long as we don't have to do the whole damn thing in Spoiler Mode again.

I mean, I get the mechanics and themes they're going for, but I want to play as my rad space ninja robot guy dammit
    I wouldn't mind Spoiler Mode this time, just the lack of clues as to what to do. Harrow's quest came out pre-Focus 2.0 and spoiler mode is much more capable now (trying to do the MR24 test without arcanes/waybounds/amp requires a much better player than I am).

12. - Top - End - #372

NinjaGuy

Ditto on that last part. I've spent enough focus to get 8 of the 10 waybounds and who knows what on materials for arcanes, I deserve to be able to use them!
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

13. - Top - End - #373

Spoiler: Sacrifice maybe?
    Show
    Anyone else been getting more visits from "Hey Kiddo" and this particular thing recently? Because the transference reboot screen used to be once every other month, and Hey Kiddo once every 2 weeks. Right now it's practically every 10 missions for both of them.

14. - Top - End - #374

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    I have never, ever seen Hey, Kiddo until right now.

No idea it was even a thing. I had to go and read the Warframe Forum to find out what you were talking about - Apparently it triggers after you have finished Chains Of Harrow, which I did on the day after the Quest became available, and it's never happened to me since.

A theory is that it depends on your alignment, and Neutral Tenno just don't get it as often as darkside ones do so maybe that explains it. I can't see that I have seen the Transference interference more often, either. *shrug*
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-06-03 at 06:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375

Spoiler
    Show
    I have never, ever seen Hey, Kiddo until right now.

No idea it was even a thing. I had to go and read the Warframe Forum to find out what you were talking about - Apparently it triggers after you have finished Chains Of Harrow, which I did on the day after the Quest became available, and it's never happened to me since.

A theory is that it depends on your alignment, and Neutral Tenno just don't get it as often as darkside ones do so maybe that explains it. I can't see that I have seen the Transference interference more often, either. *shrug*
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm full day. That might be it. It could also just be random luck.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm full day. That might be it. It could also just be random luck.
    Spoiler: Rap Tap Tap
    Show
    There's a theory going around that if you have a cosmetic on one of his spawn sites, he won't show up. I saw him once straight after Chains, then twice in the past two months.

The Sacrifice teaser site is up, along with a promo code OLDFRIEND for a tea set decoration and a three day affinity booster.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

More free warframe stuff.

There's a link to free warframe goodies (Foxglove syndana, 200K credits, 3 day affinity and resource boosters) in the Humble Daedalic Bundle 2018; it's near the bottom of the page and you'll need to put your email address in (you don't have to subscribe to the newsletter if you don't want to).
    You can redeem the code either ingame or through the promocode section on the main website as per usual.

If you have Twitch Prime, there's also a Trinity Prime available through that.

18. - Top - End - #378

NinjaGuy

Thanks for the heads up!

19. - Top - End - #379

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: Sacrifice maybe?
    Show
    Anyone else been getting more visits from "Hey Kiddo" and this particular thing recently? Because the transference reboot screen used to be once every other month, and Hey Kiddo once every 2 weeks. Right now it's practically every 10 missions for both of them.
    Spoiler: maybe
    Show
    I always wondered what the transference reboot thing was. I get it about once a month or so. As for 'Hey Kiddo', I only recall seeing him once other than immediately after the Harrow quest, until he showed up this morning. I haven't really noticed an increase in either one, but I'm neutral so maybe that is a thing.

More free warframe stuff.

There's a link to free warframe goodies (Foxglove syndana, 200K credits, 3 day affinity and resource boosters) in the Humble Daedalic Bundle 2018; it's near the bottom of the page and you'll need to put your email address in (you don't have to subscribe to the newsletter if you don't want to).
    You can redeem the code either ingame or through the promocode section on the main website as per usual.

If you have Twitch Prime, there's also a Trinity Prime available through that.
    Ooh, thanks.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Spoiler: maybe
    Show
    I always wondered what the transference reboot thing was. I get it about once a month or so. As for 'Hey Kiddo', I only recall seeing him once other than immediately after the Harrow quest, until he showed up this morning. I haven't really noticed an increase in either one, but I'm neutral so maybe that is a thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was originally an easter egg for TSD, but has remained in the game. There's a translation of it here.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Free glyph: SHUL

Spoiler
    Show

Redeemable on the promocode page or in game as usual.

Looks like DE are really starting to ramp up for The Sacrifice.

22. - Top - End - #382

Griffon

"Please note: Keys currently depleted"

I'll be sure to keep an eye on it though, that's for the head's up Oni
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-06-06 at 07:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

"Please note: Keys currently depleted"

I'll be sure to keep an eye on it though, that's for the head's up Oni
    They have more now. I just grabbed one.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Free glyph: SHUL

Spoiler
    Show

Redeemable on the promocode page or in game as usual.

Looks like DE are really starting to ramp up for The Sacrifice.
    This is in fact a streamer glyph, unrelated to upcoming content. Still looks cool though.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

25. - Top - End - #385

NecromancerGuy

Just did a Meso Void defense mission and got the BP I needed to make Zephyr Prime. Totally makes up for the guy who was spamming the lasers the whole game and downing the rest of us.

I still need Nekros Prime Neuroptics and Systems, but ran of relics for them. Not really in a farming relics mood, but I have until the 19th right? (also, I'm happy to trade for them if anyone has extra and needs something else.)

Is tigris prime actually any better than sancti tigris? I have 5 forma on my sancti and just realised that I'm only the BP away from the prime.
    Long-form Sig

26. - Top - End - #386

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    Is tigris prime actually any better than sancti tigris? I have 5 forma on my sancti and just realised that I'm only the BP away from the prime.
    Tigris Prime is more damage, less crit chance, more status chance (30% vs 28%), more minimum damage percentage at range, more accurate, and lacks the purity effect. It can reach 100% status chance (without multishot) with the 4 60/60 shotgun mods.

Basically, anything the Sancti Tigris can kill, a Tigris Prime with the same setup will kill even harder. You mostly just lose out on the Purity proc.

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    The short answer: Almost never. In 99% of content, it's worse.

The longer answer: Only if your Sancti can't already 1-shot it, or you're interested in sniping with a shotgun. If you already have 5 forma in your Sancti, you're likely able to 1-shot entire waves of enemies well over level 100.

Statistically, Tigris Prime has both a higher burst DPS and Sustained DPS. And it can reach the all-important 100% status chance, which means every pellet procs a status, which is a huge difference. And it's far more accurate, so you can use it at mid ranges no problem, or long range with a bit of modding. But...

Reloading takes almost 50% longer. And you don't get healed/corrode everybody around you every 5000-ish affinity. And, frankly, less accuracy = more spread = hit more dudes.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

28. - Top - End - #388

NecromancerGuy

Tigris Prime is more damage, less crit chance, more status chance (30% vs 28%), more minimum damage percentage at range, more accurate, and lacks the purity effect. It can reach 100% status chance (without multishot) with the 4 60/60 shotgun mods.

Basically, anything the Sancti Tigris can kill, a Tigris Prime with the same setup will kill even harder. You mostly just lose out on the Purity proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMycon View Post
    The short answer: Almost never. In 99% of content, it's worse.

The longer answer: Only if your Sancti can't already 1-shot it, or you're interested in sniping with a shotgun. If you already have 5 forma in your Sancti, you're likely able to 1-shot entire waves of enemies well over level 100.

Statistically, Tigris Prime has both a higher burst DPS and Sustained DPS. And it can reach the all-important 100% status chance, which means every pellet procs a status, which is a huge difference. And it's far more accurate, so you can use it at mid ranges no problem, or long range with a bit of modding. But...

Reloading takes almost 50% longer. And you don't get healed/corrode everybody around you every 5000-ish affinity. And, frankly, less accuracy = more spread = hit more dudes.
    Thanks you two, I have 4 relics for the Tigris Prime BP, so I'm planning on running them at least to try for it. I probably won't forma it unless I'm really liking it prior to potato-ing it. I just hopped on WF and double checked, I'm actually only at 3 forma on my Sancti Tigris. I've been running it with Hell's Chamber, PPoint Blank, Seeking Fury, Sweeping Serration, Blaze, (90% elemental mod, varies), Ammo Stock and Burdened Magazine (rank 1). This gives me 4 rounds per reload and a 1.4s reload, which isn't bad at all. I've been running with my Vaykor Hek a lot more than my ST lately, but overall I think I use the two about equally overall.

That build might be a bit sub optimal in terms of not having crazy status or flat out max raw damage, but it holds up well through the vay hek raid and as long as you aim for the face, it melts stuff an hour into survival missions. I also like getting 2 shots per reload instead of one (I never actually hold the trigger to wait for the second of the duplex shot).
    Long-form Sig

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Spoiler
    Show